PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans?

Patterson
12-22-2009, 07:43 AM
So winter is here and I will not ride in cold ass weather :D, if you put yours up for winter or in most case's in here your not. Do you have any plans for your bike.

post up if you got big plans or no plans. :D

EDITED since you guys are still riding lol

§treet_§peed
12-22-2009, 10:02 AM
I had to sell mine, but if things work out for me by the end of March or the beginning of April, I should have another one.

DelxxxSol
12-22-2009, 10:18 AM
So winter is here and you can't ride, so what are you going to do with it while it sits?

post up if you got big plans or no plans. :D

riding season continues unless theres ice on the road,,,fair weather riders pssshhtt

Patterson
12-22-2009, 10:35 AM
:lmfao: i'm a 55 degree and up guy. i'm to old for that cold shit. plus when could i ever get the work done on the bike? cold weather is the time for build's at my shop. last year i did looks and a little speed goodies......this year its build time i'm looking for close to 400rwhp then its game on for summer :cheers:

dazn
12-22-2009, 11:47 AM
can't ride? your crazy.

Ive ridden in the snow several time this winter already.

Patterson
12-22-2009, 12:59 PM
i didn't even know it had snowed yet hmm. to all ya'll still riding i'll give props, i used to a while back. but now you will not see me doing it, but then again i hardly ride mine in the summer unless i come out for a little race. It goes on the trailer headed to the track on fridays then goes back in the shop for ajustments. I guess if i had a nice streetable bike I would be out more. not that mine is not just setup a little more on the track side. might have to pick up another one this spring and get back to it. Getting an itch for some curves and a road trip.

Subleg4
12-22-2009, 01:36 PM
I sold my motorcycle yesterday but on nice enough days Ill still take the Ruckus out and the Dirtbike

C-loS109
12-22-2009, 01:40 PM
just got me a bike... and i will ride unless it snows. i need some better gloves my pinkys hurt lol

Hondatwin23
12-22-2009, 04:42 PM
all seals, forks and then ride ride ride>>>oooops i mean stunt stunt stunt

dazn
12-22-2009, 05:06 PM
i didn't even know it had snowed yet hmm. to all ya'll still riding i'll give props, i used to a while back. but now you will not see me doing it, but then again i hardly ride mine in the summer unless i come out for a little race. It goes on the trailer headed to the track on fridays then goes back in the shop for ajustments. I guess if i had a nice streetable bike I would be out more. not that mine is not just setup a little more on the track side. might have to pick up another one this spring and get back to it. Getting an itch for some curves and a road trip.

this was in North Carolina and TN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZTR4sL9sEA
at 1:50, and then at 3:20
there are a bunch of riding videos on my channel as well.
The perfect ribbon is a good one.

§treet_§peed
12-23-2009, 11:29 AM
^Nice vid

Mad Mike
12-27-2009, 10:48 AM
I just got a 1 piece cold weather suit so on nice/cold days I'll ride the GSX-R but on not so nice days I'll ride the DR-Z400. I ride year round.

David88vert
12-27-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm a 50 and up guy also. Nothing left to do to the R1. There's nothing left to do to my pit bike either. I do have a Banshee that I need to get together though, and a 7RR that I need to rebuild.

BLK JDM
12-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Install my Power Commander 5 and AutoTune, and tune up of course. Maybe get some adjustable levers. Bike is pretty much done for me.

AnthonyF
12-27-2009, 08:15 PM
^Nice vid
He has the BEST vids.

Mine is in my garage apart. Gonna get a valve job. New FX35 Projector headlight mod + CCFL blue halos more blue LEDs, block off plates are on ordered. Maybe a paint job of PCIII when I feel like it in the future.

I'm loving my new front and rear pitbull stands. :goodjob:

-Ant.

dazn
12-27-2009, 10:54 PM
He has the BEST vids.

Mine is in my garage apart. Gonna get a valve job. New FX35 Projector headlight mod + CCFL blue halos more blue LEDs, block off plates are on ordered. Maybe a paint job of PCIII when I feel like it in the future.

I'm loving my new front and rear pitbull stands. :goodjob:

-Ant.
thanks, but I wish I did.

dzone has the best vids.
http://dzone.smugmug.com/Movies/DeadZone-Video/5045494_WwdPr#597166517_UD5SH-A-LB
thats me and a friend who is leading.

AnthonyF
12-28-2009, 08:44 AM
thanks, but I wish I did.

dzone has the best vids.
http://dzone.smugmug.com/Movies/DeadZone-Video/5045494_WwdPr#597166517_UD5SH-A-LB
thats me and a friend who is leading.
Like I said before, you have one great video that I love with nice soothing music.

That vid is pretty sick! :goodjob:

-Ant.

David88vert
12-29-2009, 07:25 AM
dzone has the best vids.

x2

Patterson
12-29-2009, 06:09 PM
so do any of ya'll ever take them out on the drag strip?

Mad Mike
12-29-2009, 08:46 PM
so do any of ya'll ever take them out on the drag strip?

Not yet but I will be taking both of mine next season.

Patterson
12-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Not yet but I will be taking both of mine next season.

Cool. where are you planing on going? i stay at brainerd, and steel most of the time. i have some guys wanting me to come down to commerce just haven't made the trip yet.

AnthonyF
12-29-2009, 09:38 PM
I just ordered a powder coating kit that has 2 settings, small and large applications. I might strip my bike to my frame, smooth my frame out and powder coat it gloss black or a dark dark blue.

-Ant.

Mad Mike
12-30-2009, 06:04 AM
Cool. where are you planing on going? i stay at brainerd, and steel most of the time. i have some guys wanting me to come down to commerce just haven't made the trip yet.

I'll be going to commerce. Its only 20+/-min from my house.

dazn
12-30-2009, 04:25 PM
I just ordered a powder coating kit that has 2 settings, small and large applications. I might strip my bike to my frame, smooth my frame out and powder coat it gloss black or a dark dark blue.

-Ant.

you couldve come and used mine. Ive got two, and a modified oven to hold twice the cubic feet.

AnthonyF
12-31-2009, 09:01 AM
you couldve come and used mine. Ive got two, and a modified oven to hold twice the cubic feet.

Well, I didn't know. I also don't have your number. I'm hoping my other bike buddies let me do work for them so I can make the money back on the machine fairly quickly.

What did you do to the oven??

-Ant.

JDM-95-Hatch
01-02-2010, 12:57 PM
still riding mine every chance i get but so far this winter, i have ordered new tires, scotts steering damper, pazzo levers, vortex upper triple clamp and some other small odds and ends like preload adjusters, new spools, grips and keyless gas cap

Mad Mike
01-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Just got back from a cold ass ride. 29*FTL both on and off road with my DR-Z400. Went out yesterday with the GSX-R and it was 36*. I wish my 1 piece winter riding suit would hurry up and get here.

slow_hatch
01-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Haven't rode in weeks. I've done my time with cold weather, I don't HAVE to now so I don't. I started the bikes up the other day and rode them up and down the driveway, that is about it. Picked up a old school '81 Honda XL500, to build a flattracker, that should keep me busy till it warms the fuck up.

Daniel, we need to talk:D

dazn
01-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Well, I didn't know. I also don't have your number. I'm hoping my other bike buddies let me do work for them so I can make the money back on the machine fairly quickly.

What did you do to the oven??

-Ant.

I made it bigger :D

Haven't rode in weeks. I've done my time with cold weather, I don't HAVE to now so I don't. I started the bikes up the other day and rode them up and down the driveway, that is about it. Picked up a old school '81 Honda XL500, to build a flattracker, that should keep me busy till it warms the fuck up.

Daniel, we need to talk:D

man i hear ya, but with this heated gear now, 30 degrees feels like 80, until I open my visor.