PDA

View Full Version : just got my rear disc brakes on...and...?

Schugg
10-23-2005, 08:08 PM
and i believe i bled the brakes right, i just need to get an alignment. but on the emergency brake, sometimes when im getting ready to leave somewhere and i take my e-brake off, i start to go and the rear disc brakes stick for a second. im thinking this is because i couldnt get the e-brake line to run under the car right and only managed to get one of the 2 clips to bolt up on each side. if i did get both clips to bolt up then i wouldnt beable to get the part that goes insde the car to reach. could the e-brake be sticking because the housing of the wires isnt mounted right?

ive been driving it for about 2 days, and it has been doing it less and less. which also makes me think that it could have been from my painting the whole rear brake system black so it wouldnt look so nasty.

mahrod2005
11-07-2005, 04:47 PM
yea there sticking from the paint..... your not suppose to get crap like that on the rotors or pads...also they do that when the havent been used for a while (just ride it out..thats what happende to me) or.......You didnt tighten the cable to much did you?

Schugg
11-07-2005, 08:35 PM
haha well this a late reply! yah i road it out they are good now, no more sticking. the ebrake cable isnt to tight in the down position. i checked that to make sure. only thing that is wrong with that is that only one of the 2 clips bolts up on each one. that doesnt matter really, i just dont like knowing there is a clip not bolted up, ill probably cut it off, cause my brake still works when i pulled it up.

also are rear disc brakes less grabby when you pull the ebrake up?? it seems like it doest stop as good as drums when using that. or is this because i couldnt get both clips to bolt up and its kinda make it have slack or something?

mahrod2005
11-09-2005, 04:28 PM
no its not the clips dont worry about those.......in that case you need to make them tighter...but make sure they're even (where the end of the cables connects from 2 to 1 to the cable at the e brake handle

Schugg
11-09-2005, 08:53 PM
yah they are not even at that part, one the whole ebrake line will slide back alittle when i put it down, but if its up it pulls up and evens out. will that mean one side is being pulled tighter?