PDA

View Full Version : The homeboy hookup

LIKEG6
12-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I have been talking about this for a while with a few of my friends.

Is anyone down for the "homeboy hookup" anymore?? Seems like people are all out for themselves nowadays even your so called "friends".

Like, when I have a part I pretty much have no use for and one of my friends needs it , depending on the part, I either just let him have it or get it at a low price. What's up with friends these days trying to make a quick buck off you when you're in need?

Usually I'll help out on friends cars for little things like an oil cap or shift knob.

I fixed a buddy's car for an ls trans. Stuff like that is what to me makes the scene and friends with it.

Anyone thought about this topic at all?

jhadleyh
12-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Hatch looks good in sig

lanning
12-21-2009, 09:58 PM
i think about it all the time, i have one friend that does it all the time. i can sell him a cd player for $50 and he will try to sell it back to me for $100 lol

LIKEG6
12-21-2009, 10:05 PM
i think about it all the time, i have one friend that does it all the time. i can sell him a cd player for $50 and he will try to sell it back to me for $100 lol

OMG EXACTLY!!!

That shit right there pisses me off!!

Thanks for the comment on the hatch lol.

Arm&hammer
12-21-2009, 10:07 PM
i hook my good friends up, and the friends that i know will not screw me over. i will help friends out with their cars but why help someone out if you will never get shit in return?

lanning
12-21-2009, 10:08 PM
the friend that does that to me is trying to buy my coilovers right now, he knows how much i paid for them and knows that im not dropping the price. i told him i will knock some money off it he takes them off my car and he was like you will only tale $50 off if i take them off the car. i told him he was already getting them for $300 off what they were new

LIKEG6
12-21-2009, 10:16 PM
the friend that does that to me is trying to buy my coilovers right now, he knows how much i paid for them and knows that im not dropping the price. i told him i will knock some money off it he takes them off my car and he was like you will only tale $50 off if i take them off the car. i told him he was already getting them for $300 off what they were new

:lmfao:

HeLLo iM iZzY
12-22-2009, 12:35 AM
I think your exhaust is too jdm.

XanRules
12-22-2009, 12:57 AM
man, I didn't know what this thread was about.

You do nice things for your friends when it comes to buying and selling. What goes around comes around.
And if your friend thinks you're gonna fuck him out of some money, he's probably not a great friend anyway.

Catnip
12-22-2009, 01:00 AM

I think his exhaust is perfect JDM.

XanRules
12-22-2009, 01:01 AM
I think Japan is too JDM.

dallasb84
12-22-2009, 01:32 AM
well i changed my buddys alternater on a gay contour svt.... in the rain.. it took 3 hours...

he asked me what i owed him.... i said soup.

he goes in the front door and yells at his wife "MAKE DALLAS SOME SOUP AND A FUCKIN SANDWICH"

id say thats a hookup.

when i was in virginia and my trans took a shit on the way up..... all it took was a call. i had tools, garage, soup, and sandwiches.....

i dont believe you should ever ask for anything in return from "REAL" friends.... other than that.....i dunno

Scotty at mainstream would be broke cuz he didnt charge all his "friends" money for tunes..... theres a drawing line but at the same time it depend on what you call a friend.

Catnip
12-22-2009, 01:57 AM
well i changed my buddys alternater on a gay contour svt.... in the rain.. it took 3 hours...

he goes in the front door and yells at his wife "MAKE DALLAS SOME SOUP AND A FUCKIN SANDWICH"

id say thats a hookup.

when i was in virginia and my trans took a shit on the way up..... all it took was a call. i had tools, garage, soup, and sandwiches.....

i dont believe you should ever ask for anything in return from "REAL" friends.... other than that.....i dunno

Scotty at mainstream would be broke cuz he didnt charge all his "friends" money for tunes..... theres a drawing line but at the same time it depend on what you call a friend.

I totally agree. Just like you took me out for taco bell, no homo...

dallasb84
12-22-2009, 02:08 AM
now how bout some free reps hoe

SleeperWRX
12-22-2009, 02:09 AM
now how bout some free reps hoe

lol, repped.

dallasb84
12-22-2009, 02:19 AM
ha ha i just talked about our conversation at taco bell in the whos fuck who thread lol

ash7
12-22-2009, 02:32 AM
I always make sure to hook my friends up, help 'em out whenever i can.

When it comes to people i hardly know, or never hang out with... the price goes up a tad.

If it's someone i don't like - the price goes up a lot and my time becomes more valuable.
-jonathan

JITB
12-22-2009, 02:47 AM
i do believe the homeboy hookup has drifted away lately. me myself feel bad charging people or taking money from good friends, for just helping out. or just some shit i dont need or want. If you have had a friend for long enough, im sure you owe him something or they owe you something.

got to keep the homeboy hookup alive..

LIKEG6
12-22-2009, 07:25 AM

lol. I just changed it for the 12th time the other day. That's an old pic too.

i do believe the homeboy hookup has drifted away lately. me myself feel bad charging people or taking money from good friends, for just helping out. or just some shit i dont need or want. If you have had a friend for long enough, im sure you owe him something or they owe you something.

got to keep the homeboy hookup alive..

Troof

LIKEG6
12-22-2009, 07:27 AM
Oh and reps to all

Njobe
12-22-2009, 07:29 AM

id say thats a hookup.

very nicely put. +

deathrex
12-22-2009, 01:45 PM
I help my friends out that i know wont try and fuck me over. Shit I stayed up all night trying to get my buddys roller rockers installed on his lt1. We were drunk (30 pack into a trans swap on my old jeep wrangler) Decided to take a break from the tranny and install the rockers. The box said self adjusting lol. They didnt self adjust and broke a few pushrods lol lol. But yeah the people that ask for help and expect you to do all the work or not even try and help out i dont hang out with them. Ive got a tight nit group of people that I hang out with. I dont ask for anything in return they usually bring beer and ill order a pizza or vice versa. And yeah friends that try and rip you off is no friend. Wouldnt keep them arround.