PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news from DC

thecrazyone
12-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Its about time

"The Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) reports that a U.S. House of Representatives just voted 221-202 on the omnibus spending bill, which will allow Washington, D.C. to implement its medical marijuana law. ..."

http://www.enewspf.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12143:house-lifts-ban-on-dc-medical-marijuana-law&catid=88888904&Itemid=88890249

They've slipped this into the main bill used to fund the government. It's not a stand-alone deal.

Essentially, the law was passed near 10 years ago but the Federal Government was blocking it from being implemented by refusing to fund it.

The funding is in the omnibus, and Obama signed it three days ago

Ziptied
12-21-2009, 06:31 PM
And you wonder why you drive a girls car?

thecrazyone
12-21-2009, 06:37 PM
And you wonder why you drive a girls car?

um, irrelevant to my post much?

either way to bad i have an 2008 v6 AWD Fusion sel.

Humphrizzle
12-21-2009, 06:38 PM
so weed is legal?

Ziptied
12-21-2009, 06:41 PM
um, irrelevant to my post much?

either way to bad i have an 2008 v6 AWD Fusion sel.

Like I said, girls car.

Humphrizzle
12-21-2009, 06:43 PM
i dont smoke weed.

EJ25RUN
12-21-2009, 06:44 PM
i dont smoke weed.
x2

thecrazyone
12-21-2009, 06:45 PM
so weed is legal?

for medical use, in allowed stated, yes.

Ziptied
12-21-2009, 06:46 PM
for medical use, in allowed stated, yes.

WTF is an allowed stated?

roxie911
12-21-2009, 06:47 PM
It's pretty much pointless to legalize it. When I worked in Redding it seemed like they were coming out with new laws everyday restricting what we can and can not do. It was ridiculous.

Either way, it'll go downhill once they start taxing it.

98tegCHICK
12-21-2009, 08:19 PM
I think they should legalize all of it and let the dumb fucks weed themselves out...they wanna fuck around with that shit and die from it, LET THEM. Quit wastin taxpayers money on a war that WON'T be won.. geez.. fuckin people...

roxie911
12-21-2009, 08:23 PM
I think they should legalize all of it and let the dumb fucks weed themselves out...they wanna fuck around with that shit and die from it, LET THEM. Quit wastin taxpayers money on a war that WON'T be won.. geez.. fuckin people...

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Wooooooooooow.....this girl OBVIOUSLY doesn't know ANYTHING about marijuana.

punkr6
12-21-2009, 08:24 PM
i dont smoke weed.

x3, so no care..fucking pot heads....

98tegCHICK
12-21-2009, 08:26 PM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Wooooooooooow.....this girl OBVIOUSLY doesn't know ANYTHING about marijuana.

*shrug* whatev. Legalize it all n be done with it.

And you're right, I know absolutely nothing about mary-ju-wanna :rolleyes:

I don't smoke it, either.

Wurm
12-21-2009, 08:27 PM
x2

x3

The Ninja
12-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Whether does or doesn't smoke it has very little to do with this thread, its not likely he was informing the medical users of the site.

Roxie, you don't sound like you know what you're talking about so I'd clarify if I were you.

98tegBroad: Educate yourself, PLEASE.

mmmmpsi
12-21-2009, 08:30 PM

Well you don't die from weed.. No offense but even if you don't know anything about it, you'd have to be stupid not to know you don't die from smoking it.. we're not talking about Cocaine or Heroin here.. :no:

roxie911
12-21-2009, 08:34 PM

Neither do I, but I worked at a medicinal marijuana shop in california and it's a lot more than people think.

Yes, some people that came in were pot heads, but you really do get legit patients that actually have illnesses. We had several cancer patients, people who had open-heart surgery, people with severe back pain, people who could hardly walk from the surgery on their knees, and a whole bunch of other cases. Believe it or not, but marijuana actually does have it's medicinal benefits.

To me, whether you're against marijuana or for it, it's worth it if you can help out the people who really need it.

And FYI...marijuana can't kill you. There's never been a recorded death from JUST marijuana.

roxie911
12-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Whether does or doesn't smoke it has very little to do with this thread, its not likely he was informing the medical users of the site.

Roxie, you don't sound like you know what you're talking about so I'd clarify if I were you.

98tegBroad: Educate yourself, PLEASE.

Just did :goodjob:

Ziptied
12-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Well you don't die from weed.. No offense but even if you don't know anything about it, you'd have to be stupid not to know you don't die from smoking it.. we're not talking about Cocaine or Heroin here.. :no:

Marijuana can kill just the same as Cocaine.

98tegCHICK
12-21-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm not against it at all. I think they just need to legalize the whole lot of it. I've NEVER heard of anyone dyin from smokin weed. They need to just cut the crap and make it legal. They're not gonna win that battle.

My outburst was just about the whole general aspect of drugs as a whole. They should just make it ALL legal, and the dumb asses that wanna do the hard shit that DOES kill, can off themselves and rid the world of themselves and do us all a favor. I'm tired of my tax money goin in part to those dumb fucks and tryin to "rehabilitate" them, just for them to get out and go do it again. I'm tired of my tax dollars payin for the fuckin drug war that's a losing battle to begin with.

Jus sayin. Wasn't tryin to sound like a bitch. I'm jus tired of all of it.

*kisses* :p

Ziptied
12-21-2009, 08:51 PM
I say legalize it and tax the pure T shit out of it.

punkr6
12-21-2009, 08:52 PM
I say legalize it and tax the pure T shit out of it.

hell yea, that would pay for health care by itself....

Ziptied
12-21-2009, 08:57 PM
hell yea, that would pay for health care by itself....

absolutely.

98tegCHICK
12-21-2009, 09:05 PM
no shit

thecrazyone
12-21-2009, 09:28 PM
then you all should be thanking us "pot heads" considering pot was California's biggest cash crop for the past 4 years, 12 billion dollars a year made from potheads? sounds good eh, so why not sell it like tobacco???

mmmmpsi
12-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Marijuana can kill just the same as Cocaine.

That is 100000% untrue.. Name one reason why Marijuana can kill you?? It doesn't affect any part of your body functions for survival....

You can't say "Drugs are Drugs" because that's BS.. You have more of a chance in dying from taking too many over the counter drugs than most illegal drugs..

This is not a bill to legalize Cocaine.. Period.

Tobacco & Alcohol kill more people in the U.S. than any other drug on the planet.. but I bet everyone in this thread that doesn't think they should legalize it drinks alcohol just because it's been made socially acceptable by the Government.

thornberry
12-21-2009, 09:42 PM
so why not sell it like tobacco???
Well right now nobody can because the companys would have to set up a stable crop and that will take a good bit of time. Also, it's not as easy to grow good quality majiuana like tobacco, so on top of the taxes (if there as high as people on here want them to be) and production costs, nobody would buy it, they would just get it from the person they were getting it form before it was legalized. That point being made there would be no companys wanting to invest in the trade due to the fears of it being re-illegalized (idk if thats even a word, but ill use it lol).
Now think about it and make me sound like an idiot :D

Njobe
12-21-2009, 09:43 PM
you can't die from over-dosing on tylenol.

Jiggity96
12-21-2009, 09:47 PM

aceteminophen has devastating long terms affect on your liver

thornberry
12-21-2009, 09:48 PM
hahahahahah wanna make a bet
take 20 tylenol
you live you get $100
you lose, i get to bury you
sound like a deal?

nreggie454
12-21-2009, 11:22 PM

Wrong. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) overdose is one of the leading causes of liver failure in the US.

Total_Blender
12-21-2009, 11:34 PM
And FYI...marijuana can't kill you. There's never been a recorded death from JUST marijuana.

There was a cop who stole some weed from an evidence room and his wife made brownies with it and used way too much. They had never been high before and without anyone there to calm them down they started freaking out. They actually thought they were OD'ing and called 911, and its all on tape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfL3qSjJriU

:lmfao:

youngpre
12-22-2009, 01:56 AM
^I remember that from a while back. Absolutely epic

GTScoob
12-22-2009, 02:36 AM
Hooray for sneaky politicians! Ive known many cancer survivors, some alive, others passed that would have loved to smoke some weed to get an appetite to eat as well as keep food down, and thats not even including the pain relief aspect of it.

tony
12-22-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm not against it at all. I think they just need to legalize the whole lot of it. I've NEVER heard of anyone dyin from smokin weed. They need to just cut the crap and make it legal. They're not gonna win that battle.

My outburst was just about the whole general aspect of drugs as a whole. They should just make it ALL legal, and the dumb asses that wanna do the hard shit that DOES kill, can off themselves and rid the world of themselves and do us all a favor. I'm tired of my tax money goin in part to those dumb fucks and tryin to "rehabilitate" them, just for them to get out and go do it again. I'm tired of my tax dollars payin for the fuckin drug war that's a losing battle to begin with.

Someone listens to Boortz.. or not too far removed. I find it interesting that you know little about the affects of drugs but manage to have an opinion as to whether they should be legal or not, by your rationale why even have the Food and Drug Administration? Hell just legalize all drugs regardless of how they adversely effect the population and save the cost in regulation.

tony
12-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Not legalizing Marijuana is no different than Blue Laws which are based on morales and nothing more. Georgia doesn't allow the sale of alcohol on sundays but the state is in a budget crunch, a cut the nose to spite the face type action. Medical Marijuana has many benefits for those in need and those locked up for related charges take a toll on the judicial system.

preferredduck
12-22-2009, 04:52 PM

weed is actually a good thing medically, esp with a vaporizor so there is no smoke. i don't know a single person who has died from weed, or even wrecked their car while high. now meth, coke, crank, heroin, now that shit will kill ya.

preferredduck
12-22-2009, 04:57 PM

your tax dollars are paying for people on welfare who abuse the system, rehab usually isnt free. the 50 billion they spend on useless anti drug crap can be used in many other ways. all of the countries who legalized pot had the $$ and resources to catch the people selling the harder drugs that can kill you.

BanginJimmy
12-22-2009, 06:04 PM
My outburst was just about the whole general aspect of drugs as a whole. They should just make it ALL legal, and the dumb asses that wanna do the hard shit that DOES kill, can off themselves and rid the world of themselves and do us all a favor.

Damn are you really this dumb, or do you work at it? You are going to simply ignore the thousands of crimes committed yearly, ranging from burglary to robbery, to murder, by people trying to get money to buy more of those hard drugs?

98tegCHICK
12-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Crimes are committed all the damn time for a various number of reasons. Drugs just happens to be one of them. Not like keepin it illegal is gonna reduce the crime rate any.

BanginJimmy
12-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Crimes are committed all the damn time for a various number of reasons. Drugs just happens to be one of them. Not like keepin it illegal is gonna reduce the crime rate any.

Since that is that is the case, why do we both locking up criminals at all? By your reasoning, since a crime would be committed anyways, why lock up anyone, for anything?