PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Work At A Bike Shop?

Brett
10-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Okay, its finally time, I am looking for a new '05 or '06 bike within the next 2 weeks, and want to know if any of you work at a shop who can give me some prices if I pay cash full out for the bike. PM me if you do. I am looking at a 600 either Kawasaki ZZR600 or a bike similar to that any brand. Thanks

Cliff
10-23-2005, 07:37 PM
you can always call 770 761 4800 and talk to matt baum....tell him you know me and i told you to call and he will give you the best deal he can

Cliff
10-23-2005, 07:37 PM
http://www.mountainadventuresga.com/

Brett
10-24-2005, 08:10 AM
you can always call 770 761 4800 and talk to matt baum....tell him you know me and i told you to call and he will give you the best deal he can

Thanks Cliff, I totally forgot about your guy, I will give him a call this week then for sure, Thanks man

Cliff
10-24-2005, 03:56 PM
no problem...i think i'm gonna buy an enduro next year when i get my license back...i work less than 6 miles from home and it's all 2 lane road and we have 8 cars for days that it is raining....plus insurance won't be nearly as bad for a 20 year old male with license suspended 2 times...lol

Brett
10-24-2005, 05:26 PM
True that!! LOL

AznTraitor
10-24-2005, 08:57 PM
hey brett...places dont really care if you pay for all of it up front...they get more money if you finance it.....so usually, there's never a discount :(

Brett
10-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Even this time of year they have no discounts?

Cliff
10-24-2005, 09:37 PM
mtn adv will just because of the # of bikes they sell a year they can afford to shave a little off at certain times...

AznTraitor
10-25-2005, 07:18 AM
mtn adv will just because of the # of bikes they sell a year they can afford to shave a little off at certain times...

yeah....cliff is right...the bigger the shop. the bigger the inventory and the more they can shave a little bit....but let's say the Yamaha/Honda dealer on Alpharetta hwy , I think their name is Motions....but they are smaller and hold tight on pricing.....and in most cases if you are looking for that discount, goto a private seller...because in most cases, they are selling for finicials reasons and need to dump it quick....

right now, there's a guy who just sold his 05 600rr for $6400, and it only had 1000miles....just broken in. I know there's a 05 GSXR 600 with about 1400 for about $7....let me know...the bike is basically brand new, without the brand new price tag.

chuck
10-25-2005, 08:57 AM
770-822-0089 is honda-yamaha...ask for CR, tell him Chuck sent you, he'll do the best he can...
i got your suzuki hook up too

Brett
10-25-2005, 10:39 AM

For 2 days in a row now i have sent a online request for a price quote. why is it NO shop returns emails or phone calls when you want price info? I have this issue with any shop I have tried to get info from. Do shops just not care enough to return calls or emails in general? For a month now I have called other shops or emailed and they dont reply either, is this how shops just work in general?

ScreaminZetec
10-25-2005, 11:07 AM
For 2 days in a row now i have sent a online request for a price quote. why is it NO shop returns emails or phone calls when you want price info? I have this issue with any shop I have tried to get info from. Do shops just not care enough to return calls or emails in general? For a month now I have called other shops or emailed and they dont reply either, is this how shops just work in general?

Thats one thing i have noticed about alot of the shops around atlanta, they wont give you the time of day, and my advice would be stay away from the Honda/Yamaha dealer in Alpheretta they will stick you with set up fees and other bullshit like that. Your biggest savings is buying used but I know you said you wanted new, so your just gonna have to shop around and find a dealer that will deal and wont stick ya with fees on the backside of the deal. Good luck man, and keep me updated! I wanna see the bike once you get one.

Brett
10-25-2005, 11:23 AM
Thats one thing i have noticed about alot of the shops around atlanta, they wont give you the time of day, and my advice would be stay away from the Honda/Yamaha dealer in Alpheretta they will stick you with set up fees and other bullshit like that. Your biggest savings is buying used but I know you said you wanted new, so your just gonna have to shop around and find a dealer that will deal and wont stick ya with fees on the backside of the deal. Good luck man, and keep me updated! I wanna see the bike once you get one.

Yeah the one in Alpharetta I have left several VM for, and they have yet to call me back in a month.

Brett
10-25-2005, 02:35 PM

They wont have any of the bike till the end of November.... WTF? lol. Isnt it a bike shop? why not carry a bike in stock? Oh well....lol. Guess I will look at some other shops, Im not waiting till the end of November :(

Cliff
10-25-2005, 05:05 PM
any of what bike?

Cliff
10-25-2005, 05:06 PM
oh and did they tell you they wouldn't or did you read that off the site? cause they can do dealer transfers all day long for a serious buyer but it's just like a job interview...if you're just sitting at a computer shooting them emails how are they to know you aren't some punk kid screwin around....i know it's a long drive but they aren't gonna go outta their way to get a bike there for someone they have never seen or have no proof you will actually walk outta there with the bike they just got for you

Brett
10-25-2005, 06:40 PM
I called them up and when one of the guys answered I told him within the next 2 weeks I am looking to buy a ZZR600, he said "We dont have any" and I said "When do you think you will get some more in?" and he then said "End Of November" so they didnt seem to interested in me wanting to buy a bike within 2 weeks, they didnt even ask about other bikes I may want to look at that are similar.

And Cliff Im not bashing the shop trust me, I was just telling ya how they didnt have any, and how shops in general seem to be towards customers, Not so much the one you suggested, But what I posted above is what they said to me today...LOL

Cliff
10-26-2005, 10:16 AM
who did you talk to brett?

Cliff
10-26-2005, 10:19 AM
well crap somthin happened and matt isn't there anymore...i will talk to waylon and see what he can tell me cause that's gay that they won't help you...

Brett
10-26-2005, 11:20 AM
who did you talk to brett?

Hey man, Im not sure, But I do appreciate you checking for me.

Cliff
10-26-2005, 09:31 PM
well i am gonna call and yell at waylon tomorrow and find out why they are sucking at service...or i could just calla nd talk to ryan the owner lol...be like wtf did ya'll lay me off for cause ya'll suck at the service now!!!!

Brett
10-27-2005, 07:11 AM
A guy did call me yesterday afternoon finally actually. He explained that the ZZR600 is one of the most popular sport bikes out there and they only get a few in at a time. He said he doesnt know when a new one will come in, but he did say he woul dcall me when a new one came and and If I am still looking for one by then we can go from there. I hope by then Im not still looking for one, But no shop I have called has any now so I may still be waiting...LOL

Cliff
10-27-2005, 10:47 AM
alright then that's why they didn't offer to dealer transfer cause no one has one...do you recall who it was that called you back?

Brett
10-27-2005, 12:05 PM
I think it was Sean, But cant swear by it, I deleted my message after I called him

Cliff
10-27-2005, 12:10 PM
hmmmmm shawn.....that may be the big fat guy from motosports...oh well....

EP3sAreFun
11-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Someone correct me if i'm wrong... but dont most of the bike shops start having sales events in the spring?

i wanna try to snag a new gsxr when suzuki has their spring/summer sales events :)

civic95
11-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Someone correct me if i'm wrong... but dont most of the bike shops start having sales events in the spring?

i wanna try to snag a new gsxr when suzuki has their spring/summer sales events :)

From what I've seen they are usually this time of year. Riding season is over, and hunting season is here. They will try to dump watercraft, and motorcycles so they can stock more 4 wheelers.

EP3sAreFun
11-16-2005, 06:45 PM
From what I've seen they are usually this time of year. Riding season is over, and hunting season is here. They will try to dump watercraft, and motorcycles so they can stock more 4 wheelers.
good point, but i think they also start summer sales events in Spring

bumpsteer
11-17-2005, 06:25 PM
i saw a silver zzr at north georgia motorsports today
85N exit 129 go right itll be on your left

Kathryn
12-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Okay, its finally time, I am looking for a new '05 or '06 bike within the next 2 weeks, and want to know if any of you work at a shop who can give me some prices if I pay cash full out for the bike. PM me if you do. I am looking at a 600 either Kawasaki ZZR600 or a bike similar to that any brand. Thanks

I am slowly converting people from 4 wheels to 2...one IA member at a time.

Post up pics when you get it!

AznTraitor
12-14-2005, 07:29 PM
I am slowly converting people from 4 wheels to 2...one IA member at a time.

Post up pics when you get it!

actually, I think it was me and erin.

Kathryn
12-14-2005, 07:38 PM
actually, I think it was me and erin.

Wait who are you again?... jk

How are you guys nowadays?

AznTraitor
12-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Wait who are you again?... jk

How are you guys nowadays?

ehhh....we're good I guess....I dont ever see Brooks, Ed, or Erin anymore.

I talk to Erin every now and then, and Ed has fallen of the face of the earth and Brooks is brooks...chasing the women.

Kathryn
12-15-2005, 10:59 AM
and Brooks is brooks...chasing the women.

Haha...So true

HiPSI
12-15-2005, 01:30 PM
what the hell did ever happen to Ed?

AznTraitor
12-15-2005, 03:28 PM
what the hell did ever happen to Ed?

long story short.....met a girl....girl took over, girl got expensive, Ed had to sell bike to keep girl happy....havent heard from him since.

Kathryn
12-19-2005, 06:06 PM
I thought the bike is always the girlfriend? Atleast mine is my boyfriend.

AznTraitor
12-19-2005, 06:09 PM
I thought the bike is always the girlfriend? Atleast mine is my boyfriend.

I thought so too....but I think he needed to settle down....he really didnt date anyone seriously, so I guess it's better off this way.