PDA

View Full Version : I'm so tired of...

ATLTSX
12-20-2009, 08:03 PM
This fucking economy. I'm in construction and every day i go into the office I see the market getting worse and worse. Just when you think that it's at the low you're always wrong. It is so hard to be motivated to go into work to sit there all day thinking that something is going to change and it doesn't. I swear I can't sleep at night cause I just sit there thinking about what is going on in our world. It doesn't help with a newborn either.

Anyone else feeling the stress? :(

MachNU
12-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Shit your telling me. My business is a luxury, and right now alot of people cant afford that extra luxury. then to top it off, its incredibly hard to find another job! granted I dont have a newborn to worry about, but I feel ya on the other parts!

ATLTSX
12-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Shit your telling me. My business is a luxury, and right now alot of people cant afford that extra luxury. then to top it off, its incredibly hard to find another job! granted I dont have a newborn to worry about, but I feel ya on the other parts!

I hear ya. My baby is 8 weeks. My wife will return to her job(she's a nurse) sooner than later but i wish I could get it off my mind. The only plus to my job is that it is a family company so it isn't like they will fire me but i'm in sales/marketing and sales are what I get paid off of :gay:

amandDA
12-20-2009, 08:45 PM
i hope shit picks up soon. and g/l to u and ur family

Formally...
12-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Ben just come by the shop next week and I will give you a hug.

ATL_EG
12-20-2009, 08:50 PM
i feel ya man, when it rains it fuckin pours

ATLTSX
12-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Ben just come by the shop next week and I will give you a hug.

Don't worry I will. I miss my car. That maybe the start to my sadness. haha.

Things will workout i'm not worried about it just stressed the fuck out lol. At least I got a job to go to everyday.

Evil Goat
12-20-2009, 09:15 PM
unfortunately the good thing about the business i'm in (at my regular job) is something people can't seem to live without, regardless of their situation....we had a net gain of 241,000 customers last quarter, and posted $81 million in profits....as of Dec 10th we hit 14million active customers and the prediction to hit 15 million is in February 2011

ATLTSX
12-20-2009, 09:22 PM
unfortunately the good thing about the business i'm in (at my regular job) is something people can't seem to live without, regardless of their situation....we had a net gain of 241,000 customers last quarter, and posted $81 million in profits....as of Dec 10th we hit 14million active customers and the prediction to hit 15 million is in February 2011

That is awesome. Same as my wife. There will never be a cut with nurses. Maybe I should be a male nurse?

Nah I'm good.

NAMNORI
12-20-2009, 10:50 PM
I work two jobs and still can't keep up with the bills. Thank god the cars are paid off!!! I feel you on the kid thing I have two myself and they are expensive, unfortunately we had them when things were going good and now with the bad economy its getting harder and harder to give them everything they need to succeed. Job number three may be on the horizon!!!!!!!!! Oh well you do what you have to for your family. My kids are my life I wouldn't be half the man I am without man. I will do whatever it takes to provide for them!!!

EL42
12-20-2009, 11:00 PM
i feel you tats ain't a necessity,and my other job is a bitch( i don't even wanna talk about that)

jR1_kS14
12-20-2009, 11:05 PM
too many unemployed.

not enough employers.

now's the time to dust off that old idea you had.

Vteckidd
12-20-2009, 11:08 PM
I can't complain I did more business this year than last but I can't help but wonder what is on the horizon.

I've been entertaining an IT job up in DC for general dynamics . The good thing about my business is it's all online so I can keep it and work a regular job.

It'll get better man noes the time to streamline and get more efficient. Keep overhead low etc

MINI
12-20-2009, 11:10 PM
All of you are in my thoughts during this hard time for everyone.

DVSRX-7
12-20-2009, 11:22 PM
This fucking economy. I'm in construction and every day i go into the office I see the market getting worse and worse. Just when you think that it's at the low you're always wrong. It is so hard to be motivated to go into work to sit there all day thinking that something is going to change and it doesn't. I swear I can't sleep at night cause I just sit there thinking about what is going on in our world. It doesn't help with a newborn either.

Anyone else feeling the stress? :(

Bro, i feel on this, i was workin construction myself but lost my job due to no work, & to top off the stress, i have a 8month old daughter, & it sucks not being able to buy your daughter her first christmas present, i feel like im fallin as a father already :cry:, but i pray alot, so i hope god helps me out & can see what im doing for my daughter. lets just keep our heads up for our families bro!

smoknlegend
12-21-2009, 05:38 AM
I love how they say the economy is getting better but yet everywhere I look it still shows signs of decline. My mom is losing her job at the end of January because the place she works at had their credit line cut, so they are closing all the stores they owned. On top of that, i see several businesses with signs saying total liquidation after being open for 5+ years. If the economy was truly getting better I would think these businesses would still be staying open.

Also how can the economy be good with 15+% real unemployment (this 10% crap is the low end the govt puts out to make everyone not feel as bad.)

To everyone in a bad situation I wish you luck, because we all are going to need it soon.

Kasper
12-21-2009, 07:20 AM
I definitly know what you mean... Govt doesnt help us with shit, except take more of our money. my fathers been laid off since jan. and cant find work. im working 2 jobs and im not able to cover my bills totally. i just sold my truck so that will help out alot. but i know that if it wasnt for my grandfather this month id be homeless by now. Its just really supriseing that i see so many things saying that the economy is turning around for the better but the unemployeement lines are still miles long. It just really makes me wonder on whos getting these jobs and all this money if there handing out govt assistance and employeing new people. I wish everyone the best of luck and i truly hope that everyone pulls threw..

Njobe
12-21-2009, 07:23 AM
i'm with this dude, sorry.