PDA

View Full Version : problem with aftermarket headers

SpeedDeMoN
12-20-2009, 01:39 PM
i have an ebay ordered header for my 93 DA, they are for the 93. they fit on the exhaust manifold perfect and everything THE ONLY PROBLEM! is it will not connect to my cat.:no: its about 5-6 inches off and when compared to my stock headers they are shorter than my stock ones WHAT DO I DO?? im wondering if i should return them OR has anyone had this problem before and know of any little modifying that needs to be done for them to fit..maybe move something around or something...any info would help thanks i.a

Barefoot
12-20-2009, 02:30 PM
welcome to buying cheap ebay parts. take the car to an exhaust shop and let them do what they do.

*EFilliated*
12-20-2009, 06:58 PM
x2. just get the rest welded

welcome to buying cheap ebay parts. take the car to an exhaust shop and let them do what they do.

Slomaro Z28
12-20-2009, 07:10 PM

x2 Got a set for a 2g eclipse and they touched the fan shrouds when installed, ended up trimming the shrouds. I won't buy anything else off there.

Romeo
12-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Is your exhaust aftermarket also?

marcos713
12-21-2009, 12:41 AM
what kind of headers did you get tho? because i ordered my 4-1 header off ebay and they didnt fit either, but then i checked the add again and i saw they were JDM spec and needed a 2.5in cat. alot of ebay headers dont fit stock exhaust.

Barefoot
12-21-2009, 12:57 AM
is it will not connect to my cat.:no: its about 5-6 inches off and when compared to my stock headers they are shorter than my stock ones

what kind of headers did you get tho? because i ordered my 4-1 header off ebay and they didnt fit either, but then i checked the add again and i saw they were JDM spec and needed a 2.5in cat. alot of ebay headers dont fit stock exhaust.so not it. he needs a flex pipe fitted for gap from the header to the cat.

SpeedDeMoN
12-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Is your exhaust aftermarket also?
my exhaust is also after market its is obx as well as the cat. the headers were the cheap speeddaddy brand i thought they looked pretty good for the price so i got them

SpeedDeMoN
12-21-2009, 12:32 PM
what kind of headers did you get tho? because i ordered my 4-1 header off ebay and they didnt fit either, but then i checked the add again and i saw they were JDM spec and needed a 2.5in cat. alot of ebay headers dont fit stock exhaust.
yeah my cat is high flow with the 2.5 inlet and outlet if my headers reached everything would fit perfect..but i think im going to go with the welding idea hopefully that should work

bigdare23
12-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Just go to an exhaust shop and have them add an extension piece to your header. Problem solved.

SpeedDeMoN
12-21-2009, 12:40 PM
heres the link of a picture of what kind of headers they are.
http://www.dnamotoring.com/speeddaddyimage/HEADER/HDS/HDS-AI92RS.jpg

SpeedDeMoN
12-21-2009, 01:03 PM
here are some 90-91 ceramic black headers i also ordered these thinking that 90-93 headers were all the same but there not:thinking:..93 has the sensor on the begging of the header before the cat 90-91 doesnt:screwy:..but if anyone here has a 92-93 STOCK header WITH STOCK CAT. connected i will do even trade. i just need to connect the stock ones to drive it to a muffler shop for now and get it running..let me know thanx i.a;)

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=212201&stc=1&d=1261421710