PDA

View Full Version : offset for 240sx

wantboost
10-23-2005, 04:52 PM
My question is, would an offset of 25 be to much for my s13?? Just wanted to make sure before i order these wheels.

DLSracing
10-23-2005, 05:05 PM
No depending on what size you are getting. If you are going with less than 9" up front then you can go with anything from 5-30... The reason I didn't include the rear is it really isn't a factor and you can go about as high and wide as you want...

wantboost
10-23-2005, 05:45 PM
thx

EmotorsportsE
10-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Stubz, cars looking nice, hit me up.

E

sebastianHoff
10-23-2005, 09:41 PM
most straight forward wheel answer ever.

DLSracing
10-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Stubz, cars looking nice, hit me up.

E

Thanks man I think I still got your # I will hit you up this weekend...

HiPSI
10-23-2005, 10:59 PM
My question is, would an offset of 25 be to much for my s13?? Just wanted to make sure before i order these wheels.

depends on width mostly, but things like coilover clearance can also have an effect on the offset you need to run.

for example, i have a 17x8.5 wheel on the front with a +25 offset, but they just barely hit my coilovers, so i run a 1/4" spacer for clearance which makes the offset ~+18 instead and everything clears fine.

wantboost
10-24-2005, 08:18 PM
most straight forward wheel answer ever.
thats kind of what i was thinking. but i would hate to order wheels only to have them rub on something. btw thanks HipSi

PSINXS
10-24-2005, 08:19 PM
No depending on what size you are getting. If you are going with less than 9" up front then you can go with anything from 5-30... The reason I didn't include the rear is it really isn't a factor and you can go about as high and wide as you want...
NIce car. funny sig too lol

HalfBaked
10-25-2005, 12:28 AM
NIce car. funny sig too lol

MMM race bread. That sounds like something I'd eat for lunch...

Now if it was race bred that'd be a different story.

HalfBaked
10-25-2005, 12:34 AM
Sorry, I'm still giggling about race bread...

I mean I may not be able to handle it if its fresh out of the oven...

So since its an RB20 I'm assuming you are speaking of, I'll assume I can find race bread next to the iron kids bread in your local bakery...(ya know because they are both full of iron.)

Dragonfly5338
10-25-2005, 12:35 AM
I like race bread toasted with a little jam. Mm-mm.

BTLFED
10-25-2005, 10:21 PM
I wonder if grilled cheese would go well on a race bread sandwitch? :confused:

DLSracing
10-26-2005, 08:27 AM
It's an inside thing. Since RB's aren't supposed to be reffered to as Race Bred that is not what the RB stands for. 99% of the people out there are stupid when it comes to RB's. That is why some of us use "race bread"... Hell I think right now I have the oldest RB setup in that state since I've had mine for 6 years now. It is a great motor, but some people don't understand engine fundamentals...

BTLFED
10-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Good catch! Wanna cookie?

I'm leaving to go put a boat anchor under the hood of my vehicle.

DLSracing
10-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Were to do people come off that the RB is this heavy ass beast. It really isn't that heavy compared to the KA and I have run plenty or SR guys in the mountains and have had no problems keeping up with them. I guess ignorance is bliss...

BTLFED
10-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Ignorance is bliss, eh? In your case it obviously is.

And where did a KA come into this discussion? 2litre turbo engines......and an N/A 2.4litre truck engine. That is a fabulous comparison.

DLSracing
10-27-2005, 09:31 AM
The reason I mention the KA is b/c of the weight with a factory KA.Yet you can't seem comprehend a comparison. The reason I don't like SR's is most of them are crap. Most of the higher HP ones have blown their engines mutiple times. Hell there are 6 240s_over_atlanta guys having to rebuild their SR's right now due to poor design. The RB is a more reliable platform. Plus with a Oversquare setup can rev higher than a SR can. This is why I don't really like the Nissan section in IA. Most of the guys on here are simple minded and can't seem to figure out why one person would want something other than what they have. See most of you have only recenlty joined the "SR" club, and with only minimal knowledge think you know everything about SR's and RB's. I was working on SR powered 240s back in 98. Now take yourself for instance I am sure you have only been working on Nissans for what 3-4 years maybe? Yet you seem to know all when it comes to a 240sx and what is/isn't best for a setup. Well you don't and you need to become a little more informed before you post b/c when you do you sound ignorant. Take for instance the referance to the KA as a "truck motor". Funny isn't it that the KA came in more cars than trucks. The KA is a good motor with a lot of potential yet most of you throw it out as being non "JDM tyte yo". This is why I don't post on IA as most of the people on here are wannabe thugs and impotent minded morons...

BTLFED
10-27-2005, 11:19 AM
The reason I mention the KA is b/c of the weight with a factory KA.Yet you can't seem comprehend a comparison. The reason I don't like SR's is most of them are crap. Most of the higher HP ones have blown their engines mutiple times. Hell there are 6 240s_over_atlanta guys having to rebuild their SR's right now due to poor design. The RB is a more reliable platform. Plus with a Oversquare setup can rev higher than a SR can. This is why I don't really like the Nissan section in IA. Most of the guys on here are simple minded and can't seem to figure out why one person would want something other than what they have. See most of you have only recenlty joined the "SR" club, and with only minimal knowledge think you know everything about SR's and RB's. I was working on SR powered 240s back in 98. Now take yourself for instance I am sure you have only been working on Nissans for what 3-4 years maybe? Yet you seem to know all when it comes to a 240sx and what is/isn't best for a setup. Well you don't and you need to become a little more informed before you post b/c when you do you sound ignorant. Take for instance the referance to the KA as a "truck motor". Funny isn't it that the KA came in more cars than trucks. The KA is a good motor with a lot of potential yet most of you throw it out as being non "JDM tyte yo". This is why I don't post on IA as most of the people on here are wannabe thugs and impotent minded morons...

Actually, shithead, I have been doing this for almost a decade, and I don't even own a bandwagon dorifto 240 like yourself. I have a CRX and a 1973 Datsun 510. How much do you know about one of those? Chances are I have forgotten more knowledge about 510s than you know.

I could also get into suspension geometry and weight distribution of the 240 (which is why I like the SR better, not the mindless drivel you posted), and how the KA was developed and why, but I don't want to hurt your brain.

BTW, I never said the KA was a bad engine, but it was originally developed for their truck, which is why I call it a truck engine. Comparing an N/A engine to a turbo one is retarded.

DLSracing
10-27-2005, 03:01 PM
I have had my 240 since 1991 when it was new, and I don't drift. Secondly I know plenty about 510's and Z's. I also own two CRX's, so I don't think I am on the bandwagon. Suspension geometry is a relevent term and if you could be more precise on what you know exaclty I would be able to tell what you supposedly "know". Also The KA wasn't orginally developed for a truck if you knew that you wouldn't be spewing out nonsense like you are now. The only reason I compared the RB to the KA was for weight. So what in the hell difference does it make that it is turbo or not? I am sorry you are getting all worked up over this, but the truth hurts doesn't it?

BTLFED
10-27-2005, 06:50 PM
I have had my 240 since 1991 when it was new, and I don't drift. Secondly I know plenty about 510's and Z's. I also own two CRX's, so I don't think I am on the bandwagon. Suspension geometry is a relevent term and if you could be more precise on what you know exaclty I would be able to tell what you supposedly "know". Also The KA wasn't orginally developed for a truck if you knew that you wouldn't be spewing out nonsense like you are now. The only reason I compared the RB to the KA was for weight. So what in the hell difference does it make that it is turbo or not? I am sorry you are getting all worked up over this, but the truth hurts doesn't it?

You think I am getting worked up? :lmfao:

It doesn't matter what I say because if it is different from what you believe you will google the internet until you find some lame ass site to support whatever you believe. Half this site knows me and how long I have been doing this. Punching away at a keyboard proves nothing.

If you have really owned your car for that long, then I retract the bandwagon statement. At least you are not one of "them."

Oh, and I'm sorry, but IMO an engine with more torque than horsepower, thin cylinder walls and a long rod stroke so it's not as safe to rev high is a truck engine that is built for hauling stuff, not hauling ass. Again, never once did I say it was a bad engine. I guess it's the Honda owner coming out in me.