PDA

View Full Version : DMG takes another blow. Kawasaki quits AMA/DMG racing

EJ25RUN
12-20-2009, 12:11 AM
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/assets_c/2009/12/Eddie_Lawson_Kawasaki-thumb-415x296-7420.jpg

Hellforleathermagazine.com

Kawasaki is quitting AMA/DMG Pro Racing citing the economy. Where does this leave DMG? Without Buell, without Kawasaki, without Honda, without Mat Mladin, without prize money; basically without a point. Much less damning press release below.

KAWASAKI MOTORS CORP., U.S.A. SUSPENDS ROAD RACING FOR 2010 SEASON

IRVINE, Calif. (Dec. 18, 2009) ? Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. announced the company will not participate in the AMA Pro Racing road racing series in 2010.

"While we've always considered road racing an integral part of our sportbike development process, the realities of the current economic situation dictate the temporary suspension of our U.S. road racing activities," said Bruce Stjernstrom, marketing director.

Kawasaki's long history of successful road racing includes 20 AMA series championships. Among the many champions who have worn the Kawasaki lime green racing leathers are Reg Pridmore, Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey, Miguel Duhamel, Scott Russell, Doug Chandler, Eric Bostrom and more recently Tommy Hayden and Roger Hayden.

"We expect to see eventual improvements in the general economic condition and Kawasaki will reevaluate its road racing position as we monitor those issues," said Stjernstrom.

DMG. Fuck You. :2up:

Elbow
12-20-2009, 08:01 AM
Fail.

dazn
12-20-2009, 12:47 PM
lol damn.
I hope DMG realizes how much damage they have done to American motorcycle road racing. such a joke.

Elbow
12-20-2009, 12:52 PM
lol damn.
I hope DMG realizes how much damage they have done to American motorcycle road racing. such a joke.

They won't, they're blind.

David88vert
12-20-2009, 02:14 PM
The DMG will claim that if they make it more like NASCAR, all the sponsors and money will come roaring in. They are killing all that is good about the AMA, so the can make SPEED channel into NASCAR TV 24x7.....

EJ25RUN
12-20-2009, 05:24 PM
The DMG will claim that if they make it more like NASCAR, all the sponsors and money will come roaring in. They are killing all that is good about the AMA, so the can make SPEED channel into NASCAR TV 24x7.....

SPEED TV was supposed to be Nascar TV when the switch from Speedvision happened. A few people somehow managed for the full take over to fail but we lost the WRC and many other things from Nascar.

I really hope someone makes an antiSpeedtv network as soon as possible.

David88vert
12-20-2009, 10:05 PM
I know, hence the comment. Try #2 it seems.

dazn
12-20-2009, 10:27 PM
HDTheatre has WRC now and they show other racing occassionally. I really hope they pick up more.

Speed still shows BTCC, DTM and last year they showed V8 Supercars. Its just at 4 in the morning on a Wednesday.

David88vert
12-21-2009, 09:28 AM
I don't have HDTheatre, so I download them all from Eurosport.

5speed
12-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Ummm.AMA I know has stopped all the NASCAR bullshit. They saw the negative feedback and addressed it by the Big Kahuna at VIR. AMA has sucked for years anyways, sure a few great races here and there but overall just the Mladin and Spies show until he left, then finally some competition but nothing to keep people coming,

EJ25RUN
12-21-2009, 12:19 PM
I don't have HDTheatre, so I download them all from Eurosport.

X2

And Motorstv, BBC, and, ESPN (from Europe).