PDA

View Full Version : Full coverage or Liability?

SleeperWRX
12-19-2009, 12:22 PM
What do you have?

I have full coverage so if my civic gets stolen, I won't cry about it, nor tell people to look out for it, i'll just be waiting on my insurance check :D

Fuck, forgot how to put a poll..

punkr6
12-19-2009, 12:24 PM
LOL, will read this thread again....

Full Coverage FTW......

SleeperWRX
12-19-2009, 12:46 PM

Full Coverage FTW......

x2. Southside thinks otherwise, he doesn't care, since he stole it all.

§treet_§peed
12-19-2009, 12:50 PM
What year is your civic? Because you're not gonna get as much as you think you will.

Tech5
12-19-2009, 12:54 PM
FULL only I will NEVER have cheap insurance as everything I own is top notch stuff!!!!

silversol
12-19-2009, 12:57 PM
dealer insurance = $$$

uproot
12-19-2009, 12:59 PM
i had liability on my old hatch, it got stolen and i was SOL. now we have full coverage on our vehicles.

§treet_§peed
12-19-2009, 01:01 PM
You get what the insurance company thinks your car/truck/bike is worth. I've seen people get 1k less with liability on the same car as someone with full coverage.

uproot
12-19-2009, 01:02 PM
If you only have the minimum liability coverage to be legal, it won't cover your car being stolen.

§treet_§peed
12-19-2009, 01:04 PM
If you only have the minimum liability coverage to be legal, it won't cover your car being stolen.
There's loopholes for everything. Also, you can have base liability and add little things that don't cost much extra to help in-case something happens.

bdydrpdmazda
12-19-2009, 01:06 PM

Full Coverage FTW......
:yes:

SleeperWRX
12-19-2009, 01:07 PM
My civic is a 92, it'll get more from insurance than I paid for it. I like having full coverage on EVERY vehicle in my driveway. Idc if its a $500 car, if it gets stolen, i'd like to get some of my money back. And not bust my ass looking for it, or tell people to look for it lol. I'll just wait for my insurance check.

And If you hit someone, or it's get stolen and you have liability, you're pretty much fucked.

§treet_§peed
12-19-2009, 01:09 PM
I can see where you're coming from. As far as the pos goes that I have now. I pray everyday that some body hits me really fucking hard. Totals the truck and almost kills me in it. I hate this fucking thing lol.

B18c1Turboed
12-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Make sure when you get full coverage you add on additional coverage. For motor swaps and stero and rims. Most people dont know that insurance is only too pay for a stock civic.
They see it like this, a 00 civic is only worth 5,000 for example. They are charging you too cover that 5k only, But if you ahve 15k worth of mods and expect them too pay you are crazy. You need to have enough coverage to cover the extra stuff.

When i drove my civic daily, i had it insured for 20K. I would pray someone stole it, but never happened.

uproot
12-19-2009, 01:10 PM
There's loopholes for everything. Also, you can have base liability and add little things that don't cost much extra to help in-case something happens.

well then it wouldnt just be liability any more. many people have the cheapest possible to cut costs and just to be legal. but when the time comes when they actually need more coverage they're screwed.

SleeperWRX
12-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Make sure when you get full coverage you add on additional coverage. For motor swaps and stero and rims. Most people dont know that insurance is only too pay for a stock civic.
They see it like this, a 00 civic is only worth 5,000 for example. They are charging you too cover that 5k only, But if you ahve 15k worth of mods and expect them too pay you are crazy. You need to have enough coverage to cover the extra stuff.

When i drove my civic daily, i had it insured for 20K. I would pray someone stole it, but never happened.

I have that, I have a small company insurance (Farmers), my rx7 had some ugly aftermarket wheels, they gave me like $500 for them HAHA. And my civic has a swap, expensive exhaust/suspension, etc. I got it for cheap, but I still wanna get something back if it gets stolen.

SleeperWRX
12-19-2009, 01:12 PM
I can see where you're coming from. As far as the pos goes that I have now. I pray everyday that some body hits me really fucking hard. Totals the truck and almost kills me in it. I hate this fucking thing lol.

Cut someone off lol. Insurance is my favorite car modification LOL.

quickdodgeŽ
12-19-2009, 01:15 PM

EXACTLY! Have receipts and everything for everything you do so you won't lose $5k in mods when time to collect. Later, QD.

SleeperWRX
12-19-2009, 01:16 PM
EXACTLY! Have receipts and everything for everything you do so you won't lose $5k in mods when time to collect. Later, QD.

:goodjob: But I don't have receipts for my parts, since I bought them with the car, but when I put insurance on the car, a insurance agent came by and wrote down all the modifications and came up with the values for all the parts.

SleeperWRX
12-19-2009, 01:17 PM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/wan/1517312463.html

:lmao:

§treet_§peed
12-19-2009, 01:18 PM
I do agree with B18 about the extra coverage for mods tho.

Njobe
12-19-2009, 02:36 PM

i was about to state the same thing. as for you wanting for someone to steal it, it never happens. however, if you were wishing for it not to get stolen, it probably would of. lolol

[3000gt20s]
12-19-2009, 02:52 PM
well when my accord got stole a had receipts for everything i did to that car, exhaust wheels paint engine mods.. they didnt giver me a full reinbursement but the paid me alittle extra.. and i only have a regular full coverage so it depends how you hustle...lol

B18c1Turboed
12-19-2009, 02:57 PM
;38629290']well when my accord got stole a had receipts for everything i did to that car, exhaust wheels paint engine mods.. they didnt giver me a full reinbursement but the paid me alittle extra.. and i only have a regular full coverage so it depends how you hustle...lol
Did you tell them you had all the extra stuff on the car? Probly not! What people dont understand, you are only paying for coverage for a stock car.

Insurance would loose their asses if everyone had 20K in a 2K car. Too them that makes no sense! As long as your car is insured for the increased value you would be fine. If not dont expect too get paid 20k for a 2K car.

Insurance is based on the value of your car. That in turns equals how much the 6 months for insurance cost. Why do you think a Ferrari or lambo is so high in insurance, becasue the actual value of the car alone, not any mods done.

Tech5
12-20-2009, 02:01 AM
You get what you paid for

the end!

DeeAOne
12-20-2009, 02:11 AM
liability on deck! i cant afford full coverage. an accident and 3 tickets killed my rates for only being 18. :no: