PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leakage!! Help!

98Teg_GSR
12-19-2009, 12:16 AM
New to IA so sorry if this has been answered before and yes i read all the sticky's. So here is the problem...... I have a 98 gsr (b18c1) that is burning oil crazy fast! i changed the oil about a 1000 miles/ month ago and the oil light came on. checked the oil of course it was low so i added oil. I had to add 3 quarts to get it right! No oil spots from underneath so i guess its spitting it out of the exhaust pipe and cant really tell if the exhaust is smoking because of the cold weather.Ive been trying to figure out whats wrong but only thing i can think of is the head gasket. any suggestions?

-thanks

punkr6
12-19-2009, 12:18 AM
New to IA so sorry if this has been answered before and yes i read all the sticky's. So here is the problem...... I have a 98 gsr (b18c1) that is burning oil crazy fast! i changed the oil about a 1000 miles/ month ago and the oil light came on. checked the oil of course it was low so i added oil. I had to add 3 quarts to get it right! No oil spots from underneath so i guess its spitting it out of the exhaust pipe and cant really tell if the exhaust is smoking because of the cold weather.Ive been trying to figure out whats wrong but only thing i can think of is the head gasket. any suggestions?

-thanks

THIS

Tech5
12-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Need a Overhaul on the engine, piston rings, and or valve seals

punkr6
12-19-2009, 12:25 AM

:goodjob:

THEONE
12-19-2009, 12:29 AM
THIS

lol correct!!

punkr6
12-19-2009, 12:31 AM
lol correct!!

the answer is almost always in the question, daniel son.....

Tech5
12-19-2009, 12:37 AM
When it comes to IA yes!

Barefoot
12-19-2009, 10:42 AM
THIS

yup

btw what brand of oil are u using.

Tech5
12-19-2009, 10:45 AM
yup

Magic oil Now you see me Now you don't:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

JDMGRNAV6
12-19-2009, 11:36 AM
lol

punkr6
12-19-2009, 11:36 AM

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Grimm Reeper
12-19-2009, 11:49 AM

:goodjob:

98Teg_GSR
12-19-2009, 12:15 PM
yup

Full synthetic mobile 1 5w-30

S.Brewer
12-20-2009, 09:03 PM
need to holla at some royal purple along with z max for a few treatments. U can feel the differentce. Its not just in my head. I understand there is no pour in mechanic, but it helped. It runs so smooth and burns little to no oil. I used to see the "honda Puff" every time i got on it, Now its all gone. Just sayin, i believe in Royal purple and Z Max.

But yes as stated above. Burning oil... If ur burning it, then it would be seeping through the valve seats or coming past the comp rings. Pull the head off, get a valve job, pull the pistone out, have the head shaved and block, if needed and hone the block real good and throw new correct size ans spec rings in it. then ur good to go. Depending on the mileage of engine, Just rebuile the entire thing... Trust me, ITS WORTH IT... I built mine and its an amazing fun little reliable engine

98Teg_GSR
12-21-2009, 08:31 AM
need to holla at some royal purple along with z max for a few treatments. U can feel the differentce. Its not just in my head. I understand there is no pour in mechanic, but it helped. It runs so smooth and burns little to no oil. I used to see the "honda Puff" every time i got on it, Now its all gone. Just sayin, i believe in Royal purple and Z Max.

But yes as stated above. Burning oil... If ur burning it, then it would be seeping through the valve seats or coming past the comp rings. Pull the head off, get a valve job, pull the pistone out, have the head shaved and block, if needed and hone the block real good and throw new correct size ans spec rings in it. then ur good to go. Depending on the mileage of engine, Just rebuile the entire thing... Trust me, ITS WORTH IT... I built mine and its an amazing fun little reliable engine

Will do! sounds like you know what your talking about so ill give it a shot. I only have 119xxx miles. Thanks for all the help!

98Teg_GSR
12-24-2009, 12:50 AM
ok... here is the update. its not burning the oil it is leaking from the exhaust. i had a buddy stand behind the car and i revved up and a ton of oil shot out. whats the cause? head gasket right?

imprtguy_94
12-24-2009, 12:57 AM

yup sounds like it, haha good time to replace some stock parts to

HatchHero
12-24-2009, 12:59 AM

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Theycall_Metue
12-24-2009, 01:48 AM
this is simple. FRIED OIL RING!
you down your car a lot?