PDA

View Full Version : DC2 vs. Carrera GT

speedminded
03-28-2005, 08:31 PM
I got my ass spanked and he's probably talking on the cell while clicking the accelerate button on the cruise control....

http://www.speedminded.com/images/roadatlanta/03-19-05/DSC05912_tn.jpg
2.87MB - Windows Media File (http://www.speedminded.com/videos/mov05907.mpg)

Got 3 or 4 more that i need to compress and combine with this one. It's kinda shakey because I didn't have the camera screwed on all the way and I wish I had time to switch it over to High Quality mode...for a $500k+ car it would be worth 10MB p/ 30 seconds and i could have always compressed it later.

KevinT707
03-28-2005, 11:19 PM
What is it that your driving. I apologize for my ignorance but I dont know what a DC2 is .. Type-R ?

thinkfast®
03-28-2005, 11:30 PM
damn you really did get your ass raped man! I thought you were kidding or something. wow just WOW

speedminded
03-28-2005, 11:37 PM
What is it that your driving. I apologize for my ignorance but I dont know what a DC2 is .. Type-R ?DC2 is the chassis code for the '94-01 Integra body...it does have an ITR engine though but still running the taller gs-r gears (with an OEM ITR LSD)

KevinT707
03-28-2005, 11:51 PM
yea Type-R's are quick & all but compared to cars like that, its just brushing dirt off the shoulders .. unless you have mad engine work

SLOWR/T
03-29-2005, 12:30 AM
what was you thinking????

man i saw one of those last year (oct) we were in my brother civic ex we didnt try to race we were just tring to keep up to look at it and i guess he didnt want us to.
just badass!!!!!!

99SI
03-29-2005, 11:16 AM
That was nice. I would have done the same thing if I were you, just to see how bad it was. He did walk off though. Nice video. You going to be ready to do that mountain run in a few weeks up at crow mountain? I took some good pics of every turn while I was up there, I'll probably email them to you so you can put them up in the thread for the hillclimb.

The Yousef
03-29-2005, 02:52 PM
valiant try my friend....car sounds orgasmic btw

KGsITR
04-25-2005, 09:59 PM
DC2 is the chassis code for the '94-01 Integra body...it does have an ITR engine though but still running the taller gs-r gears (with an OEM ITR LSD)

damn, those gsr gear ratios are alot taller. do a tranny swap or swap the final drive man!!!

SkrrEuroSportGLI
04-26-2005, 01:04 AM
Damn that is a great sounding car you have....And that is a great lookin car you raced...holla

mocha latte cupcake
04-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Great Googally Moogally! You got spanked like a kid who just broke a Big screen TV in walmart! Tre Hawt but good try man, remember N/a is best but Spool is cool.... and dude... you need spool!

chuck
04-26-2005, 01:58 PM
awesome video j, so was this a planned out thing or just spur of the moment....get a chance to talk to him at all??

B16a2 Civic
04-26-2005, 02:11 PM
oh and what mph did you reach? oh and hell yeah that b18c5 sounds so ill..sounds so much better then the b16a2 ;), even though you didn't win that's still a good showing compared to what you were against

IndianStig
04-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Good Job. Atleast he was in view. Is your check engine light on?
Did you have to pull the handbrake to stop? I saw a red light go off.

bigb996
04-26-2005, 10:09 PM
gotta love the supercar action....for a 450k dollar car that thing is amazing and i know its capable of some crazy numbers....does he live in chateau elan? if so my friend knows the guy. Good attempt to keep up though..

speedminded
04-27-2005, 02:26 AM
whoa, more replies than when it was originally posted, sorry if i don't make any sense, it's 3am and been hartying pard @ the star bar....

awesome video j, so was this a planned out thing or just spur of the moment....get a chance to talk to him at all??i didn't to chance a talk to him, the rest of my crew did though...i never really got to see it up close either...i was thinking about leaving then saw a car i wanted to check out then i saw he was leaving and i pursued for an a chase video or aas whooping or both.

oh and what mph did you reach? oh and hell yeah that b18c5 sounds so ill..sounds so much better then the b16a2 ;), even though you didn't win that's still a good showing compared to what you were againstnot sure how fast, i don't have sound on this computer,running winblows 2003 server edition, and the screen is kinda dark so may not be able to see speedo. but i can tell you straight up and down is 80 and 3rd gear is 90-92 at 8,650-8,700 rpms

Good Job. Atleast he was in view. Is your check engine light on?
Did you have to pull the handbrake to stop? I saw a red light go off.It's the ABS light that is yellopw on the right side....the e-brake thing is jsut a habit..i gently apply it using it to shift the weight...especially if there is any bit of understeer. It helps conserve the front brakes too, between down shifting and assisting with the rear brakes I have not changed the any brake pads since i bought the car....nearly 30k miles ago. thats autocrossing, a couple times on the track, and a billion mountain runs...i did change my clutch shortly after puttin the LSD in because i completley demolished the clutch master stage III.

gotta love the supercar action....for a 450k dollar car that thing is amazing and i know its capable of some crazy numbers....does he live in chateau elan? if so my friend knows the guy. Good attempt to keep up though..It had a florida tag, can't remember the county but i think i remember it being in the miami area.