PDA

View Full Version : It should be IA Mod policy....

Captain-Obvious™
12-18-2009, 02:42 PM
To be required to give explanations for thread deletions.

Just a suggestion.

xxbckiexx
12-18-2009, 02:43 PM
It should be IA policy.

For people to not be big whiney bitch ass bitches when their thread gets deleted.

Just a suggestion.

In case you didn't notice, there's a list of reasons why a thread can be deleted. Familiarize yourself with those, then next time it won't be a "surprise".

Tech5
12-18-2009, 02:44 PM
My understanding they post to PM you if they are being nice only!

Captain-Obvious™
12-18-2009, 02:44 PM
It should be IA policy.

For people to not be big whiney bitch ass bitches when their thread gets deleted.

Just a suggestion.

In case you didn't notice, there's a list of reasons why a thread can be deleted. Familiarize yourself with those, then next time it won't be a "surprise".

Wow, if you even knew the situation you wouldn't be saying this.

Captain-Obvious™
12-18-2009, 02:45 PM

Exactly. I think it should be policy. Not just a courtesy.

xxbckiexx
Wow, if you even knew the situation you wouldn't be saying this.

Wow, if you even had a pair of testicles you wouldn't be saying this.

xxbckiexx
Exactly. I think it should be policy. Not just a courtesy.

I think estrogen should be strictly feminine.

Captain-Obvious™
12-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Wow, if you even had a pair of testicles you wouldn't be saying this.

lulz

Ok, I see now. I'll leave the whoring to you.

xxbckiexx
12-18-2009, 02:47 PM
lulz

Ok, I see now. I'll leave the whoring to you.

And I'll leave being a huge bitch, to you.

and catnip.

Tech5
12-18-2009, 02:47 PM
lolololol........ I think it should be that you get some sort of a reason being ...But that is just me

just sayin

Me86Rob
12-18-2009, 02:48 PM
There is a section where the mods post up everything they do, from thread deletions to locking a thread :goodjob:

but only mods can see it

Tech5
12-18-2009, 02:52 PM
true story

punkr6
12-18-2009, 02:57 PM
To be required to give explanations for thread deletions.

Just a suggestion.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/punkr6/cry_baby.jpg

Tech5
12-18-2009, 02:59 PM
HURT FEELINGS?????

You might want to fill this out!

quickdodge®
12-18-2009, 03:06 PM

None of the mods are required to to explain anything. It is up to the "offender" to know the rules and if their thread gets deleted to be able to go to the rules and see what they missed. I, most of the time and if I know the person, always PM the person. Later, QD.

MachNU
12-18-2009, 03:15 PM
QD and Kayfunk said it. Thats the point of the rules. If we started PMing people explaining everything, this site would not be free. You guys would have a membership fee, to pay for us to offer you an addionation courtesy!

Nemesis
12-18-2009, 03:17 PM
None of the mods are required to to explain anything. It is up to the "offender" to know the rules and if their thread gets deleted to be able to go to the rules and see what they missed. I, most of the time and if I know the person, always PM the person. Later, QD.

That is...if the moderation team knows wtf they are doing.

Just saying....

:ninja:

Echonova
12-18-2009, 03:22 PM
I ban on a whim.... Just because I can.

quickdodge®
12-18-2009, 03:23 PM
That is...if the moderation team knows wtf they are doing.

Just saying....

:ninja:
I don't follow. Later, QD.

lanning
12-18-2009, 03:23 PM
-IA Moderators reserve the right to lock or delete a thread if we see something we dont like. We prefer that people join and pay the $10 to sell, that would make it alot easier, but we will monitor every thread and if we SEE FIT WE WILL LOCK/DELETE THAT THREAD, NO QUESTIONS ASKED BUT YOU WILL BE TOLD WHY IT WASNT ALLOWED.

Vteckidd
12-18-2009, 03:24 PM
this happens about every 6 months or so. Someone thinks cause their thread got deleted they can demand something out of the mods. This is half the reason i gave it up its not worth the hassle. They do this for free. The users are LARGELY unappreciative.

If your thread was deleted it was because you didnt follow the rules, PERIOD. Its not THEIR job to babysit and tell you what you did wrong, if they did that it would take tons more of their time. Let me give you a scenario:

I used to PM people an tell them what was wrong. Well after about 4 people started arguing back and forth with me about how they WERENT in the wrong i just said fuck it and stopped doing it. Or how "SO AND SO HAS A THREAD AND ITS STILL UP I DEMAND MINE BE UNDELETED/UNLOCKED".

There are what 30,000 users on here? do you think they troll EVERY forum EVERY hour to see whose doing what right and wrong? Some stuff slips through the cracks, that doesnt mean you get a pass.

Ive used this example 100000 times, thats like the next time you get a speeding ticket telling the cop "well so and so was in front of me going faster so i shouldnt get a ticket". The cop KNOWS other people speed, but he picked you, you are still guilty.

By making threads like this it undermines the mods little bit of authority they have left and you degrade the site by pushing it into a bickering "us vs them" war.

Instead of being a post whore, PM a mod and POLITELY ask "hey QD, i noticed my thread was deleted can you tell me what i did wrong so i can correct it?"

But that would me you would have to be more mature than a 12 year old, something i think is not congruent to this current level of users

MachNU
12-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Seems the OP had a For Sale Thread Deleted yesterday, for what looks like a legit reason, and is not happy with it. :lmao:

Echonova
12-18-2009, 03:25 PM
this happens about every 6 months or so. Someone thinks cause their thread got deleted they can demand something out of the mods. This is half the reason i gave it up its not worth the hassle. They do this for free. The users are LARGELY unappreciative.

If your thread was deleted it was because you didnt follow the rules, PERIOD. Its not THEIR job to babysit and tell you what you did wrong, if they did that it would take tons more of their time. Let me give you a scenario:

I used to PM people an tell them what was wrong. Well after about 4 people started arguing back and forth with me about how they WERENT in the wrong i just said fuck it and stopped doing it. Or how "SO AND SO HAS A THREAD AND ITS STILL UP I DEMAND MINE BE UNDELETED/UNLOCKED".

There are what 30,000 users on here? do you think they troll EVERY forum EVERY hour to see whose doing what right and wrong? Some stuff slips through the cracks, that doesnt mean you get a pass.

Ive used this example 100000 times, thats like the next time you get a speeding ticket telling the cop "well so and so was in front of me going faster so i shouldnt get a ticket". The cop KNOWS other people speed, but he picked you, you are still guilty.

By making threads like this it undermines the mods little bit of authority they have left and you degrade the site by pushing it into a bickering "us vs them" war.

Instead of being a post whore, PM a mod and POLITELY ask "hey QD, i noticed my thread was deleted can you tell me what i did wrong so i can correct it?"

But that would me you would have to be more mature than a 12 year old, something i think is not congruent to this current level of usersI know we ususally keep this stuff to PM's but after that post I have to say to the world.

I love you.

Vteckidd
12-18-2009, 03:26 PM
-IA Moderators reserve the right to lock or delete a thread if we see something we dont like. We prefer that people join and pay the $10 to sell, that would make it alot easier, but we will monitor every thread and if we SEE FIT WE WILL LOCK/DELETE THAT THREAD, NO QUESTIONS ASKED BUT YOU WILL BE TOLD WHY IT WASNT ALLOWED.

i can go quote 40 other rules that would shut this place down in a heart beat, but they still let those slide.

Rules posted are for interpretation by the current ADMINs, its been largely understood for years that PMing a reason is a courtesy, not a right, especially someone with

He should know right from wrong by now

quickdodge®
12-18-2009, 03:29 PM

You ought to check the entire rule and you'll also see this:

"ANY QUESTIONS PM AND ADMIN or SUPERMOD, DO NOT POST A THREAD ASKING WHY SOMETHING WAS DELETED, OR WHY YOU THINK IT SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN DELETED."

Later, QD.

lanning
12-18-2009, 03:30 PM
i can go quote 40 other rules that would shut this place down in a heart beat, but they still let those slide.

Rules posted are for interpretation by the current ADMINs, its been largely understood for years that PMing a reason is a courtesy, not a right
alright just wondering as i am still a noob myself, thank you

MachNU
12-18-2009, 03:32 PM

But that would me you would have to be more mature than a 12 year old, something i think is not congruent to this current level of users

Dam you and your perfect logic! This is the WL, logic does not belong here! :lmfao:

You ought to check the entire rule and you'll also see this:

"ANY QUESTIONS PM AND ADMIN or SUPERMOD, DO NOT POST A THREAD ASKING WHY SOMETHING WAS DELETED, OR WHY YOU THINK IT SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN DELETED."

Later, QD.

:smileowne

Echonova
12-18-2009, 03:32 PM
alright just wondering as i am still a noob myself, thank youYOU JUST GOT FUCKING OWNED n00b!!!!!!!

Naw, f0 real it's cool.

MachNU
12-18-2009, 03:38 PM
ECHO AND HIS CRACK REP FOR PRESIDENT! :idb:

lanning
12-18-2009, 03:39 PM
ECHO AND HIS CRACK REP FOR PRESIDENT! :idb:
x2 shit made my day a whole lot better

Tech5
12-18-2009, 03:41 PM
oh shizzit

Echonova
12-18-2009, 03:43 PM
x2 shit made my day a whole lot betterIt's what I do.

I move from town to town... Do good deeds... and then move on before I get too close.

xxbckiexx
12-18-2009, 03:49 PM
based off my in depth accurate replies to this thread, i think i should be named new SM. just sayin.

quickdodge®
12-18-2009, 03:49 PM
It's what I do.

I move from town to town... Do good deeds... and then move on before I get too close.

Way to go Bruce Banner. Later, QD.

Tech5
12-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Bruce banner baghahahahahha

You will not like me when I am angry

Tech5
12-18-2009, 03:51 PM

Julio
12-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Mods do not need to PM any one when they lock a thread.
If you have a problem as to why your thread was delete it, simple, PM a MOD.

The Ren
12-18-2009, 09:35 PM
You guys have it easy.. on most of the other boards Im on.. if you question a moderator.. you get banned..

MachNU
12-18-2009, 10:14 PM
You guys have it easy.. on most of the other boards Im on.. if you question a moderator.. you get banned..

I think we need to impletment this policy! :D