PDA

View Full Version : opinions on a rebuilt title

MissCourtney
12-18-2009, 01:07 PM
so ive been looking for a bmw and i finally found one i wont with all the options i want.. the only thing is it has a rebuilt title and its in another state... the car looks perfectly fine now.. he said he had to have new bumper and headlights.

what are your opinions...

03RCode
12-18-2009, 01:10 PM
I personally would never buy a rebuilt title vehicle for a DD... Too much unknown for my liking. However, several people do it with no issues.

dallasb84
12-18-2009, 01:49 PM
no biggie

dallasb84
12-18-2009, 01:49 PM
2 to 3 hour test drive..... and check it over realllllll good

Tech5
12-18-2009, 01:51 PM
No biggie unless you will have to get it inspected to GA standards;;;; Get the VIN and contact your local DMV and see if it will need the inspection here

bdydrpdmazda
12-18-2009, 01:52 PM
no BMW would need a rebuild title over a bumper and headlights. Sounds like hes trying to scam you. You take a big risk when buying a car like that when you dont know what kind of work was done to it or the quality of the work done. I would get a carfax report at a minimum and check out what kind of damage the car really had.

CHADbee
12-18-2009, 01:54 PM
so ive been looking for a bmw and i finally found one i wont with all the options i want.. the only thing is it has a rebuilt title and its in another state... the car looks perfectly fine now.. he said he had to have new bumper and headlights.

what are your opinions...
depends on when it was wreaked. if at the time of the accident the car was worth 20k and they totaled it out id be nervous about it cause there was ALOT of damage done.

if it was really was totaled out because of needing headlights and a bumper then i wouldnt worry.

it wouldnt be a bad idea to take a friend that really knows body work with you :goodjob:

HotSauce
12-18-2009, 02:10 PM
What's the purpose, make, model and year of this car?

I don't think I'd every buy a salvage title as a DD. As a track only or project car, possibly....

More info is needed to answer this question.

MissCourtney
12-18-2009, 02:21 PM
its a 2000 328ci..its gonna be a DD.

I found the same car with m3 wheels on it for a better deal without a rebuilt title.. so this doesnt seem to be worth it

blown_ss
12-18-2009, 07:21 PM
the only problem like the other person said above about having to have it inspected here in ga because states are different when it comes to that. dealing with that can cost a lot of money.

on another note owning a rebuilt title car is not that bad. if you end up going with that car i would make them show you where it was wrecked and look at their repairs really well.

silversol
12-18-2009, 07:27 PM
its not that big of deal i have a rebuilders licence and some stuff that gets salvaged is not that bad. minor fender bender stuff. most of the stuff thats hit hard does not get fixed! no it does not cost alot of money to get it reinspected if it does need it. it will cost $218