PDA

View Full Version : Gaming GT5: Time Trial Challenge

D.Choe
12-18-2009, 03:08 AM
anyone else see this demo on PSN yet?

my pants just got so much tighter I just finished DLing it

John@Z1
12-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Played it last night. Had no time to get focused. Just had to try it. I think I will set Forza 3 to the side for a lil while now.

Greddypacked
12-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Havent downloaded it yet. Will love to compare it to Forza 2 and how the comparison is. Im sure GT5 will have more realism to it. Both great games though.

EJ25RUN
12-19-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm trying to get passed the 1:39 mark.

My best so far is a 1:39:987. :(

Some Japanese guy had it down to 1:35 with a 900 degree wheel last time i checked.

Greddypacked
12-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Tried it out and its pretty good. Though I say they over did the spinning out on rear wheel drive cars cuz I would never loose control like I did in the game in real life lol.

JITB
12-20-2009, 12:51 AM
i think the steering is too sensitive for the ps3 controller. Def needs a wheel..

ironchef
12-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Tried it out and its pretty good. Though I say they over did the spinning out on rear wheel drive cars cuz I would never loose control like I did in the game in real life lol.

i think the steering is too sensitive for the ps3 controller. Def needs a wheel..Agreed on both points.

Got a 1.45 as my best time with the controller so far. Will play again today to see what happens. This was the tuned trial btw. For having better sticking tires and better suspension/aero the car definitely over steers more than you expect.

smoknlegend
12-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Agreed on both points.

Got a 1.45 as my best time with the controller so far. Will play again today to see what happens. This was the tuned trial btw. For having better sticking tires and better suspension/aero the car definitely over steers more than you expect.

Im wondering if when the game does come out that there will be a sensitivity adjustment available. It takes alot of getting used to. I first started at a 1.46 but got down to a 1.42 with the controller. It really just takes alot of finesse.

Greddypacked
12-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Im wondering if when the game does come out that there will be a sensitivity adjustment available. It takes alot of getting used to. I first started at a 1.46 but got down to a 1.42 with the controller. It really just takes alot of finesse.

How did you do this on a manual car w/ line off? That's how I like to drive in these games for the more realism. I actually dont need to follow the lines except the braking times help out alot. As for manual shifting you have more control in the turns than an automatic does... well for me anyways.

JITB
12-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Agreed on both points.

yea the steering is crazy sensitive.. maybe i am just used to forza too much.. But it just felt like your driving on ice. but maybe im not used to it yet.

EJ25RUN
12-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Just to remind everyone that it goes much faster if you turn the traction control to 0.

bdydrpdmazda
12-20-2009, 05:43 PM
i will be buying another PS3 just for this, I am just now about to start Forza 3 though so I guess I have awhile. Any word at all on when GT5 will come out or are they gonna just keep dropping teasers till the PS4 comes out?

EJ25RUN
12-20-2009, 06:05 PM
i will be buying another PS3 just for this, I am just now about to start Forza 3 though so I guess I have awhile. Any word at all on when GT5 will come out or are they gonna just keep dropping teasers till the PS4 comes out?

With knowing that JITB will be all up on this, I had a go at Forza 3 and was blown away. This is nothing compared to Forza 3.

In reality, all this should be looked at is the beginning of the 2010 GT Academy driver search.

JITB
12-20-2009, 06:50 PM
With knowing that JITB will be all up on this, I had a go at Forza 3 and was blown away. This is nothing compared to Forza 3.

In reality, all this should be looked at is the beginning of the 2010 GT Academy driver search.

i honestly still love GT deep inside.. i spent alot of days playing 1-4. but when i was playing the other day. I was reminded how GT is, and how unforgiving RWD cars are in GT. but the ps3 controller isnt made for racing. Those analog sticks need some sort of feedback, they just flop around..lol

the interior view looks great tho!

bdydrpdmazda
12-20-2009, 06:59 PM
i honestly still love GT deep inside.. i spent alot of days playing 1-4. but when i was playing the other day. I was reminded how GT is, and how unforgiving RWD cars are in GT. but the ps3 controller isnt made for racing. Those analog sticks need some sort of feedback, they just flop around..lol

the interior view looks great tho!
I do remember this also, i cant remember if it was GT3 or GT4 but that license test where you have to use the viper in the most famous corner at Laguna Seca had me ready to smash several controllers. I hate the license test in the GT series. Im more of a fan of popping the game in and start racing.

JITB
12-21-2009, 01:02 AM
I do remember this also, i cant remember if it was GT3 or GT4 but that license test where you have to use the viper in the most famous corner at Laguna Seca had me ready to smash several controllers. I hate the license test in the GT series. Im more of a fan of popping the game in and start racing.

I never really had a problem with the license test in the past gt but I did have a trouble getting gold lol. but forza 2 had physics this same habit of making high hp cars useless after a certain hp without traction control. but what I liked about forza 3 is the physics in the rwd cars. where a lot of cars will not loose traction in stock form with no traction control. I want to think the tire deformation in forza is what makes the cars handle so realistic.

but than again this is a demo, and I think a lot of the handling annoyances are because of the ps3s controller. probrably a lot better with the wheel.

Got Milk?
12-21-2009, 03:23 AM
This game is fuking sick. When i buy the game, steering wheel will be a must. There is no way you can compete with the fuking ps3 controller.

EJ25RUN
12-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Here's last year's GT Academy winner and FIA GT4 2nd place finisher Lucas Ordonez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgpFEwf6QD8&feature=sub

quickdodge®
12-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Do you need GT5 Prologue to play this? Later, QD.

smoknlegend
12-21-2009, 12:02 PM

No you just need to download it and have your ps3 connected to the internet, otherwise it wont play.

volk_ef9
12-21-2009, 03:05 PM
which car do they give to you to use for the time challenge?

EJ25RUN
12-21-2009, 06:02 PM

All you need is a PS3 and create a Japanese account.

This youtube tells you how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Kfm0gCTX0

JITB
12-21-2009, 06:04 PM
All you need is a PS3 and create a Japanese account.

This youtube tells you how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Kfm0gCTX0

You dont have to do the japanese thing to get the time trial challenge.. that is pretty cool that you can do that tho..

EJ25RUN
12-22-2009, 07:11 PM
You dont have to do the japanese thing to get the time trial challenge.. that is pretty cool that you can do that tho..

Didn't know that.

Nice.

ItsBlack
12-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Wait, you have to use the analog stick to drive in GT5? What happened to PS's pressure sensitive D-pad? That's what I used for 3 and 4.

JR VQ 30 de
12-22-2009, 08:43 PM
dam every one on here beats my time of 1.57 lol

Greddypacked
12-23-2009, 10:31 AM
which car do they give to you to use for the time challenge?

Either a tuned 350Z or non tuned one.

EJ25RUN
12-23-2009, 12:53 PM
What times is everyone at?

I'm at 1:39.987 with a controller. I feel i can get it down to a 1:38.

ironchef
12-23-2009, 01:40 PM

I'm at 1:39.987 with a controller. I feel i can get it down to a 1:38.What TC level are you using?

smoknlegend
12-23-2009, 01:42 PM

I'm at 1:39.987 with a controller. I feel i can get it down to a 1:38.

My fastest was like a 1:41.1 with controller.

EJ25RUN
12-23-2009, 01:46 PM
What TC level are you using?

I can't play any racing game with TC.

I get incredibly frustrated when the car won't accelerate under slight oversteer.

I play with all aids off.

Dirty Octopus™
12-23-2009, 04:24 PM
PS3 > XBOX
Forza > GT5

EJ25RUN
12-23-2009, 05:05 PM
PS3 > XBOX
Forza > GT5

But...there is no GT5 yet.

That's like me saying GT5 > Forza 4 right now.

JITB
12-23-2009, 06:14 PM

I can't play any racing game with TC.

I get incredibly frustrated when the car won't accelerate under slight oversteer.

I play with all aids off.

thats why u need to play more Forza3!!! I have been able to tune out that with alot of my cars, and i play with 0 assists! not even abs. And i know is very hard with the ps3 controller.

EJ25RUN
12-23-2009, 06:33 PM
thats why u need to play more Forza3!!! I have been able to tune out that with alot of my cars, and i play with 0 assists! not even abs. And i know is very hard with the ps3 controller.

I've been playing Forza 3 the past couple of days and i feel the experience of GT games with a twitchy car is why i can control the cars in Forza so easily. All the way up to the prototypes.

GT still beats Forza on variety though. Where are the single seaters? the rally cars? the raid buggys? the old race cars?

Forza is a game for people that know about todays cars and a few from the past. For me, the past is more important.

For me, the thing Forza has over GT is a few race tracks and Porsche.

Besides that, I'm still a GT fan. I read the other day how GT says its mostly American gamers that want damage sims in their racing games and most of these people will only play for a short time since they get frustrated after it becomes to hard to drive a broken car. Hence why i learn not to crash and crash physics aren't really all that appealing to me.

+ the director of Forza isn't a figure i respect. He's not about it for the cars in the same way Kaz is. He's just another gaming businessman.

JITB
12-23-2009, 07:07 PM
I've been playing Forza 3 the past couple of days and i feel the experience of GT games with a twitchy car is why i can control the cars in Forza so easily. All the way up to the prototypes.

GT still beats Forza on variety though. Where are the single seaters? the rally cars? the raid buggys? the old race cars?

Forza is a game for people that know about todays cars and a few from the past. For me, the past is more important.

For me, the thing Forza has over GT is a few race tracks and Porsche.

Besides that, I'm still a GT fan. I read the other day how GT says its mostly American gamers that want damage sims in their racing games and most of these people will only play for a short time since they get frustrated after it becomes to hard to drive a broken car. Hence why i learn not to crash and crash physics aren't really all that appealing to me.

+ the director of Forza isn't a figure i respect. He's not about it for the cars in the same way Kaz is. He's just another gaming businessman.

i agree with most of that.

got a few rally cars.. Rs200 - peugot 206 rally car
1 seaters like R1 racing cars? ir the 1 seater super cars?
i don tthink there is 1 old race car in F3...lol

Funny you should mention the director. I was playing in a match with a guy from Turn10 the makers of Forza, real late around 3-4am one night. And i asked him about how he felt about 950cars in GT5. He said that GT has alot of same cars like example the 240 coupe, and hatch. Which is cool but kind of pointless.. Me personally would like more variety.. like a hatch and a coupe, and 4door/3door etc. But he had a small point, like GT3 - 4 had alot of same cars, that served no purpose. the damage i got over.. because like you said it really isnt that important after awhile. But i just wish GT had more customization, thats what really does it for me...but ive said that a million times already..lol

it was also funny because the other guys in the room, were like man forget Gran Turismo...this is forza..blah blah. but the Turn10 guy seemed like he wanted to play GT too...:lmfao:

ironchef
12-23-2009, 07:20 PM
This car would not be this twitchy in real life. I drove a 911 with TC turned off on a wet skidpad, and it was less twitchy.

smoknlegend
12-23-2009, 08:59 PM
has anyone tried this car with a steering wheel? I wonder if the car was designed for use with the wheel over the controller?

Dirty Octopus™
12-23-2009, 09:22 PM
But...there is no GT5 yet.

That's like me saying GT5 > Forza 4 right now.
but... i can feel it. i can feel it in my soul. :o

EJ25RUN
12-23-2009, 11:29 PM
This car would not be this twitchy in real life. I drove a 911 with TC turned off on a wet skidpad, and it was less twitchy.

I can agree on this.

ironchef
12-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Got down to the 1:43's today. I definitely see more room for improvement, but I honestly don't get how people are in the 1:30s with controllers.

EJ25RUN
12-26-2009, 09:11 PM
1:39:608 with a controller about 5 mins ago.

AltBlkz06 was here to see it.

EJ25RUN
12-27-2009, 05:24 PM
1:38.921 says i'm #158

With a controller. I think my finger was gonna to put a hole through the x button at the end.

Got Milk?
12-31-2009, 05:17 PM
1:38.921 says i'm #158

With a controller. I think my finger was gonna to put a hole through the x button at the end.

Or you can just use analog stick up and down. I find that much easier.

EJ25RUN
01-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Or you can just use analog stick up and down. I find that much easier.

Not quick enough for me. Also, there are some rare times when i'm gassing+braking at once.

GGPIS3
01-12-2010, 11:19 AM
so far... 1.41.9 on a controller. damn cars are way too sensitive.