PDA

View Full Version : General Chat g35 vs s2000 compare

ueyedgr8tness
12-16-2009, 10:31 PM
ok where u owners and none owners i tried to find a thread was done awhile back but couldn't find it, if u was to buy 1 which 1 would u get and why? also handling and power on the s2000 vs 350z.and which 1 will be overall the best bang for the buck.

talk to me:cheers:

j0nbunklah0m
12-16-2009, 10:37 PM
i like both. but i prefer backseats

antiv6
12-16-2009, 11:51 PM
id rather have a g35 but s2000s are cool, you cant go wrong with either. If you want it for performance s2000 is the obvious choice.

RL...
12-16-2009, 11:56 PM
s2k is faster

both look great

g35 is more upscale/luxury/nicer inside and out

I would get a g, but why don't you go to a couple car dealerships, test drive them, and find out for yourself?:thinking:

dtmcnamara
12-17-2009, 06:13 AM
G35 has more plastic inside that falls apart/falls off/paint chips/just looks like crap. S200 just dosent have anything inside.

The g35 also is in a class completely different that the s2000. The 350z would be more comparable, but then once again you have a TON of plastic. To each their own, I picked the s2000 for reliability, the look, and of course....VTEC ALL THE WAY TO 9000!!!!!!

tony
12-17-2009, 06:51 AM
I'm pretty experienced with the G35 and only driven an S2K once. If you like to drive a lot and comfort is a concern, the G isn't the most comfortable but it surpasses the S2K. If you're a pure driving enthusiast and care more about the driving experience go for the S2K cause the G is fun, but not S2K fun. It all depends on what you are looking for.

My first G, very unreliable but then again I did a ton of modding. This 2nd one, 80k+ miles without an issue and they're pretty easy to maintain yourself. (And no plastic parts that fall apart) A lot of the mods for the 350Z crosses over to the G35 and the potential for more power I would say goes to the G.

Should you decide to go the twin turbo route, the thing is a monster and responds very well to boost. A drop, some aggressive wheels and you have an amazing looking car.

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/9905/twog352yh.jpg

mocha latte cupcake
12-17-2009, 07:18 AM
having a S2k... i WANT to love the 350z and G35 coupe, but i just can't. they are different cars.

S2k - convertible, 9k rpm, VTAK, and great handling from the factory
cons: Small interior (not good for longer trips) torque is none existent(sp?), they respond decent to NA mod, but AP1's get that awesome snap oversteer.

350z - torque, a heavier more "solid" feel on the road, nicer seats (imo) backseat...sorta. more interior room and trunk space.
cons: heavy as a fat bitch in a mcdonalds drive thru line for the 3rd day in a row, factory handling is weak sos. (i'm yet to drive one i like, but coilovers seem to fix it from what i hear)

i am a die hard nissan fan but i haven't been able to bring myself to actually buy one (even though they were cheaper than the S2k) they do feel... "slower" than the S2k, but that i will attribute to her dunka booty. NA they both suck on power (unless you get a AP2 _I/H/E/Hondata_ ~~vs~~ REV UP 350z.

i'm having a hard time replacing my AP1. I love the car, it handles nicely, was fairly quick when i had her all modded. but i need something i can travel in a bit nicer.

nsany(atl)
12-17-2009, 07:44 AM
I have owned both, the G is a more forgiving car on the race track, but if you know how to hustle a car like a go kart and leave the a$$ end out you can make the S2000 faster.

The G has more room and is more comfortable. Taking trips in a S2000 sucks, you and significant other can only pack a backpack full of clothes for the trip, and it's loud on the highway.

S2k does get better gas mileage.

S2k's eat up tires.

If you park outside, S2K's suck in the winter.

S2k OEM radio blows donky di@%

Both car's accept mods well and have a strong aftermarket.

S2k's have to have the valves adjusted every 30K and is an expensive service at the dealer

thats all i can think of for now

Elbow
12-17-2009, 08:28 AM
The S2K looks better, drives better, handles better, sounds better, more reliable, lighter, sportier.

The G35 has more room.

SandM
12-17-2009, 11:09 AM
I chose, would choose, the S2000 because of the sportier feeling and the all around performance aspect. It may not have the torque that the G35 has, but once you get that little bitch moving, she goes.
Daily driving is a loss because of the soft top in winter (needs hardtop), less torque for city driving, not too much room, and only one of these things actually bothers me.

xxbckiexx
12-17-2009, 01:26 PM
if back seats isn't a concern and you don't plan on boosting the car and spending lots of money on it, go with a 350z. Best bang for your buck at this point in time, especially since they've dropped so much in price with the 370 out. s2k is good if you want a cute little girly car, or you want to boost it without spending too much on the motor and get some great gains. On a side note, don't listen to anything simon has to say, his heads in his ass, and he would prefer a miata over any car.

southside
12-17-2009, 01:31 PM
S2k ftw

bdydrpdmazda
12-17-2009, 01:34 PM
if back seats isn't a concern and you don't plan on boosting the car and spending lots of money on it, go with a 350z. Best bang for your buck at this point in time, especially since they've dropped so much in price with the 370 out. s2k is good if you want a cute little girly car, or you want to boost it without spending too much on the motor and get some great gains. On a side note, don't listen to anything simon has to say, his heads in his ass, and he would prefer a miata over any car.
I agree with this post 100%

ATK_Designs
12-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Why not get both? Both are different cars anyways. I own a G35 and it's NOT the best handling car, comparing to S2K. But response VERY WELL to suspension mods.

S2000 is straight out the box OEM handle better than the OEM G35.

That being said, I'd prefer the 350z as a DD instead of the S2K. Gotta love that torque. Z&G parts are interchangeable and the Z handles quite good, being stock.

SandM
12-17-2009, 03:01 PM

lol, I've driven both. You're quite mistaken about a couple things though. Best bang for the buck right now is to pick up an AP1. They are more reliable and less expensive than the early model 350Z.
As for the S2000 being a cute girly car?? I'll not knock your opinion.
But it's very simple.... DD buy a G35, for a toy that you'll drive occasionally buy an S2000.
And Simon is pretty much right about his opinions about the S2k, which has no relation to his Miata love.

DustnU
12-17-2009, 03:29 PM
G35 has more plastic inside that falls apart/falls off/paint chips/just looks like crap. S200 just dosent have anything inside.

The g35 also is in a class completely different that the s2000. The 350z would be more comparable, but then once again you have a TON of plastic. To each their own, I picked the s2000 for reliability, the look, and of course....VTEC ALL THE WAY TO 9000!!!!!!

Thats all folks!!!!!!!!!!!:goodjob:

ueyedgr8tness
12-17-2009, 03:40 PM
thanks guy's and i am glad every 1 commented about the 350z because that was another choice that i forgot to add lol!! I sold my other car and i am waiting for my court shi* to go through to make sure i still have license before i go get another car,I am pretty much getting 1 for mtn runs and a dd.And i don't want payments and all 3 cars are affordable now without spending alot of $ so thats a +

JITB
12-17-2009, 04:38 PM
too many un biased opinions...lol especially the guy that used to own the brembo less 2001 nismo 350z..

But anyway.. i feel the same about both. Im not too favorable to either one.

s2000 is small inside, and isnt a very comfortable car on long trips, and in GA we drive alot..ask jm about his road trips from sc to ga..lol. But depending on your size. but iots not made to be big, its made to be a sports roadster and perform.

G35 is a luxury sport sedan. meaning it has all the extras plus more. And has the extra space, and comfort to have a passenger without being on top of each other.

They both have crazy aftermarket, so thats a tie for both.
As far as a performer the s2k was built to perform, so im sure stock v stock it will out perform the G.
Looks? its all opinion..

bang for the buck they both cost about the same.. A good G for 14-15k, and s2k about 12-13k. But as far as what you get.. you do get more with the G35, as far as options and extras and comfort.

And reliability is all up to the previous care of the car. SO its up in the air. Truthfully i would trust the honda on the reliability part. But the Vq is a very reliable motor itself, but i have heard the later versions of the vq are better than the older ones...

Its a toss up to me, but if it was my decision. it would be G35.. because im tall..and being comfortable is soo important, and it goes along way for me. And the s2k has kind of tuned into a different type of car.. within the years. G35 is still mature!

5speed
12-17-2009, 05:06 PM
I love both but wouldn't compare them. Wade Davis of Tallapoosa has a TT G35 for a DD and track car. He first boosted it back in 05 or so and it is still running strong with over 500hp. It would be my choice for a DD but not if I were to use it on track. In that case I would go with the S2000... or a new MX-5

eYezs1ck
12-17-2009, 05:18 PM
okay. ive own both in the past 6months and this is what i have to say.

s2000: ive always been a honda guy and s2k is nice shifts so well top down ladies love it. its very small but its something i can bare with im only 5'8 160lbs. gas was pretty good low 20s in city. very fun to drive

g35 coupe: i have 6spd MT very luxury heated seats ftw during winter. navi =). doesnt drive like a fackin honda. pretty horrible on gas i fill up 1/2 every 3 days dont drive that much. doesnt handle as well as an s2

both in common: chick magnet. i think i would go back to an ap2

common

ueyedgr8tness
12-17-2009, 07:12 PM
^ i am not tall but i am big and i am starting to think the s2000 might wear on me in and out of it 24/7 but not really sure.I drove 1 back when i was 180 and i got in it ok and the way it handle was priceless but i weigh in around 245 now so my body has changed alot not sure it would be as confy as once before..

5speed
12-17-2009, 07:17 PM
I say get in better shape, its worth it!

JITB
12-17-2009, 07:38 PM
^ i am not tall but i am big and i am starting to think the s2000 might wear on me in and out of it 24/7 but not really sure.I drove 1 back when i was 180 and i got in it ok and the way it handle was priceless but i weigh in around 245 now so my body has changed alot not sure it would be as confy as once before..

if ur 245.. and not tall.. the s2k might not be comfortable for u!

maybe rx8? or mustang?

Black4DrEK
12-17-2009, 07:52 PM
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

FTW

ueyedgr8tness
12-17-2009, 08:08 PM
if ur 245.. and not tall.. the s2k might not be comfortable for u!

maybe rx8? or mustang?

I have the same waist as 1 was at 180 i just let the bench get out of hand then stopped all at once and starting eating junk food so its not like i am huge:lmfao: and no i have had 3 stangs don't want another 1 plus i plan to get back around 215..

5speed
12-17-2009, 08:39 PM
It's so hard to choose between the two. I don't think I can help you anymore lol

sprix!
12-17-2009, 10:22 PM
I have owned both, the G is a more forgiving car on the race track, but if you know how to hustle a car like a go kart and leave the a$$ end out you can make the S2000 faster.

The G has more room and is more comfortable. Taking trips in a S2000 sucks, you and significant other can only pack a backpack full of clothes for the trip, and it's loud on the highway.

S2k does get better gas mileage.

S2k's eat up tires.

If you park outside, S2K's suck in the winter.

S2k OEM radio blows donky di@%

Both car's accept mods well and have a strong aftermarket.

S2k's have to have the valves adjusted every 30K and is an expensive service at the dealer

thats all i can think of for now

I have to disagree with you on a few points here. Your use of hyperbole is less than welcome in a thread where honest and fair observations are requested.

First off, valve adjustment is recommended every 90K miles for an S2000. NOT 30K. Sounds like someone took you for a nice ride with that service. Certain older models required it earlier, but for the S2000 that just isn't true.

Secondly- S2000s can be modified, but they don't respond nearly as well to modifications as a G35/350Z would. The only meaningful mod one can do to add power to an S2000 is going FI. Things like exhaust/intake are only done on S2000s for show and sound. In a lot of cases, I am sure modifying these parts would even cause a driver to lose and not gain power.

Not sure what you mean by S2000s eating up tires. That would depend largely on your individual tire selection and driving habits. I have had fronts that lasted more than 40K miles and rears to last about 30k. In fact, I remember the earliest 350Zs and G35s having TSB issues to address alignment specs and tire wear. If you are addressing the fact that the S2000 has a staggered setup from the factory, it is the same way for all three vehicles.

Again, not sure what you mean by the S2000 "sucking" when you have to park it outside in the winter. Perhaps you could clarify that point before I discuss it further.

You are right on a couple of examples- the car is noisy. It has virtually zero sound deadening material installed. This means you hear just about everything going on outside of the car. Add a soft top to that, and it means it is even more noisy.

Not all S2000's radios suck. Sure, with 00-01 models, there were only 2 speakers total in the cabin, so sound was always an issue. Things got better over time. 06+ cars had speakers and individual mount tweeters in the doors as well as 2 speakers in each rollbar.

Not sure what you were carrying in your trunk, but you can certainly pack more than a single backpack full of items for a trip. Sure, it is not as cavernous as a G35's trunk, it isn't that bad.

Overall- S2000 is a more performance oriented and no frills car. No navigation. No heated seats. No fancy sound system. It is more hardcore and less compromising than a G35 coupe. The interior is spartan and simple. It will outperform a G35 coupe on a track and it will just generally outhandle it as well. The car is much lighter than the other.

The Infiniti is a luxury coupe. It is packed with features, even in its basic form, that outstrip the S2000. It is more quiet and more comfortable than the S2000 will ever hope to be. It is still reasonably reliable and requires less effort to get power when driving casually. The S2000 really needs to be ringed out and driven to dizzying RPMs to get notable power.

The cars are different. Very different.

Sunkenkarma
12-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Id prefer the G35, 350z then S2k... But all in all you should definatly think about a IS300, the earlier ones, like 2002's.

ueyedgr8tness
12-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Id prefer the G35, 350z then S2k... But all in all you should definatly think about a IS300, the earlier ones, like 2002's.

i just got the wife a 04 is300 so i am not looking to go that route:no:

cdhtang
12-18-2009, 12:46 AM
If it is a daily drive, I would get a G because it is comfortable, the room space, and I always love that exhaust tone it has. One of my friend used to own a s2k, and i always have to give him a ride, just because he can't fit something in his car. Also, the s2k is loud, engine and road noise, I just can't take it everyday. If it comes to weekend/fun car, S2k. I love top down, the 9k ap1 rpm.
Look, if its done right, they both can look good. Maintenance, depends on the owners, but heard more problems for the G. When getting used s2k, check compression, saw quiet a few with messed up compressions.

DirtyMechanic
12-18-2009, 01:22 AM
s2k is faster

both look great

g35 is more upscale/luxury/nicer inside and out

I would get a g, but why don't you go to a couple car dealerships, test drive them, and find out for yourself?:thinking:shhhh

I love both but wouldn't compare them. Wade Davis of Tallapoosa has a TT G35 for a DD and track car. He first boosted it back in 05 or so and it is still running strong with over 500hp. It would be my choice for a DD but not if I were to use it on track. In that case I would go with the S2000... or a new MX-5
not on stock block. he PAID for that reliablity with TT.

5speed
12-18-2009, 01:27 AM
I have to disagree with you on a few points here. Your use of hyperbole is less than welcome in a thread where honest and fair observations are requested.

First off, valve adjustment is recommended every 90K miles for an S2000. NOT 30K. Sounds like someone took you for a nice ride with that service. Certain older models required it earlier, but for the S2000 that just isn't true.

Secondly- S2000s can be modified, but they don't respond nearly as well to modifications as a G35/350Z would. The only meaningful mod one can do to add power to an S2000 is going FI. Things like exhaust/intake are only done on S2000s for show and sound. In a lot of cases, I am sure modifying these parts would even cause a driver to lose and not gain power.

Not sure what you mean by S2000s eating up tires. That would depend largely on your individual tire selection and driving habits. I have had fronts that lasted more than 40K miles and rears to last about 30k. In fact, I remember the earliest 350Zs and G35s having TSB issues to address alignment specs and tire wear. If you are addressing the fact that the S2000 has a staggered setup from the factory, it is the same way for all three vehicles.

Again, not sure what you mean by the S2000 "sucking" when you have to park it outside in the winter. Perhaps you could clarify that point before I discuss it further.

You are right on a couple of examples- the car is noisy. It has virtually zero sound deadening material installed. This means you hear just about everything going on outside of the car. Add a soft top to that, and it means it is even more noisy.

Not all S2000's radios suck. Sure, with 00-01 models, there were only 2 speakers total in the cabin, so sound was always an issue. Things got better over time. 06+ cars had speakers and individual mount tweeters in the doors as well as 2 speakers in each rollbar.

Not sure what you were carrying in your trunk, but you can certainly pack more than a single backpack full of items for a trip. Sure, it is not as cavernous as a G35's trunk, it isn't that bad.

Overall- S2000 is a more performance oriented and no frills car. No navigation. No heated seats. No fancy sound system. It is more hardcore and less compromising than a G35 coupe. The interior is spartan and simple. It will outperform a G35 coupe on a track and it will just generally outhandle it as well. The car is much lighter than the other.

The Infiniti is a luxury coupe. It is packed with features, even in its basic form, that outstrip the S2000. It is more quiet and more comfortable than the S2000 will ever hope to be. It is still reasonably reliable and requires less effort to get power when driving casually. The S2000 really needs to be ringed out and driven to dizzying RPMs to get notable power.

The cars are different. Very different.
Ha, everything I was thinking but too lazy to type out. Yes, a lot of times the power goes backwards instead of forward with exhaust "mods". Reps!:goodjob:

5speed
12-18-2009, 01:30 AM
shhhh

not on stock block. he PAID for that reliability with TT.
Well, obviously that would be done with most cars making that kind of power and driven that much. The stock block itself I hear can handle a good bit though, very FI friendly.

DirtyMechanic
12-18-2009, 01:39 AM
Well, obviously that would be done with most cars making that kind of power and driven that much. The stock block itself I hear can handle a good bit though, very FI friendly.
yes they do love boost. but stock blocks are really only reliable to about 400whp and then reliablity drops and drops very quick after 430whp. but i do know the new 3.5 hr 350 and the new 3.7 can handle 500whp very nicely and love boost even more. then the older DE and REV-UP motors.

5speed
12-18-2009, 01:47 AM
yes they do love boost. but stock blocks are really only reliable to about 400whp and then reliablity drops and drops very quick after 430whp. but i do know the new 3.5 hr 350 and the new 3.7 can handle 500whp very nicely and love boost even more. then the older DE and REV-UP motors.
Yep, I love them. I would like to have the last year G35. G37 are very nice but I kinda like the 35 headlights more. But then again, the stock hp gains from the 37 are well worth it. And more displacement makes for more torque :rolleyes:

RL...
12-18-2009, 01:56 AM
If I were a midget I would consider getting an s2k...lol

seriously though I test drove one and felt extremely crampt...they handle nicely though...and brake equally good

5speed
12-18-2009, 01:58 AM
I am about 6'2 and didnt have a problem with fitment surprisingly.

SandM
12-18-2009, 10:01 AM
if you're looking for a moutain/fun/dd car, buy the g35 or 350z and do some suspension mods. that will probably be your best bet..... I dd my S, but i am not one that craves creature comforts.

oh yea, most s2000 mods are done for weight saving purposes. an aftermarket exhaust may only gain miniscule horsepower, but a good single can lose you around 40 lbs without going titanium which could lose you about 50 or so lbs.

and the convertible sucks in winter because of the heatloss from a canvas top instead of a conventional metal top with headliner.

G.C
12-18-2009, 07:06 PM
The S2K looks better, drives better, handles better, sounds better, more reliable, lighter, sportier.

The G35 has more room.

Lmao. Really. I'm sorry but i have beaten a s2k in my G35 by a car or 2 from dig and 50kick. Of course no twisties, cause i know they will rape the G. Also G sounds way better. Go get your ear checked up. and reliable? Dude shutup man you have no idea what your taling about. Looks, i think G looks better in stock, but those s2k with hard tops are so sexy. :)

I have no say in s2k cause i've never driven one, but i can say about what i have driven. And its the g35.

Interior is pretty nice(no, i have yet to see some plastic fly off or break on my car), everything seems solid inside. It has good sound system, a lot of features, and gas isn't that bad. got 26mpg last time i pumped. (shell gas fyi) .

Performance wise, it's not all that bad. It handles pretty good, has good amount of tq, and it runs smooth. Don't know why people say g35 are not reliable.. Every car breaks down, it just depends on the owner who maintained the vehicle and how they drove it.
My G has never broke down on me, so i can say its pretty reliable.

Overall, i love the G, its reliable, some what fast, comfortable, has somewhat of room inside, audio is great and it looks great.

If your choosing which to buy like i was couple months ago, test drive both cars. Your answer will come up. G.l

SandM
12-19-2009, 07:21 AM
Lmao. Really. I'm sorry but i have beaten a s2k in my G35 by a car or 2 from a 50kick. .l

i would like to see a stock G35 v a stock S2k from a 50 kick

tony
12-19-2009, 07:43 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV7nOeCzA28

I remember this video from a while back, the S2K driver was a good driver.. and it gives a good snapshot of what would happen on the street with two decent drivers.

edit: never realized the S2K had mods, take it for what it is I guess

SiR EG2
12-19-2009, 09:32 AM
yupp stock to stock s2k would win maybe 3/4 of a car length

tony
12-19-2009, 10:17 AM
yupp stock to stock s2k would win maybe 3/4 of a car length

Thing is you have to consider your driving style, look at what it took for the S2K to run like that, you'd have to wring out the S2K. In my daily commute I just punch it a and the torque puts a smile on my face and I'm nowhere near redline.

G.C
12-19-2009, 11:42 AM
That's 04 6spd G35 Coupe. Which has non rev up motor.

Which has 3.5 L 190 kW (280 hp) V6.

Put the rev up 6spd against the stock s2k. With no camera man in the G.

Which has 3.5 L 222 kW (298 hp) V6

SandM
12-19-2009, 04:06 PM
i've always considered the s2k v g35 stockers to be a close race. But, we were talking about a race not cruising from 50. The revup motor was a good addition to the platform and made the car a good bit better.
that is also why i said the g35 would be a better choice for a DD. less throttle for suberban driving. its also why i tell people that are looking at s2k's and want a city car to get an AP2 because they have that extra torque for suburban driving.

Verik
12-19-2009, 04:31 PM

g actually wins stock v stock.. i've done a 60 roll in my s2k (ap1) vs a g on 316 heading out to athens.... we ran 3 times... he won by a car the first run, half a car the second and the 3rd was on a slight downhill and he lost by half a car. honestly i/e and a tune will change the tide for the s2k though.

DirtyMechanic
12-19-2009, 05:52 PM
i would like to see a stock G35 v a stock S2k from a 50 kick:ninja:

Thing is you have to consider your driving style, look at what it took for the S2K to run like that, you'd have to wring out the S2K. In my daily commute I just punch it a and the torque puts a smile on my face and I'm nowhere near redline. yes i love the low end tq. well most of america does. thats why people like the G35s so much. i usually drive around town from 1700rpm to about 2200rpm. and never have a problem keeping up in traffic at a light.

That's 04 6spd G35 Coupe. Which has non rev up motor.

Which has 3.5 L 190 kW (280 hp) V6.

Put the rev up 6spd against the stock s2k. With no camera man in the G.

Which has 3.5 L 222 kW (298 hp) V6 those rev-ups have 10 less tq factory rating. and after driving both DE and Rev-Ups for a living. the Rev-Ups feels much slower with that less tq.

i've always considered the s2k v g35 stockers to be a close race. But, we were talking about a race not cruising from 50. The revup motor was a good addition to the platform and made the car a good bit better.
that is also why i said the g35 would be a better choice for a DD. less throttle for suberban driving. its also why i tell people that are looking at s2k's and want a city car to get an AP2 because they have that extra torque for suburban driving.

g actually wins stock v stock.. i've done a 60 roll in my s2k (ap1) vs a g on 316 heading out to athens.... we ran 3 times... he won by a car the first run, half a car the second and the 3rd was on a slight downhill and he lost by half a car. honestly i/e and a tune will change the tide for the s2k though.
yes i know after playing with friends that have stock or mostly stock S2Ks i would have to agree stock for stock it would probably come down to driver. and if either one had more mods over the other. that one would probably some out ahead. but not by much. then again even if that. still might come down to driver then.

m3dic8d
12-19-2009, 07:29 PM
I'd get a s2000. 350's are ugly, heavy, slow, chick cars. Gay

:rolleyes:

Just go test drive them both, fool. Z = 3200lbs, s2k = 2900lbs. Anyone who says the Z is omgsohavy doesn't have their facts straight. They're both great cars, I can't fault either. I was going to get a s2000 until I drove the Z and liked the torque more so I got that. I don't think I'd be disappointed either way, both have too many pluses

5speed
12-21-2009, 09:39 AM
I'd get a s2000. 350's are ugly, heavy, slow, chick cars. Gay

:rolleyes:

Just go test drive them both, fool. Z = 3200lbs, s2k = 2900lbs. Anyone who says the Z is omgsohavy doesn't have their facts straight. They're both great cars, I can't fault either. I was going to get a s2000 until I drove the Z and liked the torque more so I got that. I don't think I'd be disappointed either way, both have too many pluses
Why does everyone think 3200lbs is so much weight? If it has the power then the weight really shouldnt matter at that point. Once it gets over 100lbs heavier than that then it just tips the scale for me. I love my torque so I would go with a G35. I just like to have a good bit of power from bottom to top.

DirtyMechanic
12-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Why does everyone think 3200lbs is so much weight? If it has the power then the weight really shouldnt matter at that point. Once it gets over 100lbs heavier than that then it just tips the scale for me. I love my torque so I would go with a G35. I just like to have a good bit of power from bottom to top.
because its not a 2700 240 or 2400 civic.

5speed
12-21-2009, 11:55 AM
because its not a 2700 240 or 2400 civic.
Yet, alot of them (atleast in the past, IDK what the "new" shit with Civics are cool these days) will strip the window motors and shit just to reduce weight in order to break 12-13. WTF?

SandM
12-21-2009, 12:05 PM
:ninja:

ilu mike, but you're not stock

DirtyMechanic
12-21-2009, 12:20 PM
ilu mike, but you're not stock
yes i am.... im still have my stock ECU

seanrg1116
12-21-2009, 12:54 PM
s2k is faster

wtf.......................no way maybe on a road course but thats still prob not accurate.

a s2k is a good track car but if outright speed is ur thing the s2k is a far cry from a fast or even quick car.

a g35 is faster but still lacking in power

both have great mod potential

i would get the g35 more room and more comfort and still faster

G.C
12-23-2009, 02:07 PM
I have driven non rev up before. I can tell you it did feel slower than the rev.up.

Also, mod way, there's not that much you can do for s2k besides FI.

There's not that much you can do with G35 too, but there's more you can do to get power than s2k. MD MREV2=15whp minimum. Dono how much exhaust and intake gives, (i highly doubt it gives more than 1-10 to the wheels)

m3dic8d
12-23-2009, 11:19 PM
I have driven non rev up before. I can tell you it did feel slower than the rev.up.

There's not that much you can do with G35 too, but there's more you can do to get power than s2k. MD MREV2=15whp minimum. Dono how much exhaust and intake gives, (i highly doubt it gives more than 1-10 to the wheels)
It's a difference, but under normal driving circumstances wouldn't be noticeable... like 15hp difference?

DirtyMechanic
12-24-2009, 01:36 PM

15 is way way to high for the spacers. you might see a 8whp peak but the power band wont drop like a sky slope after 5500rpm. i have before and after of my crawford plenum with out taking the car off the dyno. ill scan the dyno for you...

stormcrow
12-24-2009, 02:26 PM
15 is way way to high for the spacers. you might see a 8whp peak but the power band wont drop like a sky slope after 5500rpm. i have before and after of my crawford plenum with out taking the car off the dyno. ill scan the dyno for you...

MREV is the spacer plus lower collector. the torque from this mod is actually noticeable in the butt dyno...

DirtyMechanic
12-24-2009, 03:52 PM
MREV is the spacer plus lower collector. the torque from this mod is actually noticeable in the butt dyno...
butt dyno tells me rev-ups are slow.

also here is the two dynos of the before crawford plenum

the before plenum was the highest dyno we got. took 8 runs to peak out. normal for a VQ never produces the highest hp the first run.

the after plenum was the highest after the plunem. took 10 runs to get it that high. first 3 runs were lower than before runs because the ecu didnt know what to do with the extra plenum volume.

stormcrow
12-24-2009, 04:00 PM
butt dyno tells me rev-ups are slow.

also here is the two dynos of the before crawford plenum

the before plenum was the highest dyno we got. took 8 runs to peak out. normal for a VQ never produces the highest hp the first run.

the after plenum was the highest after the plunem. took 10 runs to get it that high. first 3 runs were lower than before runs because the ecu didnt know what to do with the extra plenum volume.

my old rev-up would have waxed your ass.. ;)

btw, i can't view attached images yet... guess i'm not cool enough due to my post count... :) so, speak english...what are you going on about here?

Psw Jdm
12-25-2009, 05:02 PM
i like both. but i prefer backseats

u gay

G.C
12-25-2009, 11:59 PM
u gay

Think your the gay one when your driving a s2k with the top laid back with another guy next to you with some stunner shades.

G.C
12-26-2009, 12:02 AM
I want to see a dyno of MD spacer+MREV2. All their dyno on their website show some good amount of increase.

VIP Style
12-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Well I have driven both, and I felt that the G35 was just better all around. more comfortable, feels good, pretty decent handling. Not to take anything from a s2k, but I just dont see what all the hype is about the s2k, im not too impressed by them.

00 blk G20t
12-31-2009, 11:00 AM
^Ive driven both also and the G is the nicer car.....i mean come on guys.....we are talking v6 vs. 4cyl......the s2000 makes great power with its 4cyl.....it IS faster than Z/G........but its not without its enemys that beat it by just as much as it beats the G/Zs....evos and STI.....cars you will soon hate if you buy the s2k.....

s2k will also get alot more looks from your friendly neighborhood spiderman....the G can just cruise by at crazy speeds and cops dont give them a second look cause every house mom in ATL has a G35. cops dont really like giving tickets to rich women....they prefer to spend that extra time and get a emo street racer in the honda....IDK man lots of things to consider.....if i had the money to buy one of the 3 i dont know what route i would go.....its really that close of a call.....just buy a car and enjoy it for what it is...not because its faster than this car or that car......

G.C
12-31-2009, 11:16 AM
^Ive driven both also and the G is the nicer car.....i mean come on guys.....we are talking v6 vs. 4cyl......the s2000 makes great power with its 4cyl.....it IS faster than Z/G........but its not without its enemys that beat it by just as much as it beats the G/Zs....evos and STI.....cars you will soon hate if you buy the s2k.....

s2k will also get alot more looks from your friendly neighborhood spiderman....the G can just cruise by at crazy speeds and cops dont give them a second look cause every house mom in ATL has a G35. cops dont really like giving tickets to rich women....they prefer to spend that extra time and get a emo street racer in the honda....IDK man lots of things to consider.....if i had the money to buy one of the 3 i dont know what route i would go.....its really that close of a call.....just buy a car and enjoy it for what it is...not because its faster than this car or that car......

Sorry but gtfo. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Elbow
12-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Well I have driven both, and I felt that the G35 was just better all around. more comfortable, feels good, pretty decent handling. Not to take anything from a s2k, but I just dont see what all the hype is about the s2k, im not too impressed by them.

People who have no driving ability usually aren't..

DirtyMechanic
12-31-2009, 01:18 PM

you really should keep your opinions to yourself. because i have a G and cops dont exactly look the other way. you have to be stupid to think otherwise. speeding is speeding. then again cant expect much from a stupid kid.

stormcrow
12-31-2009, 01:34 PM
you really should keep your opinions to yourself. because i have a G and cops dont exactly look the other way. you have to be stupid to think otherwise. speeding is speeding. then again cant expect much from a stupid kid.

ur jus mad cuz u gots a car that every other housewife in atl haz! :blah: ;)

DirtyMechanic
12-31-2009, 01:59 PM
ur jus mad cuz u gots a car that every other housewife in atl haz! :blah: ;)
no.... maybe.... no.... only because now some ricers can afford them...

DamnDisLaOsBoY
12-31-2009, 02:19 PM
I own a S2000 and my GF owns a G35.

- S2000 is cheaper to fix/service.
- S2000 is still more of an import.
- G35 for backseats,heated/powered seats, bose system, etc.
- G35 6cyl is a smooth ride.
- S2000 has less kick to the rear (fish tail)
- G35 got traction control (AP2 s2000 has it as well)
- Convertibles pulls more girls. lol
- G35, dont have to worry about anyone slashing your roof to steal your damn seats!!!
- S2000 cheaper to mod.

Thats about all i can come up with for now. I love my S2000 but sometimes i would wish for a little more room, so i drive my GF's G35 then. I Rather get a G35 tho bc its more of a sport and luxury. Can look good and can go fast. When i was buying my S2000 i woulda bought a G35 if my gf didnt have one. I would still choose it over my S2K.

stormcrow
12-31-2009, 02:22 PM
no.... maybe.... no.... only because now some ricers can afford them...

I hear you on that one. 'tis the reason why I no longer frequent my350z...and one of the reasons that I sold my Z. Got out while the getting was good. *haha*

Time for an upgrade? :) GT-R would suit you well. :)

SandM
12-31-2009, 02:55 PM
haha, Mike in a GTR......

DirtyMechanic
12-31-2009, 06:03 PM
I hear you on that one. 'tis the reason why I no longer frequent my350z...and one of the reasons that I sold my Z. Got out while the getting was good. *haha*

Time for an upgrade? :) GT-R would suit you well. :)i know right.... children litter the place now. but the price of mods are keeping the really bad people away. but a few seem to have enough and still stupid enough to mod them. oh well.... i really dont know what to do for the next car. nothing really impresses me anymore...

gt-r maybe
997 C2S maybe
370z full bolt-ons + project car maybe...

those are the three things im thinking about now. but like i said nothing is impressing me anymore... dont know why.

haha, Mike in a GTR......
:ninja:

stormcrow
12-31-2009, 07:35 PM
i know right.... children litter the place now. but the price of mods are keeping the really bad people away. but a few seem to have enough and still stupid enough to mod them. oh well.... i really dont know what to do for the next car. nothing really impresses me anymore...

gt-r maybe
997 C2S maybe
370z full bolt-ons + project car maybe...

those are the three things im thinking about now. but like i said nothing is impressing me anymore... dont know why.

driven a GT-R yet? trust me, it will impress you.

m3dic8d
12-31-2009, 07:40 PM
Sorry but gtfo. You have no idea what you are talking about.

:lmfao:

Exactly what I was thinking. I feel like my IQ just dropped ~20 points from reading his post

S2000 is still more of an import.

:thinking:

Don't they both come from Japan? :)

djpikachu1
12-31-2009, 11:23 PM

this dude put "we are talking v6 vs. 4cyl......the s2000 makes great power with its 4cyl"

s2k dont have 4cyl

I only driven a g35 and i like how it handles and drives. a mix of luxury and sport. so i cant decide between these 2 cause i havent been in a S2K

djpikachu1
12-31-2009, 11:25 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. I feel like my IQ just dropped ~20 points from reading his post

:thinking:

Don't they both come from Japan? :)

Yes, Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Toyota, I know im leaving some out, so if anybody gets smart GO FUCK URSELF:2up:

sprix!
12-31-2009, 11:43 PM
this dude put "we are talking v6 vs. 4cyl......the s2000 makes great power with its 4cyl"

s2k dont have 4cyl

I only driven a g35 and i like how it handles and drives. a mix of luxury and sport. so i cant decide between these 2 cause i havent been in a S2K

You should really just stop talking now. S2000s don't have 4 cylinders? :screwy:
Have you been smoking and or drinking? Or are you normally this clueless?

BeyondaGrave
01-01-2010, 02:52 AM
I've owned both an 00 AP1 and an 04 Enthusiast. As far as looks go its pretty much personal preference. They both look good if you dont over do it. Comfort wise goes G35/350z>S2k Speed wise the s2k will beat 350/G35, but not by a freaking mile. My s2k was an 00 and the oem radio sucks compared the Z/G. They're all are very reliable and have lots of performance parts. If you plan on boosting go Z/G35 :) Forged Performance are the best with VQ's and are local. Personally I would get a 2007/2008 Z (VQHR Revs up to 7500ish RPM). The exhaust sounds on those VQ's are so damn sexy. The new 370Z does have an upgraded bad ass 3.7L, but its ugly IMO compared to the older models. The new S2k's didn't change that much. The CR is bad ass, but so is the NISMO.

VIP Style
01-01-2010, 09:38 AM
lol uh ok:thinking:
People who have no driving ability usually aren't..

VIP Style
01-01-2010, 09:42 AM
lol i know right, but anyway, the g35 is a much better car IMO because it mixes different elements(sport/luxury) in a appealing way. the s2k is just not all that hot to me, and I could tell just from pushing one to south carolina for one weekend that I would grow tired of it.
You should really just stop talking now. S2000s don't have 4 cylinders? :screwy:

m3dic8d
01-01-2010, 10:53 AM

s2k dont have 4cyl

s2k is an inline 4 brah.

Yes, Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Toyota, I know im leaving some out, so if anybody gets smart GO FUCK URSELF:2up:

I was being smart when I asked if they were both from Japan, seeing as how the guy before me said the s2k was more of an import than the Z :thinking:

I see you're not so great at reading between the lines here, lol

djpikachu1
01-01-2010, 11:21 AM

Honda S2000 have an inline 4cyl engine, do your research, dumbass bastard

djpikachu1
01-01-2010, 11:42 AM
s2k is an inline 4 brah.

I was being smart when I asked if they were both from Japan, seeing as how the guy before me said the s2k was more of an import than the Z :thinking:

I see you're not so great at reading between the lines here, lol

my bad, no im not good at that, more of an import than a Z, yeah i cant sgree with that other guy im with u with that, but thats my opinion

Homer Simpson
01-01-2010, 01:21 PM

he never said it didn't

Elbow
01-01-2010, 03:34 PM

I have and I was unimpressed honestly. It's fast yes, but it feels like a Nissan, doesn't feel special at all, it just didn't tingle my balls like a real car does.

DirtyMechanic
01-01-2010, 04:27 PM
i have. but in any serious spritted driving.

Double_0_Rusty
01-01-2010, 05:04 PM
G and call it a day

stormcrow
01-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I have and I was unimpressed honestly. It's fast yes, but it feels like a Nissan, doesn't feel special at all, it just didn't tingle my balls like a real car does.

I call BS. It feels nothing like any other Nissan made. I know as I have owned every sports car Nissan has produced -even in the Infiniti line. If you have driven a GT-R, it was around the block. *haha*

stormcrow
01-01-2010, 05:21 PM
i have. but in any serious spritted driving.

Let's meet up. I'll let you drive mine. Btw, speak English, man! ;)

Elbow
01-01-2010, 05:33 PM
I call BS. It feels nothing like any other Nissan made. I know as I have owned every sports car Nissan has produced -even in the Infiniti line. If you have driven a GT-R, it was around the block. *haha*

No I've driven it on the back roads around, compared to other cars I've driven and the hype I was disappointed. It's personal preference, it's not even a top ten impressive car. I'd love to try one around the track to really beat it up but it just doesn't suit me driving preferences. Plus they look like shit, no offense.

DirtyMechanic
01-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Let's meet up. I'll let you drive mine. Btw, speak English, man! ;)
ugh.... hangover, broken finger, damage control and not re-reading what type.

i havent done any spritted driving in one yet, is what ment to say.

stormcrow
01-01-2010, 06:09 PM
No I've driven it on the back roads around, compared to other cars I've driven and the hype I was disappointed. It's personal preference, it's not even a top ten impressive car. I'd love to try one around the track to really beat it up but it just doesn't suit me driving preferences. Plus they look like shit, no offense.

There's your problem. Back roads for the GT-R are like "touch & go(s)" for an F-22 Raptor. :) If you ever get to experience one on a track, you will be impressed. This is where it shines.

I don't drive mine to its ability. I have taken it to the north GA mountains and could not even push the car to its limits. It was bitter-sweet as I was impressed with the GT-R's abilities, but I, as the driver, was seemingly not even needed. The car practically drove itself. Honestly, there was a bit of a disconnect there. Where I had to really worry about oversteer in my 600whp 350Z...I didn't even have to think about what the GT-R was going to do. But, on the track, where the car can be brutalized, if you are left unimpressed, then I promise there is no vehicle that will give you satisfaction.

stormcrow
01-01-2010, 06:10 PM
ugh.... hangover, broken finger, damage control and not re-reading what type.

i havent done any spritted driving in one yet, is what ment to say.

"spirited".. ;)

How did I know you'd be hung over? :thinking:

Elbow
01-01-2010, 08:25 PM
There's your problem. Back roads for the GT-R are like "touch & go(s)" for an F-22 Raptor. :) If you ever get to experience one on a track, you will be impressed. This is where it shines.

I don't drive mine to its ability. I have taken it to the north GA mountains and could not even push the car to its limits. It was bitter-sweet as I was impressed with the GT-R's abilities, but I, as the driver, was seemingly not even needed. The car practically drove itself. Honestly, there was a bit of a disconnect there. Where I had to really worry about oversteer in my 600whp 350Z...I didn't even have to think about what the GT-R was going to do. But, on the track, where the car can be brutalized, if you are left unimpressed, then I promise there is no vehicle that will give you satisfaction.

I've driven cars on the track I KNOW would KILL the GTR in speed and satisfaction lol.

One reason I don't like the GTR and most I know who have them don't like them is the fact the do drive themselves in a sense. I like real dealing with oversteer or fixing understeer, etc.

A friend of mine tracks an FD RX-7 regularly it's basically stock minus suspension, he also has a GTR. There is a reason he doesn't track the GTR. ;)

S13_Chody
01-01-2010, 08:50 PM
A friend of mine tracks an FD RX-7 regularly it's basically stock minus suspension, he also has a GTR. There is a reason he doesn't track the GTR. ;)

ummm cuz the 7 cost 70k less?

thats my guess......

Its called a "G" for a reason! get that one!

stormcrow
01-01-2010, 09:15 PM
I've driven cars on the track I KNOW would KILL the GTR in speed and satisfaction lol.

One reason I don't like the GTR and most I know who have them don't like them is the fact the do drive themselves in a sense. I like real dealing with oversteer or fixing understeer, etc.

I enjoy the connection with the car, as well. This is the reason why I stated that the North GA mountains can't push the car to my satisfaction. But, that is my fault. If I would take her to the track, I would enjoy her much more.

Please do tell me which cars you have driven that would "KILL" the GT-R on the track? There are very few that are capable of such...and these have to be very highly modified. Again, I said OEM vs. OEM. I promise you can't name a car that would "KILL" the GT-R on the track that is an OEM production car. :)

As for your friend...I bet the reason he doesn't track his GT-R is two-fold. 1) the cost of doing so is ridiculous as far as maintenance goes. And unless he has a hook-up with a shop that performs aftermarket GT-R work, then he is reliant upon a Nissan dealership...which means, of course, big $$$...or... 2) he doesn't want to damage his GT-R.

btw, what is the name of your friend? I know pretty much all GT-R owners in the Atlanta area and I know plenty around the world from NAGTROC. We are a tight-knit community.

Elbow
01-02-2010, 07:06 AM
I enjoy the connection with the car, as well. This is the reason why I stated that the North GA mountains can't push the car to my satisfaction. But, that is my fault. If I would take her to the track, I would enjoy her much more.

Please do tell me which cars you have driven that would "KILL" the GT-R on the track? There are very few that are capable of such...and these have to be very highly modified. Again, I said OEM vs. OEM. I promise you can't name a car that would "KILL" the GT-R on the track that is an OEM production car. :)

As for your friend...I bet the reason he doesn't track his GT-R is two-fold. 1) the cost of doing so is ridiculous as far as maintenance goes. And unless he has a hook-up with a shop that performs aftermarket GT-R work, then he is reliant upon a Nissan dealership...which means, of course, big $$$...or... 2) he doesn't want to damage his GT-R.

btw, what is the name of your friend? I know pretty much all GT-R owners in the Atlanta area and I know plenty around the world from NAGTROC. We are a tight-knit community.

I'm not speaking of OEM but 911-GT3 Cup, Radical, etc. Actual track cars. I am willing to bet though many could outrun a GTR in a ZR1, ACR Viper, GT3RS, etc. With the right drivers, I work almost every event at Road Atlanta and see tons of GTR's on track, with much faster cars passing them. It's all driver skill and from the looks it takes confidence to trust the GTR's electronic aids. The GTR's specs and reviews sound great, but in the real world they don't always stack up.

His name is Jonathon I don't want to mention last names for obvious reasons especially on IA lol.

He's tracked it a few times and just said it's not fun, cost definitely isn't an issue for him, as it shouldn't be to anyone who buys an expensive car.

Lets run your car at the track, I will be the instructor and let me do a few laps.:goodjob:

stormcrow
01-02-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm not speaking of OEM but 911-GT3 Cup, Radical, etc. Actual track cars. I am willing to bet though many could outrun a GTR in a ZR1, ACR Viper, GT3RS, etc. With the right drivers, I work almost every event at Road Atlanta and see tons of GTR's on track, with much faster cars passing them. It's all driver skill and from the looks it takes confidence to trust the GTR's electronic aids. The GTR's specs and reviews sound great, but in the real world they don't always stack up.

His name is Jonathon I don't want to mention last names for obvious reasons especially on IA lol.

He's tracked it a few times and just said it's not fun, cost definitely isn't an issue for him, as it shouldn't be to anyone who buys an expensive car.

Lets run your car at the track, I will be the instructor and let me do a few laps.:goodjob:

I agree it is about driver skill. But, the GT-R is a tool and gives any driver better equipment to work with than (again) any other factory produced car. Put the same driver in the ACR, ZR1, GT3RS, or any other limited production car as the GT-R and the driver will turn better lap times in the GT-R. The cars you see getting passed are owners like myself who are out there to have fun...not pushing their cars...and are just enjoying the track.

Tune up a GT-R like Forged Performance, GOTO Racing, and Fontana Nissan have done and put a professional driver in them (nothing against Sharif's, Bobby's or Mike's driving skills) with Hoosiers strapped on and you have some of the best lap times at any track. Heck, Sharif has the second fastest lap time ever (beat only by .01 second) at Little Talladega. GOTO Racing's unlimited Time Attack GT-R posted the fastest top speed at Auto Club Speedway and, as far as lap times are concerned, was right on the heels of the AMS unlimited EVO and FX unlimited NSX. And both of those cars are Frankensteins designed and built for nothing but chewing up the track. No expense spared and longevity isn't a consideration.

The GT-R has not only proven itself in this arena, but all of them are still using the factory GR6 transmission and stock block VR38DETT. If you aren't impressed by this, then, again, there is not much that can impress you.

Jonathon...Super Silver, right? If not, I don't think I know him.

As far as me putting mine on the track...I am contemplating this as I have been told numerous times that I will never truly enjoy the car until I do. And I am beginning to believe these people. The only caveat is that I have an addictive personality and I already spend very little time with other hobbies as it is. *haha*

sprix!
01-02-2010, 03:33 PM
I probably should just ignore this post, but I can't. You are the idiot that said that S2000s don't have 4 cylinders.
As far as the research goes, I don't need to do it. I have owned an AP1 and I have an AP2 sitting outside right now.
Again, you should stop talking now.

Elbow
01-02-2010, 04:06 PM
I agree it is about driver skill. But, the GT-R is a tool and gives any driver better equipment to work with than (again) any other factory produced car. Put the same driver in the ACR, ZR1, GT3RS, or any other limited production car as the GT-R and the driver will turn better lap times in the GT-R. The cars you see getting passed are owners like myself who are out there to have fun...not pushing their cars...and are just enjoying the track.

Tune up a GT-R like Forged Performance, GOTO Racing, and Fontana Nissan have done and put a professional driver in them (nothing against Sharif's, Bobby's or Mike's driving skills) with Hoosiers strapped on and you have some of the best lap times at any track. Heck, Sharif has the second fastest lap time ever (beat only by .01 second) at Little Talladega. GOTO Racing's unlimited Time Attack GT-R posted the fastest top speed at Auto Club Speedway and, as far as lap times are concerned, was right on the heels of the AMS unlimited EVO and FX unlimited NSX. And both of those cars are Frankensteins designed and built for nothing but chewing up the track. No expense spared and longevity isn't a consideration.

The GT-R has not only proven itself in this arena, but all of them are still using the factory GR6 transmission and stock block VR38DETT. If you aren't impressed by this, then, again, there is not much that can impress you.

Jonathon...Super Silver, right? If not, I don't think I know him.

As far as me putting mine on the track...I am contemplating this as I have been told numerous times that I will never truly enjoy the car until I do. And I am beginning to believe these people. The only caveat is that I have an addictive personality and I already spend very little time with other hobbies as it is. *haha*

It's a quick car yes, but you're holding the standards too high for it. :goodjob: I've seen pro drivers run in a GTR then in say a ZR1 and the ZR1 was faster. The GTR does have lots of electronic gizmos, that's what I and many others dislike about the car, I personally drive better then a GTR's computer. ;)

stormcrow
01-02-2010, 05:12 PM
It's a quick car yes, but you're holding the standards too high for it. :goodjob: I've seen pro drivers run in a GTR then in say a ZR1 and the ZR1 was faster. The GTR does have lots of electronic gizmos, that's what I and many others dislike about the car, I personally drive better then a GTR's computer. ;)

You dislike technology? Ok. But, if you knew anything about the GT-R, you would know that those "gizmos" are actually a detriment when trying to make the car fast. With the GT-R, the days of typical power-adders are over.

Debating racing the GT-R with someone who doesn't even understand the technology is boring.

When you run better lap times than Sharif Abdelbasset, Brian Lock or Mike Cronnin, Jr. let me know. :)

SandM
01-04-2010, 07:08 AM
You dislike technology? Ok. But, if you knew anything about the GT-R, you would know that those "gizmos" are actually a detriment when trying to make the car fast. With the GT-R, the days of typical power-adders are over.

simon, like a lot of people i know, including myself, don't like the added technology because these additions take away from the driver connection to a car. not saying that these don't help the car go faster, because it's true... but they make the car go faster than you know how to drive it because every little move has already been calculated out for you.

S2KJD
01-04-2010, 08:15 AM
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/9905/twog352yh.jpg

the black g35 is pure sex :goodjob:

Elbow
01-04-2010, 08:54 AM

Debating racing the GT-R with someone who doesn't even understand the technology is boring.

When you run better lap times than Sharif Abdelbasset, Brian Lock or Mike Cronnin, Jr. let me know. :)

I've done faster times in cars then any new GTR at Road Atlanta, obviosuly the cars weren't stock and I haven't driven a stock car out there that is comparable to the GTR.

I clearly understand the technology behind it, but I don't like it, there is too much. It changes the way I drive cars.

Don't be close minded just because you own a GTR, I don't know any GTR owners who really LOVE the car and most are selling theirs for something more worthy.

djpikachu1
01-04-2010, 11:17 AM
I probably should just ignore this post, but I can't. You are the idiot that said that S2000s don't have 4 cylinders.
As far as the research goes, I don't need to do it. I have owned an AP1 and I have an AP2 sitting outside right now.
Again, you should stop talking now.

You should go fuck yourself:lmfao: I own this and this AND. I made a mistake and corrected myself. I really dont want to brag but im 19 now and at 18 I bought a house and own to civics and ur grown ass is talking about owning such and such, grown broke bastard:lmfao:its sad how you people are making this a big deal:(

xxbckiexx
01-04-2010, 11:27 AM

Arguing with simon about cars is like arguing with a 5 year old about pokemon cards. He knows "everything" about all cars, and has or knows someone that has "every car". He has driven "every car" and is only impressed by cars that do not have a JDM badge attached, unless of course it's a miata.

tony
01-04-2010, 11:50 AM
I really dont want to brag

Then don't, if you are on that level then let it be.

DirtyMechanic
01-04-2010, 01:01 PM
You should go fuck yourself:lmfao: I own this and this AND. I made a mistake and corrected myself. I really dont want to brag but im 19 now and at 18 I bought a house and own to civics and ur grown ass is talking about owning such and such, grown broke bastard:lmfao:its sad how you people are making this a big deal:(
look at yourself.:goodjob:

5speed
01-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Arguing with simon about cars is like arguing with a 5 year old about pokemon cards. He knows "everything" about all cars, and has or knows someone that has "every car". He has driven "every car" and is only impressed by cars that do not have a JDM badge attached, unless of course it's a miata.
LOL, I have thought of that one myself. I am not gonna say Simon is lying but I will say I want some Video or proof of Lap times at Road A. I always heard that he were a great driver...but only coming from him. No one else has ever backed him up on that one. Just curious to see where this goes.

DirtyMechanic
01-04-2010, 01:09 PM
this is true simon is gods gift to the automotive industry. he knows everything about everything about every car.

stormcrow
01-04-2010, 01:55 PM
simon, like a lot of people i know, including myself, don't like the added technology because these additions take away from the driver connection to a car. not saying that these don't help the car go faster, because it's true... but they make the car go faster than you know how to drive it because every little move has already been calculated out for you.

this is true...to a point. i have already mentioned my disconnect with the GT-R vs. the heavily modified 350Z that i had... but, this doesn't discount the fact that there are a lot of myths about the technology in the GT-R and what it does for a driver, as well as, the lack of knowledge about how the technology actually hinders a driver when they truly want to make the car a track monster and divert from stock.

stormcrow
01-04-2010, 02:00 PM
I've done faster times in cars then any new GTR at Road Atlanta, obviosuly the cars weren't stock and I haven't driven a stock car out there that is comparable to the GTR.

I clearly understand the technology behind it, but I don't like it, there is too much. It changes the way I drive cars.

Don't be close minded just because you own a GTR, I don't know any GTR owners who really LOVE the car and most are selling theirs for something more worthy.

i don't think myself close-minded at all... quite the contrary. i have posted my truest of feelings about the GT-R and its capabilities.

btw, proof of these times would be nice. :)

i am beginning to see this. :) it is true that most people hate what the GT-R has accomplished and the green-eyed monster tends to rear its ugly head when speaking of the car...especially from those whom are European or American Muscle fanbois.

Elbow
01-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Why do people think I hate Japanese cars? I've only owned four European cars the rest were all Japanese. I hate riced out Jap cars, the typical JDM fan boy Rota/eBay spring Civics, and the fake drift kids. Anything else goes. If it's fast, looks good, etc I like it, who cares what it's from?

I can name 20 people on this site who have seen me drive, never said I was the best driver, but if a Porsche race car can't beat a GTR something is wrong. Why is that hard to believe?

Can't post lap times last time I checked they don't print lap times at track days however you're more then welcome to come out next time I'm out and ride along.

As for Miatas, I still laugh at the Miata comments, I had a Miata track car, now I'm gay.

Elbow
01-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Oh and I am the Kenny Powers of the automotive world.

DirtyMechanic
01-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Why do people think I hate Japanese cars? I've only owned four European cars the rest were all Japanese. I hate riced out Jap cars, the typical JDM fan boy Rota/eBay spring Civics, and the fake drift kids. Anything else goes. If it's fast, looks good, etc I like it, who cares what it's from?

I can name 20 people on this site who have seen me drive, never said I was the best driver, but if a Porsche race car can't beat a GTR something is wrong. Why is that hard to believe?

Can't post lap times last time I checked they don't print lap times at track days however you're more then welcome to come out next time I'm out and ride along.

As for Miatas, I still laugh at the Miata comments, I had a Miata track car, now I'm gay.
if the shoe fits.... why do you get so butt hurt everytime i say anything remotely negitive about you. always have to neg rep me like it means something... apparently to you reps means everything to you.

DirtyMechanic
01-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Oh and I am the Kenny Powers of the automotive world.
who?:thinking:

5speed
01-04-2010, 02:19 PM
I think he meant Kenny Rogers

Elbow
01-04-2010, 02:21 PM

Kenny Powers...LOL...from Eastbound and Down.

http://www.bearotic.com/img/2009/02/eastbound-n-down-kenny-powers.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOcQhqrqdpI

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I don't care what you say ABOUT ME, it's just every time you see me say anything you say the same thing over and over again. I only negative rep people who say something about it, I'm a little bitch looking for a reaction. :cheers:

stormcrow
01-04-2010, 02:22 PM

every track day event i have been to, they post and print times.. :dunno:

are you just doing HPDEs or something?

Elbow
01-04-2010, 02:25 PM
every track day event i have been to, they post and print times.. :dunno:

are you just doing HPDEs or something?

Chin doesn't, MVP doesn't, NASA doesn't, SCCA doesn't, BMW doesn't, PCA doesn't...who are you using? :lmfao:

Maybe if you're tracking at tiny tracks like Lil Tally or something but I've yet to see timing at Road Atlanta or any large tracks, you run a transponder at track days? :???:

As for "HPDE or something" that IS A TRACK DAY...no difference, but to answer no, I've only done one HPDE (which is NASA's term for a track day lol)

stormcrow
01-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Chin doesn't, MVP doesn't, NASA doesn't, SCCA doesn't, BMW doesn't, PCA doesn't...who are you using? :lmfao:

Maybe if you're tracking at tiny tracks like Lil Tally or something but I've yet to see timing at Road Atlanta or any large tracks, you run a transponder at track days? :???:

As for "HPDE or something" that IS A TRACK DAY...no difference, but to answer no, I've only done one HPDE (which is NASA's term for a track day lol)

ever hear of a little thing called Time Attack? :)

Elbow
01-04-2010, 02:29 PM
ever hear of a little thing called Time Attack? :)

Yes, I have! Been to them many times.

That's not a track day though so...:thinking:

5speed
01-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Kenny Powers...LOL...from Eastbound and Down.

http://www.bearotic.com/img/2009/02/eastbound-n-down-kenny-powers.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOcQhqrqdpI

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I don't care what you say ABOUT ME, it's just every time you see me say anything you say the same thing over and over again. I only negative rep people who say something about it, I'm a little bitch looking for a reaction. :cheers:
LOL, that guy is hilarious!

Elbow
01-04-2010, 02:32 PM
LOL, that guy is hilarious!

I know haha I love that show. :lmfao:

xxbckiexx
01-04-2010, 02:46 PM

Why is it wrong if a porsche race car can't beat a GTR? The GTR was made to outshine porsche.. so it'd actually be the other way around, it'd be wrong if the GTR didn't beat the porsche you trifling dolt. Here is a classic example of you not knowing what the fuck you're talking about. You're unbelievable. You couldn't find your ass with a 10 man search party.

DirtyMechanic
01-04-2010, 02:47 PM
now i want to watch smokey and the bandit....

DirtyMechanic
01-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Why is it wrong if a porsche race car can't beat a GTR? The GTR was made to outshine porsche.. so it'd actually be the other way around, it'd be wrong if the GTR didn't beat the porsche you trifling dolt. Here is a classic example of you not knowing what the fuck you're talking about. You're unbelievable. You couldn't find your ass with a 10 man search party.
woo woo woo there is a big difference betweent a gtr and a porsche race car. you cant compare a street car to a race car. now if he was talking about sat a gt3 gt2 or turbo 911 then i would hope they would be close and most likely up to the driver alone. but not a race car to a street car.

yes i know the gt-r was made to beat the porsche porsche turbo around the ring not a porsche race car.... :goodjob:

Elbow
01-04-2010, 02:49 PM

Um a stock GTR shouldn't beat a GT3 Cup car.

For instance a GT3 Cup car runs 1:26's or so at Road Atlanta.

The fastest time attack track record for NASA at Road Atlanta is a 1:25...it's a Radical...no GTR on the list.

You're comparing a full slick tired race car to a street car. A GTR was meant to beat a 911 turbo, which it did, that's not what we're comparing.

Now who's the dumb ass? :???:

stormcrow
01-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Yes, I have! Been to them many times.

That's not a track day though so...:thinking:

you missed the word "event". but, i still consider it a track day. my point was the time slips. i'll let you borrow a transponder...i need to see faster times than any GT-R. :)

stormcrow
01-04-2010, 02:53 PM

i don't care what the content of this post...this made me LOL in real life! my co-workers were like WTF?

Elbow
01-04-2010, 02:55 PM
you missed the word "event". but, i still consider it a track day. my point was the time slips. i'll let you borrow a transponder...i need to see faster times than any GT-R. :)

Ok, well that's a competition.

Big difference, obviously they time TIME ATTACK. That's like questioning if they time you at an autocross. Most track days won't even allow the use of a transponder.

Tell me which event you're doing and I will gladly prove you cars can beat a GTR.

xxbckiexx
01-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Um a stock GTR shouldn't beat a GT3 Cup car.

For instance a GT3 Cup car runs 1:26's or so at Road Atlanta.

The fastest time attack track record for NASA at Road Atlanta is a 1:25...it's a Radical...no GTR on the list.

You're comparing a full slick tired race car to a street car. A GTR was meant to beat a 911 turbo, which it did, that's not what we're comparing.

Now who's the dumb ass? :???:

You are still the dumbass. Why are you comparing a fully stripped race car to a street legal bone stock down to the tires daily driver? I would hope a GT3 cup car would win against a STOCK GTR. Do the same mods to a GTR and see what happens.

Elbow
01-04-2010, 02:57 PM
You are still the dumbass. Why are you comparing a fully stripped race car to a street legal bone stock down to the tires daily driver? I would hope a GT3 cup car would win against a STOCK GTR. Do the same mods to a GTR and see what happens.

I wasn't comparing them, YOU WERE. He asked what I had driven that could beat a GTR and I replied that and noted obviously it's a race car and there isn't a comparison and I hadn't driven a stock car to compare to the GTR.

Elbow
01-04-2010, 02:58 PM
As for GTR's at Road Atlanta, what do the Forged guys run? Low 1:30's? 1:32's or something? That's with mods.

xxbckiexx
01-04-2010, 03:01 PM

Big difference, obviously they time TIME ATTACK. That's like questioning if they time you at an autocross. Most track days won't even allow the use of a transponder.

Tell me which event you're doing and I will gladly prove you cars can beat a GTR.

you've completely missed the entire point of his argument. it's like you just looked at the screen, drooled, and then started typing the same shit you've typed 15 times without taking into account anything he's said. NO GOD DAMN SHIT there's cars on the fucking track that can BEAT A GTR. ACR VIPER, ZR1 vette (with the right driver). The list goes on. If you don't like a car, you immediately discount it's credibility of being something that it really is. oh, well an ACR $110,000 vehicle can beat a $60,000 NISSAN GTR, so the GTR is mclame bro. It's not even good, it only set record times at the ring, i mean, my miata can do that. Brah, i wasn't even impressed with the 500+ hp and the fact that it breaks necks around curves. Jeremy clarkson of all people THREW OUT HIS NECK driving a GTR because it hugged so well. Yes the guy exaggerates, but for good reason. He HATES nissan and he gave props to nissan for making an amazing machine. So has the rest of the automotive industry EXCEPT of course porsche, who called shenanigans, because THEY couldn't produce the same time around the ring that everyone else could. Take your fist, out of your ass, and put it in your mouth. No one cares about your biased, malinformed shit eating dick breath theories/opinions.

YEA THE FERRARI SCUDERIA IS BAD ASS, BUT THERE'S CARS THAT BEAT IT, SO IT'S A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY, I MEAN, FUCKIN FERRARI ,WHAT WERE THEY THINKING CHARGING 400K FOR THAT? I COULD RACE OUT A HONDA AND MAKE IT JUST AS FAST ON THE TRACK.

Elbow
01-04-2010, 03:04 PM
you've completely missed the entire point of his argument. it's like you just looked at the screen, drooled, and then started typing the same shit you've typed 15 times without taking into account anything he's said. NO GOD DAMN SHIT there's cars on the fucking track that can BEAT A GTR. ACR VIPER, ZR1 vette (with the right driver). The list goes on. If you don't like a car, you immediately discount it's credibility of being something that it really is. oh, well an ACR $110,000 vehicle can beat a $60,000 NISSAN GTR, so the GTR is mclame bro. It's not even good, it only set record times at the ring, i mean, my miata can do that. Brah, i wasn't even impressed with the 500+ hp and the fact that it breaks necks around curves. Jeremy clarkson of all people THREW OUT HIS NECK driving a GTR because it hugged so well. Yes the guy exaggerates, but for good reason. He HATES nissan and he gave props to nissan for making an amazing machine. So has the rest of the automotive industry EXCEPT of course porsche, who called shenanigans, because THEY couldn't produce the same time around the ring that everyone else could. Take your fist, out of your ass, and put it in your mouth. No one cares about your biased, malinformed shit eating dick breath theories/opinions.

YEA THE FERRARI SCUDERIA IS BAD ASS, BUT THERE'S CARS THAT BEAT IT, SO IT'S A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY, I MEAN, FUCKIN FERRARI ,WHAT WERE THEY THINKING CHARGING 400K FOR THAT? I COULD RACE OUT A HONDA AND MAKE IT JUST AS FAST ON THE TRACK.

You just said a lot of what I said and the GTR owner disagreed with. You're a fucking idiot. You don't read what people are even talking about you just jump in a conversation or quote my replies to other people. Go e-thug another section, tubby.

BTW if you believe Clarkson really threw his neck out you just added to his hatred for America lol. I never said GTR's weren't fast or couldn't handle well, I said there are better cars as the GTR owner here made it seem as if nothing stock could beat a GTR. They're quick, handle well if that's really handling, but there is quicker without the electronic BS.

xxbckiexx
01-04-2010, 03:09 PM
You just said a lot of what I said and the GTR owner disagreed with. You're a fucking idiot. You don't read what people are even talking about you just jump in a conversation or quote my replies to other people. Go e-thug another section, tubby.

BTW if you believe Clarkson really threw his neck out you just added to his hatred for America lol. I never said GTR's weren't fast or couldn't handle well, I said there are better cars as the GTR owner here made it seem as if nothing stock could beat a GTR. They're quick, handle well if that's really handling, but there is quicker without the electronic BS.

for the price range, and for ANYONE to step into a car and get a good time ,there is not anything quicker. Including the ACR and the ZR1. You put any average joe inall 3 of those and i gaurantee the only car that even finishes is the GTR. They would spin out, and wreck an ACR/ZR1 if they aren't extremely good drivers. I read everything, you just like to be a fan boy, and you do nothing but say how great you are and everything you drive is. In the price range stock for stock, there is nothing that even comes close to the GTR. You can make modifactions to the GTR and it will outrun even the ZR1 and the ACR, that's fact. As i sifted through the verbal atrocity that is your posts, i was at a loss to find anything that made any sense. Your whole argument that the GTR isn't that good is based off the fact that fully raced out porsches put down better lap times.

Elbow
01-04-2010, 03:21 PM
for the price range, and for ANYONE to step into a car and get a good time ,there is not anything quicker. Including the ACR and the ZR1. You put any average joe inall 3 of those and i gaurantee the only car that even finishes is the GTR. They would spin out, and wreck an ACR/ZR1 if they aren't extremely good drivers. I read everything, you just like to be a fan boy, and you do nothing but say how great you are and everything you drive is. In the price range stock for stock, there is nothing that even comes close to the GTR. You can make modifactions to the GTR and it will outrun even the ZR1 and the ACR, that's fact. As i sifted through the verbal atrocity that is your posts, i was at a loss to find anything that made any sense. Your whole argument that the GTR isn't that good is based off the fact that fully raced out porsches put down better lap times.

No shit anyone would be faster in a GTR...you're saying things I've posted, so what exactly are you trying to prove other then your're a complete dumb ass? :thinking: I've never said I'm the best driver or overly great, never said anything I drive is better then anything else, I'm just stating my personal experiences. Show me a GTR go faster then the rest around Road Atlanta and then we can talk, because I've yet to see it. :goodjob:

xxbckiexx
01-04-2010, 03:33 PM
No shit anyone would be faster in a GTR...you're saying things I've posted, so what exactly are you trying to prove other then your're a complete dumb ass? :thinking: I've never said I'm the best driver or overly great, never said anything I drive is better then anything else, I'm just stating my personal experiences. Show me a GTR go faster then the rest around Road Atlanta and then we can talk, because I've yet to see it. :goodjob:

So the RING doesn't count as a good enough track to prove it's fast on? Or any other tarck in america or otherwise? It has to perform better than the cars YOU drive at road atlanta for it to be considered a good car in your eyes? That is without a doubt the most neandrethalic statement i've ever heard.

Elbow
01-04-2010, 03:37 PM
So the RING doesn't count as a good enough track to prove it's fast on? Or any other tarck in america or otherwise? It has to perform better than the cars YOU drive at road atlanta for it to be considered a good car in your eyes? That is without a doubt the most neandrethalic statement i've ever heard.

I'm not even discussing the whole GTR Ring BS again, there were 3984993 threads on that.

Please tell me you're kidding...IN THIS THREAD NOBODY COMPARED THE GTR TO ANYTHING I'VE DRIVEN OR AM DRIVING, ONLY YOU BROUGHT UP A RACE CAR VS A STREET CAR.

Road Atlanta is the best track in this area, I am there for every event and have seen tons of GTR's none of which were as fast as their leg humpers think. So until you all figure out why or make one so stupid fast as you mention, then shut the fuck up. You're making NO SENSE, you didn't read this thread, you're talking straight out of your ass. :no:

xxbckiexx
01-04-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm not even discussing the whole GTR Ring BS again, there were 3984993 threads on that.

Please tell me you're kidding...IN THIS THREAD NOBODY COMPARED THE GTR TO ANYTHING I'VE DRIVEN OR AM DRIVING, ONLY YOU BROUGHT UP A RACE CAR VS A STREET CAR.

Road Atlanta is the best track in this area, I am there for every event and have seen tons of GTR's none of which were as fast as their leg humpers think. So until you all figure out why or make one so stupid fast as you mention, then shut the fuck up. You're making NO SENSE, you didn't read this thread, you're talking straight out of your ass. :no:

YOU SAID A RACE CUP GT3 VS A GTR. NOT ME CHAMP. REMOVE HEAD FROM SPHINCTER.

THERE ARE A 100 GTRS RUNNING THE STUPID FAST TIMES AT ALL THE OTHER TRACKS. NO ONE HAS TAKEN A GTR TO A TIME ATTACK EVENT AND TRIED TO GET A GOOD TIME, ON RECORD. SO CLEARLY THERE IS NOT RECORD OF A GTR AT ROAD ATLANTA. HOWEVER THERE IS ONE WITH IT AT THE MOST FAMOUS TRACK IN IN THE WORLD WHICH ALL OTHER CAR COMPANIES USE AS A STANDARD, THE RING. AND IT DID EXCEPTIONALLY WELL THERE. BUT I GUESS THAT DOESN'T MAKE A BIT OF DIFFERENCE CUZ YOU DIDN'T SEE IT HAPPEN AT ROAD ATLANTA. YOU ARE QUITE POSSIBLY THE BIGGEST DIPSHIT TO SET FOOT ON THE PLANET. YOU WASTE THE AIR YOU BREATHE. I THINK YOU EXHALE OUT OF YOUR ASS.

Elbow
01-04-2010, 03:44 PM
YOU SAID A RACE CUP GT3 VS A GTR. NOT ME CHAMP. REMOVE HEAD FROM SPHINCTER.

Holy shit you're a moron..re read from when we started talking GTR and get back to me, READ THE WHOLE THING, not pick out single words. That's what you've done in every thread you talk in, you see random things then post some shit about words you saw not making ANY sense of what you're talking about.

stormcrow
01-04-2010, 04:27 PM

you are calling other member here "dumbasses" for not reading and yet you insinuate that i have stated that no cars can be a GT-R? really? :screwy:

let me spell it out for you... OEM Stock vs. OEM Stock there is no other PRODUCTION car that will beat the GT-Rs times. the ACR is not a production car... the ZR1 has already been beaten...granted they have revamped the dampners and the fight is on...but, their times are not yet faster. Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche...their production cars have yet to beat the GT-Rs times...

And honestly? I HOPE they do! i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this competition... in a time where most cars are being detuned to save fuel and the planet, i absolutely adore the fact that there are horsepower and race wars going on!

As for GTR's at Road Atlanta, what do the Forged guys run? Low 1:30's? 1:32's or something? That's with mods.

i am not sure what Sharif's lowest times are... i could certainly find out. but, Sharif's car runs modified and not unlimited in Time Attack. his car is not highly modified. it's running roughly 19psi and 500awhp. yes, he has JRZ triples, but he runs TOYO R888s and not slicks. hopefully this year Redline will make it out to more East Coast events and one of them will be at Road Atlanta... you will see some real bad ass cars then. and probably some track records. those unlimited guys don't play.

SandM
01-04-2010, 04:51 PM
so guys........... since the GTR is obviously better than the S2000 and G35, lets kinda get back on topic. This has turned into another GTR controversy thread......

Elbow
01-04-2010, 05:12 PM
you are calling other member here "dumbasses" for not reading and yet you insinuate that i have stated that no cars can be a GT-R? really? :screwy:

let me spell it out for you... OEM Stock vs. OEM Stock there is no other PRODUCTION car that will beat the GT-Rs times. the ACR is not a production car... the ZR1 has already been beaten...granted they have revamped the dampners and the fight is on...but, their times are not yet faster. Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche...their production cars have yet to beat the GT-Rs times...

And honestly? I HOPE they do! i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this competition... in a time where most cars are being detuned to save fuel and the planet, i absolutely adore the fact that there are horsepower and race wars going on!

i am not sure what Sharif's lowest times are... i could certainly find out. but, Sharif's car runs modified and not unlimited in Time Attack. his car is not highly modified. it's running roughly 19psi and 500awhp. yes, he has JRZ triples, but he runs TOYO R888s and not slicks. hopefully this year Redline will make it out to more East Coast events and one of them will be at Road Atlanta... you will see some real bad ass cars then. and probably some track records. those unlimited guys don't play.

How can you PROVE no production car can beat a GTR? $50 me versus you me in a GT3 Porsche you in your GTR I'd beat you. Like I say I have yet to see in REAL LIFE a GTR dominate cars at a track day and such.

I am speaking of NASA time attack where Sharif also runs in. I've seen Redline many times, sure there are balls out fast cars, but they aren't all GTR's so what's your point there? Redline won't come to Road Atlanta either. I wish they would but I highly doubt they do.

500awhp is no slouch of a car. :screwy: Last I remember he was in the 1:3* zone.

You aren't understanding this debate because you're a GTR fan boy, you think the GTR is god and dominates the automotive world when it's just a fast car with a PS3 attached to it's chassis.

Elbow
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
so guys........... since the GTR is obviously better than the S2000 and G35, lets kinda get back on topic. This has turned into another GTR controversy thread......

Threads closed S2K G35 boy find another way home!

stormcrow
01-04-2010, 06:53 PM
How can you PROVE no production car can beat a GTR? $50 me versus you me in a GT3 Porsche you in your GTR I'd beat you. Like I say I have yet to see in REAL LIFE a GTR dominate cars at a track day and such.

I am speaking of NASA time attack where Sharif also runs in. I've seen Redline many times, sure there are balls out fast cars, but they aren't all GTR's so what's your point there? Redline won't come to Road Atlanta either. I wish they would but I highly doubt they do.

500awhp is no slouch of a car. :screwy: Last I remember he was in the 1:3* zone.

You aren't understanding this debate because you're a GTR fan boy, you think the GTR is god and dominates the automotive world when it's just a fast car with a PS3 attached to it's chassis.

there really is no debate here because you still have yet to grasp my point of view... your arguments of that of the straw-man type... e.g.:

1 - saying that you could beat my times with you driving a GT3 and me driving my GT-R. there is no debating this...i am not a track person. you could beat my GT-R times in a Yugo.

2 - saying that i am a GT-R fanboy and that i think it will beat all cars. as stated multiple times in this thread, i am not of this opinion... my equivalent was that of OEM vs. OEM car with same driver and his/her lap times. i am all about comparing apples to apples.

i will happily continue debating you when you steer clear of the straw-man arguments. :)

one final thought - i am fairly decent acquaintances with the Redline board... i am voting for Road Atlanta, so we shall see... and when i speak of the unlimited cars, because we were speaking of the GT-R, i was, of course, referencing the GOTO Racing GT-R and Fontana Nissan's GT-R...both will race in the Unlimited class and both will set times that will astonish you.

Yes, apologies to the OP for taking his thread so far off topic. My vote is for the G35.

Elbow
01-04-2010, 07:43 PM
there really is no debate here because you still have yet to grasp my point of view... your arguments of that of the straw-man type... e.g.:

1 - saying that you could beat my times with you driving a GT3 and me driving my GT-R. there is no debating this...i am not a track person. you could beat my GT-R times in a Yugo.

2 - saying that i am a GT-R fanboy and that i think it will beat all cars. as stated multiple times in this thread, i am not of this opinion... my equivalent was that of OEM vs. OEM car with same driver and his/her lap times. i am all about comparing apples to apples.

i will happily continue debating you when you steer clear of the straw-man arguments. :)

one final thought - i am fairly decent acquaintances with the Redline board... i am voting for Road Atlanta, so we shall see... and when i speak of the unlimited cars, because we were speaking of the GT-R, i was, of course, referencing the GOTO Racing GT-R and Fontana Nissan's GT-R...both will race in the Unlimited class and both will set times that will astonish you.

Yes, apologies to the OP for taking his thread so far off topic. My vote is for the G35.

I'm aware of both those cars, astonish? No, they do exactly what I'd expect them to do with that type of build.

If they run under 1:20's at Road Atlanta then I will be happy.

jmotley
01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
get what you want..either a nice g35 or nice s2000 will cost over 10k so look at the features that stick out the most to you and make a good choice, both hold their value pretty well and s2k's will go up now that they discontinued em. also i know i wouldn't want to spend 12k on a car then look back and see that i wanted the other. so glwb lol

deliriouzmc
01-04-2010, 09:14 PM
drivers car s2k hands down
g35 kinda fun and look good
350z and s2k are better to compare imo

5speed
01-04-2010, 11:48 PM

Wrong, I work motorcycle events all the time and never met you lol

claybird
01-05-2010, 12:19 AM
i like the g better but the s2k is bettter all around to me

DirtyMechanic
01-05-2010, 04:10 AM
I'm aware of both those cars, astonish? No, they do exactly what I'd expect them to do with that type of build.

If they run under 1:20's at Road Atlanta then I will be happy. sharif was doing 1.36 bone stock. and will was doing easy 1:32 with coil overs r888s exhaust and a tune... which gave him if i remember 464awhp... this was also Wills first time out on RA.:goodjob:

get what you want..either a nice g35 or nice s2000 will cost over 10k so look at the features that stick out the most to you and make a good choice, both hold their value pretty well and s2k's will go up now that they discontinued em. also i know i wouldn't want to spend 12k on a car then look back and see that i wanted the other. so glwb lol
just because the discontinue a model doesnt mean the price goes up... it will be very very far from not that a s2k price will go up... they are not rare, they never will be. even 80's cars prices are going up as much as you think.

Elbow
01-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Wrong, I work motorcycle events all the time and never met you lol

Only motorcycle event I work is AMA. I use to work all the Schwantz schools but since he's gone obviously that isn't happening anymore.

5speed
01-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Only motorcycle event I work is AMA. I use to work all the Schwantz schools but since he's gone obviously that isn't happening anymore.
Haha, yeah I was just messing with ya. I have worked AMA once there. He hated it at Barber for awhile, bc he didnt have free reign like at RA. But George has chilled a good bit so now he likes it a lot there. I dont do car events for RA, I might in the future since I am getting licensed to work for IRL. Havent done much car stuff really. Just the past three years of Grand AM and Porsche School and Mustang Club, and a few others here and there. Barber is basically my home track since I go there the most.

Elbow
01-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Haha, yeah I was just messing with ya. I have worked AMA once there. He hated it at Barber for awhile, bc he didnt have free reign like at RA. But George has chilled a good bit so now he likes it a lot there. I dont do car events for RA, I might in the future since I am getting licensed to work for IRL. Havent done much car stuff really. Just the past three years of Grand AM and Porsche School and Mustang Club, and a few others here and there. Barber is basically my home track since I go there the most.

Cool, yeah I miss the Schwantz school he was always fun to work with. I've never worked SCCA weekends or anything just whatever the track offers, getting paid to watch racing ftw. :goodjob: lol

5speed
01-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Cool, yeah I miss the Schwantz school he was always fun to work with. I've never worked SCCA weekends or anything just whatever the track offers, getting paid to watch racing ftw. :goodjob: lol
EXACTLY!!! Plus I got a lot of friends out there, so it's nice to have their back. :cheers: Reps to CW's

Elbow
01-05-2010, 02:50 PM
EXACTLY!!! Plus I got a lot of friends out there, so it's nice to have their back. :cheers: Reps to CW's

Yeah you get to meet a lot of cool people and working test days and such see some cool things. I also think it can help driving as well, working so much at Road Atlanta I have seen almost any imaginable line and screw up every section of the track, you learn from others mistakes and learn from the fastest.

5speed
01-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Yeah you get to meet a lot of cool people and working test days and such see some cool things. I also think it can help driving as well, working so much at Road Atlanta I have seen almost any imaginable line and screw up every section of the track, you learn from others mistakes and learn from the fastest.
Yeah, it will def help you see the best lines and what happens where. I always work station 10-12 at RA. I have been doing the motorcycle stuff for 4 yrs and have learned so much about the tracks I work. There are somethings you will notice working on a station that you would never realize driving or riding a bike. It could be a matter of moving just a couple of inches in any direction and it could change your times pretty well...with bikes though ofcourse

Elbow
01-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Yeah, it will def help you see the best lines and what happens where. I always work station 10-12 at RA. I have been doing the motorcycle stuff for 4 yrs and have learned so much about the tracks I work. There are somethings you will notice working on a station that you would never realize driving or riding a bike. It could be a matter of moving just a couple of inches in any direction and it could change your times pretty well...with bikes though ofcourse

Yeah, even with cars looking at the track from different prospectives will help out a lot. Especially at a turn like 7 you really see how elevated it is and wide it is.

I've worked every turn my favorite is probably 11 or 7.

5speed
01-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Yeah, even with cars looking at the track from different prospectives will help out a lot. Especially at a turn like 7 you really see how elevated it is and wide it is.

I've worked every turn my favorite is probably 11 or 7.
I have worked all of them also. I hate 2,6, and 9. If I have an injury or if my knees are doing bad then I go to 8 or 9A. Are we the only Corner Marshals on IA? I work for FBF BTW.

Elbow
01-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I have worked all of them also. I hate 2,6, and 9. If I have an injury or if my knees are doing bad then I go to 8 or 9A. Are we the only Corner Marshals on IA? I work for FBF BTW.

2 sucks, 6 I like because it's kind of chill and good close up to the cars/bikes lol. I worked AMA there a few times. I've only worked 9 twice, it's so boring lol. Usually the same guy works 9 for Road Atlanta because he's so familiar with the black flags and all.

I just work for Road Atlanta, so any test days, track days, etc I work and AMA brings some Road Atlanta people in.

I think there are a couple NASA guys on here who flag/work.

5speed
01-06-2010, 12:49 AM
2 sucks, 6 I like because it's kind of chill and good close up to the cars/bikes lol. I worked AMA there a few times. I've only worked 9 twice, it's so boring lol. Usually the same guy works 9 for Road Atlanta because he's so familiar with the black flags and all.

I just work for Road Atlanta, so any test days, track days, etc I work and AMA brings some Road Atlanta people in.

I think there are a couple NASA guys on here who flag/work.
Cool. I think FBF got a contract with AMA for RA now. They have been in the works for having a contract with AMA everywhere in the states and also working on having some of us train people for World SuperBike and a few car clubs want us to go where ever they go lol. Plus pay is going up this year.

Elbow
01-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Cool. I think FBF got a contract with AMA for RA now. They have been in the works for having a contract with AMA everywhere in the states and also working on having some of us train people for World SuperBike and a few car clubs want us to go where ever they go lol. Plus pay is going up this year.

What are you all getting paid? Maybe I should look into it lol.

I didn't even plan on working AMA this year, last year sucked, this year should be even worse. (racing wise)

stormcrow
01-06-2010, 08:30 AM
holy OT. maybe a PM guys? :)

SandM
01-06-2010, 03:24 PM
this is definately the best thread ever......

5speed
01-06-2010, 04:09 PM
holy OT. maybe a PM guys? :)
LOL, I thought about that earlier but that takes longer lol

ueyedgr8tness
01-06-2010, 07:37 PM
holy smoke this thread has alot of info from alot of different ppl in here i do like this kinda of car talk... carry on :)

5speed
01-06-2010, 11:01 PM
holy smoke this thread has alot of info from alot of different ppl in here i do like this kinda of car talk... carry on :)
It is interesting but nothing to do with the OP. Kinda like a whoreslounge for car talk lol

G35 is my decision now

ueyedgr8tness
01-12-2010, 04:43 PM
^ i like it thoe alot of good points,and i am kinda wanting to hear more about the 350z over the s2k now just because i couldn't see me or my wife taking a g35 to the mtn's for fun:(

stormcrow
01-12-2010, 07:58 PM
^ i like it thoe alot of good points,and i am kinda wanting to hear more about the 350z over the s2k now just because i couldn't see me or my wife taking a g35 to the mtn's for fun:(

just purchase a GT-R and be done with it. ;)

DirtyMechanic
01-13-2010, 02:57 AM
^ i like it thoe alot of good points,and i am kinda wanting to hear more about the 350z over the s2k now just because i couldn't see me or my wife taking a g35 to the mtn's for fun:( there is nothing wrong with either in the mtns... i have not issues in the mtn... i find the G doesnt want to swap ends as quick as the Z. very more neutral feel.

just purchase a GT-R and be done with it. ;)
hey fucking ricer.. stop speeding up and donw old milton on my side of 400... stay on your fucked up POS side ok thanks... fucking ricer.:taun:

ps i saw you driving to the hospital around 12:30ish...

stormcrow
01-13-2010, 09:29 AM
there is nothing wrong with either in the mtns... i have not issues in the mtn... i find the G doesnt want to swap ends as quick as the Z. very more neutral feel.

hey fucking ricer.. stop speeding up and donw old milton on my side of 400... stay on your fucked up POS side ok thanks... fucking ricer.:taun:

ps i saw you driving to the hospital around 12:30ish...

i think we live on the same side now, peen huffer.

when did you see me? you couldn't blow the horn to say "oh, hai"? what were you off to the hospital for? to get the jealousy removed from your butt after seeing my GT-R? :yes:

Elbow
01-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Only thing I do after seeing a GTR is throw up and then jack off to a Pinto to get the ugly POS out of my head.

DirtyMechanic
01-13-2010, 02:06 PM
i think we live on the same side now, peen huffer.

when did you see me? you couldn't blow the horn to say "oh, hai"? what were you off to the hospital for? to get the jealousy removed from your butt after seeing my GT-R? :yes:you just crossed over 400 or got off 400 from 400north bound. right in from of the texaco and waho traffic light. you were in the far right lane... light turned green and you went for it, moved over at least one lane. oh and it wasnt around noon. it was around 430... i was in a friends trailblazer headed to firehouse on mansell. you definitely didnt see me. i saw a gt-r at the light and was like ohh a gt-r.. though it was black because of the light angle. then when the light turned green and you moved and started to pass i saw it was red.. and had bronze rims.. then i said i know that SOB what is he doing on this side of town?

Only thing I do after seeing a GTR is throw up and then jack off to a Pinto to get the ugly POS out of my head.
hi simon.

Elbow
01-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Hey, sup?

stormcrow
01-13-2010, 03:39 PM
you just crossed over 400 or got off 400 from 400north bound. right in from of the texaco and waho traffic light. you were in the far right lane... light turned green and you went for it, moved over at least one lane. oh and it wasnt around noon. it was around 430... i was in a friends trailblazer headed to firehouse on mansell. you definitely didnt see me. i saw a gt-r at the light and was like ohh a gt-r.. though it was black because of the light angle. then when the light turned green and you moved and started to pass i saw it was red.. and had bronze rims.. then i said i know that SOB what is he doing on this side of town?

you didn't know i moved. i forgot. i live near jonesbridge and states bridge. :) and yeah, i hate that light. now that you are cawk-blawked by the poles up keeping that lane moving, people don't want to let you over so you don't have to make the obligatory right hand turn. this is where 0-60 on the GT-R comes into play. :)

SandM
01-13-2010, 03:48 PM
aww, you guys should go out sometime now that you know you live near each other..... very short drive of shame in the morning :)

DirtyMechanic
01-13-2010, 03:50 PM
you didn't know i moved. i forgot. i live near jonesbridge and states bridge. :) and yeah, i hate that light. now that you are cawk-blawked by the poles up keeping that lane moving, people don't want to let you over so you don't have to make the obligatory right hand turn. this is where 0-60 on the GT-R comes into play. :) yeah didnt see you launch it... but still seems uber slow from that light. i think that caravan almost kept up.:taun:

aww, you guys should go out sometime now that you know you live near each other..... very short drive of shame in the morning :)
lol funny i told you hes not my type. to bald... no hair to grab onto.

stormcrow
01-13-2010, 04:56 PM
yeah didnt see you launch it... but still seems uber slow from that light. i think that caravan almost kept up.:taun:

then, you should have no issue taking me. :) race for pinks you say? ok, if you insist. :D

stormcrow
01-13-2010, 04:57 PM

there is no shame in doing the Dirty Mechanic. :idb:

SandM
01-14-2010, 07:13 AM
lol funny i told you hes not my type. to bald... no hair to grab onto.

i see conflicting stories here... :screwy:

DirtyMechanic
01-14-2010, 10:37 AM
then, you should have no issue taking me. :) race for pinks you say? ok, if you insist. :D umm care to take that to the mountains you still chicken shit to drive taht car hard?:taun:

i see conflicting stories here... :screwy:

this is true i am the nice guy. but im sorry nothing has happened or ever will... paul you know my type so both of you:2up:

:taun:

MustangSVT
01-29-2010, 12:58 AM
g35 is alot faster and look better

Elbow
01-29-2010, 07:08 AM
No not really.

Why is there a Integra in your avatar? A Mustang screen name. Then your phone number in your sig?

AnthonyF
01-29-2010, 07:49 AM
umm care to take that to the mountains you still chicken shit to drive taht car hard?:taun:

this is true i am the nice guy. but im sorry nothing has happened or ever will... paul you know my type so both of you:2up:

:taun:

OH SNAP! The DM has called the over rated Nissan out to the mtns! :goodjob::goodjob: Hopefully SOON I will have something that is AWD and go up there with you. ;)

-Ant.

JDMEG6HATCH
01-29-2010, 08:26 AM
[g35 is alot faster and look better ]...really??

quarter mile times

2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6.2 14.8
2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5.5 14.2
2004 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan 6.2 14.6
2003 Infiniti G35 6.2 14.7 (R&T July ‘02)

2000 Honda S2000 5.5 14.2
2003 Honda S2000 6.3 14.6 (Manual)
2004 Honda S2000 5.8 14.2 (MT Mar ‘04)

get your facts straight buddy...no hate on g35's but I would choose a s2k over a g35 anyday, but that's just me

S2KJD
01-29-2010, 08:40 AM
stock s2k's can get into the high 13's.

i like the g35's but i still love the rawness of the s2k. If i want to go fast i want to feel that im going fast not like im sitting on clouds and could sleep through the experience :D

JDMEG6HATCH
01-29-2010, 08:48 AM
hell yeah!!!..i smoke g35's with my s2k..it all depends on driver really...both cars are nice either way...but 9k FTW

S2KJD
01-29-2010, 08:51 AM
yeah drivers race and in the end both nice cars. either decision isnt a "bad" one...

AnthonyF
01-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Well, I will actually contribute to this thread b/c I like stay_up. Both cars a very nice. I feel the 2nd gen G35 is a much nicer vehicle than the S2k. The S2k is quicker in almost every aspect but you are limited on what you can do with it as a DD. The G35 can fit 4 people, more leg and head room and it's nowhere near as noisy. s2k owners, don't get all pissy, but the G35 has a bit more "class" to it and doesn't scream out "street racer" as much.

-Ant.

AnthonyF
01-29-2010, 09:14 AM
get your facts straight buddy...no hate on g35's but I would choose a s2k over a g35 anyday, but that's just meComing from a guy with a list of shitty vehicles listed in your sig. Your opinion sucks.

-Ant.

SandM
01-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Well, I will actually contribute to this thread b/c I like stay_up. Both cars a very nice. I feel the 2nd gen G35 is a much nicer vehicle than the S2k. The S2k is quicker in almost every aspect but you are limited on what you can do with it as a DD. The G35 can fit 4 people, more leg and head room and it's nowhere near as noisy. s2k owners, don't get all pissy, but the G35 has a bit more "class" to it and doesn't scream out "street racer" as much.

-Ant.

i own an S2K and I approve this message

JDMEG6HATCH
01-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Coming from a guy with a list of shitty vehicles listed in your sig. Your opinion sucks.

-Ant.

wow...so offensive..shitty vehicles...haha way to assume that all my vehicles are shitty. Have you seen any of my vehicles??...yeah they are mostly honda's but that is what i prefer

I really don't care what people think about my opinion..stop hating others for what they think...if you don't like that others think than don't say anything...

i just think your jealous you don't have all the cars i have...hahaha

Elbow
01-29-2010, 11:25 AM
wow...so offensive..shitty vehicles...haha way to assume that all my vehicles are shitty. Have you seen any of my vehicles??...yeah they are mostly honda's but that is what i prefer

I really don't care what people think about my opinion..stop hating others for what they think...if you don't like that others think than don't say anything...

Yeah, looks like a real long list to be jealous of alright. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

JDMEG6HATCH
01-29-2010, 11:30 AM
hey man i think 4 cars is pretty decent. Most people only have one vehicle, but it doesn't matter how many cars I have.
For a college student, i think I'm doing quite fine

Elbow
01-29-2010, 11:35 AM
hey man i think 4 cars is pretty decent. Most people only have one vehicle, but it doesn't matter how many cars I have.
For a college student, i think I'm doing quite fine

Having four cars doesn't mean a thing when they're $2000 cars. :lmfao:

I'd rather have one nice car then four dump boxes.

JDMEG6HATCH
01-29-2010, 11:40 AM
haha you don't even know the value of my cars

97 prelude sh mint condition with 40k on motor..still 2k value?

92 cx hatch ...with built (....) motor i guess that should go for 2k two

2007 s2000..mint condition.... with hardtop.....umm that should go for 2k too

94 2jz sc300....new white paint..fresh 2jz swap...umm.. that is definitely worth 2k too

hey if you think my cars are crappy, i don't care hahaha

5speed
01-29-2010, 11:44 AM

94 2jz sc300....new white paint..fresh 2jz swap...umm.. that is definitely worth 2k too

hey if you think my cars are crappy, i don't care hahaha

Sounds good to me...just sayin

AnthonyF
01-29-2010, 11:46 AM
i own an S2K and I approve this messageThere we go. Looks like we have a lot of non biased m'fers in here. :goodjob:`

wow...so offensive..shitty vehicles...haha way to assume that all my vehicles are shitty. Have you seen any of my vehicles??...yeah they are mostly honda's but that is what i preferHow can I be offended by making fun of you?

I really don't care what people think about my opinion..stop hating others for what they think...if you don't like that others think than don't say anything...if you didn't care, you would list all the cars in your sig, then explain yourself in other posts why YOU think they are "awesome."

i just think your jealous you don't have all the cars i have...hahaha1. HAD. 2. Not a chance.

Yeah, looks like a real long list to be jealous of alright. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:+42

For a college student, i think I'm doing quite fineAgain, your opinion isn't worth 2 shits..or in this case, two shitty cars in your list.

-Ant.

JDMEG6HATCH
01-29-2010, 11:47 AM
haha appreciate it man :)

JDMEG6HATCH
01-29-2010, 11:50 AM
okay let's just drop this..i'll be the better person in this situation and just leave..not worth try to prove anything ..peace

5speed
01-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Umm... has the OP even chosen yet. It shouldnt take that long to decide with the information given here and info that can be found on other sites. If not then I doubt he could even afford either one of them.

DirtyMechanic
01-29-2010, 02:35 PM
OH SNAP! The DM has called the over rated Nissan out to the mtns! :goodjob::goodjob: Hopefully SOON I will have something that is AWD and go up there with you. ;)

-Ant.woo woo woo... are you sure you want to come up to the mtns... didnt think mustang owners could turn.:taun: no need for you to fall off and maybe fall in a lake or something like jamil...:lmfao:

hell yeah!!!..i smoke g35's with my s2k..it all depends on driver really...both cars are nice either way...but 9k FTWlets go play

-Ant.i own a G35 and i approve of this post.

same could go to you... why have the need to defend yourself. if you dont care.

Having four cars doesn't mean a thing when they're $2000 cars. :lmfao:

I'd rather have one nice car then four dump boxes.wow i think we can put our differences behind each other now. because this post... win.

hey if you think my cars are crappy, i don't care hahahaprelude --- doesnt matter how many on the motor... how many on the chassis... 170k? naw.... still 2k.

CX---- its a 92 cx hatch.. doesnt matter whats under the hood. hamster, gerbil, V8-i4 still a 92 cx hatch.

94 2jz no shit... id have to see pics of this awesome super duper white new paint. im sure you have taken photos like everyone does here after a fresh paint on a old pos SC...

ps pics with 2jz swap...:goodjob:

07 sk2.. congrates welcome to the real world with a car payment... now keep that 9-5 and pay that car note. no need to get it repo'd... but you wouldnt care you have 3 other cars you can drive.

Umm... has the OP even chosen yet. It shouldnt take that long to decide with the information given here and info that can be found on other sites. If not then I doubt he could even afford either one of them.
kind of a bold statement for someone you dont know. ignorant really. just shows who you are.

5speed
01-29-2010, 03:24 PM
kind of a bold statement for someone you dont know. ignorant really. just shows who you are.

I didnt mean anything by it. Just saying that people might have the means to do it and then something may happen to keep them from being able to afford it. I was in that situation so wondered if that was the case. There isnt any ignorance in that.

ueyedgr8tness
01-29-2010, 03:41 PM
I didnt mean anything by it. Just saying that people might have the means to do it and then something may happen to keep them from being able to afford it. I was in that situation so wondered if that was the case. There isnt any ignorance in that.

I get a good LOL! out of your dumbass post by the way:yes: I am sure the ppl that no me got a good laugh out of that dumb post.I have seen alot of good pointers in this thread concerning the cars i posted.But i am very interested in getting 1 myself,but when i posted the thread i was doing it for my brolaw who end up getting the z,thats why i did't post again so thanks anyway:tongue1:

P.s the title was going to be evo vs 350z vs g35 vs sti but he drove the sti and did not like it then he drove a evo8 that was abused because it was making a noise,so he said fuck it and picked up a 1 owner z.

5speed
01-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Ahhh...gotcha thats cool man. I went back and checked out your past rides and builds after I made that post and see that you def could afford it. I dont how anybody could take it in a bad way but its all good.:D

ueyedgr8tness
01-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Ahhh...gotcha thats cool man. I went back and checked out your past rides and builds after I made that post and see that you def could afford it. I dont how anybody could take it in a bad way but its all good.:D

im not rich by any means,but i am blessed to have a wife that makes my dreams come true:cheers:I def not your IA dreamer and i do not get in over my head,but i do want a s2k or z But now that my brolaw got the z i might go s2k after i get another house this yr.At the end of the day its IA i take nothing serious on here.But i have loved the response i got off the thread i learned alot:goodjob:

5speed
01-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Yep, there was some pretty good info here. I was looking into getting an s2000 around the time this was posted so it helped alot but then wasnt given the job I was told I was hired for, bitches flaked out. I had and still have another job and could still get it, just being responsible and not jumping into it. I didnt mean to be malicious or anything by my post. Got a neg rep out of it though. lol

ueyedgr8tness
01-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Yep, there was some pretty good info here. I was looking into getting an s2000 around the time this was posted so it helped alot but then wasnt given the job I was told I was hired for, bitches flaked out. I had and still have another job and could still get it, just being responsible and not jumping into it. I didnt mean to be malicious or anything by my post. Got a neg rep out of it though. lol

that neg will be + in due time.But i feel u on the job issue.I had a good job last yr and then we just bottomed out.after buying the wife a murano,aviator and now the is300 in 09 alone i left very little funds for me a s2k so i am having to wait till i get my house because i am not sure how much i want to put down yet,now that i am makin hr wage now:cry:

The only thing i don't like about the s2k is the soft top.I just don't no if i want to take the risk of some 1 cutting it,then i would have to get a hardtop and that cost way more than i care to spend:yes:

5speed
01-29-2010, 04:20 PM
that neg will be + in due time.But i feel u on the job issue.I had a good job last yr and then we just bottomed out.after buying the wife a murano,aviator and now the is300 in 09 alone i left very little funds for me a s2k so i am having to wait till i get my house because i am not sure how much i want to put down yet,now that i am makin hr wage now:cry:

The only thing i don't like about the s2k is the soft top.I just don't no if i want to take the risk of some 1 cutting it,then i would have to get a hardtop and that cost way more than i care to spend:yes:

Yea, I def understand that. I was gonna go hardtop. I wouldnt want to risk it getting cut either. My old Miata got cut 3 times then I decided to sell bc I was sick and tired of replacing it.

ATK_Designs
01-29-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm poor. One day, I hope to afford either a G35 or a S2K.

ueyedgr8tness
01-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Yea, I def understand that. I was gonna go hardtop. I wouldnt want to risk it getting cut either. My old Miata got cut 3 times then I decided to sell bc I was sick and tired of replacing it.

damn screw that,i had a vert stang and a little branch fell out of a tree and punctured i replaced it then sold the car and said no more verts:crazy:

s2k and g35's are dropping in price.But with the economy going down the tube it still makes it hard for alot of us to buy a decent car:yes:

5speed
01-29-2010, 06:38 PM
damn screw that,i had a vert stang and a little branch fell out of a tree and punctured i replaced it then sold the car and said no more verts:crazy:

s2k and g35's are dropping in price.But with the economy going down the tube it still makes it hard for alot of us to buy a decent car:yes:

It sure does. I will be looking for another vehicle soon. Good thing it isnt too hard to find an s2000 unmolested though. I have decided to just lower what I will spend to about $8k and just make a nice reliable DD. I think I will save the detailed builds for when I am doing better off. I am just about to get married and dont want to run myself in a hole and not being able to afford buying a house. Especially when are ridiculously good deals these days.

ueyedgr8tness
01-29-2010, 09:47 PM
It sure does. I will be looking for another vehicle soon. Good thing it isnt too hard to find an s2000 unmolested though. I have decided to just lower what I will spend to about $8k and just make a nice reliable DD. I think I will save the detailed builds for when I am doing better off. I am just about to get married and dont want to run myself in a hole and not being able to afford buying a house. Especially when are ridiculously good deals these days.

^ u sir are correct.I just got married a little bit over a yr ago and man it changes everything.But i am looking forward to getting another house this yr because those deals out there are jaw dropping:yes:And congrats on the wed wish u guy's the best,just don't have kids for awhile=more car parts:lmfao:atleast that is what i tell my wife everytime she wants a kid.I go by another car and say,"look babe we can't afford a kid i just got another car." lol!!

5speed
01-29-2010, 10:06 PM
^ u sir are correct.I just got married a little bit over a yr ago and man it changes everything.But i am looking forward to getting another house this yr because those deals out there are jaw dropping:yes:And congrats on the wed wish u guy's the best,just don't have kids for awhile=more car parts:lmfao:atleast that is what i tell my wife everytime she wants a kid.I go by another car and say,"look babe we can't afford a kid i just got another car." lol!!
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: I will keep that in mind. We dont plan on having kids until I we are 25-28, but there is no guarantee. Thanks alot, I appreciate it.

1SikMax
02-01-2010, 08:19 AM
G35 good DD, S2000 good weekend car.