PDA

View Full Version : So my car broke a good friend tonight

Tbird_guy
10-23-2005, 03:05 AM
pulling the motor out of the bird for a rebuild and some much needed upgrades, and as we are hoisting the motor out...my friend hits the boom lever on the hoist, causing the motor to crush his wrist against the radiator support, the hoist wasn't jacking up. so after thirty seconds of trying to jack the motor off his wrist and freaking out, I got an adrenaline rush and lifted the motor off his hand...I know it wasn't my fault, but damn I feel bad about it.

BTW, it did actually break his wrist, he goes in for surgery in the morning... :( :( :(

Pher
10-23-2005, 03:42 AM
That sucks.

DrivenMind
10-23-2005, 05:15 AM
I don't know if you've met my friend Harrison, but we were inside the garage working on my friends 240. Harrison was outback on the porch changing the rear end in his AE86, without the front tires calked. The car rolled forward pinning his wrist in between the jack-stand and rear end snapping it. From inside the garage we hear screaming and run out side to find the rear end of the entire corolla (no tires were on the back) sitting on Harrisons chest. We literally lifted the car off him, and I drove him to the hospital later.

Bishop
10-23-2005, 08:21 AM
damn that sucks

Kevykev
10-23-2005, 08:45 AM
ahh man, sucks to here that.

5thgcelica
10-23-2005, 09:28 AM
ouch. that really sucks. sorry to hear that. atleast nothing worse happened!

speedminded
10-23-2005, 09:39 AM
ugh, that sucks....it's just a valve you turn to lower the boom right? And it wouldn't raise back up bc the valve was turned open by someone?

:ttiwwp:

Buford®
10-23-2005, 10:44 PM
ugh, that sucks....it's just a valve you turn to lower the boom right? And it wouldn't raise back up bc the valve was turned open by someone?

:ttiwwp:

Remember a certain socket incident?

Buford®
10-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope make makes a swift recovery.

neontuner95
10-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Omg damn I can imagine how painful that is! Hope dudes operation goes well and he recovers well!

kilpatty43
10-23-2005, 10:51 PM
ouchy...hope he feels better

EG BTER
10-23-2005, 11:08 PM

ya he hit the lever with his back causeing the boom and motor to slide forward, that made the whole hoist roll into the front of the car which in turn lifted the lever for the jack and rendered it useless...he is alright the rest the bones this mornin

Stormhammer
10-23-2005, 11:17 PM
you got to love scars left by working on cars

i have an ugly one on my hand from cutting on my 1972 Dodge Charger... plasma cutter was cutting hot metal... my right hand slipped and hit that metal edge... beautiful too, cause it severed a vein ( or artery or whatever you want to call it )

The Golden Child
10-24-2005, 10:47 AM
thats why i leave the works to the professionals ..

speedminded
10-24-2005, 10:53 AM
thats why i leave the works to the professionals ..What makes you a professional is remaining calm in those situations, things are gonna happen no matter how good you are or how long you've been doing it...i couldn't even begin to tell you the stuff i've seen from living on a farm for 15 years and working on cars for even longer.

Kelly_Rene
10-24-2005, 11:37 AM
ouchys i hope he gets better soon.

Stormhammer
10-24-2005, 11:38 AM
What makes you a professional is remaining calm in those situations, things are gonna happen no matter how good you are or how long you've been doing it...i couldn't even begin to tell you the stuff i've seen from living on a farm for 15 years and working on cars for even longer.

hm, seen people workin on sheeps or cows? :D lol jk

speedminded
10-24-2005, 11:55 AM
hm, seen people workin on sheeps or cows? :D lol jklol, nooo sheep and definitely not "workin" on them like that....but nothing funny about having your arm elbow deep in cow checking to see if it's prolapsing, or cutting off a baby bulls junk to make him a steer...or how about dehorning a cow and before you can sear it blood is spraying 15 feet and it's shaking it's head around and screaming. Then once you do get it seared the smell of burning flesh, blood, and hair is just nasty. wow, just a little off topic...on that note, i'm going to lunch :)

The Golden Child
10-24-2005, 03:42 PM
lol, nooo sheep and definitely not "workin" on them like that....but nothing funny about having your arm elbow deep in cow checking to see if it's prolapsing, or cutting off a baby bulls junk to make him a steer...or how about dehorning a cow and before you can sear it blood is spraying 15 feet and it's shaking it's head around and screaming. Then once you do get it seared the smell of burning flesh, blood, and hair is just nasty. wow, just a little off topic...on that note, i'm going to lunch :)

i bet ur arm was smelling for months .. :)

Speedm0(\)key
10-24-2005, 05:52 PM
lol, nooo sheep and definitely not "workin" on them like that....but nothing funny about having your arm elbow deep in cow checking to see if it's prolapsing, or cutting off a baby bulls junk to make him a steer...or how about dehorning a cow and before you can sear it blood is spraying 15 feet and it's shaking it's head around and screaming. Then once you do get it seared the smell of burning flesh, blood, and hair is just nasty. wow, just a little off topic...on that note, i'm going to lunch :)

from now on.. i should call you Speedminded.. the cow rapist

speedminded
10-24-2005, 06:04 PM
nooo, i never did it...!!! Thats what vets get paid to do and they wear the arm length gloves for that shit. no way i could do it...i mean, i can take care of a sick animal but then you go home and eat a steak? There's a point where what is the point of saving a cows life if you're just gonna go home and eat another cow? Doesn't make alot of sense to me...

ss_impala61
10-24-2005, 10:31 PM
that shit hurts the whole dropping the motor on the wrist yeah

fawk_you
10-24-2005, 11:28 PM
How are you holding up man?

RISKYB
10-25-2005, 10:39 AM
best wishes for a speedy recovery

ŁG2♣
10-25-2005, 12:14 PM
damn that sucks, will that be his last time touching a motor? OUCH that shyt gotta hurt i can already imagine that happen to me lol