PDA

View Full Version : General Chat JDM Mustang?

Jason..
12-15-2009, 12:19 PM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/pts/1504509736.html
1997 Ford Mustang GT - Japanese Domestic Market Export Vehicle - Imported to US in 2005... Asking $8,000...

This is the only JDM mustang imported into the US. It is the rare Thacine hue, a metallic purple three stage paint scheme. This car is loaded with every factory option available. It has many features that are exclusive to export cars, to include:

Amber Rear Turn Signals
Folding Side Mirrors
Factory Installed Fender Mounted Turn Signals
Factory Installed Fender Flares
Dealer Installed Xenon Aero Kit

Speedometer and odometer read in kilometers. The car has 132,000 km (approximately 80,000 miles). Runs great. Everything works.

This vehicle is also loaded with the following aftermarket parts:
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
BBK 70mm Throttle Body
BBK Cold-Air Intake
Ford Racing 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires
MAC Prochamber mid-pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back System
Steeda Sport Springs
Summit Racing 8.8 Rear End Girdle w/ Differential Supports
Kenny Brown Subframe Connectors/Jacking Rails/Support Brace

Finally, it is equipped with original Ford Cobra R wheels in chrome. 17x9 with 245/45R17 wheels.

Never heard of this.Is it legit?

PURP
12-15-2009, 12:22 PM
lagit??

:facepalm:

FAM0U5
12-15-2009, 12:23 PM
wtf..

Jason..
12-15-2009, 12:24 PM
lagit??

:facepalm:
Fixed lol

5speed
12-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Im not sure if that one is JDM, but yes they do exist.

EDIT:About 2000 Mustangs were exported to Japan from 94-04. All were automatic(except Cobra) and they had their own spec, just as a 240sx here has its own specs compared to Silvia.

Nemesis
12-15-2009, 12:39 PM
HEY IVE GOT AMBER CORNERS!

JDM4 life.

*goes to shop for a password JDM decal*

Jason..
12-15-2009, 12:43 PM

EDIT:About 2000 Mustangs were exported to Japan from 94-04. All were automatic(except Cobra) and they had their own spec, just as a 240sx here has its own specs compared to Silvia.
Are they RHD?

thepolecat
12-15-2009, 12:45 PM
daymn JDM TYTE yO!

Doppelgänger
12-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Yeah... it probably came from Canada where speedometers are in kph.

5speed
12-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah... it probably came from Canada where speedometers are in kph.
I bet it is, I am not sure if they are RHD. I would think so. I do not know the info about it all, I just researched it a little, and found I guy who imported one to the States lol

Master Shake
12-15-2009, 04:55 PM

EDIT:About 2000 Mustangs were exported to Japan from 94-04. All were automatic(except Cobra) and they had their own spec, just as a 240sx here has its own specs compared to Silvia.with the highlighted part, please explain how its "JDM" if the car was first EXPORTED before being brought back to the states.

cause it seems to me this is just another mustang that was taken from the states, to japan, and now being brought back to the states.

5speed
12-15-2009, 05:06 PM
That is essentially what it is, made here and/or Canada, but had different specs than those of a USDM. I'm not a big fan of Mustangs to begin with so I don't know much. Technically that makes it unable to be JDM, but more like built elsewhere specifically for the Japan market. I know it is kind of confusing.

Published: Feb 7, 1994 by NYTimes

The Ford Motor Company says it will begin building its redesigned Mustang for export to Japan this week. Ford said last week that it planned to ship 3,000 Mustangs this year, more than half of the total of all models it exported to Japan last year. The Mustangs will have left-side steering wheels, although the Japanese drive on the left side of the road as the British do.

So that clears the RHD question, just haven't found the other specs though my friend who worked at Ford tells me they are different.

Master Shake
12-15-2009, 05:08 PM
That is essentially what it is, made here and/or Canada, but had different specs than those of a USDM. I'm not a big fan of Mustangs to begin with so I don't know much. Technically that makes it unable to be JDM, but more like built elsewhere specifically for the Japan market. I know it is kind of confusing.

Published: Feb 7, 1994 by NYTimes

The Ford Motor Company says it will begin building its redesigned Mustang for export to Japan this week. Ford said last week that it planned to ship 3,000 Mustangs this year, more than half of the total of all models it exported to Japan last year. The Mustangs will have left-side steering wheels, although the Japanese drive on the left side of the road as the British do.

So that clears the RHD question, just haven't found the other specs though my friend who worked at Ford tells me they are different.
so when it comes down to it.....its just a Limited Edition. kinda like the SVT cars, just in a lot smaller numbers.

5speed
12-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Pretty much, just not really that Special. It shouldn't effect value in a good way

Master Shake
12-15-2009, 05:11 PM
therefore completely ruling out the JDM, its just a limited edition mustang.

5speed
12-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Yep, end of discussion.

wwli
12-21-2009, 02:27 PM
JDM mustang.....LMAO

Imagine the vehicle tax for this thing in Japan....OMG that shit is like super expensive since they charge based on the engine displacement

see..

Shaken is a compulsory safety inspection, which cars in Japan have to undergo every two years, except new cars, for which the first inspection is not due until three years after purchase. The shaken typically costs between 100,000 and 200,000 yen, and besides the actual inspection includes a weight tax (typically 8,000 to 50,000 yen) and a mandatory insurance (about 30,000 yen).

Since the mandatory insurance does not provide full coverage, it is recommended to purchase additional, optional car insurance. Furthermore, there is an annual automobile tax (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2206.html), which depends on the engine size and is typically between 10,000 and 50,000 Yen, and an acquisition tax to be paid when you buy the car.
When acquiring a car, numerous documents have to be filled out, including forms to register your car and to verify ownership of a parking space. If you buy a used car, the process is further complicated by forms regulating the transfer of ownership.

alpine_aw11
12-21-2009, 04:42 PM
If it's made specifically for sale in Japan doesn't that kinda make it JDM? Or does the domestic part mean it has to be made in Japan initially? That's confusing. But regardless a "JDM" Mustang probably isn't any better than a USDM one. Just like Japanese car makers send us the shitty version sometimes.