PDA

View Full Version : Sports Texas vs Bama.

Greddypacked
12-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Well what can I say I called this game a long time ago. I know most people are going for Bama but me im going for Texas. Going to be a nice one. What's your call!?

Master Shake
12-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Texas. Bama is my least liked team.

i will pull for any team in the entire College Football League before i pulled for Bama.

mm2654
12-15-2009, 09:20 AM
I think bama will take this one fairly easily, Texas has struggled against the only two good defenses they have played and neither one was as good as bama's. On the other side of the ball I don't think Texas will be able to stop bama's run game. I would also give the advantage in the special teams area because of Arenas. The biggest thing will be that bama will control the clock just like they did against Florida and McCoy wont be able to get into any kind of rhythm

mmmmpsi
12-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Texas..

Bama are going the have the Heisman syndrome and think they are unbeatable.. Texas is the real deal and are going to take this.. Either way I just hope it's a good game!!

bowdown201
12-15-2009, 09:56 AM
I like both teams but I think Bama will take it fairly easy. Texas hasnt impressed me too much this year like Bama has.

bigdare23
12-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Texas..

Bama are going the have the Heisman syndrome and think they are unbeatable.. Texas is the real deal and are going to take this.. Either way I just hope it's a good game!!

How can you say Texas is a real deal when they BARELY won their conference?!? I used to like Texas, but over the season they seem like they have became weaker.

I say Alabama by 2 touchdowns.

NewGen33
12-15-2009, 10:04 AM
I want Texas to win only because there in the BIG12. If Bama does win I won't mind there one SEC team I can stand.

BanginJimmy
12-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Texas big. Against Florida, the bama pass D was horrible. McCoy will be able to exploit that when Tebow couldn't.

Before anyone bings up McCoy's poor performance against Nebraska, remember that McCoy was under constant pressure by Suh and the other teckle. Bama won't be able to get nearly as much pessure on McCoy without blitzing.

bdydrpdmazda
12-15-2009, 01:03 PM
thread needs a poll but I think alabama is gonna kill texas. it wont be pretty for texas.

TicketRedBB6
12-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Im goin for Bama just bc I prefer the SEC, but have no clue who will win.

ranger_dange
12-15-2009, 05:34 PM
i think Bama is going to win this one easily

americanctm
12-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Texas..

You really think a Nick Saban coached team will believe that. Look at what he did this year. After losing last year to FL in the SEC Championship game he made damn sure that his team understood what it took to win a championship, and they came out against FL and took it to them.

Bama SHOULD win this game. They have a better defense, and a more balanced offense. McCoy is Texas's leading rusher, that says a lot about what he means to that offense. But anything can happen, look at what Mack Brown did against a heavily favored USC team a few years ago. This BCS Championship will be a good one, with 2 of the best coaches in college football.

BanginJimmy
12-15-2009, 07:30 PM
You really think a Nick Saban coached team will believe that. Look at what he did this year. After losing last year to FL in the SEC Championship game he made damn sure that his team understood what it took to win a championship, and they came out against FL and took it to them.

You can also look at last year's game vs Utah. After losing a close one to Florida, they went into the Bowl game as heavy favorites against a midmajor. Bama was completely and thoroughly beaten in that game.

Never under-estimate Mack Brown. He knows how to motivate, and he knows how to scheme with the best of them. If I had my guess, Brown and Musschamp have spent as much time breaking down film on Saban as they have spent on Bama.

americanctm
12-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Never under-estimate Mack Brown. He knows how to motivate, and he knows how to scheme with the best of them. If I had my guess, Brown and Musschamp have spent as much time breaking down film on Saban as they have spent on Bama.

Exactly why I pointed out the USC - Texas BSC game. USC were heavy favorites and Mack Brown found a way to motivate his team to come out and win that game in the 4th quarter, when most people had written them off against "one of the greatest teams ever" as many people wrote about that USC team.

And I agree they will definitely look at Saban's defenses not just at AL. But what is cool about his Bama defense is that they run it very closely to an NFL-style defense. With a defense stacked with experienced seniors and McClain calling plays ON the field after looking at the offensive setup, just another reason why this defense has been a top 2 defense all year. I would love to see what Mack Brown is drawing up to counter this Bama defense.

Deke
12-15-2009, 10:13 PM
I think Bama will probably win, but after hearing a lot of arrogance from some Bama fans about how they are going to kill Texas, I hope Texas pulls it out.

Greddypacked
12-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Bama is lucky not to have a few losses. That Tenn. game should of been a loss and they are dang lucky the refs didnt cause a personal foul on big Coby for taking off his Helmet before the play was even dead. That would have moved Tenn. up closer and another try for 3. Texas all the way.

americanctm
12-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Bama is lucky not to have a few losses.

And so is Texas... so what is your point? Texas could have lost to Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Texas A&M. Plus Texas had an easy in-conference and out of conference schedule, blowing out the likes of Wyoming, Central Florida, Texas El Paso, Baylor and Colorado. I think Alabama's schedule was a little tougher.

Greddypacked
12-17-2009, 08:04 AM
And so is Texas... so what is your point? Texas could have lost to Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Texas A&M. Plus Texas had an easy in-conference and out of conference schedule, blowing out the likes of Wyoming, Central Florida, Texas El Paso, Baylor and Colorado. I think Alabama's schedule was a little tougher.

Those are usually good teams every year though that's my point. So just put Alabama on that list lol.

BanginJimmy
12-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Those are usually good teams every year though that's my point. So just put Alabama on that list lol.

Take a close look at the Bama schedule. I see a total of 1 team worth anything, Florida and that's just because of thei defense.
LSU lost to the only 3 teams on their schedule that are any good.
Ole Miss has talent but they don't perform well all that often.
Florida has a vey good defense, but their offense is well below average.

You can now look at the Texas schedule and use the same reasoning, just change the teams to Nebraska, TAMU, and OU.