PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injectors and Fuel Pressure Regulator

VooDooXII
12-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Ah, the joys of being an Alfa Romeo owner!

My car didn't clear emissions because it was running extremely rich. That issue could be the fault of the fuel injectors and/or the fuel pressure regulator.

The FPR's inner diaphragm was shot so that needed replacement. I have that part but it isn't installed and I haven't ordered new injectors yet.

I'm wondering if the bad FPR is over-pressurizing the fuel which makes it seem as if the injectors are bad. Is that possible? My knowledge on engines and their inner workings isn't as deep as most people on here, so I thought I'd come here first.

Should I go ahead and have the FPR replaced and then see how rich it's running? I'd pay the extra diagnostic if it saves me money on injectors.

mocha latte cupcake
12-14-2009, 03:17 PM
do you already have the FPR? is it the OEM one?

MidLifeCrisis
12-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Google it man! Not alot of people on here who can help much with that kind of vehicle. I would for sure look towards a sensor problem, whether it be a MAF type sensor, or something O2 like. Maybe somethign in the EGR system.

VooDooXII
12-14-2009, 11:11 PM
do you already have the FPR? is it the OEM one?

I have the OEM FPR. Just hasn't been installed yet.

Google it man! Not alot of people on here who can help much with that kind of vehicle. I would for sure look towards a sensor problem, whether it be a MAF type sensor, or something O2 like. Maybe somethign in the EGR system.

I'll ask again on my Alfa Romeo forums. One guy suggested it so I guess I'll ask him again. MAF is fine, and I know I need a new O2 sensor, but that's on its way.

I'm sure FPR and fuel injection problems aren't specific to just my car. Just wondering though, since some people have more knowledge in that area than I do.

VooDooXII
12-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Just wondering if anyone has anymore input or experience in this area.

tdurr
12-24-2009, 12:45 AM
I would say intall the new fpr, and the new O2, it should be fine. And possibly run a can of seafoam in the gas tank on the next fill up.