PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods GM/Titan wheels on a Mazda B2200?

MidLifeCrisis
12-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Looking for anyone who has done this the right way, lol. My options are to machine the wheels, which is $120, or to alter the hubs in some way. I have yet to even pick the truck up, so i'm not sure what the hubs even look like. I'm not really interested in running spacers, as to me thats just too slack. I want the wheels to bolt up flush against the hubs/drums. Anyone with experience not involving slapping spacers and goofy lugs post up!

03RCode
12-14-2009, 02:24 PM
If the Mazda is a 6x5.5 bolt pattern they should bolt up. The only issue you may run into is if the Mazda runs a Toyota style center hub, if it does you will need to have a little of the centers of the wheels machined out. You can put stock Toyota wheels on a Chevrolet, but not stock Chevrolet wheels on a Toyota because of this.

MidLifeCrisis
12-14-2009, 02:29 PM
If the Mazda is a 6x5.5 bolt pattern they should bolt up. The only issue you may run into is if the Mazda runs a Toyota style center hub, if it does you will need to have a little of the centers of the wheels machined out. You can put stock Toyota wheels on a Chevrolet, but not stock Chevrolet wheels on a Toyota because of this.

Yeah I figure the hub is wrong, thus why i got the price on maching the centerbore out to 4". The problem si alot of sites say "bore hub or grind down tabs on center of hub". I wouldnt be in this situation but someone gave me a free set of 17" titan stamped steel wheels for the freezy.

southside
12-16-2009, 07:08 PM
LMAO

Jimmy B
12-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Machine the wheels, use a 6-10mm spacer, OR you can grind the tabs off of the hub.. some people say thats not safe, but ive heard good and bad.. I am close to grinding mine off for z71 wheels..

MidLifeCrisis
12-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Man, money is not permitting me to get these things machined, 120 bucks is just too much for some steel wheels to me. im gonna temporarily run the factory wheels with new tires until i figure this out.

95droppedhatch
12-27-2009, 06:47 PM
i had my wheels machined but i found a small shop and they did all 4 of my escalade wheels for $40 but that was about 6 years ago