PDA

View Full Version : Random The universe is amazing. Do you believ in aliens? poll

YoTa_BoX
12-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Its crazy how big the universe is. I cant even start to fathom it. Theres no way in hell we are the only living beings in the universe.

Heh, after watching this i want to make a Poll, and see who believes in aliens. I may make another post just flat out asking if any one does...but ya. This video just gives a glimpse as to how vast space is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEheh1BH34Q

TSiFTW
12-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Believe is a strong word for something that there is no proof. I do however think that there is a possibility of other life forms seeing how there are other galaxies almost identical in structure as the Milky Way.

thecrazyone
12-14-2009, 05:03 PM
there is definitely other life forms out there. its been proven.

guinness
12-14-2009, 05:44 PM
personally,yes,i do believe there are aliens out there and that we are not alone.the proof of this shit is right here among us.look around you;how do you explain people such as Rosie O'Donnell, Dick Cheney, Stephen Hawkins(that man is way too smart to be from here,lol), and the best of them all.....George Bush. we often have asked ourselves if there is intelligent life forms on other planets. the answer is yes....but there are also some real fuck ups too and we had the unfortunate pleasure of calling him the president for 8 years.

evokenny
12-15-2009, 12:42 AM
good find reps

Total_Blender
12-15-2009, 08:19 AM
As big and varied as the universe is there has to be life out there somewhere. But as far as aliens "walking among us," I really don't think so. The difficulties required for traveling that distance through space would forbid it, assuming they are at a similar level of technological development as us. First contact with an alien civilization will probably happen through radio waves and it will be many years after that before we actually stand face-to face with them. Traveling the speed of light probably isn't even physically possible, let alone warp speeds.

So to visit another planet outside our solar system, at the very least is a mission that can't happen in a single human's lifetime. We are sending messages to the closest known systems to contain planets around their stars. The closest, the Gliese 581 system, should recieve their message in 2029. We won't the their reply (if they send one) until 2049.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581_d

SPOOLIN
12-15-2009, 08:59 AM
its quite possible that other civilizations have figured out a way to transmit signals faster than us and its possible that they have figured out how to travel at the edge of the speed of light, we don't know what the fuck is out there.

LOL 1100 years to circle that STAR by airliner. @!!!

Even if we did or have received a signal, unless it was by a privateer, we won't know about it because of religious interference, they will think people will panic and kill themselves because their religion is not really that true anymore...this would make for some good population control though lol

Jason..
12-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Pretty cool!

Homer Simpson
12-15-2009, 10:33 AM
awesome video!

Its hard to grasp the fact that there are billions of galaxies out there, while we're just on little milkyway. Man, the universe is is big.

There's probably a douche somewhere in the universe probably thinkning the same thing right now on his "HP" computer...

Danny
12-15-2009, 08:45 PM
there is definitely other life forms out there. its been proven.

By whom?

.:Stirfry:.
12-15-2009, 09:49 PM
i Believe

uproot
12-18-2009, 11:53 PM
awesome video!

Its hard to grasp the fact that there are billions of galaxies out there, while we're just on little milkyway. Man, the universe is is big.

There's probably a douche somewhere in the universe probably thinkning the same thing right now on his "HP" computer...

yeah or some dude out 'popping vtec' in his spacehonda

Elbow
12-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Not believing in another life form is simply moronic. Frankly I'd be scared to find out we're the only life form..

punkr6
12-21-2009, 10:00 AM
I havent seen any, so I vote NO.....

bodhi
12-21-2009, 10:12 AM
God created everything people. The universe, the huge red giants, everything! In a weeks' time too.

Gosh, he's so awesome.

i4_garage
12-21-2009, 06:41 PM
that planet is called Pandora...and there are blue living humans on that planet. The entire planet is connected like a giant brain. All living things can connect with each other like ipods. End of story...

chnco
12-22-2009, 06:27 PM
That's crazy. I was connecting to my wireless network the other day and found a strange network. I knew it was aliens, and I knew they had the internet.

Ed
12-27-2009, 06:58 PM
God created everything people. The universe, the huge red giants, everything! In a weeks' time too.

Gosh, he's so awesome.

He.

You should know better

xdavidscenex
01-02-2010, 12:42 AM
:ninja:i think there are just wait and see