PDA

View Full Version : swap

dac55
12-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Anyone got an idea of how much re-wiring is required to swap a obd1 gsr engine into a 99 civic ex. any other info would be great too. which one would be better probably obdI or II

j0nbunklah0m
12-13-2009, 03:07 PM
just use the gsr harness n ecu

not much rewiring

gtikid
12-13-2009, 03:26 PM
You can use your current harness, it's wired for vtec. Gonna need a jumper harness for the ecu and maybe the dizzy if it's an obd1 distributor. Gotta change the injector plugs and alternator plugs as well

MidLifeCrisis
12-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Ive had alot of people consult me about this lately.. OBD-II motors and OBD-I cars and vise versa. Your best bet is to buy the swap, and then look around for a complete OBD-II GSR intake manifold, and a OBD-II GSR ECU. Im not 100% positive, but im pretty sure Rywire makes a jumper harness for the dizzy.

gtikid
12-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Ive had alot of people consult me about this lately.. OBD-II motors and OBD-I cars and vise versa. Your best bet is to buy the swap, and then look around for a complete OBD-II GSR intake manifold, and a OBD-II GSR ECU. Im not 100% positive, but im pretty sure Rywire makes a jumper harness for the dizzy.

So buy a swap and spend more money buying an intake manifold, instead of just taking some out to re-wire a few plugs? Save the cash, spend some time playing with wires, and do the plugs yourself. Rywire makes all the jumpers you would need

MidLifeCrisis
12-13-2009, 10:40 PM
So buy a swap and spend more money buying an intake manifold, instead of just taking some out to re-wire a few plugs? Save the cash, spend some time playing with wires, and do the plugs yourself. Rywire makes all the jumpers you would need

Its just an intake manifold, people practically give those things away complete. Saves a ton of time.

dallasb84
12-14-2009, 12:59 AM
the gsr has butterfly valves and i dont think they are wired in the ek...

you need to rewire the ckf plug..... its easy.... i dont trust the ckf trick as its hit or miss on the boards...

the alternator plug is the same if its obd2

maybe the aic plug..... but mine worked on my 98 ex on my obd2 ls swap

the iat sensor plug needs to be swapped to b series plug

obd jumper is not needed if you stick to obd2 swap... but if you wanna run a obd1 ec use the jumper.... its better for tuning to use the obd1 ecu.... but you cant get emmisions with a obd1 swap...

injectors are alike...

buy obd2 swap and use a jumper harness to convert

gtikid
12-15-2009, 01:53 AM
the gsr has butterfly valves and i dont think they are wired in the ek...

you need to rewire the ckf plug..... its easy.... i dont trust the ckf trick as its hit or miss on the boards...

the alternator plug is the same if its obd2

maybe the aic plug..... but mine worked on my 98 ex on my obd2 ls swap

the iat sensor plug needs to be swapped to b series plug

obd jumper is not needed if you stick to obd2 swap... but if you wanna run a obd1 ec use the jumper.... its better for tuning to use the obd1 ecu.... but you cant get emmisions with a obd1 swap...

injectors are alike...

buy obd2 swap and use a jumper harness to convert

Injector clips are not the same. He has an obd1 swap. Why tell him to get an obd2 swap when he came in here asking questions on how to make the obd1 swap that he owns work in his obd2 vehicle?

Tech5
12-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Injector clips are not the same. He has an obd1 swap. Why tell him to get an obd2 swap when he came in here asking questions on how to make the obd1 swap that he owns work in his obd2 vehicle?

correct one uses a push and squeeze style and the other uses a clip to hold onto the injector