PDA

View Full Version : Sports Heisman Trophy

bdydrpdmazda
12-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Alabama's Mark Ingram wins it. Discuss...

Hulud
12-13-2009, 09:25 AM
no surprise.

it was close but i truely feel that gerhart was better. but oh well, both are still great players for sure.

Alabama is undefeated and now the new nuts for writers, voters and espn to swing from.

Gerhart
ATT YDS AVG LONG TD
311_1736_5.6__61___26

Ingram
ATT YDS AVG LONG TD
249_1542_6.2__70 __15

without gerhart stanford would not being going to a bowl game this year

TicketRedBB6
12-13-2009, 09:38 AM
no surprise.

it was close but i truely feel that gerhart was better. but oh well, both are still great players for sure.

Alabama is undefeated and now the new nuts for writers, voters and espn to swing from.

Gerhart
ATT YDS AVG LONG TD
311_1736_5.6__61___26

Ingram
ATT YDS AVG LONG TD
249_1542_6.2__70 __15

without gerhart stanford would not being going to a bowl game this year
Without Ingram Alabama wouldn't be in the national championship, much less in the top probably. How many games did Stanford lose? I know Gerhart's stats are better and he fought some amazing comebacks through the year, but I think Ingram truly helped his team much more through the course of the season.

I was also hoping he'd win it since Alabama's record is better than any other team, since Texas barely (and should've lost) squeeked by nebraska.

Hulud
12-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Without Ingram Alabama wouldn't be in the national championship, much less in the top probably. How many games did Stanford lose? I know Gerhart's stats are better and he fought some amazing comebacks through the year, but I think Ingram truly helped his team much more through the course of the season.

I was also hoping he'd win it since Alabama's record is better than any other team, since Texas barely (and should've lost) squeeked by nebraska.

nah Alabama would have lost only 2 games at most without Ingram, doubt even that many.

Ala defense was averaging about 10.something points per game. They were going to the SEC Championship with or without Ingram. Yes Ingram was a freakin beast against Florida. But i still think they would be ranked in the top 5 without him.

But dont get me wrong Ingram is siiiiick. He deserves it just as much as gerhart hence why it was the closest in history

Deke
12-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah I was pulling for Gerhart, but I have no problem with Ingram winning it, he is definitely deserving.

My biggest complaint with it this year is that Tebow made the top 5 and Spiller didn't. I'm not saying I think Spiller should have gotten the Heisman, but it's ridiculous that he didn't even get the trip to New York. (coming from a GT fan who, despite his hatred for all things Clemson, realizes that Spiller is an incredible college player)

punkr6
12-13-2009, 11:42 AM
I was certain OBAMA had this in the bag....

bdydrpdmazda
12-13-2009, 11:44 AM
I think the biggest reason Ingram got it over gerhart is because the SEC is known for being the conference with the best defenses in all of college football, the fact that Ingram put up the numbers he did against the teams he did is what did it for him. The SEC puts more defensive players in the NFL every year than any other conference and ingram ran all over them all season.

BanginJimmy
12-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Ingram got it only because Bama is in the NC. Gerhart was the better back by a long shot this year.

Neither of them was nearly as impressive as Suh though. He was, by a wide margin, the best player in CFB this year. Too bad he is a DT though and not one of those pretty players.

BanginJimmy
12-13-2009, 03:22 PM

You are on crack. Without Ingram, Richardson steps in and does just as well, if not better. Remember, it was Richardson that was on the field during that final drive against Auburn, Ingram was just watching.

TicketRedBB6
12-13-2009, 04:25 PM
You are on crack. Without Ingram, Richardson steps in and does just as well, if not better. Remember, it was Richardson that was on the field during that final drive against Auburn, Ingram was just watching.
And it was Ingram easily putting 3 touchdowns on the books vs. FL, Richardson was just watching. It sure seemed that a ton of people were worried that Ingram wouldnt play in the SEC championship for "richardson to so easily take his place." Why the week long talk and headlines saying his hip was hurt if someone of the same exact talent was waiting to take his place?

sogood
12-13-2009, 04:29 PM

Are you forgetting that 'Bama would've lost to Tennessee if it wasn't for that last second blocked kick? Or how they got dominated by Auburn until the last minutes with Richardson (not Ingram) in the backfield? 'Bama is much more lucky to have the record that they have than Texas.

I think the biggest reason Ingram got it over gerhart is because the SEC is known for being the conference with the best defenses in all of college football, the fact that Ingram put up the numbers he did against the teams he did is what did it for him. The SEC puts more defensive players in the NFL every year than any other conference and ingram ran all over them all season.

...lol if you look at the stats, Gerhart actually faced higher ranked rush defenses, but ok...

Ingram got it only because Bama is in the NC. Gerhart was the better back by a long shot this year.

Neither of them was nearly as impressive as Suh though. He was, by a wide margin, the best player in CFB this year. Too bad he is a DT though and not one of those pretty players.

Yeah, Suh's numbers were absolutely nuts this year. I don't know if anyone has seen this stat, but check it out.

Alabama D-Line
98 Tkl, 23.5 TFL, 9.5 Sk, 20 QBH, 5 PBU, 0 Int, 1 FF, 3 Blk

Florida D-Line
112 Tkl, 33 TFL, 14 Sk, 48 QBH, 5 PBU, 0 Int, 1 FF, 0 Blk

Texas D-Line
116 Tkl, 25.5 TFL, 15.5 Sk, 10 QBH, 7 PBU, 0 Int, 2 FF, 0 Blk

Ndamukong Suh
82 Tkl, 23 TFL, 12 Sk, 24 QBH, 10 PBU, 1 Int, 1 FF, 3 Blk

Thank you for pointing this out, because I was going to do so until I saw your post. 'Bama performed just as well with Richardson in the backfield as they did with Ingram. Simply put, 'Bama can put up points without Ingram, Stanford would've been next to nothing offensively without Gerhart.

TicketRedBB6
12-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Are you forgetting that 'Bama would've lost to Tennessee if it wasn't for that last second blocked kick? Or how they got dominated by Auburn until the last minutes with Richardson (not Ingram) in the backfield? 'Bama is much more lucky than Texas to have the record they have.

...lol if you look at the stats, Gerhart actually faced higher ranked rush defenses, but ok...

Yeah, Suh's numbers were absolutely nuts this year. I don't know if anyone has seen this stat, but check it out.

Alabama D-Line
98 Tkl, 23.5 TFL, 9.5 Sk, 20 QBH, 5 PBU, 0 Int, 1 FF, 3 Blk

Florida D-Line
112 Tkl, 33 TFL, 14 Sk, 48 QBH, 5 PBU, 0 Int, 1 FF, 0 Blk

Texas D-Line
116 Tkl, 25.5 TFL, 15.5 Sk, 10 QBH, 7 PBU, 0 Int, 2 FF, 0 Blk

Ndamukong Suh
82 Tkl, 23 TFL, 12 Sk, 24 QBH, 10 PBU, 1 Int, 1 FF, 3 Blk

Thank you for pointing this out, because I was going to do so until I saw your post. 'Bama performed just as well with Richardson in the backfield as they did with Ingram. Simply put, 'Bama can put up points without Ingram, Stanford would've been next to nothing offensively without Gerhart.
All true. And im an Auburn fan, so I have no love for Bama at all, im not some nutswinger. I just think Ingram deserved to win over everyone else. True, Bama had their close games against unranked teams. But in the biggest game of the year, they showed up big. In Texas's biggest game of the year, they had the poorest time mis-management i've ever seen and got extremely lucky to have the chance for that field goal.

lowazzcord
12-13-2009, 06:46 PM
heres how i see it

BanginJimmy
12-13-2009, 07:25 PM
I just think Ingram deserved to win over everyone else.

Would you mind telling us why?

True, Bama had their close games against unranked teams. But in the biggest game of the year, they showed up big.

But the Heisman is an individual award.

In Texas's biggest game of the year, they had the poorest time mis-management i've ever seen and got extremely lucky to have the chance for that field goal.

You obviously didnt see LSU play vs Bama. That was FAR worse clock management.

ekcivic1991
12-13-2009, 11:08 PM
richardson> ingram

TicketRedBB6
12-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Would you mind telling us why?

But the Heisman is an individual award.

You obviously didnt see LSU play vs Bama. That was FAR worse clock management.
1. I explained why in my first post.
2. Yes it is an individual award. But would it go to a player with equal starts whose team went 0-13? No, it sure as hell wouldn't. Im not saying the overall team record plays 100% in to it, and it shouldnt. But the "individual player" that wins the award has to prove he can help his team win when it counts.
3. No, I did not see the LSU/Bama game. Did they have to plead/beg for a review to get 1 second back on the clock so they could pray for a field goal? If not, then its not the same as the Texas game.

BanginJimmy
12-14-2009, 07:53 PM
1. I explained why in my first post.

I read your first post. It has nothing but baseless speculation. In fact, the points you made in that post are more beneficial to Gerhart than Ingram. The point about Bama not being as good without Ingram has alrady been refuted.

2. Yes it is an individual award. But would it go to a player with equal starts whose team went 0-13? No, it sure as hell wouldn't. Im not saying the overall team record plays 100% in to it, and it shouldnt. But the "individual player" that wins the award has to prove he can help his team win when it counts.

A player with Gerhart's stats on an 0-12 team should absolutely run away with the award. BTW, players dont play iron man football anymore. All they can be asked to do is play their position. With that in mind, Suh is so far ahead of the pack this year, they should probably give him next year's Heisman also to make things equitable.

3. No, I did not see the LSU/Bama game. Did they have to plead/beg for a review to get 1 second back on the clock so they could pray for a field goal? If not, then its not the same as the Texas game.

No, LSU didnt have to get a review. They simply let the clock expire for no reason.

BTW, as much as I would have loved to see Texas lose that game, the review was correct. The officials could ahve probably put 1 more second back on the clock also. The only reason the thousands of similar plays arent reviewed is because no one asks for the review.

This isnt a knock on Ingram at all. He had an outstanding season, its just that he wasnt the best player in CFB this year. The best player in CFB this year was Suh, and there wasnt anyone else that was even close.

TicketRedBB6
12-15-2009, 10:57 AM
I read your first post. It has nothing but baseless speculation. In fact, the points you made in that post are more beneficial to Gerhart than Ingram. The point about Bama not being as good without Ingram has alrady been refuted.

A player with Gerhart's stats on an 0-12 team should absolutely run away with the award. BTW, players dont play iron man football anymore. All they can be asked to do is play their position. With that in mind, Suh is so far ahead of the pack this year, they should probably give him next year's Heisman also to make things equitable.

No, LSU didnt have to get a review. They simply let the clock expire for no reason.

BTW, as much as I would have loved to see Texas lose that game, the review was correct. The officials could ahve probably put 1 more second back on the clock also. The only reason the thousands of similar plays arent reviewed is because no one asks for the review.

This isnt a knock on Ingram at all. He had an outstanding season, its just that he wasnt the best player in CFB this year. The best player in CFB this year was Suh, and there wasnt anyone else that was even close.
I agree the second should be put back as well, just saying that they got lucky that it was put back on. I would've been fine with Suh winning as well, he absolutely deserved it. I just don't think Gerhart deserved it as much as Ingram or Suh. Just my :2cents:

bigdare23
12-15-2009, 11:01 AM
CJ Spiller should of gotten it! The number he put up this year being injured since game one were incredible.

BanginJimmy
12-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Spiller will make an outstanding all purpose back in the NFL. I imagine he will play the same style as Brian Westbrook or Eddie George.

atlxpat
12-16-2009, 12:47 AM
although ingram made a strong bid, tebow takes home the Criesman.