PDA

View Full Version : help on something simple

EX-Svic
10-22-2005, 07:23 PM
how do i take off the o2 sensor off my old headers its really stuck in there , ive tried w40 and the bolt thing wont even move, i saw in my honda book that there is a special socket for that but i never found one at the local shops??? any help would be appreciated Thanks..........Peace

Bishop
10-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Me and my bro couldnt get the one out of the collector on his stock header. We just bought a new one to put in his pacesetter.

EX-Svic
10-23-2005, 09:02 PM
yeah i was thinking of getting a new one too , cause its damn stuck like a mofo in there............Peace

99SI
10-24-2005, 10:39 AM
There is a special socket that has a slot in the side to go over the wire. You have to be careful though b/c you can break the o2 sensor off pretty easily. I borrowed one from a mechanic I use a lot to do mine but you can buy it. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than a new o2 sensor that's for sure. wd40 it again and get the right socket and it should go.

EX-Svic
10-24-2005, 11:18 AM
yeah thats what im going to try today, I just need to find that socket i tried pep boys, autozone and advanced auto and nothing im going to try napa if not i will have to get it online ,,,,,Does it create a problem if i drive my car without the sensor hooked up ??

scttydb411
10-24-2005, 12:34 PM
i got mine at pepboys. just make sure you get the real thick one so it doesn't break trying to get a frozen o2 out.

dazn
10-24-2005, 01:57 PM
yeah, definitely get the special socket, or just make it

and PB Blaster works wonders!!!!!!!!!!!

99SI
10-24-2005, 01:59 PM
the only thing that will happen by driving it w/o the o2 sensor is your car will add fuel and you'll pull a check engine light. You'll get bad gas mileage, lose some power, and it just won't run as good.

Spyder
10-24-2005, 02:11 PM
the only thing that will happen by driving it w/o the o2 sensor is your car will add fuel and you'll pull a check engine light. You'll get bad gas mileage, lose some power, and it just won't run as good.

Plus it will sound like shit and back fire thru the little hole where it should be.

The socket is available at most auto parts stores, i bought mine at autozone i belive... ask then for an 02 sensor socket..