PDA

View Full Version : daily drivers...

Evil Goat
12-12-2009, 08:45 PM
am i the only person who thinks that for a car to qualify as a daily driver you must have another car in which you don't drive on a daily basis?

For instance....I have a 5XXhp GTO that I don't drive on a daily basis, it's my race car.....i have a 1XXhp 4dr civic, which I drive every day, which is my daily driver...

way too many people calling their ONLY car a daily driver....it's not a daily driver, it's your fuckin car moron

SleeperWRX
12-12-2009, 08:46 PM
LOL, true!

Me86Rob
12-12-2009, 08:46 PM
no. if you drive it daily...its your daily driver.

JJSPEC Racing
12-12-2009, 08:47 PM
I dont have a daily driver, I drive a different car every day of the week, lol!

SleeperWRX
12-12-2009, 08:48 PM

Well, if its your only car, what else are you gonna fucking driver?lol. Why call it your DD?

Evil Goat
12-12-2009, 08:48 PM

no....the notion that you have a daily driver would insinuate that you have something that you don't drive daily.....if you don't have said car, then its just a car, it's not a daily driver

Me86Rob
12-12-2009, 08:50 PM
no....the notion that you have a daily driver would insinuate that you have something that you don't drive daily.....if you don't have said car, then its just a car, it's not a daily driver
what you are saying makes sense. in fact..its so stupid that i cant even correct you

SleeperWRX
12-12-2009, 08:51 PM
what you are saying makes sense. in fact..its so stupid that i cant even correct you

If you don't have 2 cars, you only have 1 and you call it your daily driver, its stupid as fuck.

Daily driver - car you drive if you have more than 1 car and the other aren't driven on a daily basis.

punkr6
12-12-2009, 08:51 PM
truff, you gotta have something in the garage you hardly drive, and one you drive every day in order to have a DD...

Mantooth
12-12-2009, 08:54 PM
My E55 is my "weekend" car. My *insert random Hertz rental here* is my daily driver.

yomomspimp06

BALLER status

Me86Rob
If you don't have 2 cars, you only have 1 and you call it your daily driver, its stupid as fuck.

Daily driver - car you drive if you have more than 1 car and the other aren't driven on a daily basis.
really? so to have a daily routine, such as waking up, eating breakfast, brushing your teeth, and showering, in that order everday, you have to have a different routine you do on other days?

quickdodgeŽ
12-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Lolol.

I have 3 daily drivers.

Next month, it will be 4. Later, QD.

Evil Goat
12-12-2009, 08:55 PM
really? so to have a daily routine, such as waking up, eating breakfast, brushing your teeth, and showering, in that order everday, you have to have a different routine you do on other days?

you're overthinking it....

yomomspimp06
12-12-2009, 08:56 PM
he's just applyin your principle to another area....

Me86Rob
12-12-2009, 08:57 PM
you're overthinking it....
there is no overthinking it. if you only own one car, and you drive it every day, its your daily driver. thats all there is to it. you drive it everyday, its your daily. simple as that. doesnt matter what else you have in your garage, if anything. when it comes down to it, you drive your only car on a daily basis. that is what a daily driver is.

Evil Goat
12-12-2009, 09:00 PM
there is no overthinking it. if you only own one car, and you drive it every day, its your daily driver. thats all there is to it. you drive it everyday, its your daily. simple as that. doesnt matter what else you have in your garage, if anything. when it comes down to it, you drive your only car on a daily basis. that is what a daily driver is.

you can't fix stupid

punkr6
12-12-2009, 09:01 PM
you can't fix stupid

:goodjob:

SleeperWRX
12-12-2009, 09:02 PM

I'm pretty sure we're talking about cars.

Me86Rob
12-12-2009, 09:02 PM
you can't fix stupid
wow you are good at self diagnosis :goodjob:

Evil Goat
12-12-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm pretty sure we're talking about cars.

we are....like i said, some people overthink it, when i only owned one car i didnt call it my daily driver, i called it my car. now that i have multiple cars i am able to discern which vehicles are daily drivers and which aren't

Me86Rob
12-12-2009, 09:05 PM
we are....like i said, some people overthink it, when i only owned one car i didnt call it my daily driver, i called it my car. now that i have multiple cars i am able to discern which vehicles are daily drivers and which aren't
ok when you only had one car, what was it?

punkr6
12-12-2009, 09:07 PM

it was " MY CAR " not my daily driver fuck tard....

SleeperWRX

HIS FUCKING CAR. Fucking idiot.

Evil Goat

can you read?

when i only owned one car i referred to it as "my car"

now i have a truck, a race car (fun car, weekender, whatever you want to call it), and my daily driver

Me86Rob
12-12-2009, 09:08 PM
oh im sorry i forgot im trying to communicate with 3 yrs olds.
WHEN YOU ONLY HAD ONE CAR, WHAT KIND OF FUCKING CAR WAS IT?

punkr6
12-12-2009, 09:09 PM

you can't win this......

SleeperWRX

A old, piece of shit toyota wagon.

punkr6

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Me86Rob
12-12-2009, 09:11 PM

oh cool he has the same taste in cars as me! :goodjob:

SleeperWRX
12-12-2009, 09:12 PM
oh cool he has the same taste in cars as me! :goodjob:

Glad you agree that your car is a piece of shit.

EL42
12-12-2009, 09:13 PM
wow, i never thought of it that way before. so i don't have a daily/project/road trip car. i jus have a car. i'm not being an ass,it jus never crossed my mind.

SleeperWRX
12-12-2009, 09:14 PM
wow, i never thought of it that way before. so i don't have a daily/project/road trip car. i jus have a car. i'm not being an ass,it jus never crossed my mind.

I used to always see your car off 78. Badass car dude, lol.

Me86Rob
Glad you agree that your car is a piece of shit.
yea. but id rather be in a POS than a subbie. shit, id buy a civic b4 id buy a subaru.

JJSPEC Racing
I guess I have a daily and many project cars:)

SleeperWRX
12-12-2009, 09:16 PM
yea. but id rather be in a POS than a subbie. shit, id buy a civic b4 id buy a subaru.

I don't own a subaru anymore. And I highly doubt you would drive your wagon over a WRX.

punkr6

truth has finally been spoken here....

Me86Rob
I don't own a subaru anymore.
and I dont own the wagon anymore.

Evil Goat
12-12-2009, 09:18 PM

at different times.....

89 mazda 323
84 olds cutlass
88 ford ranger
90 honda accord
95 honda civic - later became a dd...see below
98 acura cl
99 ford f150
04 chevrolet trailblazer
04 pontiac gto - now my race car

daily drivers...
95 honda civic (i had a awd talon and 98 gsxr at the same time)
97 cobra (still had said talon)
94 gsr integra(04 r6 special edition)
88 honda civic turbo-d series (GTO)

and currently...
95 honda civic sedan/96 gmc sierra z71 (GTO)

EL42
12-12-2009, 09:21 PM
I used to always see your car off 78. Badass car dude, lol.
:Dthanx,that's my............car:thinking:

SleeperWRX
12-12-2009, 09:22 PM
:Dthanx,that's my............car:thinking:

:lmao:

Me86Rob
12-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Definition of Daily Driver according to thesamba.com
Daily Driver Refers to a vehicle of any type that is driven regularly: to work, school, shopping, errands, etc.. Opposite of Trailer Queen

JJSPEC Racing
12-12-2009, 09:24 PM
So if you are married, would your hand be a daily driver if you only got to use the wife for special occasions?

Mantooth
12-12-2009, 09:26 PM
yea. but id rather be in a POS than a subbie. shit, id buy a civic b4 id buy a subaru....the fuck did you just say?!

Mantooth
12-12-2009, 09:27 PM
So if you are married, would your hand be a daily driver if you only got to use the wife for special occasions?No, your wife would be your daily driver. Your girlfriend would be your weekend warrior.

Evil Goat
12-12-2009, 09:27 PM
...the fuck did you just say?!

it's code word for i don't own anything worth talking about

Me86Rob
12-12-2009, 09:28 PM
it's code word for i don't own anything worth talking about

Daily Driver Refers to a vehicle of any type that is driven regularly: to work, school, shopping, errands, etc.. Opposite of Trailer Queen

this

EL42
12-12-2009, 09:28 PM
So if you are married, would your hand be a daily driver if you only got to use the wife for special occasions?
thank you i know why i haven't made it to marriage.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Evil Goat
12-12-2009, 09:29 PM
what if your wifes a nymph and you don't have a girlfriend? :ninja:

Echonova
12-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Meh... What I posted on another forum.

My cars...
91 SR'd coupe
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Old%20School%20meet/DSC02458.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Old%20School%20meet/DSC02466.jpg

'74 BMW 2002 (project car)
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Oldies/DSC09743.jpg
How it was found sitting in a shed for 15 years...
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Oldies/IMG_7871.jpg

My DD, '04 Dodge Quad cab 4x4 longbed Hemi Ram of Doom... (sorry, don't really have better pics of it.)

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Oldies/DSC09721.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Snow%20day/DSC09809.jpg

Wife's kid hauling machine... of Doom. '08 Nissan Quest.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Old%20School%20meet/2008-Nissan-Quest-i001.jpg

JJSPEC Racing
12-12-2009, 09:32 PM
what if your wifes a nymph and you don't have a girlfriend? :ninja:your

What if you dont have a girlfriend and your wife is not a nymph?

EL42
12-12-2009, 09:32 PM
No, your wife would be your daily driver. Your girlfriend would be your weekend warrior.
:lmfao: OMG! why don't we have smileys giving high fives?:lmfao:

Me86Rob
12-12-2009, 09:34 PM
:lmfao: OMG! why don't we have smileys giving high fives?:lmfao::cheers:
?

yomomspimp06
12-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I daily drive a kia...mmmmm

x Resilience
12-12-2009, 10:07 PM

Yeah pretty much, I sleep in on Saturday and skip breakfast.

x Resilience
12-12-2009, 10:13 PM

I highly doubt that. You must be fucked in the head seriously. I just think you don't have the cash for it and to maintain it.

I just tell it, like I see it.

Kasper
12-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Well ok.. what if ya have a car and a bike? and ya ride said bike more then ya drive the car? would ya call the bike your daily rider? or is the car still your car and the bike still a bike? just wonderin...

EL42
12-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Well ok.. what if ya have a car and a bike? and ya ride said bike more then ya drive the car? would ya call the bike your daily rider? or is the car still your car and the bike still a bike? just wonderin...
:thinking: hmm and the saga of confusion continues.

RL...
12-13-2009, 02:50 AM
1) If I had 1 car, or 10 cars they would be "my car(s)"

2) Whether or not I have 1 car, or 10 cars, the car(s) I drive on a daily basis would be considered a daily driver. Daily driver=daily driven. If you don't think so then you are beyond help because it is a god damn self explanatory statement.

Lankhoss
12-13-2009, 10:18 AM

This right here is what matters, not whatever you WANT "daily driver" to mean. Whoever coined the term, or whatever the general consensus is on what it means, is what counts...not this thread.

I couldn't find a definition for it, which is why I didn't post immediately. I can give you MY opinion on what it means, but that doesn't mean a damn thing if there's an actual definition out there.

But I've always considered ANY car that is driven for normal routine functions as a daily driver...regardless of how many cars the person has. "Daily driver" is nothing more than a more specific term for a vehicle. If I have 10 cars, and 1 of them is purely a race car......it's STILL "my car" but it's ALSO my "race car" or whatever I wanna call it. So if I have one car.....that car is: my daily driver, my toy, my race car, my grocery getter, my material hauler, my work vehicle, my passenger vehicle, etc. However, if I buy another car and buy it SPECIFICALLY for one reason, then I'll probably name it that (like "race car") and more than likely only use it for that purpose (or very few others), while continuing to do everything else with my other car.

And just for the record, back when I had a company car which was a separate daily driver from my Vette........I raced it and raised more hell in it than I did my "weekend toy" heh

Elbow
12-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Very true..makes no sense to say that.

Evil Goat
12-13-2009, 11:09 AM
This right here is what matters, not whatever you WANT "daily driver" to mean. Whoever coined the term, or whatever the general consensus is on what it means, is what counts...not this thread.

I couldn't find a definition for it, which is why I didn't post immediately. I can give you MY opinion on what it means, but that doesn't mean a damn thing if there's an actual definition out there.

But I've always considered ANY car that is driven for normal routine functions as a daily driver...regardless of how many cars the person has. "Daily driver" is nothing more than a more specific term for a vehicle. If I have 10 cars, and 1 of them is purely a race car......it's STILL "my car" but it's ALSO my "race car" or whatever I wanna call it. So if I have one car.....that car is: my daily driver, my toy, my race car, my grocery getter, my material hauler, my work vehicle, my passenger vehicle, etc. However, if I buy another car and buy it SPECIFICALLY for one reason, then I'll probably name it that (like "race car") and more than likely only use it for that purpose (or very few others), while continuing to do everything else with my other car.

And just for the record, back when I had a company car which was a separate daily driver from my Vette........I raced it and raised more hell in it than I did my "weekend toy" heh

you're way too serious about this....

btw....there is no definition for "daily driver", check websters, not some hack website....just because you pick one off the internet doesn't mean its the literal translation of the phrase

anyone else noticing that the only people arguing are people who only own one car?

Lankhoss
12-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Well I still don't understand your point. The CAR is the object that is bought and owned by people. The term we give to it, is just that....a term, that we made up, and give to objects at our own discretion.

To give YOUR opinion of what a daily driver is, then say people are idiots when they don't share your opinion is outlandish.

A vehicle that is normally driven on a daily basis for typical routines that most people follow, IS a daily driver by definition. Why the amount of cars they own changes this definition is beyond me.

IF there is a specific credible definition that says otherwise, then post it. If there's not, then it seems the term is up to interpretation, and that means people who feel their only car is also their daily driver are actually NOT morons like you have claimed they are.

KDM>JDM
12-13-2009, 11:54 AM
when you say "daily driver" you're saying it as if you have something you don't drive daily like a project car or race car or mud truck. You would be a dumbass to be at a car meet and someone ask you about your car and you say "yeah its my daily" when its the only car you have, because most peoples response to you saying that would be: "oh so what other car do you have?"

Lankhoss
12-13-2009, 12:28 PM
For all the people who want to throw names out in this thread, calling people dumbasses and such......WHY do you think people are morons or idiots, or whatever, when they call their only car a daily driver? I have yet to see a SINGLE supporting argument for this, it's just........"This is what I think, and you're a dumbass if you don't think the same way"

The irony of the whole discussion is the guys who are actually defending the fact that an only car is a daily driver, are the only ones ACTUALLY thinking about it lol

Mantooth
12-13-2009, 12:30 PM
For all the people who want to throw names out in this thread, calling people dumbasses and such......WHY do you think people are morons or idiots, or whatever, when they call their only car a daily driver? I have yet to see a SINGLE supporting argument for this, it's just........"This is what I think, and you're a dumbass if you don't think the same way"

The irony of the whole discussion is the guys who are actually defending the fact that an only car is a daily driver, are the only ones ACTUALLY thinking about it lolIt's all subjective. However, I agree with you.

Me86Rob
12-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Let me break it down for you people that never made it past the 1st grade.
I drive my wagon every day. That means I drive it daily. that means its my daily driver.

SleeperWRX
12-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Let me break it down for you people that never made it past the 1st grade.
I drive my wagon every day. That means I drive it daily. that means its my daily driver.

You said you didn't have a wagon anymore, POS.

Echonova
12-13-2009, 01:00 PM
I got a new toy, now I have to upgrade my daily driver...

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Kevsnewtrailer.jpg

Me86Rob
12-13-2009, 01:01 PM
You said you didn't have a wagon anymore, POS.
drove my wagon. w/e
i have another corolla now. its just not a wagon. but it will get driven every day

Lankhoss
12-13-2009, 01:05 PM
I got a new toy, now I have to upgrade my daily driver...

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Kevsnewtrailer.jpg

Damn, that's badass!

Echonova
12-13-2009, 01:06 PM
The irony of the whole discussion is the guys who are actually defending the fact that an only car is a daily driver, are the only ones ACTUALLY thinking about it lolWhat do you call it when you grab the keys to your DD, track car, project car, show car, tow vehicle and family car and still have one key in your hand...

Lack of options. Of course it's your DD... You have no other choice.

Echonova
12-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Damn, that's badass!24' of pure bliss. Found a dually I want, now I just gotta talk the guy off the price...

Me86Rob
12-13-2009, 01:18 PM
/thread

MistaCee
12-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Yea usually when I hear someone say they have a dd I generally figure that they have another car.

xxbckiexx
12-13-2009, 01:49 PM

There it is. OP is down syndrome maybe?

KDM>JDM
12-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Yea usually when I hear someone say they have a dd I generally figure that they have another car.

as do most people. i drive my truck everyday becuase thats all i have, its not my DD, project trucks, show car, race car it's just my truck nothing else

KDM>JDM
12-13-2009, 01:54 PM
if its the only vehicle you have, it's your all the time driver not just your daily driver

redrumracer
12-13-2009, 01:58 PM
what if you have more than one car and dont drive any of them? hmmmmmm whats it called then?

87 Turbo II
12-13-2009, 02:04 PM
To me, and maybe this is just because I am part of the Rx-7 community and reliability has to be thrown in. You can call something a daily even if it;s your only car. To say something is a daily driver doesn't have to imply "I have a non daily too". To me it says, this car, gets me to work and back every day. It makes my daily commute. It is reliable and practical enough for me. Somebody once asked me if a first gen Rx-7 makes a good DD. I said, well, not really, they get bad gas mileage, but I DD mine so it can get the job done. It's my only car, but I still tell people it's both my project and my DD,because I can't afford 2 cars,and I throw DD out there to try and shed off the "rotaries are unreliable" myths.

Elbow
12-13-2009, 02:07 PM
I know like 34953485430 who DD first gens, they make great DD's.

87 Turbo II
12-13-2009, 02:10 PM
I know like 34953485430 who DD first gens, they make great DD's.

The gas mileage and oil consumption tends to throw off a lot of people though. Which is why I said no.

Josh...
12-13-2009, 02:20 PM
To me, and maybe this is just because I am part of the Rx-7 community and reliability has to be thrown in. You can call something a daily even if it;s your only car. To say something is a daily driver doesn't have to imply "I have a non daily too". To me it says, this car, gets me to work and back every day. It makes my daily commute. It is reliable and practical enough for me. Somebody once asked me if a first gen Rx-7 makes a good DD. I said, well, not really, they get bad gas mileage, but I DD mine so it can get the job done. It's my only car, but I still tell people it's both my project and my DD,because I can't afford 2 cars,and I throw DD out there to try and shed off the "rotaries are unreliable" myths.

And I say the same thing about my mudstain.

CaTcH22
12-13-2009, 03:18 PM

BALLER status
Hahahahahahahahahahaha *breathes* hahahahahahahahaha.

Mantooth
12-13-2009, 03:37 PM
To me, and maybe this is just because I am part of the Rx-7 community and reliability has to be thrown in. You can call something a daily even if it;s your only car. To say something is a daily driver doesn't have to imply "I have a non daily too". To me it says, this car, gets me to work and back every day. It makes my daily commute. It is reliable and practical enough for me. Somebody once asked me if a first gen Rx-7 makes a good DD. I said, well, not really, they get bad gas mileage, but I DD mine so it can get the job done. It's my only car, but I still tell people it's both my project and my DD,because I can't afford 2 cars,and I throw DD out there to try and shed off the "rotaries are unreliable" myths.How bad?

slostang
12-13-2009, 05:27 PM
i would be surprised if that 4dr had 100whp. lulz.

87 Turbo II
12-13-2009, 07:20 PM
How bad?

stock is 17-19/22-24 city/highway

mine constantly gets 13 +1 mpg averaging mostly highway

Evil Goat
12-13-2009, 08:05 PM

The irony of the whole discussion is the guys who are actually defending the fact that an only car is a daily driver, are the only ones ACTUALLY thinking about it lol

is it ironic that you're insinuating people are dumb because you haven't seen a single supporting argument for this yet the supporting argument is in the original post that got your panties all toasty?

Z0_o6
12-13-2009, 08:13 PM
is it bad if my daily is the car i'm currently working on, and im DD'ing my fun cars? or what if my daily is currently faster than my fun cars? :D

Evil Goat
12-13-2009, 08:14 PM
is it bad if my daily is the car i'm currently working on, and im DD'ing my fun cars? or what if my daily is currently faster than my fun cars? :D

who would do such a thing? i mean what kinda asshole lets a perfectly good civic sedan sit in the back yard needing only a headlight to put it back on the road and drives their gto....

wait.... :eek:

Me86Rob
12-13-2009, 10:25 PM
is it ironic that you're insinuating people are dumb because you haven't seen a single supporting argument for this yet the supporting argument is in the original post that got your panties all toasty?
the reason he hasn't givin a supporting argument is because he isnt a fucktard, and can look at the post I made thave GIVES THE DEFINITION

uproot
12-13-2009, 10:28 PM
lol, this thread can't be serious.

Lankhoss
12-13-2009, 10:49 PM

I was insinuating no such thing. I don't think there's any need for name calling in this discussion. I just find it funny that the one group of people (yourself included) that HAVE decided to call people names that question their intelligence, are the ones that don't seem to know how a debate works.

Mantooth
12-13-2009, 10:53 PM
stock is 17-19/22-24 city/highway

mine constantly gets 13 +1 mpg averaging mostly highwayWow, I average about that...:thinking:

87 Turbo II
12-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Wow, I average about that...:thinking:

only my car is 2200 pounds has has a 1.3L in it. Again, it's a bad Daily but I do daily it as it is my only car.

Mantooth
12-13-2009, 11:23 PM
only my car is 2200 pounds has has a 1.3L in it. Again, it's a bad Daily but I do daily it as it is my only car.Mine weighs 4300lbs:cry:

87 Turbo II
12-14-2009, 12:33 AM
Mine weighs 4300lbs:cry:

4300 pounds of panty dropping comfort and style. all I have is a street legal rotary go kart and i still isn't anywhere near as fast or engineered to handle as well as your E55 haha. So don't feel bad.

Mantooth
12-14-2009, 12:37 AM
4300 pounds of panty dropping comfort and style. all I have is a street legal rotary go kart and i still isn't anywhere near as fast or engineered to handle as well as your E55 haha. So don't feel bad.I bet it's fun as hell to throw around though!

87 Turbo II
12-14-2009, 01:46 AM
I bet it's fun as hell to throw around though!

oh yeah, zippy little lightweight

Humphrizzle
12-14-2009, 02:00 AM
i have a broken down ef i cant drive.. and my si is my daily..

i qualify?

imperception
12-14-2009, 11:29 AM
so so true man...foncused people out there

Evil Goat
12-15-2009, 12:43 PM
i have a broken down ef i cant drive.. and my si is my daily..

i qualify?

your si's on doo-doo's and missing a lugnut on the front....you have more things to worry about than which turd is your dd

thepolecat
12-15-2009, 12:47 PM
I have a 4 door civic as my daily. and I have a 4 door civic that sits in the garage.

I just really like my 4 door civics!