PDA

View Full Version : bmw clutch issues

nosascr26
12-12-2009, 07:10 PM
i got a 94 e34 530i and had the clutch shit out on me.. it has ZERO pressure and jus sticks to the floor, i replaced the slave cylinder and master cylinder and still no pressure..

any ideas?? greatly appreciate the help

Tech5
12-12-2009, 08:13 PM
make sure you get all the air out of the line!!!!!

nosascr26
12-12-2009, 08:16 PM
it is.. lol, its been bleed numerous times. i work at kauffman tire n had tech do the work, hopin mayb somebody knows somethin we dont. :???:

Schroeder
12-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Did you check to make sure the rod is still in the cup on the Clutch Fork, and the fork is still attached to the TO bearing??

nosascr26
12-12-2009, 08:21 PM
nawl.. i didn personally but then again the other guy is doin most of the work, i'll have to check with him on that.

nosascr26
12-12-2009, 08:24 PM
ooohh, yea we checked all that, cuz we can hear the TO bearing is needing replaced, would that mayb have anything to do with it??

and mi bad if these questions seem inexperienced.. i dnt do clutches. lol

Schroeder
12-12-2009, 09:00 PM
If the pedal is just sitting on the floor you either have air in the system, the pedal isnt attached to the Clutch Master Cylinder, the Slave cylinder isnt attached to the Clutch Fork, the fork has fallen off of the pivot ball or TO bearing. Have him check to make sure the fork is positioned correctly. Are you sure you didn't break the clutch fingers (Unlikely but u never know) and theres nothing there for the TO bearing to press upon? And its always possible that you got bad parts from stock.

What were you doing when the pedal originally went to the floor?

JDMGRNAV6
12-12-2009, 09:04 PM
x2

nosascr26
12-12-2009, 09:30 PM
ill have him check all that monday, we're pulling the tranny out next week to check everything over..
and we were hopin it was bad parts, so we got extras of each part still no luck.

but wen the clutch hit the floor i was just hittin the clutch to put it in nuetral to slow down coming off an exit.. the clutch hasnt been thrashed, i havent tried drifting it or done any serious beating on the clutch at all.. :-?