PDA

View Full Version : MIP ticket

C-loS109
12-12-2009, 09:03 AM
i dont know where else to post this but...

has anybody ever been charged with this? if so can you please tell me your outcome and give me names of lawyers i can reach...

short story about what happened. not going to say who it was but it wasn't me

good friend of mine who is 18 went to drink with some buddies and on the way home the car got pulled over by Lawrenceville finest. my friend wasn't driving though. . had to blow the Breathalyzer and came out with .114. his charge its minor possession of alcohol and admitting to drinking. which i guess are the same. didn't go to jail or anything. my friend and the driver where the only ones to get citations but they all had been drinking and came out with results on the Breathalyzer. so i don't see why he was the only non driver to get charged.

thanks in advanced.

bdydrpdmazda
12-12-2009, 09:06 AM
if it wasnt you then why do you want to know what lawyers YOU can call?

C-loS109
12-12-2009, 09:16 AM
if it wasnt you then why do you want to know what lawyers YOU can call?

i failed to read or understand the part where you answered the questions i asked. this goes to upcoming replies. if its got nothing to do with the answers i don't want any smart ass replies.

quickdodgeŽ
12-12-2009, 09:21 AM
i failed to read or understand the part where you answered the questions i asked. this goes to upcoming replies. if its got nothing to do with the answers i don't want any smart ass replies.

Got to realize, you posted this in the WL. This isn't the section for seriousness. But it is true, though, in why do you need to get in touch with a lawyer. Later, QD.

j0nbunklah0m
12-12-2009, 09:21 AM
i had it before. i just paid the fine. it was like 330$

D3UC3S
12-12-2009, 09:22 AM
underage drinking ftl

tell your friend to pay the ticket and stop trying so hard to fit in/be cool by drinking at 18....it was cool in the 70's but now, it just brings nothing positive...

REAL TALK

bdydrpdmazda
12-12-2009, 09:24 AM
I can understand why youre upset right now after getting a ticket like that...

My wife got a couple of them back in the day when she was a minor, she just paid the fine. If youre underage and the cop gives you a breathalyzer, then you fail it then it sounds pretty cut and dry.

C-loS109
12-12-2009, 09:25 AM
i had it before. i just paid the fine. it was like 330$

pm'd

and QD well i forgot IA its all full of douchery. its sad though how i only see this in this forum.

nsany(atl)
12-12-2009, 09:26 AM
What Would Tim Tebow Do?

C-loS109
12-12-2009, 09:36 AM
I can understand why youre upset right now after getting a ticket like that...

My wife got a couple of them back in the day when she was a minor, she just paid the fine. If youre underage and the cop gives you a breathalyzer, then you fail it then it sounds pretty cut and dry.

like i said. it wasnt me but ok.

Kourt
12-12-2009, 09:45 AM
I got one a couple of weeks ago. Waiting to go to court for it in January, they wouldnt let me just pay the fine. Mine is a little different though, I blew a 0.00, so I may fight it just so it's not on my record.

D3UC3S
12-12-2009, 09:47 AM
pm'd

and QD well i forgot IA its all full of douchery. its sad though how i only see this in this forum.

ya, real sad...is it that hard to just ignore what is common knowledge??? why you gotta cry about it and act like you hate the site compared to ALL others:thinking:

underage drinking is way cooler than IA though...my bad

j0nbunklah0m
12-12-2009, 09:51 AM
I got one a couple of weeks ago. Waiting to go to court for it in January, they wouldnt let me just pay the fine. Mine is a little different though, I blew a 0.00, so I may fight it just so it's not on my record.

i had to go to court for one too. they just made me pay the same fine and take a alcohol awareness class too. n that shits like 90$ or sumin

C-loS109
12-12-2009, 10:17 AM
ya, real sad...is it that hard to just ignore what is common knowledge??? why you gotta cry about it and act like you hate the site compared to ALL others:thinking:

underage drinking is way cooler than IA though...my bad

im not crying and i don't hate this site. there is 5x more contributing members then assholes. whoever said underage drinking was cool? i know i didn't. all i know is that my friend committed a mistake. and im just trying to figure out the best way of dealing with it.

D3UC3S
12-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Tell him to deal with it...he's never gonna learn if his friends just keep doing all the work for him(sounds like what you are doing).

Don't get me wrong, thats a cool thing to do for a friend but if you wanna help him out, show him the err of his ways and let him do all the legwork in this situation. He made his bed by drinking, now its time to sleep in it.

again, REAL TALK

collins
12-12-2009, 01:24 PM
I got one a couple of weeks ago. Waiting to go to court for it in January, they wouldnt let me just pay the fine. Mine is a little different though, I blew a 0.00, so I may fight it just so it's not on my record. wait... So you blew on the breathalyzer, nothing registered, and they STILL gave you a citation? Something doesn't make sense here.

Mantooth
12-12-2009, 01:27 PM
STOP BREAKING THE LAW, ASSHOLE!

Mantooth
12-12-2009, 01:29 PM
wait... So you blew on the breathalyzer, nothing registered, and they STILL gave you a citation? Something doesn't make sense here.Legally they can cite you for appearing to be inebriated, whether you are or not.:thinking:

collins
12-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Legally they can cite you for appearing to be inebriated, whether you are or not.:thinking:

news to me... thats fuggin gay!

Stormhammer
12-12-2009, 03:11 PM
news to me... thats fuggin gay!

not really - if they fail other field tests they can still be charged.

ATL_EG
12-12-2009, 03:20 PM
just a fine and some b.s class you have to take one saturday

On_Her_Face
12-12-2009, 05:17 PM
underage drinking ftl

tell your friend to pay the ticket and stop trying so hard to fit in/be cool by drinking at 18....it was cool in the 70's but now, it just brings nothing positive...

REAL TALK

You're not even from the 70s. REAL TALK lol.

D3UC3S
12-12-2009, 05:57 PM
You're not even from the 70s. REAL TALK lol.

what the fuck does that have to do with anything:thinking:

back then it was legal @ 18 to drink..thats what i was sayin you fucking dick smoker

Kourt
12-12-2009, 05:57 PM
wait... So you blew on the breathalyzer, nothing registered, and they STILL gave you a citation? Something doesn't make sense here.

Yep, basically he already had the ticket half way wrote out when the other cop breathalyzed me and I guess couldnt just not finish it, but i was holding a beer when he walked up (I was not in a car) so that's why I got a ticket. He didnt write it for MIP though, he wrote it for DUA.

Mantooth
12-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Yep, basically he already had the ticket half way wrote out when the other cop breathalyzed me and I guess couldnt just not finish it, but i was holding a beer when he walked up (I was not in a car) so that's why I got a ticket. He didnt write it for MIP though, he wrote it for DUA.Side note: People really mistake your sex with the user name "Kourt"?:thinking:

x Resilience
12-12-2009, 09:45 PM
underage drinking ftl

REAL TALK

Its way more fun, I know a bunch of people that say drinking underage and legally is not the same.

In before one's legal and one isn't.

x Resilience
12-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh, and only dumb motherfuckers get caught.

Kourt
12-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Side note: People really mistake your sex with the user name "Kourt"?:thinking:

Yes, and they still do with it saying "Is not a male" under my username.

Mantooth
12-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Yes, and they still do with it saying "Is not a male" under my username.:lmfao: