PDA

View Full Version : OBD1 codes...4, 20, and 41...!!!

teh_mugen18
12-11-2009, 09:56 PM
I have an OBD0 to OBD1 converted car, and its a chipped P28 CROME ecu...

It is throwing the current codes

4 - CKP Crank position sensor
20 - ELD electronic load detector
41 - Oxygen Sensor heater malfunction

Now, code #20, im really not sure where that one is coming from because i had the shop disable it in my ecu, and i know for a fact it was disabled, because it ran my old engine perfectly. For some reason, it seems to have "recalled" that one circuit which doesnt even exist on my car. :no:

Code #41, i do know where that one is coming from, due to the fact of how my oxygen sensor wires are connected from the ecu; there's no plug to the o2. Its just the 4 wires coming from the ecu, each of them soldered into a needle-like end, and stuck into my actual sensor. (:blah: before anyone goes on about ''do it right the first time''), I would like to get it done properly, but im not sure which color wire goes to which end on the oxygen sensor because i dont have an OEM sensor, so all the wires are either white, black or grey and i cant do any color-matching... :doh:

and code #4, I've never run into anything like this before. I had/have a brand new distributor on my car, and the distributor conversion harness also previously made everything run perfectly. I'm not sure about this one.

LOL and i hafta get all these codes cleared out before i take my car to the dyno too... Help would be greatly appreciated and repped.

95droppedhatch
12-12-2009, 01:28 AM
as far as the code number #4 and #41 check all your fuses i had a 96 civic throw both those codes and my buddy is a head mechanic at currey honda and he looked at it and replaced a fuse and reset the light and it never came back let me know if this helps

scttydb411
12-13-2009, 11:59 AM
sounds like they might have forgot to disable some things. try getting it reflashed again with eld and o2 disabled and then go about fixing the #4. i've see bad conversion harnesses randomly pop up code 4. swap harnesses to a boomslang if you've exhausted all other dist/wiring issues.

teh_mugen18
12-13-2009, 06:32 PM
^^^it already is a boomslang, and to the OP above scotty, what fuse could it possibly be that's out to cause that?? And i kinda need to have my o2, for emissions purposes...

teh_mugen18
12-15-2009, 09:55 AM
BUMP to the top, this thing is becoming a PITA, seriously. I last night went to ''reset'' my ecu, by unplugging it from the car right before i went to sleep in an effort to clear everything out of it, and i woke up this morning, plugged it back in and cranked my car up. NOW its throwing the first 3 codes and decided to add yet ANOTHER ONE, wtf. Code #10 - IAT sensor. I dont even understand where all these codes are coming from because, 1, the parts are all new. 2, why didnt it throw the code when i had the ecu hooked up before?? 3, i need to get all this stuff cleared up/fixed before i take it to the dyno, and im wondering is it actually PARTS that are wrong or is it just my ecu being a little dike and not agreeing with my car??

Because, i can understand if its simply my ecu being difficult if they get it up on the dyno and can clear everything out, but if its actually the parts that are bad, it'll be a completely different story i already know...

EDIT:

After looking through the evans tuning ''pre-dyno checklist''... i realize, that two of the codes, im no longer gonna worry about, because they can be cleared out during the session i believe. And the only one i really need to worry about is the one for the crank position sensor.

95droppedhatch
12-15-2009, 09:31 PM
sorry but i am not sure what fuse it was i know it was in the fuse cluster under the dash so i would just check each one of them