PDA

View Full Version : 82 Yr. Old Driver Charged In 5 Yr. Olds Death

speedminded
12-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Woman, 82, Charged in School Girl's Death

http://www.11alive.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=138609&catid=40

MARIETTA, Ga. -- Police have charged an 82-year-old woman in the death of a 5-year-old girl who was hit by a car moment after stepping off a school bus.

The driver of the car, Edith Anderson, was not injured in the wreck.

Cobb police spokesman Joe Hernandez said Karla Campos was taken to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite Hospital, where she died later.

Cobb County schools spokesman Jay Dillon said the Mountain View Elementary kindergartner got off the bus at a curb Wednesday afternoon.

Hernandez said a car behind the bus continued on the right side, running onto the curb and into the grass. The car hit Karla as her mother and two younger siblings watched.

Investigators said Anderson had tried to step on the brake and instead stepped on the accelerator when she approached the school bus and stopped cars behind it. They said she swerved around the vehicles, and up on the sidewalk where she hit little Karla Campos.

(The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

So who was it that was arguing with me about how the 89 year old man that killed 10 people shouldn't be charged or serve time? I can't find that thread, the guys name was George R. Weller.

PURP
12-10-2009, 07:31 PM
seen it on the news yesterday..... I think the right thing is being done.

RL...
12-10-2009, 07:37 PM
ppl 80 and older should not drive, period.

NAMNORI
12-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Look if you had to take a test every year after the age pf 70 this would not happen as often, sorry to say it but the elderly cause more wrecks than younger people. They don't have the motor skills needed to avoid people or obsticals in a hurry. I hope to god if I hit that age I will be able to drive still but its a priveledge not a right. Something needs to be done about this problem. Its not just dangerous for them but everyone else also.

nreggie454
12-10-2009, 07:42 PM
ppl 80 and older should not drive, period.

Agreed... until I turn 80. You would have to take my keys from my cold, dead hands.

I think that past age 70 or 75 you should have a mandatory driving test to determine that you still have the capability to drive safely.

Julio
12-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Then the constitutional right shit would come up...

I hope she gets life in prison.. lol... At least she wont cost to much tax dollar unless she has the green mile curse.

87 Turbo II
12-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Lol dumbass. The school bus lets kids off to the right, why not swerve left?

AeeCeeCard
12-10-2009, 10:45 PM
why is it that i pay super high insurance payments to drive.
yet i have never read a news report or story about a 20ish year old guy stepping on the gas instead of the brakes.
and they pay like 2 dollars a year? gayness.

MINI
12-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Look if you had to take a test every year after the age pf 70 this would not happen as often, sorry to say it but the elderly cause more wrecks than younger people. They don't have the motor skills needed to avoid people or obsticals in a hurry. I hope to god if I hit that age I will be able to drive still but its a priveledge not a right. Something needs to be done about this problem. Its not just dangerous for them but everyone else also.

Elderly cause more wrecks than younger people? HAHA Yeeeeeeah youve got your facts straight.