PDA

View Full Version : Sports UFC 107: Penn v. Sanchez

TicketRedBB6
12-10-2009, 04:47 PM
This Sat. the 12th.
Penn v. Sanchez for the lightweight championship
Mir v. Kongo
Florian v. Guida

I think it'll be Penn's hardest fight since dropping down a class, but I still see him winning without too much of a struggle. He's incredibly focused right now.

Anyone gonna watch this?

lowazzcord
12-10-2009, 04:59 PM
im watching and heres how i think it will go
1. penn in the second ko or possible rear naked like the fight with kenflo
2. kongo is a beast at striking mirs a renound grappler. imo kongo by ko in the 1st
3. kenflo wants it bad guida is amazing but more or less a rebound fight for kflo and the judges go in his favor by split

TicketRedBB6
12-10-2009, 05:18 PM
I agree. I think Florian will fight well coming back from that loss. I don't know anything about Kongo, but Mir hasn't impressed me since he came back and I see him losing again.

azn_nvazn
12-10-2009, 05:36 PM
My predictions:

Penn wins by rear naked choke late third round. They'll spend a lot of time measuring each other for strikes due to having respect for each others punching power.

Mir wins by arm bar or leg lock mid to late first round. Mir doesn't want to strike with Kongo so he's clinch and takes him down fast.

Kenflo wins by decisions. Guida's intensity makes for an exciting fight but he lack real knockout power and his ground game is not as seasoned as Kenflo. Kenflo will do just enough to pull out the victory.

P.S. You can watch all UFC livestreaming ppv on mmashare.com.

ekcivic1991
12-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Damn can Diego get some love

My personal opinion is that Penn is a great fighter, and would win 9/10 times. But Diego is also a great fighter and his jiu jitsu its good(not as good as Penns by no means), his striking and overall athleic ability are on his side; not to mention his cardio.

Bj may win
But by no means will Diego get his "ass beat".

sorry for the rant im the only guy at the gym who thinks diego has a chance

BanginJimmy
12-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Damn can Diego get some love

My personal opinion is that Penn is a great fighter, and would win 9/10 times. But Diego is also a great fighter and his jiu jitsu its good(not as good as Penns by no means), his striking and overall athleic ability are on his side; not to mention his cardio.

Bj may win

Sanchez definitely has a chance, but everything that he does, Penn does equally well or better. Penn is by far the best fighter in 155.

lowazzcord
12-11-2009, 01:48 AM
penn owns his weight class and he will be challenged but not beaten for a while unless he makes a bad decision again of stepping to gsp where he don't belong

TicketRedBB6
12-11-2009, 05:36 AM
I def. think diago has a chance. I said in the OP this was the hardest fight BJ's had since dropping weight. I just think he will come out on top without too much struggle. Diago is a beast though, he certaintly has the ability to pull it off.

Greddypacked
12-11-2009, 06:46 AM
Diego wins, though I like Penn. Diego is just an action full force kind of guy that dont dance around the ring and wait. He goes at his opponent fiercly and can last all rounds w/ endurance. Kongo could pull it off w/ his long big arms and striking, just dont let Mir take you down. Other fight im not to big on. Should be a good UFC showdown.

Master Shake
12-11-2009, 10:33 AM
i think these are gonna be some bad-ass fights.

sanchez is def. a good fighter. i think its about time he is getting his chance. on the other hand penn is a dominator. he didn't hold 2 titles on anything less. it could go either way, but i think penn has a slight advantage. this should def. last a few round. penn with tapout in 3rd.

kongo can kick box like a sumbish. mir has the ground game. both lack a bit where the other is well known for it. although, i think both are trainin for the other accordingly(i.e-kongo workin his ground game). should be a good fight. i will say mir with submission in 2nd.

not to big on kenflo or guida.

lowazzcord
12-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Penn is too stable on his feet he stays on his feet then takes sanchezz down in the second or third

Greddypacked
12-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Penn is too stable on his feet he stays on his feet then takes sanchezz down in the second or third

So what lol... Diego Nightmare has great standup and has gone toe to toe w/ plenty of fighters I mean both smacking each other in the head and he becomes victorious. BJ would probably want it to the ground.

Sunny_B13
12-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Diego got his "ass beat"..

Verik
12-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Bj may win

lol ironic that diego got outclassed no matter where the fight went (stand up and on the ground).

I was surprised to see mir putting on the weight he had... i always saw him as a mid sized hw and he sure as hell wasn't anywhere near brock's size both times they fought... guess it was good motivation for him to step up.

TicketRedBB6
12-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Diego got his "ass beat"..
I can't think of anyone that could fight BJ in the near future and not get their ass beat the length of the fight. Penn is the GSP and Silva of his weight class.

lowazzcord
12-13-2009, 06:36 PM
So what lol... Diego Nightmare has great standup and has gone toe to toe w/ plenty of fighters I mean both smacking each other in the head and he becomes victorious. BJ would probably want it to the ground.

diego didnt do so well standing up "or the takedowns" he got owned

ekcivic1991
12-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Damn i didnt expect BJ to fight that well or Diego to fight that bad.
That first bomb changed to whole fight. It messed diego up in the head from there on out.

But i mean who the fuck expected bj to be in good shape like that

big mac
12-13-2009, 11:16 PM
I didn't see the Kongo fight, did he win

lowazzcord
12-13-2009, 11:46 PM
mir punched him and almost knocked him out then choked him out fast as hell. it was just disappointing

TicketRedBB6
12-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Damn i didnt expect BJ to fight that well or Diego to fight that bad.
That first bomb changed to whole fight. It messed diego up in the head from there on out.

But i mean who the fuck expected bj to be in good shape like that
He's been in damn near the best shape of his career since dropping weight after the GSP fight. He hasn't had a challenge in his last three fights.

Greddypacked
12-14-2009, 12:17 PM
diego didnt do so well standing up "or the takedowns" he got owned

Yes he did. I was chasing down my beers and w/ buds at Wild wings watching it lol. He got beat pretty bad.