PDA

View Full Version : kenwood unlcok code??

chuck
12-10-2009, 10:46 AM
so i have this old kenwood dvd unit, model # KVT-815, it is asking for a lock code and i don't have a clue where to begin. i've done some searches, have the remote, and have had no luck with the KCAR "universal code"...anybody have any ideas?
it sat unpowered for at least 2 years, i've hit the reset button, tried holding buttons, the only input i can seem to give is the 0-9 on the touchscreen...the remote control is only able to turn it off and on, no code entry.

hoping to put this in my gf's car for christmas...might be nice to have unlocked, lol...or i thought about making it her new game to play in traffic...1:9999 odds, lol.

sina518
12-10-2009, 11:05 AM
its a combination of buttons on the remote i forget what it is exactly, call a kenwood dealer and they should know it

Scott P
12-11-2009, 07:09 AM
you have to have the alphanumeric remote to use the universal unlock code, and even then there is a chance that has been erased from the radio's memory. Like Sina said you can call a few kenwood dealers and see if they can help, but I am betting it will end up having to be shipped back to Kenwood

chuck
12-11-2009, 08:52 AM
you have to have the alphanumeric remote to use the universal unlock code, and even then there is a chance that has been erased from the radio's memory. Like Sina said you can call a few kenwood dealers and see if they can help, but I am betting it will end up having to be shipped back to Kenwood

i have the ABC remote and no luck with the KCAR unlock code...gonna try to dig out the CMOS battery and see if i can make a new code?