PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a realistic way to fix GM and Chrysler

Doppelgänger
12-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Forwarded to me...and now on to you f00s..

Fixing GM and Chrysler.

The single best way to improve Chrysler and GM over the long term? Require every executive, from department manager on up, to own and personally drive a used vehicle that is out of warranty for their personal daily driver. Make them solely responsible for their own vehicles. They must find and buy them with no paycheck deductions. They must arrange for service visits, which are only allowed at dealers with low CSI scores. They can get no help from their administrative assistants or spouses, including drop off and pick up, and must do it on their own time. Get them using 3-4 year old 100k mile vehicles every day so they can see what the bean counter decisions do to the quality and ergonomics of a car down the road, and not just how well it works for 6-12 months until they are allotted the next brand new car from the company pool. Winter tires? Find them yourself. Car wash? No company porters allowed. Company fuel island fill-ups? Gone. I mean everything. Only when they must live with the decisions they have made will they realize how woefully craptastic they really are.

Why is this so important? That first used car that the college student or new grad buys for a few thousand can make or break a customer for life. Product is King, and until they realize that, nothing will change.

cjhutch
12-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Sounds good to me. That's a least one step in the right direction. There are so many things wrong with those two companies.

Nerdsrock22
12-10-2009, 10:44 AM
That would do it.

That being said, I've had 2 S10's that were as rock solid (reliability wise) as my used Honda's. And both were 3+ years old.

Vteckidd
12-10-2009, 11:02 AM
i prefer just letting them go bankrupt and getting rid of them

.blank cd
12-10-2009, 03:04 PM
i prefer just letting them go bankrupt and getting rid of them
:stupid: