PDA

View Full Version : Misc PitBull Question?

ekcivic1991
12-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Does someone wanna give me the low down on pitbulls.
What is the difference in all the blood lines like gotti, razors edge, and im sure there is more.

Also in pitbull shows what do they judge the dogs off of? their swolness, head size?

The reason i ask is i just saw some pits in the forsale section and i was curious

volvo_c30
12-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Does someone wanna give me the low down on pitbulls.
What is the difference in all the blood lines like gotti, razors edge, and im sure there is more.

Also in pitbull shows what do they judge the dogs off of? their swolness, head size?

The reason i ask is i just saw some pits in the forsale section and i was curious

they judge on how many babies they can devour in 30 seconds...hehe

nreggie454
12-09-2009, 11:28 PM
http://www.akc.org/breeds/american_staffordshire_terrier/index.cfm
Best I could find for pit bulls.

Train it well and you shouldn't have any problems. It is usually the untrained or not trained enough ones that end up hurting people.

volvo_c30
12-09-2009, 11:31 PM
wasnt saying anything bad about them my buddie down here has one and its the best dog ever, they just have that reputation hehe couldnt find anything on google

nreggie454
12-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Yeah, one of my friends has one that was apparently bred for fighting by some semi-shady folks, but the dog is really one of the sweetest dogs I have ever come across. She loves everybody and will lick you to death before even considering an aggressive act.

Evil Goat
12-09-2009, 11:37 PM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/25129825/Pitbull+p1ibull.jpg

95alty
12-12-2009, 08:02 AM
They go off of alot of things on the shows. But the massive ones with heads and size are known as American Bully... RE, Gotti, Watchmen all of those are bullies. AKC does not recognize APBTs. Only the UKC

Go to clubbully.com or pitbull-chat.com to find out more on shows

neon_ert3
12-12-2009, 12:58 PM
They go off of alot of things on the shows. But the massive ones with heads and size are known as American Bully... RE, Gotti, Watchmen all of those are bullies. AKC does not recognize APBTs. Only the UKC

speekz da troof

ka24boost
12-12-2009, 01:51 PM
The APBT head is unique and a key element of breed type. It is large and broad, giving the impression of great power, but it is not disproportionate to the size of the body. Viewed from the front, the head is shaped like a broad, blunt wedge. When viewed from the side, the skull and muzzle are parallel to one another and joined by a well defined, moderately deep stop. Supraorbital arches over the eyes are well defined but not pronounced. The head is well chiseled, blending strength, elegance, and character.

Very Serious Fault: Overly large, heavy heads.

SKULL - The skull is large, flat or slightly rounded, deep, and broad between the ears. Viewed from the top, the skull tapers just slightly toward the stop. There is a deep median furrow that diminishes in depth from the stop to the occiput. Cheek muscles are prominent but free of wrinkles. When the dog is concentrating, wrinkles form on the forehead, which give the APBT his unique expression.

MUZZLE - The muzzle is broad and deep with a very slight taper from the stop to the nose, and a slight falling away under the eyes. The length of muzzle is shorter than the length of skull, with a ratio of approximately 2:3. The topline of the muzzle is straight. The lower jaw is well developed, wide and deep. Lips are clean and tight.

Faults: Snipey muzzle; flews; weak lower jaw.

Very Serious Fault: Muzzle too short, which impairs breathing capability.

TEETH - The American Pit Bull Terrier has a complete set of evenly spaced, white teeth meeting in a scissors bite.

Fault: Level bite.

Serious Faults: Undershot, or overshot bite; wry mouth; missing teeth (this does not apply to teeth that have been lost or removed by a veterinarian).

NOSE - The nose is large with wide, open nostrils. The nose may be any color.

EYES - Eyes are medium size, round and set well apart and low on the skull. All colors are equally acceptable except blue, which is a serious fault. Haw should not be visible.

Serious Faults: Bulging eyes; both eyes not matched in color; blue eyes.

EARS - Ears are high set and may be natural or cropped without preference. Prick or flat, wide ears are not desired.

NECK

The neck is of moderate length and muscular. There is a slight arch at the crest. The neck widens gradually from where it joins the skull to where it blends into well laid-back shoulders. The skin on the neck is tight and without dewlap.

Faults: Neck too thin or weak; ewe neck; dewlap.

Very Serious Fault: A short, thick neck that would interfere with functional ability.

FOREQUARTERS

The shoulder blades are long, wide, muscular, and well laid back. The upper arm is roughly equal in length to the shoulder blade and joins it at an apparent right angle.

The forelegs are strong and muscular. The elbows are set close to the body. Viewed from the front, the forelegs are set moderately wide apart and perpendicular to the ground. The pasterns are short, powerful, straight, and flexible. When viewed in profile, the pasterns are nearly erect.

Faults: Upright or loaded shoulders; elbows turned outward or tied-in; down at the pasterns; front legs bowed; wrists knuckled over; toeing in or out.

Very Serious Fault: Legs shorter than half the total height at the withers.

BODY

The chest is deep, well filled in, and moderately wide with ample room for heart and lungs, but the chest should never be wider than it is deep. The forechest does not extend much beyond the point of shoulder. The ribs extend well back and are well sprung from the spine, then flattening to form a deep body extending to the elbows. The back is strong and firm. The topline inclines very slightly downward from the withers to a broad, muscular, level back. The loin is short, muscular and slightly arched to the top of the croup, but narrower than the rib cage and with a moderate tuck-up. The croup is slightly sloping downward.

Very Serious Fault: Overly massive body style that impedes working ability.

HINDQUARTERS

The hindquarters are strong, muscular, and moderately broad. The rump is well filled in on each side of the tail and deep from the pelvis to the crotch. The bone, angulation, and musculature of the hindquarters are in balance with the forequarters. The thighs are well developed with thick, easily discerned muscles. Viewed from the side, the hock joint is well bent and the rear pasterns are well let down and perpendicular to the ground. Viewed from the rear, the rear pasterns are straight and parallel to one another.

Faults: Narrow hindquarters; hindquarters shallow from pelvis to crotch; lack of muscle; straight or over angulated stifle joint; cow hocks; sickle hocks; bowed legs.

FEET

The feet are round, proportionate to the size of the dog, well arched, and tight. Pads are hard, tough, and well cushioned. Dewclaws may be removed.

Fault: Splayed feet.

TAIL

The tail is set on as a natural extension of the topline, and tapers to a point. When the dog is relaxed, the tail is carried low and extends approximately to the hock. When the dog is moving, the tail is carried level with the backline. When the dog is excited, the tail may be carried in a raised, upright position (challenge tail), but never curled over the back (gay tail).

Fault: Long tail (tail tip passes beyond point of hock).

Serious faults: Gay tail (not to be confused with challenge tail); kinked tail.

Disqualification: Bobbed tail.

COAT

The coat is glossy and smooth, close, and moderately stiff to the touch.

Faults: Curly, wavy, or sparse coat.

Disqualification: Long coat.

ka24boost
12-12-2009, 01:54 PM
ukc
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/titansbullies/P1010428.jpg
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/titansbullies/IMG_7656.jpg

ka24boost
12-12-2009, 01:55 PM
bully style
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/titansbullies/fatz0040.jpg
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/titansbullies/100_0519.jpg

ka24boost
12-12-2009, 01:57 PM
imo i would consider watchdog as being bully they are more xl pits then bully. the old dog men consider bully being any pit that look like a bull dog. The new school def is different depends on who you ask.

95alty
12-12-2009, 02:04 PM
^ The IA APBT Man

ekcivic1991
12-12-2009, 03:14 PM
good info man

but if only those dogs were a little taller and could actually go running .

ka24boost
12-12-2009, 04:07 PM
funny man all my dog are 17 inches or shorter and they can hang with any standard size pit. Also a couple can jump in back of my truck with no help or lift.

95alty
12-12-2009, 07:37 PM
good info man

but if only those dogs were a little taller and could actually go running .

I can guarentee mine can run and keep up with most if not all apbt

ka24boost
12-19-2009, 05:39 AM
I know a lot of people that purchase dog from mugleston and never got there pup or paper. The main different between gotti heavy dog and kon is the height. Most gotti are below 17 or 18 and wide. Most kon are 21 in or more

bkou
12-19-2009, 07:07 PM
The judge decides on the girths of the body, the head shape and head size proportion wise. They also like correct dog like dog with even bite, no kink tail, no red syndrome eye etc.

5speed
12-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah, one of my friends has one that was apparently bred for fighting by some semi-shady folks, but the dog is really one of the sweetest dogs I have ever come across. She loves everybody and will lick you to death before even considering an aggressive act.
I agree. I have a friend that has one of Vick's old fighters and it is the sweetest thing. They bring it to race tracks all the time and runs around without a leash most of the time. He loves kids, but is stand offish with adults at first but if you let him smell your hand and pet him a little bit he wont have a problem. Great with other dogs too. The poor dogs have such a bad stigma from people treating them like shit.

SPOOLIN
12-21-2009, 02:28 PM
my brother has a trained brown and white female. it wont move if you make it stay until you tell it otherwise. no begging at the table, no barking or growling.

Humphrizzle
01-02-2010, 06:23 AM
ugly dogs.

95alty
01-02-2010, 08:44 AM
^ Ugly car...

Mista Foe-Doe
01-02-2010, 09:43 AM
i love razor and gotti such a good loyal dog

95alty
01-02-2010, 11:03 AM
i love razor and gotti such a good loyal dog

Very True!

gottraction?
01-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Dont get one for the hype! best advice lol a good show to watch is pitbull and porales on animal planet! she does wonderful work with them

Mista Foe-Doe
01-03-2010, 02:09 AM
Dont get one for the hype! best advice lol a good show to watch is pitbull and porales on animal planet! she does wonderful work with them

:goodjob:

AnthonyF
01-03-2010, 08:13 PM
they judge on how many babies they can devour in 30 seconds...hehe
God damn it you're the dumbest asshole on here.

ugly dogs.
seriously. Is this necessary? My dog is beautiful. One of the most gorgeous dogs out there and gets more attention than most.

I have a Blue Nose Pit. They are docile. ANY dog is like their owner. You make them angry they will be aggressive. I trained my Pit Bull and I can take her to parks, stores, meet infants to old people and is the sweetest dog in the world.

You don't need a full blooded pitbull. They are VERY expensive and only really used for Shows and breeding. www.go-pitbull.com is a forum for Pits. I joined but never get on.

-Ant.

Complete
01-04-2010, 01:05 AM
ugly dogs.

:gay:

Miss.Kayla
01-15-2010, 12:05 AM
This is my baby. I paid only $400 for him and hes barely a year so you can imagine how big hell be.
and they are very sweet. I think one of the best breeds to get. They were bred as work dogs.
here is a good link to find out about any dog breed http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/abc.htm

i researched before i bout my Leo bcus i was afraid to get him with a pitbull next door.

allmotorEJ8
01-15-2010, 09:30 AM
My 3yr old brindle male and 2 1/2yr old white female.

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss246/Sedanman97/DogPics008.jpg
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss246/Sedanman97/DogPics009.jpg

The newest addition, my 10month old white/chocolate male.

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss246/Sedanman97/100_2297-1.jpg

I have 3 and have friends with them. They are all sweet depending on how they are raised and treated. All the dogs pictured are big ol babies, well with me anyways.

AnthonyF
01-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Miss.Kayla & allmotorEJ8

Post your Pit pictures in the "Post Yer Pitbull" thread. :goodjob:

-Ant.

allmotorEJ8
01-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Miss.Kayla & allmotorEJ8

Post your Pit pictures in the "Post Yer Pitbull" thread. :goodjob:

-Ant.

Didn't know there was one. Will do.

Oh and your avatar looks like a buddy of mine's dog.

AnthonyF
01-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Didn't know there was one. Will do.

Oh and your avatar looks like a buddy of mine's dog.
yeah, blues all look alike. :crazy: She's my baby girl and such a gangster pose, just like Miss.Kayla's signature. Gangster ass pose. +41 to both of you.

-Ant.

allmotorEJ8
01-15-2010, 09:57 AM
gotta link to the other thread? my search aint workin for some reason???

Austin?
01-15-2010, 10:01 AM
i got an 8 weeks old female pit and she if so sweet.
she alway want to lay next to someone and sleep.

Miss.Kayla
01-15-2010, 01:31 PM
yeah, blues all look alike. :crazy: She's my baby girl and such a gangster pose, just like Miss.Kayla's signature. Gangster ass pose. +41 to both of you.

-Ant.

hes my signature so i figured if hes gonna show up anyways i might as well point him out..very pretty girl btw ant. what bloodline is she? how big is she? i swear this breed is bred to look so good.