PDA

View Full Version : Riddles

The Ren
12-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Here are some riddles I got from a test I took in my communications class:

1- How many bricks does it take to complete a two story building?

2- I have two US coins totaling $0.55. One is not a nickel. What are they?

3- How many species of animals did Moses take on the arc with him?

4- How many times can you take 5 from 25?

5-Mary's mother has three daughters. Two of them were named Penny and Nickel; what was the name of the third daughter?

6-You are out in the wilderness in the middle of winter and make it to your destination, a log cabin. Since night is approaching and the temperature is falling, you need to make provisions for heat and light as the cabin is without electricity. You frantically search your pockets and you find one wooden match. You notice that there is plenty of wood for the fireplace, a can of kerosene next to a lantern, some old newspapers for kindling, and some candles. After this brief inventory, what do you light first?

7-You have a house that is a perfect cube. Each of the four outside walls has a southern exposure. You look out one of the windows and notice a bear. What color is the bear?

8-By the law of the Catholic Church it is illegal for a man to marry his widow's sister. Why?

9.You are walking through the library and spy a book with VOLIX written on the spine. Remembering that words ending in "ix" in French are pronounced different than words ending in "ix" in English, how do you suppose this is pronounced?

10.What is the correct pronunciation of the capital of Kentucky?
Louis-ville,
Louie-ville, or
Lou-a-vol

11. Ted and Ed are brothers. They have the same mother and father. They were born on the same day, at almost the same time, and in the same hospital. They also look exactly alike. However, they are not twins. How is this possible?

12. Some months have 30 days; some months have 31 days. How many have 28?

13.Charlie is a butcher. He is 50 years old, five foot ten inches tall, and has a 36 inch waist. By your best estimation, what does Charlie weigh?

14.Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer.

15.Three strikes make an out. Four balls make a walk. How many outs are there in an inning?

81911SC
12-09-2009, 10:39 PM
50 cent piece and the OTHER is the nikel

5-Mary's mother has three daughters. Two of them were named Penny and Nickel; what was the name of the third daughter?
Mary

All of them

15.Three strikes make an out. Four balls make a walk. How many outs are there in an inning?

Just skimmed through on the ones I didn't really have to think about.
Passing out so a couple maybe wrong http://smiliesftw.com/x/shrug.gif

The Ren
12-09-2009, 10:42 PM
You got all but one right..

allout13
12-09-2009, 10:44 PM

Just skimmed through on the ones I didn't really have to think about.
Passing out so a couple maybe wrong http://smiliesftw.com/x/shrug.gif

3 for each team

dohc4.6sc
12-09-2009, 10:44 PM
im only doing the first five and not even sure if they are right.

1.two stories worth

2. ( read it wrong damn it)2 quarters and a nickel(only ones not a nickel)

3.2 of every one?

4. once

5. mary

81911SC
12-09-2009, 10:45 PM
It's not that fucking coin one.
I heard that one different. It was 30 cents and one is not a nickel so the answer was a quarter but I don't see how it's possible another way or I'm just tired.

allout13
12-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Capital of KY is Frankfort

Charlie weighs meat because he is a butcher.

81911SC
12-09-2009, 10:46 PM
o son of a bitch

volvo_c30
12-09-2009, 10:46 PM

6-You are out in the wilderness in the middle of winter and make it to your destination, a log cabin. Since night is approaching and the temperature is falling, you need to make provisions for heat and light as the cabin is without electricity. You frantically search your pockets and you find one wooden match. You notice that there is plenty of wood for the fireplace, a can of kerosene next to a lantern, some old newspapers for kindling, and some candles. After this brief inventory, what do you light first?

7-You have a house that is a perfect cube. Each of the four outside walls has a southern exposure. You look out one of the windows and notice a bear. What color is the bear?

8-By the law of the Catholic Church it is illegal for a man to marry his widow's sister. Why?

9.You are walking through the library and spy a book with VOLIX written on the spine. Remembering that words ending in "ix" in French are pronounced different than words ending in "ix" in English, how do you suppose this is pronounced?

Louis-ville,
Louie-ville, or
Lou-a-vol

11. Ted and Ed are brothers. They have the same mother and father. They were born on the same day, at almost the same time, and in the same hospital. They also look exactly alike. However, they are not twins. How is this possible?

13.Charlie is a butcher. He is 50 years old, five foot ten inches tall, and has a 36 inch waist. By your best estimation, what does Charlie weigh?

14. 30/ (1/2) = 60 + 10 is 70

11. adoption?? doesnt say birth parents

allout13
12-09-2009, 10:48 PM

volvo_c30
12-09-2009, 10:49 PM
6. the match

volvo_c30
12-09-2009, 10:51 PM
12. all of them

allout13
12-09-2009, 10:51 PM
How many bricks does it take to complete a two story building?

it only takes one to complete the building

volvo_c30
12-09-2009, 10:53 PM
8. um i think this is right....the widow cann't marry her sister....or the man cant because hes dead

allout13
12-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Moses didnt take any animals on the arc

Noah however...

Evil Goat
12-09-2009, 10:55 PM
riddle: does this thread suck
answer: fuck yes

allout13
12-09-2009, 10:56 PM
only once, because after that, you have 20

JJSPEC Racing
12-09-2009, 10:57 PM
15. 6 outs

volvo_c30
12-09-2009, 10:59 PM
only one i cant do is the cube and the butcher....think im thinking to hard

allout13
12-09-2009, 10:59 PM

Volume nine

allout13
12-09-2009, 11:00 PM
only one i cant do is the cube and the butcher....think im thinking to hard

butcher answer is in post #7
he weighs meat

volvo_c30
12-09-2009, 11:02 PM
7. white.....polar bear ur on the ice caps?

volvo_c30
12-09-2009, 11:03 PM
butcher answer is in post #7
he weighs meat

ahhh yeah was thinking to hard hehe....well thats all of them

The Ren
12-09-2009, 11:03 PM
the house one is the hardest to me..

volvo_c30
12-09-2009, 11:04 PM
i had to think about it....if ur on the ice caps ur only facing either south or north right?? sooo yeah polar bear

The Ren
12-09-2009, 11:04 PM
You are correct young sir!

volvo_c30
12-09-2009, 11:07 PM
booyashica

allout13
12-09-2009, 11:21 PM
I dont think I would have figured out the polar bear one :(

stillaneon
12-10-2009, 07:00 AM

A .50 peice and a nickel

0, noah built the arc

Once, then you just have a 2

Mary

The Match

White

He would be dead

It's "Volume 9"

Louis-ville,
Louie-ville, or
Lou-a-vol

Frankfort

Different Years

All 12 of them

Meat

It's all in the wording, but I just dont know about a couple of those.