PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Help

-EnVus-
12-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Problem Solved thanks Guys !!

PRO®
12-09-2009, 01:14 PM
So i have never done a full exhaust install or removal before. I need to put the exhaust on a civic and i need to know what i gotta buy.
What gasket or whatever goes between the cat and header ?
Also what gasket goes between the midsection and axel-back ?
Reps for help

yea, just head over to autozone, they have all kinds of gaskets etc there

-EnVus-
12-09-2009, 01:19 PM
yea, just head over to autozone, they have all kinds of gaskets etc there
hahaha yeah i called just now and they guy didnt know what i needed and i even explained it to him and im like ok WTF ?
I know i need gaskets but what about a thin called the donut ring ?

Captain-Obvious™
12-09-2009, 01:39 PM
hahaha yeah i called just now and they guy didnt know what i needed and i even explained it to him and im like ok WTF ?
I know i need gaskets but what about a thin called the donut ring ?

It's called the doughnut gasket.

Looks like this:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k212/mrceej/My%20Cars/07%20Honda%20Fit%20Sport/Megan%20Prototype%20Header%20Installation/FitHeaderInstall17.jpg

-EnVus-
12-09-2009, 05:38 PM
well i have them but the autozone guy game me a wrong gasket saying it was what i needed..... i told ya they was dumbass's lol

gotrice?
12-10-2009, 10:52 AM
yea its def called the donut gasket... and the other gasket that u need for the mid section depend on size and are usually 2 bolt flange gaskets.. if you need them still let me know and i can source them for u.. i use to work at pauls custom exhaust.. i can find what u need.. i need to know what size the pipe is, and what flanges are on there.. does it have a header??

Barefoot
12-10-2009, 12:24 PM
well i have them but the autozone guy game me a wrong gasket saying it was what i needed..... i told ya they was dumbass's lol
its actually u are it the dumbass. your the owner of the car u should know or atleast a clue to what u need and what it looks like. he is a parts guy with about 1000+ different gaskets. he cant know what everyone of those gaskets go to. you should have an idea before u walk saying i need a gasket.

Tech5
12-10-2009, 04:24 PM
easy fix , man take it to a shop

D3UC3S
12-10-2009, 04:42 PM
yeah exhaust shop will swap that for cheap cheap cheap....fuck laying on your back with 2 wrenches

-EnVus-
12-10-2009, 06:24 PM
easy fix , man take it to a shop
lol yeah it was a easy thing to do. Autozone is gay they dont even carry the donut gasket for civics it turns out. So i ran over to Advanced and they had all of them. I just have to do my axel back t/m cause it got to damn cold out to finish.

yeah exhaust shop will swap that for cheap cheap cheap....fuck laying on your back with 2 wrenches
Yeah i was a bitch and the concrete was like -5 degrees if felt like but i had to do it:rolleyes:
Thanks all for ya info and help though...

D3UC3S
12-10-2009, 06:30 PM
:goodjob:

Scotsman
12-10-2009, 06:33 PM
shoulda went to Advanced first , quite a few of those guys know their shit , been goin to them since i moved here

-EnVus-
12-10-2009, 06:37 PM
shoulda went to Advanced first , quite a few of those guys know their shit , been goin to them since i moved here
funny thing is i usually do cause they are most the time cheaper on stuff than others. I was just closer to Autozone but shit after them giving me the wrong thing then telling me they don't even carry the gaskets after 2 triops and calling them. I'll go to advanced now lol

Eg4LiFe
12-10-2009, 08:57 PM
hey if it's stock catback all the way to the axel back you don't need any gasket or anything all you need is bolt and the thing Captain-Obvious just say...yep yep

THEONE
12-10-2009, 09:22 PM
So i have never done a full exhaust install or removal before. I need to put the exhaust on a civic and i need to know what i gotta buy.
What gasket or whatever goes between the cat and header ?
Also what gasket goes between the midsection and axel-back ?
Reps for help

if you cant find exact fit go with a gasket makin kit, felpro has a DIY kit works great.

Barefoot
12-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Problem Solved thanks Guys !!y do people do this. change the OP so now when people are searching for a similar question they cant find it. then there is another thread made about the same thing.

-EnVus-
12-11-2009, 12:11 AM
y do people do this. change the OP so now when people are searching for a similar question they cant find it. then there is another thread made about the same thing.
So people dont think i still need help and keep posting

Barefoot
12-11-2009, 12:14 AM
So people dont think i still need help and keep posting
lol if u got it done then dont worry about the extra posts. just leave the op alone. an make a new post saying u got it done. another option put edit: got it fixed thankx. at the bottom of the op. just a fyi.

-EnVus-
12-11-2009, 12:14 AM
lol if u got it done then dont worry about the extra posts. just leave the op alone. an make a new post saying u got it done. another option put edit: got it fixed thankx. at the bottom of the op. just a fyi.
Didnt we used to back in the day get a option to delete our own threads ?

Barefoot
12-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Didnt we used to back in the day get a option to delete our own threads ?
yup i miss that button.

-EnVus-
12-11-2009, 12:17 AM
yup i miss that button.
I knew i was just thinking shit cause when i found IA in 06 i had it then and i loved it.:cry:

Barefoot
12-11-2009, 12:18 AM
I knew i was just thinking shit cause when i found IA in 06 i had it then and i loved it.:cry:
its been gone for about 6 months now or so.

-EnVus-
12-11-2009, 12:19 AM
its been gone for about 6 months now or so.
Damn and no one started a thread to get it back wtf ?!?

Barefoot
12-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Damn and no one started a thread to get it back wtf ?!?
i have no clue might of had 1 in the WL but i try to stay out of there.