PDA

View Full Version : Sports so how do you guys think tebow will do in NFL?

VIP Style
12-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Im curious to see which team will take a chance on him, I mean heck he has proven alot thoughout his career, so why not give him a shot. will he flop or prevail? cant wait to see.

bdydrpdmazda
12-09-2009, 11:16 AM
I didnt think he wanted to go in the NFL, I thought he wanted to stay in school and get his Ph.D

quickdodgeŽ
12-09-2009, 11:17 AM
I think he'll not do as well. At least starting off. He won't be like Ryan. People's eyes are on him and they'll be prepared for him. He may improve. Later, QD.

NewGen33
12-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I think Eric Crouch when I think of Tebow in the NFL.

Vteckidd
12-09-2009, 11:20 AM
hes not going to be any good because hes not going into the NFL. Hes going on a mission for 2 years. After that i highly doubt any NFL team will take him

VIP Style
12-09-2009, 11:25 AM
man it really just depends on what situation tebow gets drafted into. ryan imo was drafted into a situation where he had no other options but to put on as the starter from day 1, and he sure did deliver. the bar is always going to be set really high for ryan simply because he has shown that he can be a good QB, but can he get the positive results consistently? that remains to be seen.
I think he'll not do as well. At least starting off. He won't be like Ryan. People's eyes are on him and they'll be prepared for him. He may improve. Later, QD.

Nubz
12-09-2009, 11:26 AM
i was just about to post this exact type of thread. I think he will be fine if he goes. but jacksonville wants him just to sell more tickets. i feel bad for the guy in a way.

VIP Style
12-09-2009, 11:26 AM
really? heck he probably will not enter the draft next year.
hes not going to be any good because hes not going into the NFL. Hes going on a mission for 2 years. After that i highly doubt any NFL team will take him

Vteckidd
12-09-2009, 11:31 AM
depends who you believe theres this:

We've been critical of the Jaguars for letting the rain forest cat out of the bag regarding their desire to salvage a financially shipwrecked franchise by landing Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

By making their interest in Tebow obvious, the Jags are risking that someone will trade up to one spot in front of Jacksonville in order to secure his rights.

As it turns out, it's possible that the Jags don't have to worry about another team cutting line.

There's a rumor making the rounds that a wink-nod-sneeze-fart arrangement has been made to ensure that Tebow will be on the board when the Jags pick in round one -- and that no one will trade up to get in position to draft him.

The goal would be to help the Jaguars regain financial viability in Jacksonville via a run on the box office following Tebow's arrival. And that would go a long way toward killing the concept of the Jags becoming the L.A. Leopards or the London Shaguars.

Any such agreement, of course, would constitute collusion, a blatant violation of the labor deal between the NFL and the union. And it likely would be impossible to prove the existence of a "Magic Johnson in the '92 All-Star Game" understanding (yeah, I used to follow other sports) that the other 31 teams will step aside and give the Jags a free run at Tebow.

Still, that's the rumor.

Or that hes said he was going to go on a mission for 2 years or something. PLus lots of NFL players are talking about making him a linebacker or TE or something, not a QB

ATLSRT8
12-09-2009, 12:24 PM
He will be a good fullback

Master Shake
12-09-2009, 01:32 PM
i feel the same. he has the POTENTIAL to be good, he just has to keep a good game plan other than trying to run the ball, for what he is known for. if he can get some plays with good passes/handoffs, then he might do really good. but i'd still give him a few years to improve before he will be really good.

bonezMTA
12-09-2009, 01:35 PM
he's gonna suck

The Creeper
12-09-2009, 01:37 PM
He will be a flop just like Grossman

nsany(atl)
12-09-2009, 01:39 PM
2nd round drafted as a TE, with Wildcat option to throw

jle254
12-09-2009, 02:52 PM
If he stays out for those 2 years then i highly doubt he would be in the NFL. If he does enter the draft then it comes down to who drafts him. just like the post above. Wilcat would be a good fit for him. NFL is a lot faster too so it would be a bit harder for him to scramble and run with the ball. If he does enter draft, then it all depends on who he drafts him. I think he would do better than chad henne in miami.

FlipKing
12-09-2009, 04:44 PM
His deliverly wont work in the NFL. On every throw he brings the ball down to waist level and brings it back up to throw. This will mean a ton of fumbles in the NFL.

Vteckidd
12-09-2009, 04:56 PM
his release is VERY slow. I dont think he will make it as an NFL quarterback unless they retrain him on how to throw.

I also dont think hes all that great of a passer as far as velocity and accuracy.

I think he will be a Charlie Ward, great college player, not so great NFL

Firefightin_tC
12-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Eric Crouch.

Chris Weinke.

JaMarcus Russell.

Akelie (sp?) Smith.

Alex Smith.

Matt Leinart.

Should I continue?

sogood
12-09-2009, 07:27 PM
From everything I've read and heard, he plans to go into the draft, play/get paid for a few years and then use that money to fund his mission trips and whatnot.

As far as what he can do in the NFL, it's all going to depend on where he goes and how that team utilizes him. But he won't be a starting QB somewhere, that's for sure.

VIP Style
12-10-2009, 10:24 AM
how do you know? obviously he has the skill set to be a QB, its all about the coaching staff that takes a chance on him. tebow has alot of heart, and I am pretty sure he will do well if he is given the proper tools and training to succeed. Changing his position to TE or any other position would be setting him up for failure. why change a players position to something that he has not been playing, makes absolutely no sense at all.
But he won't be a starting QB somewhere, that's for sure.

03RCode
12-10-2009, 10:34 AM
2nd round drafted as a TE, with Wildcat option to throw

That's what I've been saying for months.

jle254
12-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah coahing staff can do a lot to help, but they can't make miracles. He should be drafted as a QB. Like always it really does come down to where he goes. I could see him really doing some damage in any wildcat offense or maybe even a west coast that use short and quick routes.

sogood
12-10-2009, 12:52 PM
how do you know? obviously he has the skill set to be a QB, its all about the coaching staff that takes a chance on him. tebow has alot of heart, and I am pretty sure he will do well if he is given the proper tools and training to succeed. Changing his position to TE or any other position would be setting him up for failure. why change a players position to something that he has not been playing, makes absolutely no sense at all.

Because he's not good enough (right now) to be a starting QB for an NFL team. Did I say I think Tebow should change positions? No, because I don't believe he should either, I just don't think he'll be a starting QB somewhere. He's going to need a lot of work before that could become a valid option.

Greddypacked
12-11-2009, 06:52 AM
I say he will do good. For all the people laughing at him crying on the SEC game I dont see why. Man is religious and cares for his team and fans. NFL will see that he's not only a good man on the field but great off and would rather take him than a fast running hardheaded idiot that breaks the law and could get fired for some naive act w/ the law. Tebow is someone to work w/ and could go far.

VIP Style
12-11-2009, 10:17 AM
100% agreed, its really ashame how some athletes(vick) have to get broke down just to emerge as a more positive, humbled out role model.
I say he will do good. For all the people laughing at him crying on the SEC game I dont see why. Man is religious and cares for his team and fans. NFL will see that he's not only a good man on the field but great off and would rather take him than a fast running hardheaded idiot that breaks the law and could get fired for some naive act w/ the law. Tebow is someone to work w/ and could go far.

atlxpat
12-12-2009, 04:04 AM
hes a system back.
i dont think i've ever seen him take a snap from behind the center - all shotgun formations
he wont be a qb. maybe a TE or fullback but i doubt he can take the hits
i wouldnt even compare him to matt leinart, vince young, and definately not matt ryan. they all come from pro-style offenses, not qb run option bullsh*t

VIP Style
12-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Its like some of you fail to realize that you dont go into the NFL knowing everything, especially at the qb position. Tebow's success IMO will depend on the QB coaching he receives once he makes it. He definitely has the skill set and seems to be coachable. why put him at another position?
hes a system back.
i dont think i've ever seen him take a snap from behind the center - all shotgun formations
he wont be a qb. maybe a TE or fullback but i doubt he can take the hits
i wouldnt even compare him to matt leinart, vince young, and definately not matt ryan. they all come from pro-style offenses, not qb run option bullsh*t

ekcivic1991
12-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I think that he would make a good fb or te
some people just have something special when it comes to the game

look at joe montana he didnt look good when he played.

But i believe he will go to the nfl, he can use the money he makes in the nfl to do more good in the philipines or africa

atlxpat
12-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Its like some of you fail to realize that you dont go into the NFL knowing everything, especially at the qb position. Tebow's success IMO will depend on the QB coaching he receives once he makes it. He definitely has the skill set and seems to be coachable. why put him at another position?
you're not suppose to learn the fundamentals of being a qb in the nfl, you do that in college. tebow has never done a 5 step drop and pass. he definately has some skills, but the skills he has are more suited for being a fullback. more then half the time, he just tucks the ball and runs.

BanginJimmy
12-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Tebow spent about 1 year with learning under former Michigan QB coach Scott Leuffler and he did show a lot of improvement in his decision making. With some more time to learn the proper mechanics he might be a very good QB. Its very hard to tell though because of the system he was in. 90% of his completions were short crossing routes. The rest were rainbows in a general direction and a receiver ran under it. Most of those will be picked off in the NFL. In the end, I see him put in the same situation as Shockley was in Atlanta. On the team for very little money just for the PR benefits. Falcons tried to develop Shockley for 4 years, they finally had to cut him because he just didnt have the talent.

VIP Style
12-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I think what really hurt shockley was that one pre-season game where he injured his knee, and missed the whole season. I thought atlanta just signed him back last week?
Tebow spent about 1 year with learning under former Michigan QB coach Scott Leuffler and he did show a lot of improvement in his decision making. With some more time to learn the proper mechanics he might be a very good QB. Its very hard to tell though because of the system he was in. 90% of his completions were short crossing routes. The rest were rainbows in a general direction and a receiver ran under it. Most of those will be picked off in the NFL. In the end, I see him put in the same situation as Shockley was in Atlanta. On the team for very little money just for the PR benefits. Falcons tried to develop Shockley for 4 years, they finally had to cut him because he just didnt have the talent.

atlxpat
12-12-2009, 09:46 PM
I think what really hurt shockley was that one pre-season game where he injured his knee, and missed the whole season. I thought atlanta just signed him back last week?
yea we signed him back to the practice squad.

envision
12-16-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't think Tebow could run an offense in the NFL

TE or FB would fit perfect

VIP Style
12-16-2009, 10:50 AM
TE or FB would fit perfecthow when thats not what he has been playing for years? nobody knows if he can block, run routes, catch, etc. as a TE or FB at a consistent basis. he will get drafted as a QB, and his success will depend on the coaching staff that takes a stab at him.

atlxpat
12-16-2009, 12:28 PM
how when thats not what he has been playing for years? nobody knows if he can block, run routes, catch, etc. as a TE or FB at a consistent basis. he will get drafted as a QB, and his success will depend on the coaching staff that takes a stab at him.
hes an athlete, im sure he can do all those.
many players have converted into other positions
hines ward was a qb, now hes a wr. and he seems to be doing fine.

boosted b
01-02-2010, 03:54 PM
either way it goes he will not be a quaterback he may go as a TE or a FB

sogood
01-02-2010, 05:05 PM
either way it goes he will not be a quaterback he may go as a TE or a FB

He's never played any recieving position in his life, how the hell do all of you people think he'll be able to do so all of a sudden? Just because he's big doesn't mean he can get up and make catches or block well enough to be an NFL TE. FB is a possibility, but he's made it clear that he wants to continue to play QB.

He sure did some damage with his arm last night :D

VIP Style
01-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Good lord he sure did. he looked damn good as a QB last night. The man can play QB no doubt, and I think he should on the next level.
He's never played any recieving position in his life, how the hell do all of you people think he'll be able to do so all of a sudden? Just because he's big doesn't mean he can get up and make catches or block well enough to be an NFL TE. FB is a possibility, but he's made it clear that he wants to continue to play QB.

tony
01-02-2010, 05:43 PM
I think he will be a Charlie Ward, great college player, not so great NFL

Charlie Ward never got a chance in the NFL, he won the Heisman but he wasn't drafted in the first round so he went with the NBA. (Much smarter choice)

Tebow, I dont think his game will translate to the NFL. I'd be happy for him if he does but with the way the game is played on the NFL level I dont see it. Then again I didnt think Adrian Peterson would be where he is today either.

atlxpat
01-02-2010, 06:11 PM

its a lot easier to catch a ball then you make it seem, good lord any of us can catch a ball. and most of the time when you're a fb/te all you're doing is blocking, and blocking is an easy task when you're...lets say.....6'3 and 245+ pounds? oh wait thats tim tebows height and weight. most secondary defensive players barely break 6 feet, he'd have an easier time at TE then you might think.

tony
01-02-2010, 08:25 PM
its a lot easier to catch a ball then you make it seem, good lord any of us can catch a ball. and most of the time when you're a fb/te all you're doing is blocking, and blocking is an easy task when you're...lets say.....6'3 and 245+ pounds? oh wait thats tim tebows height and weight. most secondary defensive players barely break 6 feet, he'd have an easier time at TE then you might think.

Exactly true, a ton of receivers in the NFL now were QB's in high school and college. Its a good transition also because the former QB has a very good understanding of the offense.