PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT buy from LSIdude

MR-Ian
12-09-2009, 08:33 AM
He sold me a vehicle which he has lied out his ass about, I have received several PMs from others who have bought cars from him saying he also lied about work/issues with the vehicle. Do not buy from this man unless you or a mechanic can verify everything he says about the vehicle.

PURP
12-09-2009, 08:38 AM
thread is pointless/useless without details.

oneSLOWex
12-09-2009, 08:40 AM
thread is pointless/useless without details.

Agreed. Will not return until evidence is listed.

bdydrpdmazda
12-09-2009, 08:50 AM
ive never even heard of him

AnthonyF
12-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Never heard of him either.

I only deal with people who have been on IA for quite awhile and have others to vouch for him that I trust.

-Ant.

E=MC˛
12-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Ian this thread is fail.

you said you have the old fs thread. explain the problems with the audi and let people know the details.

get on it

oneSLOWex
12-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Still no evidence....

*leaves again*

DC2NR
12-09-2009, 10:41 AM
wasted 20 seconds of my life

MR2DR
12-09-2009, 11:26 AM
I'll leave this here...

http://importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261835

PURP
12-09-2009, 11:29 AM
must not be too much wrong with it. You haven't explained anything... I remember the for sale thread... I am just curious on what was not the truth.

disclaimer: I do not know the accused and I am not friends with any parties involved. Just curious as to what was messed up in the deal

MR2DR
12-09-2009, 11:32 AM
To sum it up, 92siLude/LSIdude sold the OP a car saying the whole thing was built and shit. OP got the car and found out it was a base FWD A4 and not what 92siLude advertised in his ad (sport edition/quattro/built). OP is planning on pursuing legal actions.

MR-Ian
12-09-2009, 11:50 AM
sry for lack of info earlier, had to leave for class so kinda had to leave it at what I had atm.

I am selling my 97 Audi A4 1.8t quattro, I need a daily for the wifey the price is $7800 but I will entertain trades, preferably a mk4 VR6 as it's a favorite of mine.

5spd manual
115xxx miles
95% tread on tires
Port+polished head
30LB Bosch injectors
63MM turbo
EDT H-beam rods
polished crank stock piston
jwp manifold
xs power wastegate
xs power bov
jwp 3” stainless downpipe
GNX mount
blitz boost control
revo stg3 software
maf delete
Patriot valves 1mm in and ex over sized
kyb struts
tein lowering springs
driftz venom.
18x9 front
18x10 rear
too much to list here.
no test drivers or tire kickers.

price drop: 4800 cash I need this car gone or its gonna be a lawn ornament lol, I will go no lower and cash only no trades at this price.

essentially the only thing thats Legit is that its an Audi, the suspension, wheels, and big turbo
the CV axle went last week and in replacing it I found out its not a quattro at all. also the injectors are not 30LBers, the mileage is closer to 150xxx, I have yet to crack open the engine to see if the headwork is legit but from the way the car has been acting I highly doubt Ima find anything besides stock internals.

more incoming.

oneSLOWex
12-09-2009, 11:54 AM
sry for lack of info earlier, had to leave for class so kinda had to leave it at what I had atm.

I am selling my 97 Audi A4 1.8t quattro, I need a daily for the wifey the price is $7800 but I will entertain trades, preferably a mk4 VR6 as it's a favorite of mine.

5spd manual
115xxx miles
95% tread on tires
Port+polished head
30LB Bosch injectors
63MM turbo
EDT H-beam rods
jwp manifold
xs power wastegate
xs power bov
GNX mount
blitz boost control
revo stg3 software
maf delete
kyb struts
tein lowering springs
driftz venom.
18x9 front
18x10 rear

price drop: 4800 cash I need this car gone or its gonna be a lawn ornament lol, I will go no lower and cash only no trades at this price.

essentially the only thing thats Legit is that its an Audi, the suspension, wheels, and big turbo
the CV axle went last week and in replacing it I found out its not a quattro at all. also the injectors are not 30LBers, the mileage is closer to 150xxx, I have yet to crack open the engine to see if the headwork is legit but from the way the car has been acting I highly doubt Ima find anything besides stock internals.

more incoming.

That sucks man....Its sketchy to begin with when someone clears out their original post for the car that they sold anyway. I hope you get his ass.

MR-Ian
12-09-2009, 11:55 AM
also here's a PM JDMaccord sent me about a car he got from LSIdude:
ur new car !! man that dude is shady..... i traded a 97 jetta for an audi just like yours 2.8 non turbo (white) dude lied bout all the seals that were fixed, the timming, motor mounts...etc

if i were you i would drive str8 2 a tune shop or VW dealer n get a thero inspection not to be the bear of bad news but i saw ur post n thought u should know, i shoulda worned people!!:no:

I had a PM from LSIdude about all the parts he was going to give me as well but I apparently deleted that =[ so I wont add that stuff to the list of WTFs

MR-Ian
12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
That sucks man....Its sketchy to begin with when someone clears out their original post for the car that they sold anyway. I hope you get his ass.
yeah dude Im giving him a chance to reimburse me 1st cuz unlike him Im not gonna be a Dbag and rape pplz wallet, plus Id rather not go to court
hes a fuckin ass, like he talked to me for a good 2-3 hours about like taking it to get tuned and shit and constanly bringing up AWD dynos and AWHP and shit, now Im like dude you put wheels and springs on it so you had it lifted how could you not notice the lack of AWD??????

oh and just looked at the bill of sale they wrote A4 quattro =p
think I got something with that? considering the car is an A4 not A4 quattro

civicsisedan
12-09-2009, 12:05 PM
that sucks man.. sorry to hear that

oneSLOWex
12-09-2009, 12:09 PM
yeah dude Im giving him a chance to reimburse me 1st cuz unlike him Im not gonna be a Dbag and rape pplz wallet, plus Id rather not go to court
hes a fuckin ass, like he talked to me for a good 2-3 hours about like taking it to get tuned and shit and constanly bringing up AWD dynos and AWHP and shit, now Im like dude you put wheels and springs on it so you had it lifted how could you not notice the lack of AWD??????

oh and just looked at the bill of sale they wrote A4 quattro =p
think I got something with that? considering the car is an A4 not A4 quattro

He knew what he had...he was just trying to fuck you. I dunno...but I would say you could do something with the bill of sale.

Jaimecbr900
12-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Just another example of WHY you people should NEVER complain when we have FS forum seller requirements. NEVER EVER EVER complain about it. THIS exact situation is what we are trying to avoid. The sad part is that there are many like you unfortunately that we haven't even heard about too.

Sorry this happened to you. I would pursue this legally with him ASAP. :goodjob:

BTW, I know that you mentioned the Bill of Sale, but what about the title? Does it say "quattro"? :thinking:

quickdodge®
12-09-2009, 12:24 PM
I sent this guy a PM earlier today and locked down all his FS threads. He probably won't be back. Later, QD.

MR-Ian
12-09-2009, 12:29 PM
BTW, I know that you mentioned the Bill of Sale, but what about the title? Does it say "quattro"? :thinking:
nope

oneSLOWex
12-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Last Activity: Yesterday 07:01 AM

MR-Ian
12-09-2009, 12:35 PM
hopefully his senses will come to him and he'll reimburse me so he doesnt have to pay for court fees and possibly buy the car back from me(which I hope will happen if it goes that far)
its not that I dont like the car I just dont like being lied to and overpaying for it

Vteckidd
12-09-2009, 12:44 PM
again, its called BUYER BEWARE, not SELLER BEWARE.

If you cant tell its an AWD car you should take it to a mechanic to find out. YOU CANNOT TRUST ANYONE I dont know how many times i have to say it

Tech5
12-09-2009, 12:46 PM
dayum man I am sooooo sorry you are dealing with this...

nsany(atl)
12-09-2009, 12:59 PM
you best case is to go with the mileage fraud issue, if he put 115,000 on the title and signed it over to you that is a Federal Offense punishable by jail time. the car was bought at auction, likely by him, and had over 150,000 on the clock then

PURP
12-09-2009, 01:12 PM
so wait... you bought the car without getting a title??? That was foolish

civicturbo10
12-09-2009, 01:17 PM
you best case is to go with the mileage fraud issue, if he put 115,000 on the title and signed it over to you that is a Federal Offense punishable by jail time. the car was bought at auction, likely by him, and had over 150,000 on the clock then

I don't think you can get him for mileage. Isn't a ten yr old car exempt from mileage declaration when you sell it? Even if he put 100K, it's exempt - someone clarify....

MR-Ian
12-09-2009, 01:19 PM
so wait... you bought the car without getting a title??? That was foolish
no I most certainly have the title, I waited like 5 fucking hours to get it too

Glides
12-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Probably, you won't be able to recoup all that much. Unfortunately, even though he frauded you, it was you responsibility to check the vehicle over when you purchased it.
If you waited 5 hours to get a title, thats 5 hours you could have been looking over that car. Ziptied told everyone in the other thread that it was not a sport package by looking at the wheel. Plus it wasn't written on the title that it was Quattro. Dead giveaaway right there.

Don't take this as bashing man, I completely sympathize with you. But what is going to happen when you take this to court is they will ask you if the car is driveable. Is it in fair working condition. If so, which I think it is, they will more than likely do nothing. They will also look at the title, the title doesn't say Quattro. Sure the bill of sale does, and he told you it was.... but all he has to say is that it was told to him to be a Quattro and they won't do squat. Hopefully they will do something, but I think you might be upset to find out that they will not.

It really sucks that shitheads like that lie when selling a car. I feel your pain man. But let this be a lesson for future dealings. ALWAYS check shit out. If you don't know....ask someone who does know.

nsany(atl)
12-09-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't think you can get him for mileage. Isn't a ten yr old car exempt from mileage declaration when you sell it? Even if he put 100K, it's exempt - someone clarify....

no, even on old cars, if you put actual milage they will put it on the title. You have to write in "Exempt" in the milage section in order to not have some number there

stillaneon
12-09-2009, 02:27 PM

5spd manual
115xxx miles
95% tread on tires
Port+polished head
30LB Bosch injectors
63MM turbo
EDT H-beam rods
jwp manifold
xs power wastegate
xs power bov
GNX mount
blitz boost control
revo stg3 software
maf delete
kyb struts
tein lowering springs
driftz venom.
18x9 front
18x10 rear
too much to list here.

more incoming.

How non-mechanically inclined do you have to be to not notice that the advertised parts aren't on the car??

I mean, BOV, boost controllers, upgraded turbos and intercoolers are pretty obvious things

MR-Ian
12-09-2009, 02:32 PM
How non-mechanically inclined do you have to be to not notice that the advertised parts aren't on the car??

I mean, BOV, boost controllers, upgraded turbos and intercoolers are pretty obvious things
BOV,turbo, and IC were there, and BC is there just not a blitz
all turbo related parts are there its the other advertised stuff mainly engine work and mainly AWD also Im thinkin it doesnt have the revo software as well but Im not sure how to check on that

pebojelly
12-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Wait allow me to say something.

I posted everything the car had and was honest as I have been with every car I have ever sold.

That said.

I discounted the car to you and told you the Blitz would not go with it,so WTF.
I told you I would see where the K04 is and here is the K03 you said ok,I never promised you anything kid.I was simply saying that I have no need in any of this and if I can locate it its yours.

the head work I have proof of from Alabama cly head,hell I might be able to find the UPS tracking #.

The only thing I was wrong on is the Quattro and i was sold it as that,you read it under the hood,drove it as I did and bought it.

Had it about a month and are now branding me the candyman because of what?

You called me like I was your girlfriend to buy the thing,but cant pick up the phone to tell me whats going on.Just assume I ripped you off and I live on IA?

EDIT: You also ran a car fax before you called me,so I cant understand how I just took you or scammed you as you put it.

pebojelly
12-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Sorry for the dl post.

The injectors in the car are 19ls as I told him.I handed him in front of his Momma the green top injectors.

This kid is really off his meds.

pebojelly
12-09-2009, 09:01 PM
no I most certainly have the title, I waited like 5 fucking hours to get it too
You waited from 5pm when you got there till 7:30 when my wife got home.

I also took a check from your ass,left INS on the car and let you drive off with my tag so you could joy ride that night.

Stop talking shit.

Your full of shit,and car stupid as fuck.You called me like crazy about a oil light when it was the coolant light.I had just done the head and told you everything was new,virgin.Could use more water in a day or so.

You told me you and Logan where going to work on it.

You called me when you had a injector plug come loose saying it had a boost leak or something bad wrong with it.

I guess you did not come over and i plugged it in for you,never happened to me but i avoid pot holes.

You called me the first couple of days with questions but stopped any communication after you and your buddy where going to work on cars together.

Now you dont call yet post a bunch of bull shit.

oneSLOWex
12-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Sounds like somewhat of a misunderstanding.....BUT....what about the mileage?

Also, you are saying you didn't know it was not a Quattro?

Bigt8aford
12-09-2009, 11:07 PM
*Grabs popcorn*

pebojelly
12-10-2009, 05:37 AM
Sounds like somewhat of a misunderstanding.....BUT....what about the mileage?

Also, you are saying you didn't know it was not a Quattro?

The mileage never displayed in the car,and the po I bought it from told me.I believe it so when i had it serviced it was logged in there system that way.
Your man has the proof of that even.

As far as the Quattro I never dogged the car,I was sold it AWD,It said Quattro.
I took it for face value.When The block was pulled and reinstalled I was not even there.
I am sorry for the response I made,but I do not live on IA.
I simply have other things going on,but for Ian to sit around and talk crap like this knowing half of what he said was no misunderstanding but rather bull.
The K04,injectors and the blitz BOV are all crap.
I dropped the price to get my wife a more suitable daily.Not to scam anyone.He called me with other questions and I was there to answer and help in every way.Last time I spoke to him Logan and him where going to work on it.For the time he has had it,worked on it.Done GOD knows what to it and not called me or said anything about it,until I read this junk.He says nothing about the car until the CV broke that I posted was bad and part of the reason for the price drop.I had also offered to help replace it when he was ready prior to any failure just to be nice as we had mutual friends I thought.

I am sorry about the Quattro,but if you IAN think you where ripped off your way off.

On CL a 130-150xxx so you say 1997 A4 will cost $3500+ in the shape it was in.

The shocks and coils $300

Wheels and tires $800-1100

Turbo $800+

The Injectors $600 google bosch green tops.

That does not even get to the turbo mani,DP,ecu the new timing belt,the head work you claim was not done,head bolts,spare turbo spare turbo mani and I could keep going.

And thats not even close to all the work that went into it and I am not saying anything for Labor!!!!

And a crap K03 that what sells for 1200 new,is just beneath you guy huh?

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas but I will not comment on this again.I was childish in my raged response as it is,kinda upset that dealing with a mature kid turns out he behaves like a child and I follow.

Logan
12-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Had it about a month and are now branding me the candyman because of what?

I hate to get in on this, but...I'm going in :D

You brought the car to a meet over the summer. Yet you had it "about a month".

WTF. You never got under the car at all in your 4 or 5 months of ownership? Yet you did "head work" to it.

And you call out his mechanical aptitude? :no:

Sorry for the dl post.

The injectors in the car are 19ls as I told him.I handed him in front of his Momma the green top injectors.

This kid is really off his meds.

Why was the car running the OE 19lb injectors at all? :thinking:

It took me maybe 5 minutes to put in the 42lb'ers.....And now the car can at least run and boost past 4psi.....I wouldn't have even thought about buying the car the way it was running with the OE injectors.

Serious question here..

On that same note, wtf is up with the no power steering? :screwy:

The mileage never displayed in the car,and the po I bought it from told me.I believe it so when i had it serviced it was logged in there system that way.
Your man has the proof of that even.

As far as the Quattro I never dogged the car,I was sold it AWD,It said Quattro.
I took it for face value.When The block was pulled and reinstalled I was not even there.
I am sorry for the response I made,but I do not live on IA.
I simply have other things going on,but for Ian to sit around and talk crap like this knowing half of what he said was no misunderstanding but rather bull.
The K04,injectors and the blitz BOV are all crap.
I dropped the price to get my wife a more suitable daily.Not to scam anyone.He called me with other questions and I was there to answer and help in every way.Last time I spoke to him Logan and him where going to work on it.For the time he has had it,worked on it.Done GOD knows what to it and not called me or said anything about it,until I read this junk.He says nothing about the car until the CV broke that I posted was bad and part of the reason for the price drop.I had also offered to help replace it when he was ready prior to any failure just to be nice as we had mutual friends I thought.

I am sorry about the Quattro,but if you IAN think you where ripped off your way off.

On CL a 130-150xxx so you say 1997 A4 will cost $3500+ in the shape it was in.

The shocks and coils $300

Wheels and tires $800-1100

Turbo $800+

That does not even get to the turbo mani,DP,ecu the new timing belt,the head work you claim was not done,head bolts,spare turbo spare turbo mani and I could keep going.

And thats not even close to all the work that went into it and I am not saying anything for Labor!!!!

And a crap K03 that what sells for 1200 new,is just beneath you guy huh?

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas but I will not comment on this again.I was childish in my raged response as it is,kinda upset that dealing with a mature kid turns out he behaves like a child and I follow.

:headslap:

I cannot believe AT ALL that the car was badged as a quattro. :lmfao:

Ian told me somebody "de-badged" the quattro when he got it a few days ago. I told him he better make sure it's a quattro. I called it before any of this shit.

Find me a pic of where it had a quattro badge installed. Find a receipt of the "head work". Because right now, your credibility is zero in my book. Too bad this is past the fact of purchase. You are LUCKY to have even sold the car at any price.

BTW, what is the compression ratio on the engine? Be real here. This is a serious question.

:lmfao:

More like $39.95

Not everyone here is senseless. :goodjob:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=42LBINJ

Just like you said the turbo was $800+. Dude, come on now...I own an AiResearch myself. I know what these sell for. Stop trying to sugarcoat the main problem here.

While I'm at it, Drifz never made those wheels in 18x10 or 18x9.

And a "$1200" K03.......Have you looked at a K03 lately?

Wait, let me find it....

here it is

:headslap:

The car is used and you "did not even factor in labor".

Do you not even understand the concept of used?

Ok, I'm not even half way there and I'm tired of typing.

Peace in the Middle East yall :cheers:

Glides
12-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Sounds like a case of "He said/He said" to me.

Logan, in the end it all boils down to your boy not looking or knowing what he was looking at. In the future, if I were you, i'd go with him when he's buying vehicles.

I'd say he came out just under even. he thought he was getting a smoking deal, but turns out it wasn't as smoking as he thought. The car runs, drives, was in pretty decent shape from what I saw so i'd say he's lucky to get that much.

Good luck on it though.

oneSLOWex
12-10-2009, 08:36 AM

Logan, in the end it all boils down to your boy not looking or knowing what he was looking at. In the future, if I were you, i'd go with him when he's buying vehicles.

I'd say he came out just under even. he thought he was getting a smoking deal, but turns out it wasn't as smoking as he thought. The car runs, drives, was in pretty decent shape from what I saw so i'd say he's lucky to get that much.

Good luck on it though.

I agree man. Sounds like its just time to move on and just make sure all your buddies know not to deal with this guy.

Logan
12-10-2009, 08:40 AM

Good luck on it though.

Unfortunately that is the case.

And LSIdude is a pretty cool guy in person. I consider both of them friends. Still kind of WTF'ing at the whole situation. :thinking:

I got the car to run pretty well last night and Ian seems pretty happy with it now.

pebojelly
12-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Logan are you kidding me?

Head work does not require going under the car.

"de-badged" the quattro? WTF I never said anything was removed.Under the hood it says it still today.Stop talking shit and listen.Look under the hood IAN can show you.

The injectors where not bought online so don't know what to tell you.I paid more then $39.00

The shitty K03 a borg warner K03 new is 750-1000 all day,not eBay guy.

No power steering,has he checked for a leak?Always worked for me. Check the fluid level.It does not take standard fluid either its a mineral.

Basically where we are at,your mad claiming I lied to your friend who you told to look at the car.I sold it to him and now he is upset and you are to.

The head is stamped from the Co who did the work,just look and read.

this is the last time I will respond to any of this,he has my number and can call me.

MugenCrx
12-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Logan are you kidding me?

"de-badged" the quattro? WTF I never said anything was removed.Under the hood it says it still today.Stop talking shit and listen.Look under the hood IAN can show you.

The injectors where not bought online so don't know what to tell you.I paid more then $39.00

The shitty K03 a borg warner K03 new is 750-1000 all day,not eBay guy.

No power steering,has he checked for a leak?Always worked for me. Check the fluid level.It does not take standard fluid either its a mineral.

Basically where we are at,your mad claiming I lied to your friend who you told to look at the car.I sold it to him and now he is upset and you are to.

The head is stamped from the Co who did the work,just look and read.

this is the last time I will respond to any of this,he has my number and can call me.

SILude is a pretty cool guy talked to him pretty straight forward just a bad situation of misunderstanding but in the OP you guys should have really looked over the car

Glides
12-11-2009, 12:32 PM

I was kinda wondering about that statement too. :thinking:

pebojelly
12-11-2009, 08:27 PM
I was kinda wondering about that statement too. :thinking:
Ok I am hopeful this is the end of this,but here goes.

I removed the head and core support.Drove it to Alabama and dropped it off.
They shipped it ups back in a little over a week.While it was gone the car was towed to to have the block pulled and rods and bearing replaced.
I then put the head back on when it arrived.

I never tried to blow the tires off the damn thing.I will push it to the floor but I am not trying to do it from a dead stop,just not me.
I don't street race and this started out as a car for the wife,that I took over and sold because it was selfish to her.
That is the reason i sold the car.

Just so we are all clear I did not make money on the car.I did not buy this to make money so it was not all that hard to sell.
I ought her a daily and let the car go to offset my expense.

Really not all that different from anyone on IA really.

I am very sorry I was lied to and in return passed it on.This is not how I deal with people when I trade or sell anything.

Scotsman
12-11-2009, 08:32 PM
closed , both parties have stated their cases , they have each other's phone numbers ( i see no resolution happenin in this thread) , this will not be deleted , so all can see this , if any of the two parties have an issue with this pm me