PDA

View Full Version : Passing Emissions

Slick_Rick92
12-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Is there any way To tell if my car can pass emssions before I spend that money? I have DC headers, K&N Airfilters, NGK spark plugs n wires and aftermarket oil filters. Some1 also said I might have a after market cam.... But I don't know. Can anyone tell me pls?

ians s14
12-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Sometimes they will stop the test and tell you if your failing. Or you can pay an extra 50 and pass i have hook ups haha

14thecount
12-08-2009, 04:26 PM
yes you can if it is a obd2 tell them to do a pre test witch is a diagnostic test and it will tell you. or if see if you can maybe give the guy maybe like 10.00 bucks have them do a practice test for an emissions tester, i know i am emissions inspector myself.

14thecount
12-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Sometimes they will stop the test and tell you if your failing. Or you can pay an extra 50 and pass i have hook ups haha
thats to cheap 50.00 lol the person you got is a cheap guy for that price lol 50.00 bucks isnt worth my freedom!

Barefoot
12-08-2009, 06:02 PM
if u have a no cel and a working cat y wouldnt u pass. u have nothing listed that would change your emissions. just bpu like the other 12000000000000000000000000 people who take the test everyday and pass.

81911SC
12-08-2009, 06:13 PM
it's the oil filter.

Tech5
12-08-2009, 06:16 PM
it's the oil filter.

I was thinking more to all the JDM shitt on the car lol:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

14thecount
12-08-2009, 08:01 PM
IF YOU LIVE LOCAL AROUND DOUGLASVILLE YOU CAN BRING IT BUY I WILL TAKE A LOOK AT IT!

Barefoot
12-08-2009, 10:21 PM
IF YOU LIVE LOCAL AROUND DOUGLASVILLE YOU CAN BRING IT BUY I WILL TAKE A LOOK AT IT!
i dont know. ive read some of your responses.

14thecount
12-08-2009, 10:28 PM
WHAT

14thecount
12-08-2009, 10:29 PM
i dont know. ive read some of your responses.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? ARE YOU JUST GOING TO FALLOW ME AROUND AND BOTHER ME LOL! I WILL GO HIDE AND YOU CAN GO SEEK!

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/images/misc/progress.gif

dallasb84
12-09-2009, 01:20 AM
ok heres how you do it. start the car and imediately get out and put your face by the muffler close enough to smell the exhaust.... try not to breathe it it your just trying to smell it. stay there a bit until she warms up this is key because your tryin to sniff out with your nose if the cat is working...... then have your buddy wait for the engine to get to operating temperature..... with your face still by the muffler, have him rev it up to around 5 grand a few times full throttle. when hes doing this you need to be there smelling the exhaust..... it works better in a close space like a garage.

this is sometimes called the sniffer test...

what your smelling for is a gas like smell..... deep breaths is the biggest thing...

try it out and tell us how it went ok?

punkr6
12-09-2009, 05:24 PM
ok heres how you do it. start the car and imediately get out and put your face by the muffler close enough to smell the exhaust.... try not to breathe it it your just trying to smell it. stay there a bit until she warms up this is key because your tryin to sniff out with your nose if the cat is working...... then have your buddy wait for the engine to get to operating temperature..... with your face still by the muffler, have him rev it up to around 5 grand a few times full throttle. when hes doing this you need to be there smelling the exhaust..... it works better in a close space like a garage.

what your smelling for is a gas like smell..... deep breaths is the biggest thing...

damn son. you went full retard with that one.....:taun:

Slick_Rick92
12-09-2009, 06:17 PM

Fuuuck. I passed out....

dallasb84
12-09-2009, 07:17 PM
replace cat and try again

87 Turbo II
12-10-2009, 12:07 AM

QFT! :goodjob:

marcos713
12-10-2009, 12:36 AM
OP still hasnt said whether its an ob1 or obd2 car..if its obd2 your can do what 14thecount said and go to any emissions place and ask for a diagnostic to see if it will pass. its free in most emissions places. if its obd1, make sure the CEL isnt on and you have a cat. if so, i dont see why you shouldnt pass.

gotrice?
12-10-2009, 10:48 AM
well for obd1 it dosent make a shit if the lights on cuz u dont have to plug the computer up to it..if its obd2 then the cel matters.. obd1 u have to run on the dyno and obd2 is just plug up

DarkAngel23
02-13-2010, 10:30 AM
You know people, really? Want to help me out please..... I have a '97 Pontiac GA, wont pass emissions because it needs O2 sensor (bank 1), cat. converter, and is showing low voltage in the TPS. I by far have the money to replace all that, and have to have emissions and tag done by Friday. Please Help Me!

slostang
02-13-2010, 09:16 PM
it's the oil filter.

beat me to it.