PDA

View Full Version : whats a good inexpensive flash for an XS

blacknightteg
12-08-2009, 02:11 PM
so my set up includes for now; the standard 18-55mm lens, 55-250mm stabilized lense, and im currently borrowing a 50mm lens. anyways, i dont have an external flash yet and i have been procrastinating getting one. i would love to get one, but i dont really know what a good one is. we sell a 430exII at my work but for my camera is that a good one to get? i do a lot of like landscape photography, cars, and i have been meaning to try an take more shots of people as my PS skills get better.

let me know what yall think. oh and whats another good lense to look into getting based on the things that i take pictures of.

A.A
12-14-2009, 10:18 AM
You have a canon xs... for any of the canon frames your choices are really the same weather you have a $6k 1Dmk3 or a $400 xti...

Get the canon 430 EXII. They should be going for around 250 right now... don't get an off brand flash. I have noticed the ttl communication gets out of sync in non canon strobes.

You could go up to the 580 which has more settings and better recharge/brightness capabilities... not to mention the control of slave flashes... but it costs about twice as much money.

blacknightteg
12-17-2009, 03:00 PM
yeah one of my photographer buddies has that one. she says she loves it cause of the slave mode and what have you. but i cant spend that much!