PDA

View Full Version : Emissions for OBD2 - Oil light needed to show up or not?

Jecht
12-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Does the oil light have to come on for it to pass? I know the CEL has to come on when you turn the key.

The Isuzu I'm working on has these little clips that holds the bulb into the panel and the clip is what receives power from the board. I am missing most of these, and just took the one from the oil light to get the CEL to show when the key is turned. I just want to know if it will pass like this or if I need to go hunting for some of these things.

speedminded
12-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Does the oil light have to come on for it to pass? I know the CEL has to come on when you turn the key.

The Isuzu I'm working on has these little clips that holds the bulb into the panel and the clip is what receives power from the board. I am missing most of these, and just took the one from the oil light to get the CEL to show when the key is turned. I just want to know if it will pass like this or if I need to go hunting for some of these things.I'm pretty sure the CEL is the only one that matters.

EmminoDaGreat
12-08-2009, 10:51 AM
x2

Jecht
12-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Okay thanks guys. +reps to you both

14thecount
12-08-2009, 04:23 PM
it depends on the year, not beacuse the light is on if its a obd1 the car does the test and i have seen a car fail and then go get a oil change and come back and the car passes, and if its a obd2 then no it will not matter at all.

Barefoot
12-08-2009, 06:00 PM
it depends on the year, not beacuse the light is on if its a obd1 the car does the test and i have seen a car fail and then go get a oil change and come back and the car passes, and if its a obd2 then no it will not matter at all.
what

Tech5
12-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Oil light has NOTHING to do with emissions but yet has everything to do with you blowing up you're motor though

Jecht
12-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Oil light has NOTHING to do with emissions but yet has everything to do with you blowing up you're motor though

I check the oil weekly in each of my cars so that isn't a big issue. I'll replace the oil light when I can actually find the little things that the light is seated in. I can't find them anywhere except junkyards and most of them want me to buy the entire gauge cluster rather than the small separate pieces.

I just wanted to make sure that the oil light wasn't required before I put the whole dash back together.

14thecount
12-08-2009, 07:59 PM
what
YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND!

Tech5
12-08-2009, 09:36 PM
you're fine man, go get inspection and pay you're taxes so I can get my welfare lol

14thecount
12-08-2009, 10:26 PM
you're fine man, go get inspection and pay you're taxes so I can get my welfare lol
LOL!