PDA

View Full Version : What the...?

Pages : [1] 2 3

DeeAOne
12-08-2009, 12:33 AM
ive decided to make this my progress thread for the swap since it kinda just turned out like that. lol

klde into a 1988 323 BF chassis.

some specs on this engine for those who arent familiar:
2.5L DOHC V6 24 valve
164-170hp (depends on condition)
160 ft lbs tq
9:1 compression
7500rpm redline

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10541.jpg

Okie_doke.
12-08-2009, 12:56 AM
:scratches head:

DeeAOne
12-08-2009, 12:58 AM
i guess this would make more sense if you were into mazdas..

this is the k series swap of the the protege/323 enthusiasts. get it now? :goodjob:

slostang
12-08-2009, 12:59 AM
about fucking time.

Sol-Badguy
12-08-2009, 01:04 AM
ooooooOOO0o0O000oOOOoO.

I can't wait to see this completed. :D

Okie_doke.
12-08-2009, 01:07 AM
i guess this would make more sense if you were into mazdas..

this is the k series swap of the the protege/323 enthusiasts. get it now? :goodjob:

:lmfao: at the honda guy crack but yeah it makes more sence now man. You just went ahead with the swap since your motor took a pooh on you the other night?? Well keep us updated:goodjob:

DeeAOne
12-08-2009, 01:08 AM
its going to be a slow process, but im just glad it fits right now. lol

i need custom mounts, axles, and some wiring luck to make this work. would be nice if they made swap kits like hondas. lol

at the honda guy crack but yeah it makes more sence now man. You just went ahead with the swap since your motor took a pooh on you the other night?? Well keep us updatedyeah pretty much. i was going to start soon after the v anyway, but my motor made up my mind for me.

CHRISNITTOLO
12-08-2009, 01:10 AM
UPGRADE!!... fUCK YEAEHHH!!

That's the DE right?

*EDIT: What... If thats a De... Where did you get the straight neck intake?? What kinda cams are in there?

Justin.
12-08-2009, 01:11 AM
so you wrapped a tow strap around a motor and intake mani just to set it in and take a picture?

Just trying to grasp what is going on here.

DeeAOne
12-08-2009, 01:12 AM
UPGRADE!!... fUCK YEAEHHH!!

That's the DE right?

If thats a De... Where did you get the straight neck intake?? What kinda cams are in there?yessir. :D

so you wrapped a tow strap around a motor and intake mani just to set it in and take a picture?i did. i did a test fit because many were skeptical on a mazda forum that it wouldnt fit.

Justin.
12-08-2009, 01:16 AM
yessir. :D

i did. i did a test fit because many were skeptical on a mazda forum that it wouldnt fit.

ahh ok, good luck with your swap, doesn't look like everything is gonna fit, but I wish you the best, use a hammer when needed.

Romeo
12-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Hurry up and finish it first! Don't get ahead of yourself. ;)

DeeAOne
12-08-2009, 01:40 AM
Hurry up and finish it first! Don't get ahead of yourself. ;)oh trust me im not rushing. i want to do it right the first time. you should have come down.

JITB
12-08-2009, 01:48 AM
did u get teh mx3 passenger side mount yet? and is the tranny attached?

from the looks, it seems that you might want to work of that mx3 passenger side mount. Like i did in my protege..

DeeAOne
12-08-2009, 01:53 AM
did u get teh mx3 passenger side mount yet? and is the tranny attached?

from the looks, it seems that you might want to work of that mx3 passenger side mount. Like i did in my protege..no thats just the block, the trans should also clear though by the looks of it.

im going to use a 626 passenger side mount since its smaller. the holes on the frame rails line up but the ones on the wheel well is a little off. ill look more into it when i go to mock up where im putting the mounting bracket.

JITB
12-08-2009, 02:00 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/jitb37/Protege/Swap/fe421515.jpg

thats a picture, of my protege bracket with the v6 mount..doesnt the bf have the same mount on the passenger side?

the bf and the BG have almost similar passenger side, and the mx3 is identical to the BG. I would kind of suggest the mx3 passenger mount, if your gonna use the mx support..

But it looks like its not gonna be as troubled as i thought. But id suggest go ahead and get rid of the condensor...lol
\
Do this, put the bf bracket in, and put the mount on that and see how that goes..

DeeAOne
12-08-2009, 02:06 AM

thats a picture, of my protege bracket with the v6 mount..doesnt the bf have the same mount on the passenger side?

the bf and the BG have almost similar passenger side, and the mx3 is identical to the BG. I would kind of suggest the mx3 passenger mount, if your gonna use the mx support..

But it looks like its not gonna be as troubled as i thought. But id suggest go ahead and get rid of the condensor...lol
\
Do this, put the bf bracket in, and put the mount on that and see how that goes..will do. and the condenser is already out. all my working a/c gone. :(

the mx-3 one is the same, even with the two bolt holes up by the fender, but i just couldnt find the right one i needed..

ill give your idea a try tomorrow. for some reason that picture doesnt work either. :???:

EL42
12-08-2009, 02:19 AM
OWWW! no more MR.NICE GUY? good luck the swap man.

JITB
12-08-2009, 02:21 AM
what was the problem? why wouldnt it work? are u gonna do the driver side tommorow with the tranny? That might break you..lol hopefullythose mount points on the tranny are too far to the right..

how did the rear and the front look? with space?

DeeAOne
12-08-2009, 02:29 AM
what was the problem? why wouldnt it work? are u gonna do the driver side tommorow with the tranny? That might break you..lol hopefullythose mount points on the tranny are too far to the right..

how did the rear and the front look? with space?tomorrow im going to clean up the bay mainly. i want to get the old 4 cylinder harness out and other emission/misc. things. i think the passenger side mount will be the easy side, the driver side is the one im scared of.

as for the front and back, the back was good once i got the egr valve(i have a millenia manifold, egr on the back of mani)past the firewall. the front is where its tight. in that picture i took, the header was touching the condenser. so im either going to tuck the radiator or move it to the driver side.

and i dont know why the picture doesnt work. just isnt showing up lol.

JITB
12-08-2009, 02:36 AM
tomorrow im going to clean up the bay mainly. i want to get the old 4 cylinder harness out and other emission/misc. things. i think the passenger side mount will be the easy side, the driver side is the one im scared of.

as for the front and back, the back was good once i got the egr valve(i have a millenia manifold, egr on the back of mani)past the firewall. the front is where its tight. in that picture i took, the header was touching the condenser. so im either going to tuck the radiator or move it to the driver side.

and i dont know why the picture doesnt work. just isnt showing up lol.

yea i think when u put the tranny on it, and see the mounting point for it.. that will be the bad..lol But hopefully not. But as you know i had to chop my core support, only because my car had been in a accident, and the core support was pushed back.

You can actually try to put th radiator, in front of the core support, if you use the neon radiator, or the scion radiator..liek some have used. BUt thatn you will need to mount the fan.. i had my radiator puched up against the core support, and the fan outside behind the grill..

try that pic link it should work.

and another one of the side, to see th elack of space...lol but that was with the protege radiator.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/jitb37/Protege/Swap/swap4001.jpg

DeeAOne
12-08-2009, 02:44 AM
yea i think when u put the tranny on it, and see the mounting point for it.. that will be the bad..lol But hopefully not. But as you know i had to chop my core support, only because my car had been in a accident, and the core support was pushed back.

You can actually try to put th radiator, in front of the core support, if you use the neon radiator, or the scion radiator..liek some have used. BUt thatn you will need to mount the fan.. i had my radiator puched up against the core support, and the fan outside behind the grill..

try that pic link it should work.

and another one of the side, to see th elack of space...lol but that was with the protege radiator.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/jitb37/Protege/Swap/swap4001.jpgyeah that one does look much easier to use. and im using a civic aluminum half size so i should be ok but we will see.

JITB
12-08-2009, 02:49 AM
yeah that one does look much easier to use. and im using a civic aluminum half size so i should be ok but we will see.

lol i tried the civic one also.... u go an aftermarket one or the factory? The thing that fucked me up, were the coolant in and out on the motor are hard to run in the bg and bf chassis. i never got to try the mx3 one, its smaller in height, and wide. I was also looking at the 94 miata one also.

DeeAOne
12-08-2009, 02:54 AM
atfermarket 92-95. the dual core one with the slim fan.

bdydrpdmazda
12-08-2009, 02:58 AM
have fun with that and good luck. should be a fun project

JITB
12-08-2009, 02:58 AM
atfermarket 92-95. the dual core one with the slim fan.

the bottom is the easy one, but the hard part about the top is the bend into the radiator. i had thought about getting one of th aftermarket civic ones, and get the top tank re welded, to where the inlet is on the top right, so it will delete the 2nd hard bend into the radiator. And it will go in the radiator from the side, instead of the rear. That way you can mount it directly to the side of the motor in front of the tranny..

i want to come down and check it out.. tho, i didnt know you were gonna dive in so early...lol i hate to see you tear yoru car apart like that.. but hopefully it turns out good! If it all fails, you can always go with a BP!

DeeAOne
12-08-2009, 03:05 AM
the bottom is the easy one, but the hard part about the top is the bend into the radiator. i had thought about getting one of th aftermarket civic ones, and get the top tank re welded, to where the inlet is on the top right, so it will delete the 2nd hard bend into the radiator. And it will go in the radiator from the side, instead of the rear. That way you can mount it directly to the side of the motor in front of the tranny..

i want to come down and check it out.. tho, i didnt know you were gonna dive in so early...lol i hate to see you tear yoru car apart like that.. but hopefully it turns out good! If it all fails, you can always go with a BP!well i pretty much have nothing to lose right now...the b6 took a shit on me leaving the varsity. lol

but yeah just hit me up. :goodjob:

JITB
12-08-2009, 03:09 AM
well i pretty much have nothing to lose right now...the b6 took a shit on me leaving the varsity. lol

but yeah just hit me up. :goodjob:

lol oh well in that case...its all good!

DeeAOne
12-08-2009, 03:13 AM
lol oh well in that case...its all good!yeah..lol. check my swap thread on CP. you can see the self destruction and more swap pictures.

ItsBlack
12-08-2009, 03:25 AM
friggen awesome!

d-man478
12-08-2009, 08:10 AM
good luck with the swap bud.

jew_boy
12-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Jitb made a good point about the half size radator. I'm going to pick up the radatior on my lunch to see what my welding instructor thinks about possibly doing it. were going to make this swap happen

Marta Mike
12-08-2009, 08:42 AM
FRIGGIN AWESOME! Glad to see another mazda doing work, cant wait to see the finished project. Some black hollow spokes would look dope on you car btw :)

.:Stirfry:.
12-08-2009, 09:00 AM
its gunna be sssslloowwwwww. jkjk.
how come you couldnt call a brother.

Dirty Octopus™
12-08-2009, 09:07 AM
wow V6 in da 323! :eek:

i see you JITB Jr.!! :D

JITB
12-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Jitb made a good point about the half size radator. I'm going to pick up the radatior on my lunch to see what my welding instructor thinks about possibly doing it. were going to make this swap happen

it would make life alot easier...i didnt have the resources to get that done. But you all def do!

kfzemx3
12-08-2009, 10:24 AM
im using a civic aluminum half size so i should be ok but we will see.

I see Overheating issues in your future...K series engines and Civic Radiators do not get a long... They have been tried, tested and failed.

FoolsDrifFWD
12-08-2009, 10:38 AM
nice

Brian*
12-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Awesome!!

G'd[UP]
12-08-2009, 11:18 AM
I see Overheating issues in your future...K series engines and Civic Radiators do not get a long... They have been tried, tested and failed.

BWAHAAHHAAHHAH:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

do you really think thats a K series motor?

kfzemx3
12-08-2009, 11:50 AM
;38587574"]BWAHAAHHAAHHAH:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I don't know whats better, the fact that you made yourself look like a complete total dumb ass, or that you are one...

Please go educate your dumb ass self with something other than honda.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_K_engine

Lol I mean hell I have 2 k series engines from mazda listed in my signature.

Mazda has had K series since pre 1992, which was designed with the help of Porsche.

Thanks.

JITB
12-08-2009, 11:55 AM
;38587574"]BWAHAAHHAAHHAH:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

lol try again sir..

hppwdn
12-08-2009, 12:12 PM
We're finishing up a ZE 323 here hopefully this week. He's made great use of my KL spare parts stash.

jew_boy
12-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I don't know whats better, the fact that you made yourself look like a complete total dumb ass, or that you are one...

Mazda has had K series since pre 1992, which was designed with the help of Porsche.

Thanks.

I don't think we will have a problem with over heating it a aluminum half size of eBay it flows reAl good I'm pretty sure it will flow

G'd[UP]
12-08-2009, 01:03 PM

Thanks.

:doh:ahah wow, i do feel dumb because i had a mazda mx6 with a klze..:rolleyes:but i was goin off the fact that the OP earlier said is the k series swap for the 323 guys,(making a joke at at the honda guy) i was simply going off that comment. but anywho it is good work and a good project!!!

JITB
12-08-2009, 01:09 PM
I don't think we will have a problem with over heating it a aluminum half size of eBay it flows reAl good I'm pretty sure it will flow

it will flow, but the problem is the size. The half size is barely enough for the Bp.. not saying it wont work.. but when your in traffic, or coem to a stop.. that gauge will rise!

DeeAOne
12-08-2009, 01:24 PM
good points about the rad kfzemx3 and joe. you think even a powerful fan that i run to a switch could make up for that? i have a slim fan thats supposed to cool a chevy 305.

JITB
12-08-2009, 01:32 PM
good points about the rad kfzemx3 and joe. you think even a powerful fan that i run to a switch could make up for that? i have a slim fan thats supposed to cool a chevy 305.

its just the size of the thing. It wont really be big enough to get enough cool fluid in it to cool. to be ran back thru the motor. And the Kl has alot of heat sink already. It will work im sure when moving.. but when u come to a stop.. it will raise. I had one on my mx3, and it worked until i got in traffic. and the temp would creep up..

jew_boy
12-08-2009, 01:45 PM
well if really comes down to it we will take the thermostat out and do something not sure but we will have it cool in traffic also lol

kfzemx3
12-08-2009, 01:52 PM

it will flow, but the problem is the size. The half size is barely enough for the Bp.. not saying it wont work.. but when your in traffic, or coem to a stop.. that gauge will rise!

Correct, as we saw with the bp-t that Aarron melted... lol. I'd be willing to say its probably a 90% chance your going to have problems with heat, now I hope it just sits a little high when you're idle.

The fan might help, but I still worry. My main concern is the guys who have tried to go with the honda radiators to make room for turbos, they've realized very quickly that its just not enough Rad to cool the K series.
unfortunately with your setup you're shoving an engine in an even smaller more compact space, less space for the heat to escape.

Personally I would try to see if the mx-3 rad will even fit at all 1st before moving on to a honda radiator. If the mx-3 one doesn't work then move to the miata, not sure the exact year range, but I know the inlets and outlets of a 94 miata match that of the mx3/6/626/probe etc... They are a few inches shorter in height. and an inch or so in width as well if memory serves me.

Let me know if you guys need any help with anything, its been a few mins since I got dirty with a k series :)

JITB
12-08-2009, 01:53 PM
well if really comes down to it we will take the thermostat out and do something not sure but we will have it cool in traffic also lol

i pulled my Thermostat out too as well...:ninja:

i dont want to be the one to keep talking bad abotu stuff.. i just want to be sure you all get it done and without wasting money on stuff! But i wouldnt worry about the radiator right now, until u all get it mounted, anyway.

kfzemx3
12-08-2009, 01:54 PM
;38588017"]:doh:ahah wow, i do feel dumb because i had a mazda mx6 with a klze..:rolleyes:but i was goin off the fact that the OP earlier said is the k series swap for the 323 guys,(making a joke at at the honda guy) i was simply going off that comment. but anywho it is good work and a good project!!!

lol no harm done, just like ragging on guys that instantly assume its for a honda.

collins
12-08-2009, 01:56 PM
now if you will excuse me, im going to start browsing through the killsforums...:ninja:
best of luck... they have some serious power down there now ;)

claybird
12-08-2009, 01:57 PM
man this is cool I wish I knew more on it

JITB
12-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Personally I would try to see if the mx-3 rad will even fit at all 1st before moving on to a honda radiator. If the mx-3 one doesn't work then move to the miata, not sure the exact year range, but I know the inlets and outlets of a 94 miata match that of the mx3/6/626/probe etc... They are a few inches shorter in height. and an inch or so in width as well if memory serves me.

Let me know if you guys need any help with anything, its been a few mins since I got dirty with a k series :)

the mx3 Gs radiator would be a good one to try.. i attempted on the pro. And in order for it tto work, he would need to chop the core support bars in front off, and run the radiator there. But i never got around to trying that. Its not as tall as the 323 one, but is wider.

And the miata radiator, I was also considering, it was the 94 that has the best in and outlets.

http://www.autopartsfair.com/images/products/bodyparts_new/p1140.jpg

kfzemx3
12-08-2009, 02:06 PM
lol joe we gettin old, we're thinking to much alike these days...

and if none of those works, then maybe run dual radiators? or just find one thats thick as hell.

Kamikaze
12-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Will definitely be watching this. :goodjob:

JITB
12-08-2009, 02:17 PM
lol joe we gettin old, we're thinking to much alike these days...

and if none of those works, then maybe run dual radiators? or just find one thats thick as hell.

lol its true!

Josh...
12-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Always cool to see something different. How is the reliability with that swap, and how is he going to change the spark plugs?

JITB
12-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Always cool to see something different. How is the reliability with that swap, and how is he going to change the spark plugs?

sprak plugs can be changed easily, get an extension right in between the intake manifold runners! just hard to see in the pic.

DeeAOne
12-08-2009, 05:12 PM
yeah ill worry about the cooling issue a little later..

but i didnt think it would get as much attention on here as it did. i might bring my swap thread over to here as well if anyone wants to see. :yes:

eraser4g63
12-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh' SNAP!!!

kfzemx3
12-08-2009, 08:46 PM
hmmm boost can easily make well over 300whp... where to fit it...

jew_boy
12-08-2009, 11:12 PM
hmmm boost can easily make well over 300whp... where to fit it...

remote mount maybe :rolleyes:...... nah jk. where going to rock the turbo on top of the hood. direct air flow ftw:D

xdavidscenex
12-08-2009, 11:31 PM
still wont be able to hang with the coupe.:taun:

i ordered the v2 competition wheels tonight

jew_boy
12-08-2009, 11:32 PM
still wont be able to hang with the coupe.:taun:

i ordered the v2 competition wheels tonightcome soon you wont beable to hang with my coupe :D

RBS
12-08-2009, 11:33 PM
is that a 626 engine?

xdavidscenex
12-08-2009, 11:47 PM
is that a 626 engine?

its a probe motor

jew_boy
12-08-2009, 11:50 PM
its a 626, probe, mx6, milliania, and probably one other car im forgetting

xdavidscenex
12-08-2009, 11:51 PM
come soon you wont beable to hang with my coupe :D

lmfao seriously mike?

jew_boy
12-08-2009, 11:55 PM
lmfao seriously mike?

yep :D

CHRISNITTOLO
12-09-2009, 12:56 AM
If thats a De... Where did you get the straight neck intake?? What kinda cams are in there?

And if it's a Ze... how much?, how many miles?, where did you get it?...

DeeAOne
12-09-2009, 01:15 AM
its a DE with a millenia curve neck manifold. not sure how many miles are on it. i got it free with a blown headgasket. :goodjob:

xdavidscenex
12-09-2009, 01:18 AM
fail mike.

louis, you cant hang with the beast.

DeeAOne
12-09-2009, 01:19 AM
i just want the shit to run first. lol

i hate not having a car. :(

DustnU
12-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Should be quick as HELL!! Good luck with it wanna see it when it's done!

scabtastic
12-09-2009, 11:12 AM
KLZE or KLDE?

12-09-2009, 11:14 AM
is it done yet

scabtastic
12-09-2009, 11:27 AM
oops my bad for not reading all the way through

jew_boy
12-09-2009, 12:40 PM
KLZE or KLDE?

its a DE

DeeAOne
12-09-2009, 06:56 PM
is it done yetnot even close, where you been? lol

94ej2
12-10-2009, 08:18 PM
louis ftl.

CHRISNITTOLO
12-11-2009, 10:09 AM
I wanna see that shit when it's done... Too bad you can't just bolt it right in there... Ha!... jkjk lol...

DeeAOne
12-11-2009, 10:29 PM
what shes looking like right now. i rolled it out of the garage to clean up a bit. shes sad. :(

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10622.jpg

a94civicex
12-11-2009, 11:03 PM
So far this is a kick ass build thread.... Good luck bro!

Tree
12-11-2009, 11:04 PM
you blow morta?

DeeAOne
12-12-2009, 01:21 AM
you blow morta?the motor itself was fine. it was the crank pulley that had other plans..lol snapped off the block/crank at 70mph. and since i was already planning on starting the swap soon i just took this as a sign to get started. lol

CHRISNITTOLO
12-12-2009, 03:18 AM
She may look sad but I'll sent her a get well card... after all this, she'll then be better than ever... Are you making is a 5sp? This cars gonna be sick... You'll need a new exhaust though...

12-12-2009, 09:47 AM
not even close, where you been? lol

lol bit where you been

12-12-2009, 09:52 AM
when you gunna paint the bay

DeeAOne
12-12-2009, 01:40 PM
i still dont know if im painting it or not. if i do it will be black.

DeeAOne
12-13-2009, 01:20 AM
She may look sad but I'll sent her a get well card... after all this, she'll then be better than ever... Are you making is a 5sp? This cars gonna be sick... You'll need a new exhaust though...yeah its 5 speed. for now im probably just going to weld a klde flange to the exhaust i have now.

white or black, IA? (look at the frame rails)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10632.jpg

94ej2
12-13-2009, 03:00 AM
do not paint the bay. LEAVE IT WHITE.

DeeAOne
12-13-2009, 03:02 AM
do not paint the bay. LEAVE IT WHITE.it pretty much has to be painted. i dont want welds just sticking out in the bay. it will look like shit once the new mounts are in if i dont paint it.

94ej2
12-13-2009, 03:02 AM
then repaint it white.

DeeAOne
12-13-2009, 03:04 AM
fuck i dont know. black looks good but i dont like having a different colored bay than the car. to me that just says you got your car painted but didnt paint under the hood.

but black would be much easier than white.

94ej2
12-13-2009, 03:05 AM
is your car white?

k

paint it white to match it.

k bye

DeeAOne
12-13-2009, 03:07 AM
can you ever make an intelligent post? lmao

<3

Drummerboy
12-13-2009, 03:44 AM
I say paint it white, paint the block black. Also, why not just buy the Hasport mount kit? and while your at it, hit up chasebays for a nice tuck.

:ninja:

JITB
12-13-2009, 04:35 AM
if u want to get rid of those hoses poking out for the evaporator from behind the glove box, from the a'/c system. You can remove it, but just taking the glove box, out, and taking the straps apart. And get a non-A/c 323 section, and replace it. i believe the bg one is the same.. but i may be wrong.

Elbow
12-13-2009, 11:11 AM
BAD ASSSSSSSSSSSS.

jdm>usdm
12-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Looking good man.

Let me know if you need an extra set of hands over there.

leobond001
12-13-2009, 12:02 PM
stock mounts?

and any plans for turbo?

DeeAOne
12-13-2009, 05:42 PM
if u want to get rid of those hoses poking out for the evaporator from behind the glove box, from the a'/c system. You can remove it, but just taking the glove box, out, and taking the straps apart. And get a non-A/c 323 section, and replace it. i believe the bg one is the same.. but i may be wrong.
thanks, didnt know those came out. ill look into that.

stock mounts?

and any plans for turbo?

custom mounts..hoping to get them mocked up tonight. maybe even weld them in. i have a 50 trim but i dont see it being boosted. its going to be hard enough to get it just to run well. lol

12-13-2009, 05:46 PM
is your car white?

k

paint it white to match it.

k bye

hahahaha lol.. :lmfao:
what he said

12-13-2009, 05:47 PM
and whos doin the paintin

94ej2
12-13-2009, 07:18 PM
your 50 trim? seriously.

fail

94ej2
12-13-2009, 07:19 PM
and whos doin the paintin

not you.

:lmfao:

camrycivic
12-13-2009, 09:56 PM
blakc bay be perfect for a new motor

12-13-2009, 09:59 PM
not you.

you got that right

DeeAOne
12-13-2009, 10:55 PM
its in by itself! need to finish a few things on the front and side mounts but the rear bolts up perfect!

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10644.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10644.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10646.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10640.jpg

rear
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10649.jpg

the problem mount
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10650.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10639.jpg

12-13-2009, 11:03 PM
awesome i gotta come by and see this thing

DeeAOne
12-13-2009, 11:07 PM
all you gotta do is drive, lol.

12-13-2009, 11:09 PM
all you gotta do is drive, lol.

bit come skoop me, you live to far.. lol

94ej2
12-13-2009, 11:15 PM
look lovely in there louis.

DeeAOne
12-13-2009, 11:17 PM
:goodjob:

tomorrow i hope to at least get the front mount drilled and bolted. the hard one will be the passenger side.

94ej2
12-13-2009, 11:19 PM
doesnt look hard at all. to get some plate metal from lowes or homedepot and make it from scatch. i wouldnt waste my time welding in that super thin stock junk.

DeeAOne
12-13-2009, 11:22 PM
doesnt look hard at all. to get some plate metal from lowes or homedepot and make it from scatch. i wouldnt waste my time welding in that super thin stock junk.the white piece is an oem 626 bracket. it will hold that kl no problem. gonna bolt and weld for added strength. mikes probably going to make something to fill up the gap between the wheel well and the bracket.

still undecided if im going to run the trans mount or not. i dont really need it.

12-13-2009, 11:25 PM
did you ever get the timmin done right?

JITB
12-13-2009, 11:26 PM
the passenger side, is the 626 mount itself, or the 626 bracket also? And are u using the BF crossmember down bottom.

and is the passenger side mount on the trany bolted down? did any of them line up?

what mount are u using for the rear bottom tranny mount?

94ej2
12-13-2009, 11:30 PM
that 626 backet looks scary if mikes welding it in....its thin. get some cardbox box and some plate of metal go to work with it. do it right the first time.

xdavidscenex
12-13-2009, 11:44 PM
he is doing it right im there :p

12-13-2009, 11:45 PM
lies

DeeAOne
12-13-2009, 11:51 PM
the passenger side, is the 626 mount itself, or the 626 bracket also? And are u using the BF crossmember down bottom.

and is the passenger side mount on the trany bolted down? did any of them line up?

what mount are u using for the rear bottom tranny mount?the pictures should explain most of it..lol

stock b6 crossmember, rear mount bolts up perfect. the front needs a little adjusted but will work. the passenger side motor mount is the hard part.

sterling the timing is done.

jew_boy
12-14-2009, 01:12 AM
that 626 backet looks scary if mikes welding it in....its thin. get some cardbox box and some plate of metal go to work with it. do it right the first time.
bit my welding is pretty good now so :2up:

he is doing it right im there :p
:goodjob:

lies

and you can take your ass else where

FasTech
12-14-2009, 01:20 AM
GL on it, Louis.

SlenderEG6
12-14-2009, 01:39 AM
i think u guys r doing a great job i seen the swap personaly today :goodjob:

jew_boy
12-14-2009, 01:42 AM
i think u guys r doing a great job i seen the swap personaly today :goodjob:

Thanks mate. :D

SlenderEG6
12-14-2009, 01:46 AM
^ ur bloody welcum m8

94ej2
12-14-2009, 01:54 AM
i wasnt talking about your weld. you fukin jew. i was talking about the 626 bracket is thin.

jew_boy
12-14-2009, 01:58 AM
i wasnt talking about your weld. you fukin jew. i was talking about the 626 bracket is thin.

its actually not that thin, i want to say its about 5/16 possible alittle smaller

DeeAOne
12-14-2009, 02:06 AM
i think u guys r doing a great job i seen the swap personaly today :goodjob:now you need to start on yours!

SlenderEG6
12-14-2009, 02:07 AM
its actually not that thin, i want to say its about 5/16 possible alittle smaller

i think pt is tryin to say its possible to weld but not thick enough to get a good ENOUGH weld..... i dont think it will hold that big ass motor:thinking:

SlenderEG6
12-14-2009, 02:09 AM
now you need to start on yours!

start? ima head of u u just dont know it yet:yes:

nemean
12-14-2009, 02:48 AM
fuck i dont know. black looks good but i dont like having a different colored bay than the car. to me that just says you got your car painted but didnt paint under the hood.

but black would be much easier than white.

Paint the bay black
That way if you ever do paint it anything but white... it'll work

DeeAOne
12-14-2009, 10:49 AM
ahhhh idk. lol im leaning more back to white now. looking at it this morning and i think it will look clean with a fresh coat of white too.

12-14-2009, 11:16 AM
and you can take your ass else where

aww is lil mikey mad.. :cry:

12-14-2009, 11:16 AM
ahhhh idk. lol im leaning more back to white now. looking at it this morning and i think it will look clean with a fresh coat of white too.

white bit

JITB
12-14-2009, 12:13 PM
the pictures should explain most of it..lol

stock b6 crossmember, rear mount bolts up perfect. the front needs a little adjusted but will work. the passenger side motor mount is the hard part.

sterling the timing is done.

i was saying is that the 626 bracket or is it just the 626 mount? i cant tell. i asked because the mx3 passenger bracket bolts up differently to the chassis..

DeeAOne
12-14-2009, 02:46 PM
i was saying is that the 626 bracket or is it just the 626 mount? i cant tell. i asked because the mx3 passenger bracket bolts up differently to the chassis..
the passenger side mount is a 626 mount and mount bracket. do you think the mx3 one would get rid of that gap?

JITB
12-14-2009, 03:05 PM
the passenger side mount is a 626 mount and mount bracket. do you think the mx3 one would get rid of that gap?

yea man thats what ive been tryin to tell u..lol the mx3's bay and the bg/bf engine bay are identical. And the mount bracket on the passenger side of the mx3 gs mounts just like the 4cyl does, just the bolts that connect to the motor are different. The 626 is a whole different setup.

what are u using ont he passenger side as a mount and bracket?

try the 323 bracket on the driver side, and a mx3 v6 passenger side. If the driver side acts funny, try a bg driver side.

You might come out easier using a mx3 crossmember, that way you will be able to bolt in the motor to it, and mount the crossmember to the chassis anyway. Or just redrill holes in the bf crossmember for the mounts.

DeeAOne
12-14-2009, 06:04 PM
hmm ill probably look for a mx3 mount since then. you say the 4 cyl mount will bolt on the wheel well ok, just not the engine right? its a little different?

JITB
12-14-2009, 06:15 PM
hmm ill probably look for a mx3 mount since then. you say the 4 cyl mount will bolt on the wheel well ok, just not the engine right? its a little different?

no everything from the mx3 i mention is v6. i meant that the Gs passenger mount, mounts to the car like the protege. but holds the mount in a different position, so it bolts up to the v6, but uses the same bolt holes, as the 4cyl in the mx3, and the protege. If your gonna use anything. Its gonna need to be mostly mx3 gs v6, because thats the only chassis thats the closest to the BF that came v6.

94ej2
12-14-2009, 07:09 PM
i think pt is tryin to say its possible to weld but not thick enough to get a good ENOUGH weld..... i dont think it will hold that big ass motor:thinking:

yeah

jew_boy
12-14-2009, 07:09 PM
aww is lil mikey mad.. :cry:
naw I'm not mad. If I was mad I'd make sure to let ur ass know. PUNK :D

94ej2
12-14-2009, 07:11 PM
this is a build thread. not high school drama. take that shit somewhere else.

SlenderEG6
12-14-2009, 11:11 PM
^ x2:no:

jew_boy
12-14-2009, 11:13 PM
this is a build thread. not high school drama. take that shit somewhere else.

Pt stfu now the price is 400 for u

12-15-2009, 08:34 AM
naw I'm not mad. If I was mad I'd make sure to let ur ass know. PUNK :D

.. .goes to grab my dictionary, flips the page to look up "cares".......
pages flip, fliping page, flips back, then flips the page again..
hhhhhhhmmmmm, word does not exist..:thinking:
:tongue1:::..

DeeAOne
12-15-2009, 02:24 PM
both of you gtfo, lol. meet up at the sonic or something and settle this, not here.

anyway. i havent had time to get out to the junkyard for a new mounts(rain everday and no money), so i snapped a few more pictures in daylight. ill get some more progress up soon. :goodjob:

you can really see where i need to do the adjusting now. the whole engine is leaning.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10664.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10666.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10668.jpg

12-15-2009, 02:29 PM
hey im not the one who has issues.
juss sayin
the person i have issues with is trista muahahaha

SlenderEG6
12-15-2009, 04:35 PM
one sad thread.... :no:

12-15-2009, 04:37 PM
one sad thread.... :no:

pick up yo fone fooooolll

SlenderEG6
12-15-2009, 04:38 PM
pick up yo fone fooooolll

:thinking:.........:no:

12-15-2009, 04:41 PM
:thinking:.........:no:

mkay. :D

SlenderEG6
12-15-2009, 04:47 PM
anyways..... nice pics little loui.. u better be running by next season... ill be at the line waitin... ill give u a 1 semi length 2 bus lenghts a car length( with wheelie bar) and a motorcycle lenght( stretched) along with 2 hits! :goodjob:

12-15-2009, 05:18 PM
awww i see whats goin on here :rolleyes:

SlenderEG6
12-15-2009, 05:38 PM
me too........:mad:

12-15-2009, 07:27 PM
me too........:mad:

you blut e fluk/ :taun:

DeeAOne
12-16-2009, 02:44 AM
bump for an update. got the front mount done. one more left, then i can set it in and start wiring.. :goodjob:

xdavidscenex
12-16-2009, 02:49 AM
start looking up those wire diagrams that is one thing i am not helping with but ill be there for..... motivation lol

SlenderEG6
12-16-2009, 02:50 PM
^ yeahh... and watch mikey... u know hes always ready to cut up harnesses and turn that shit into confetti.... then ask questions later! lol:lmfao:

jew_boy
12-17-2009, 01:34 AM
^ yeahh... and watch mikey... u know hes always ready to cut up harnesses and turn that shit into confetti.... then ask questions later! lol:lmfao:

wtf are you talking about....:thinking: my last name aint palm. it's Dore we do shit the right way since 1891. and plus i dont fvck with wiring harness thats why i stick to the carb motor i thought you knew this :doh:

Romeo
12-17-2009, 01:57 AM
You're one to talk.. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: Just messing with you. :D

12-17-2009, 11:12 PM
wtf are you talking about....:thinking: my last name aint palm. it's Dore we do shit the right way since 1891. and plus i dont fvck with wiring harness thats why i stick to the carb motor i thought you knew this :doh:

its PalmS,
you dont do wiring but your about to wire up a car :thinking:. seems kinda fishy
but i dont have to say anything else,
you pretty much said it your self. lol :no:

when it comes to wirin, i do work

dragoncelica
12-17-2009, 11:19 PM
here is a litlle motivational clip for you my friend a 323 Protege with a Mazda V6 with ITB's all motor running in the 11's in the 1/4 mile!
http://www.grs-motorsports.com/noticias/foro/videos/Salinas/16diciembre/27.wmv

jew_boy
12-18-2009, 12:59 AM
its PalmS,
you dont do wiring but your about to wire up a car :thinking:. seems kinda fishy
but i dont have to say anything else,
you pretty much said it your self. lol :no:

when it comes to wirin, i do work

u should know how many wires a carb motor has seeing thats all ur dad works on or did he not show you that. 5 wires max for the whole engine.

94ej2
12-18-2009, 01:03 AM
stfu all you amature

wiring is easy.

:ninja:

DeeAOne
12-18-2009, 02:22 AM
get out of here, damn. cluttering up my thread and shit.

what got done today:

i got up early and went to the junkyard and picked up an mx-3 mount and bracket. got it home and mocked it up, it DID NOT fit at all. the motor was sitting way to high on that side to still be using stock bf crossmember, etc. none of the holes lined up and it changed the whole position of the motor. clearance issues everywhere.

so i went back to the 626 mount and bracket. today i made it permanent with the help of my buddy's fabrication skills.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10671.jpg
dont mind my friend on the core support, he was keeping the car down on that side. lol

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10669.jpg
half done.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10674.jpg
and done. bolted and welded. :)
its not the prettiest, but im going for function right now, not form.

after this, went ahead and tried out my mx-3 shift linkage. a little fabrication is going to be needed for the support bar, its a little too long on the trans end, but the shift bar seems to be fine. already put in my honda shifter as well. it made the gear feel even better with the longer throw under the car.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10673.jpg

and thats it for the day. :)

JITB
12-18-2009, 02:25 AM
NICE! to see.. i was hoping the mx3 would be able to rework.. to keep away from welding.. lol guess not. u find a harness and stuff?

DeeAOne
12-18-2009, 02:29 AM
NICE! to see.. i was hoping the mx3 would be able to rework.. to keep away from welding.. lol guess not. u find a harness and stuff?monoxidechild over on CP said he was heading to his junkyard this weekend. he said he would ship me a harness and fusebox..

and yeah i at least gave the mx3 one a try but it was just too many problems.

mike stood on the 626 one after we finished and jumped around on it. it seems to be pretty strong. :goodjob:

JITB
12-18-2009, 02:46 AM
monoxidechild over on CP said he was heading to his junkyard this weekend. he said he would ship me a harness and fusebox..

and yeah i at least gave the mx3 one a try but it was just too many problems.

mike stood on the 626 one after we finished and jumped around on it. it seems to be pretty strong. :goodjob:

im sure its plenty strong..lol Just make sure that mount isnt busted, those passenger mounts have fluid in them.. and they go out alot. You maybe could fill them up yourself.

DeeAOne
12-18-2009, 02:47 AM
im sure its plenty strong..lol Just make sure that mount isnt busted, those passenger mounts have fluid in them.. and they go out alot. You maybe could fill them up yourself.already polyurethaned. :goodjob:

JITB
12-18-2009, 02:52 AM
already polyurethaned. :goodjob:

:ninja: i c that was a test...lol

what else do u need?

DeeAOne
12-18-2009, 02:56 AM
the main hurdles now are the harness, and axles. the hybrid thing doesnt look like it will work. the v6 hubs are much bigger.

then i need to figure out cooling. im going with a different radiator most likely. after that, should be a kl-powered bf on the road. :yes:

JITB
12-18-2009, 03:21 AM
the main hurdles now are the harness, and axles. the hybrid thing doesnt look like it will work. the v6 hubs are much bigger.

then i need to figure out cooling. im going with a different radiator most likely. after that, should be a kl-powered bf on the road. :yes:

harness is easy.. its just hard to find it... like i said on cp, ecu to fuse box use the mx3 gs one of course. And the bf alternator harness may hook up to that box. If it doesnt, than u can just snag a protege lx alternator harness.

but that axle problem isnt gonna be pretty! The hubs for the mx3 gs are the same as the protege one, which one are u comparing it to?

Ive always wondered if bf owners could put bg hubs on there cars. if you cn do that. than the axle problem would be solved..

jew_boy
12-18-2009, 09:13 AM
harness is easy.. its just hard to find it... like i said on cp, ecu to fuse box use the mx3 gs one of course. And the bf alternator harness may hook up to that box. If it doesnt, than u can just snag a protege lx alternator harness.

but that axle problem isnt gonna be pretty! The hubs for the mx3 gs are the same as the protege one, which one are u comparing it to?

Ive always wondered if bf owners could put bg hubs on there cars. if you cn do that. than the axle problem would be solved..

i was doing the axle comparing. i took it to my work and was looking at all the possible fits. like louis said the v6 hub into the tranny is bigger. i had to order the mx3 axle it should be in today, so im going to check it out today.

about switching the hubs he dont want to ride with different lug patterns lol

DustnU
12-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Man you have really put some time in this project, looks to be coming along nicely.

DeeAOne
12-18-2009, 11:14 AM
thanks man. reps for you. :goodjob:

and yeah joe the problem is i would have two different lug patterns if i swapped hubs. 4x100 on the front and 4x114 on the rear, lol.

12-18-2009, 11:24 AM
u should know how many wires a carb motor has seeing thats all ur dad works on or did he not show you that. 5 wires max for the whole engine.

yeee i knoe that.
its like two wires, pos. and neg. for the battery. done :crazy:

12-18-2009, 11:32 AM
get out of here, damn. cluttering up my thread and shit.

SSSSsshhhhhhh :taun:

JITB
12-18-2009, 01:47 PM
thanks man. reps for you. :goodjob:

and yeah joe the problem is i would have two different lug patterns if i swapped hubs. 4x100 on the front and 4x114 on the rear, lol.

of course you would do all 4! The mx3 has different spline counts in different years. I believe the 94-95 one has more splines than the others. or it maybe just the 95. Whats the spline count on the 323 hub>

DeeAOne
12-18-2009, 04:50 PM
of course you would do all 4! The mx3 has different spline counts in different years. I believe the 94-95 one has more splines than the others. or it maybe just the 95. Whats the spline count on the 323 hub>
then i couldnt use my new american racings. they are 4x114 only.

and i want to say 26, but im not sure. :thinking:

12-18-2009, 05:37 PM
skinnes bit

jew_boy
12-18-2009, 08:37 PM

mx3 93-95, and 90-95 protege are the same spline's trust me ive been counting all day at work trying to find these damn axles. i think im just going to get him to get the mx3 hubs and all.

JITB
12-18-2009, 09:07 PM
mx3 93-95, and 90-95 protege are the same spline's trust me ive been counting all day at work trying to find these damn axles. i think im just going to get him to get the mx3 hubs and all.

90-94 mx3 1.6
left side: outboard spline 26 inboard spline 24
right side: outboard spline 26 inboard spline 26 & 2 blank

90-94 Protege LX
left side: outboard spline 26 inboard spline 26
right side: outboard spline 26 inboard spline 24 & 2 blank

Mx3 V6 - 28 spline count

And the 90-94 is all BG, but 95-98 is BH

you have to be sure your looking up GS parts, and not 4cyl RS parts. And hopefully ur AZ axle isnt like the oem one. I myself attempted this with a 95 hub from a GS and it didnt work with a 93 mx3 gs axle. i beat and pushed and pounded, and the bitch wouldnt go in, i ended up breaking it. And i got a 93 Escort GT Hub and it worked.

Hubs, and axles form both the mx3 GS v6, and the protege lx/escort GT from years 90-94 are all interchangeable. I just don twant you all wasting any more money or resources!

kfzemx3
12-18-2009, 09:22 PM
use escort gt or protege lx axles, only ones that are interchangeable with the GS. infact the protege lx are lighter than the GS hubs

DeeAOne
12-19-2009, 03:35 AM
only thing is, will the escort/protege hubs bolt to the bf chassis? as i proved with the mx-3 mount, somethings are a little different. i really dont want to lose the 4x114 pattern on the front. the 88-90 capri xr2 has a 28 count, but its 4x100 too. and the only other 4x114 i could find was the mercury topaz but it has 26, same as mine. :(

i guess i can ride around on two different wheels for now. lol

JITB
12-19-2009, 08:48 AM
only thing is, will the escort/protege hubs bolt to the bf chassis? as i proved with the mx-3 mount, somethings are a little different. i really dont want to lose the 4x114 pattern on the front. the 88-90 capri xr2 has a 28 count, but its 4x100 too. and the only other 4x114 i could find was the mercury topaz but it has 26, same as mine. :(

i guess i can ride around on two different wheels for now. lol

your gonna have to be the guinea pig...lol. Since the hybrid axle idea wasnt gonna work. Def try the xr2 hubs also

94ej2
12-19-2009, 09:42 AM
ill let you borrow the v2's for track day if you go 4x100

xdavidscenex
12-19-2009, 07:07 PM
ill borrow them tooo and keep em since you owe me 1k? sound good?

ill let you borrow the v2's for track day if you go 4x100

SlenderEG6
12-21-2009, 01:43 AM
^ sounds like a damn good trade to me!

DeeAOne
12-22-2009, 11:03 PM
updates coming. :goodjob:

jew_boy
12-23-2009, 12:02 AM

DeeAOne
12-23-2009, 12:03 AM
what got done today.

pulled the car out again to clean up the garage. so i snapped a few pictures of the clearance under the car.

oh also have plugs and wires in.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10675.jpg

looks pretty good.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10677.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10678.jpg

also modified the support bar for the linkage. had to take about an inch out of it to bolt up.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10680.jpg

also finished the front of the passenger side mount.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10681.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10683.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10686.jpg

and one with the hood in place. it does clear! :)
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10688.jpg

im going to attempt to use my 4 cylinder alternator so i need to put a groove belt pulley on it. ill post up when thats done. after that..axles. :(

JITB
12-23-2009, 01:11 AM
did you connect the p/s hoses to the rack so you can loop it. dont forget about the power steering pump needing to be able to pump fluid so it wont seize up!

loooks great tho!

DeeAOne
12-23-2009, 01:13 AM
no thats what i wanted to do but mike thought it would be smart to weld up the inlet and outlet. ill probably have to get a new one. :no:

SlenderEG6
12-23-2009, 01:17 AM
cute

SlenderEG6
12-23-2009, 01:25 AM
no thats what i wanted to do but mike thought it would be smart to weld up the inlet and outlet. ill probably have to get a new one. :no:

wow..... and im the one who is doing my swap wrong??:lmfao:

DeeAOne
12-23-2009, 01:47 AM
who said that?

i'll see how it works anyway.

JITB
12-23-2009, 01:50 AM

yea that wont work...lol it will seize up..and u will have a problem on your hands..lol. just get s a pullapart one. And you can maybe gut it out like you said, but it still may seize up over time. Put some fluid in the rack, and seal it up with bolts. And do the same with the p/s pump, and loop it.

Or you can just use your bf p/s hard lines from the rack, and pair them up with the KL p/s hardlines. thats what i did, if your gonna have to run it, might as well use it..

DeeAOne
12-23-2009, 01:55 AM
yea that wont work...lol it will seize up..and u will have a problem on your hands..lol. just get s a pullapart one. And you can maybe gut it out like you said, but it still may seize up over time. Put some fluid in the rack, and seal it up with bolts. And do the same with the p/s pump, and loop it.

Or you can just use your bf p/s hard lines from the rack, and pair them up with the KL p/s hardlines. thats what i did, if your gonna have to run it, might as well use it..well in a way it is sealed like you said, just welds instead of bolts. lol

quickdodge®
12-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Get that bitch running so you can bring it to Atlanta. Later, QD.

SlenderEG6
12-23-2009, 02:02 AM
lol u should have just ran pwr steering.. i mean it would be easier besides that rack is done its gonna seize like buddy said and u dont wanna be drivin and then its starts fukin up ya know

DeeAOne
12-23-2009, 02:04 AM
true...it will have to do for now though.

and qd im working on it. :yes:

SlenderEG6
12-23-2009, 02:09 AM
we still racin for 100 Gs ??

JITB
12-23-2009, 02:14 AM
well in a way it is sealed like you said, just welds instead of bolts. lol

did he weld the rack or the power steering pump? i tried to plug up the p/s pump and it worked for all of 45 seconds...lol

DeeAOne
12-23-2009, 02:14 AM
ill race for a cheeseburger.

did he weld the rack or the power steering pump? i tried to plug up the p/s pump and it worked for all of 45 seconds...lol

he welded the rack.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10626.jpg

kfzemx3
12-23-2009, 09:48 AM
the power steering pump is still hooked up but you welded off the inlet outlet on the rack so that its no longer powered? so whats the point of keeping the power steering pump now?

JITB
12-23-2009, 10:31 AM
the power steering pump is still hooked up but you welded off the inlet outlet on the rack so that its no longer powered? so whats the point of keeping the power steering pump now?

true....what was the talk about the p/s pump needing to stay? or will gutting it out work?

DeeAOne
12-23-2009, 12:28 PM
the p/s pump is gutted. it will just act as a tensioner for the belt.

CHRISNITTOLO
12-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Bump, more pics.

12-24-2009, 05:05 PM
he welded the rack.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/Yankee4life91/SDC10626.jpg

i thought that was all a joke..

but now i see that its not..

:eek:

:no:
(the person who done that must be one hella of a dumb ish..)

Romeo
12-24-2009, 05:13 PM
I would've just gone with looping it back to each other. that's what i've done a bunch of times now and it seems to work.. But coming along very very nicely! thanks mike for the pictures updates! haha.

12-24-2009, 05:26 PM
thats what i did, i relooped the lines into a clutch reservoir and worked perfect!

MidLifeCrisis
12-24-2009, 09:46 PM
You cant tell me some 88 323 didnt come with manual steering? If so i'm sure you could get a remanufactured or a used unit. EDIT: Just saw on rockauto an A-1 cardone manual rack is 226 with new tie rod ends.. and what have most people done for a belt if they didnt run P/S? is the pump really the only adjustable part of the accessory belt system? Do i need to come down to warner robins and fix this? haha

JITB
12-24-2009, 10:18 PM
You cant tell me some 88 323 didnt come with manual steering? If so i'm sure you could get a remanufactured or a used unit. EDIT: Just saw on rockauto an A-1 cardone manual rack is 226 with new tie rod ends.. and what have most people done for a belt if they didnt run P/S? is the pump really the only adjustable part of the accessory belt system? Do i need to come down to warner robins and fix this? haha

this is the issue with the p/s delete on kl motors

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c316/elgato4000/BeltReplacement.gif

there is only that and the water pump on the same belt. its alot of work pulling that pulley off and getting a new belt for the p/"s less system. but sine he has gutted it out. it should be fine. hopefully there isnt any more fluid inthe rack.. lol but there smart im sure they got it all out!

DeeAOne
12-25-2009, 09:26 AM
looping was my first suggestion. but like i said if all else fails, ill get a manual rack, and im pretty sure the festiva rack works too so i could find one of those pretty cheap.

im more worried about getting my axle situation solved and the motor wired up right now.

punkr6
12-25-2009, 09:34 AM
congrats on the build man, all I can say is, thank god I build hondas. That is a lot of work and headaches your dealing with. I'm sure it will be fun when it's done though....

mx34life
12-25-2009, 09:44 PM
:bump::yes:now thats what im talking about a KLDE swap . if you need any help with this give me a PM i would love to help . i had help out joe back in the day with his KL swap on his protege

jew_boy
12-26-2009, 12:41 AM
i thought that was all a joke..

but now i see that its not..

:eek:

:no:
(the person who done that must be one hella of a dumb ish..)

so is the person who is building a ls with gsr internals and ls head which will give it less tq then a stock ls.:thinking:and you they think there going to run 11's :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:but idk sh!t... :ninja:

DeeAOne
12-26-2009, 03:57 PM
:bump::yes:now thats what im talking about a KLDE swap . if you need any help with this give me a PM i would love to help . i had help out joe back in the day with his KL swap on his protege
sweet man, thanks. :goodjob:

no updates right now..havent been doing much because of christmas, and trying to get over this cold i have.

kfzemx3
12-26-2009, 07:22 PM
eliminate the ps pump you don't need it, take a string measure the length you need now for the new belt, and you can get them at a specific size and tooth count.

and i would go with the 323 manual rack. its night and day between one thats been made to be manual and one that is.

MidLifeCrisis
12-26-2009, 07:25 PM
we'll have a mazda vs. mazda showdown when you get it running man!

JITB
12-26-2009, 07:33 PM
eliminate the ps pump you don't need it, take a string measure the length you need now for the new belt, and you can get them at a specific size and tooth count.

and i would go with the 323 manual rack. its night and day between one thats been made to be manual and one that is.

dont u mx3 people have part numbers for the belt? you guys are usually good at that stuff...lol

DeeAOne
12-26-2009, 09:26 PM
yeah if you find out that part number let me know! lol

and brett, im down for that. :goodjob:

12-26-2009, 09:36 PM
so is the person who is building a ls with gsr internals and ls head which will give it less tq then a stock ls.:thinking:and you they think there going to run 11's :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:but idk sh!t... :ninja:

wow i see how much you knoe .......
thats just stupid.

my set-up
b16 block
ls crank
gsr rods
12:5.1 high comp pistons
ls head
t4 turbo on 45psi
with a 200 shit 2 stage frogger kit
and a JRSC
all on e85
:doh:.. and im shootin for 9s

but thats commin from a person who welds the ports shut on a steerin rack. :thinking:

kfzemx3
12-26-2009, 09:58 PM
dont u mx3 people have part numbers for the belt? you guys are usually good at that stuff...lol

lol maybe if i was actively buying parts :) i'm playing with the is300 right now

JITB
12-26-2009, 10:07 PM
thats just stupid.

my set-up
b16 block
ls crank
gsr rods
ls head
t4 turbo on 45psi
and a JRSC
all on e85

but thats commin from a person who welds the ports shut on a steerin rack. :thinking:

45lbs...lol oh my.. buy a mazda you can do 11's with about a 1/"3 of your budget!

jew_boy
12-26-2009, 10:11 PM
thats just stupid.
my set-up
b16 block
ls crank
gsr rods
ls head
t4 turbo on 45psi
and a JRSC
all on e85

ok so your telling me you are using a ls crank with gsr rods meaning your pistons are going to hit your head bc they have a different stroke ? google gsr rods and ls crank and let me know the fail. u find. next your planning on running high comp pistons and boost? thats another fail everyone knows you dont do high comp and boost when ppl build turbo cars they lower comp like chris did he went to 8.5:1 also turbo and supercharger combinned is so unifficent (sp) you will never get into the 9s with those two bc they will never work together properly good luck and give me a call when you blow up. (please) then ill help you do research now before i throw facts in your face. or make a thread on ia can i use ls crank and gsr rods see what happens come on man up make a thread.. (when your ready ill show you how to build a honda motor correctly. :cheers:

12-26-2009, 10:12 PM
45lbs...lol oh my.. buy a mazda you can do 11's with about a 1/"3 of your budget!

i was being sarcastic on the setup. lol

i gots have a few tricks up my sleeve :ninja:

12-26-2009, 10:14 PM
ok so your telling me you are using a ls crank with gsr rods meaning your pistons are going to hit your head bc they have a different stroke ? google gsr rods and ls crank and let me know the fail. u find. next your planning on running high comp pistons and boost? thats another fail everyone knows you dont do high comp and boost when ppl build turbo cars they lower comp like chris did he went to 8.5:1 also turbo and supercharger combinned is so unifficent (sp) you will never get into the 9s with those two bc they will never work together properly good luck and give me a call when you blow up. (please) then ill help you do research now before i throw facts in your face. or make a thread on ia can i use ls crank and gsr rods see what happens come on man up make a thread.. (when your ready ill show you how to build a honda motor correctly. :cheers:

lol.. you fail for explainnin all that.. lol :lmfao:
dumb shit.. :lmfao::lmfao:

12-26-2009, 10:18 PM
. . .

and ive done my research. i knoe what im doin. you just do you.

and i would never let you help me work on my car/motor or anything of sort. im not stupid.
and you wonder why you never really did?? :thinking::thinking:

jew_boy
12-26-2009, 10:28 PM

:thinking:

and i would never let you help me work on my car/motor or anything of sort. im not stupid.

ok i helped assembly a whole gsr in less then 2 hours and i believe it running great besides the oil pump is going bad... but you built what... a zc that you had to get someone to fix your timing cause you couldnt get it... and in less then a week ill have a V8 under my belt that i fully rebuilt by myself just with the assistance of chris just to help put the pistons in. and you been building this motor for like 2 years and done changed setup like 3 times. and still havent broke 14's ( and were talking about building a motor not slapping a turbo on it) all you did was change heads on that car

jew_boy
12-26-2009, 10:29 PM
better yet get your shit running and come talk to me. we will see if this secret motor will beat a V8 s10

12-26-2009, 10:54 PM
ok i helped assembly a whole gsr in less then 2 hours and i believe it running great besides the oil pump is going bad... but you built what... a zc that you had to get someone to fix your timing cause you couldnt get it... and in less then a week ill have a V8 under my belt that i fully rebuilt by myself just with the assistance of chris just to help put the pistons in. and you been building this motor for like 2 years and done changed setup like 3 times. and still havent broke 14's ( and were talking about building a motor not slapping a turbo on it) all you did was change heads on that car

great congrats to you im so happy for you. . . does it look like i give a flight fluck, but that chris' car not yours,
and that ZC was built completly by me and brian. i put the motor in, i wired up the whole car, i did the fab work, i did the timming, i did everything to that car to get it running. on the very first start up it didnt start, i checked the timming it was 180 off so i fliped it, then ran like a champ. but it didnt very well at the track bc of a shitty ebay clutch, that wasnt purchased by me
but you didnt help me dom didnt help me louie, pt, chris, ricer steven, stanton, or anyone in wr at that time.

the car that ran 14.3s was a bone stock b18a1 91 integra with 200k miles one it stock everything. with a t25 on 4psi stock internal wg.
which was done all by me.
and that was just "slappin" a turbo on.
the motor i do fully build is gunna walk any "v8" that your gunna have

you dont have much room to talk with a s10 that runs 17s

the motor i have, has been sittin the same way for the past 2 yrs. as bare block, i havent event touched it yet. so how can i change setups? ive stuck with the same setup plan. once again shows how much you knoe.

12-26-2009, 10:56 PM
better yet get your shit running and come talk to me. we will see if this secret motor will beat a V8 s10

right. ill run you in my dd civic. agaist that s10.

in my turbo'd da ive beatin plenty of v8s and what makes that s10 any different againts my bulit teg.

12-26-2009, 10:59 PM

and hows is it a secret, whats to knoe about it. its just a b18.

12-26-2009, 11:03 PM
what about that chevelle why isnt it running? that white s10?
and im the one that changes plans

12-26-2009, 11:10 PM
and me, let you touch my motor, i wouldnt want you to drop any of my pistons and break them. or put the pistons in backwards. :lmfao:

12-26-2009, 11:12 PM
and you couldnt do a simple thing like putin a tiny heat shrink on::.:???:

and i can keep goin on and on

Drummerboy
12-26-2009, 11:13 PM
thats just stupid.

my set-up
b16 block
ls crank
gsr rods
ls head
t4 turbo on 45psi
and a JRSC
all on e85

:thinking:

great congrats to you im so happy for you. . . does it look like i give a flight fluck, but that chris' car not yours,
and that ZC was built completly by me and brian. i put the motor in, i wired up the whole car, i did the fab work, i did the timming, i did everything to that car to get it running. on the very first start up it didnt start, i checked the timming it was 180 off so i fliped it, then ran like a champ. but it didnt very well at the track bc of a shitty ebay clutch, that wasnt purchased by me
but you didnt help me dom didnt help me louie, pt, chris, ricer steven, stanton, or anyone in wr at that time.

the car that ran 14.3s was a bone stock b18a1 91 integra with 200k miles one it stock everything. with a t25 on 4psi stock internal wg.

the motor i have, has been sittin the same way for the past 2 yrs. as bare block, i havent event touched it yet. so how can i change setups? ive stuck with the same setup plan. once again shows how much you knoe.

right. ill run you in my dd civic. agaist that s10.

in my turbo'd da ive beatin plenty of v8s and what makes that s10 any different againts my bulit teg.

and hows is it a secret, whats to knoe about it. its just a b18.

what about that chevelle why isnt it running? that white s10?
and im the one that changes plans

and me, let you touch my motor, i wouldnt want you to drop any of my pistons and break them. or put the pistons in backwards. :lmfao:

http://img2.allposters.com/images/ATA/26188DC.jpg

12-26-2009, 11:13 PM
lick balls much?

Drummerboy
12-26-2009, 11:19 PM
lick balls much?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/rollergirl76/WW-bitch-please.gif

Wonder Woman can go all night:goodjob:

12-26-2009, 11:20 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/rollergirl76/WW-bitch-please.gif

Wonder Woman can go all night:goodjob:

speeks the truth :ninja::idb:

jew_boy
12-27-2009, 12:29 AM
keep it simple sterlin you are one crooked halfbreed bitch.

xdavidscenex
12-27-2009, 12:37 AM

ok hold up first off im sorry louis your thread is getting like this lol .

but sterling you did have my help in that setup so you cant say i wasnt there. i have pics of me AND BRIAN putting the valves, valve stem springs and reatainers on PICS OF PROOF and me helping unload the motor from the truck the day i went with yawl to get it so i did help. The whole timming thing ok.... admit you were 180 degrees off and you and brian couldnt figure out why the car was running weired yawl were looking at each other like (wiring) :???: and me and pt came and said no your timming is 180 off and we showed you how to do it i remember then it ran like a champ.. im not trying to fight or get in on yawls argument but i do have pics and as a friend i did help you and brian i have pics back from like 07 when that took place lol so WTF :lmfao:

to end you and mikes argument you have a setup running and at the track the day it opens and so shall mike do the same and who wins is who builds better simple as that ehh? The first day the track open no excuses from either!!
deal? :boobies:

94ej2
12-27-2009, 12:39 AM
louis the 323 lookin good!!!

xdavidscenex
12-27-2009, 12:43 AM
1k asian!

jew_boy
12-27-2009, 12:44 AM
to end you and mikes argument you have a setup running and at the track the day it opens and so shall mike do the same and who wins is who builds better simple as that ehh? The first day the track open no excuses from either!!
deal? :boobies:

sounds good to me