PDA

View Full Version : Misc To all the people of the military..

savincent
12-07-2009, 07:37 PM
First off, thanks for serving the country.

Now on with my shit. I'm about to turn 19, I've already graduated. Now I'm just trying to figure out like a life plan. So here's what I've kinda came up with..

1. I'll join the Army Reserves.

2. After basic, I'll be at home most of the time. With that, I can start school and get down the core classes. Spend a little time at home before I'm gone for a long time.

3. While at home, collecting my army check, I'll work on a project car. Just because I know it's not MAD money to be saving up. Plus it'll keep me out of trouble.

4. After school is done, I'll go back to the Army but full time this time around.

5. While I'm in the Army I want to take schooling on a bunch of shit. Mainly biochemistry. But other things like welding, some type of black smiting or metal working would be pretty sick to learn on the side as well.

6. After all is said and done, I'll either stay in the Army, or I'll come home to start a career depending on how things are going in 7 or 8ish years from now.

So, I basically want to join just so I have some income just to have while I go to school. I'm don't really want to do all my schooling in the Army. You know, just use basic training to get in shape and already be done with all the other bs. Then since I've sold them my soul, they could kinda pay me back a little. Then once I've got life at home sorted, I'll be at their disposal.

Now what I want to know is, will they pay for my schooling while I'm in the reserves? Also, will I be an officer when I join the Army fully? Oh, and this plan is going to work, right? Haha, I don't want to spend all this time for nothing!

TL;DR? Fuck you.

81911SC
12-07-2009, 07:46 PM
TL;DR

Revmaynard
12-07-2009, 07:47 PM
You'd be best off just talking to a recruiter.

quickdodgeŽ
12-07-2009, 07:50 PM
I moved this so that it would be a more "on topic" thread. Later, QD.

redblackfan
12-07-2009, 09:28 PM
First off go full time or go national guard.

you don't get paid when you are not doing anything for the army, or at least i know the Marines do that.

and second you don't sell your soul. if you think of it that way don't join.

savincent
12-07-2009, 10:30 PM
You'd be best off just talking to a recruiter.
I meant to, but the last recruiter I talked to was on a train coming home from NYC. We drank some ol' Johnny Walker with him, and he pretty much explained the entire process from walking into the office the to check it out all the way till you're in another country chillin.
Cool ass dude, and I would love to see some of the shit he's seen, and even though there's the possibility of going to war. I'll fight for the country if it means people I care about will survive.

I moved this so that it would be a more "on topic" thread. Later, QD.
Thanks man. That was my fuck up forgetting The Whoreslounge is like a diet version of 4chan. Appreciate it man.

First off go full time or go national guard.

you don't get paid when you are not doing anything for the army, or at least i know the Marines do that.

and second you don't sell your soul. if you think of it that way don't join.
I meant that in a joking way. I'm very positive on what the Army can do for me and what it means to be soldier for your country.
But yes, I do know that about the Marines, that was one thing I was able to find out about that I couldn't figure out about the Army.
I know you get paid if you're a "weekender" I just want to know if they'll cover college payments even if it's either/or.

redblackfan
12-08-2009, 06:58 AM
depends on college you go to and you have a set amount of money

u8myore0
12-08-2009, 08:46 AM
my brother was going to schoold FOR free everything paid for and decided school wasn't worth his time. SO now..the army is sending him to afghanistan 4 days after my birthday Jan. 9th 2010 for a 18 month term. ( Foot soldier.) He only had to report twice a week and had drill once a month?

I also thank ANYONE and EVERYONE who is serving our country. It's amazingly hard to have a loved one serve.

95alty
12-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Well your only going to get paid once a month for your drill period. You WONT be making much money and you wont get the GI bill because of such the short time in. Some schools will give you money based on your standing but other wont. In order to go the officer route or "full time" which is called active duty you have to go to OCS which will test your leadership, decision making, and physical abilities. But hey good luck man and I hope you figure everything out. If you have any questions PM me

95alty
12-08-2009, 02:46 PM
( Foot soldier.) He only had to report twice a week and had drill once a month? .

Its called a grunt... or infantry. He isnt in the militia lol:goodjob:

savincent
12-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Well your only going to get paid once a month for your drill period. You WONT be making much money and you wont get the GI bill because of such the short time in. Some schools will give you money based on your standing but other wont. In order to go the officer route or "full time" which is called active duty you have to go to OCS which will test your leadership, decision making, and physical abilities. But hey good luck man and I hope you figure everything out. If you have any questions PM me

Appreciate the help man, I realize I wont be making much money. Like I said, no reason to save up a few hundred each month these days. But I guess I just have to find the right school now. :cheers: