PDA

View Full Version : Sports IT'S OFFICIAL!! MAYWEATHER vs. PACIAO!!!

DamnDisLaOsBoY
12-07-2009, 12:05 PM
::UPDATE:: Fight is cancelled!! I saw on ESPN this morning! Manny wont take a drug test but is calling Mayweather a coward. IMO Manny might be on steroids. He is scared of a needle for drug test? when he takes hard punches? lol

March 13th! Its official that they are fighting. Mayweather's dad doesnt want him to fight because he thinks Manny is on Steroids saying he can't punch that hard for being like 120lbs without being on anything. Mayweather accepted the fight anyways.

All comments welcome on the fight! I personally think Mayweather will still KO him and is a VERY fast defender but thats just my opinion.

Glides
12-07-2009, 12:10 PM
YAY!!!!! Another lackluster Boxing match. Boxing is blah now.

DamnDisLaOsBoY
12-07-2009, 12:13 PM
lol yeh i dont care neither since tyson been out im more of UFC but i thought it be interesting to share.

jle254
12-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Haha Personally, i find it ridiculous that mayweathers dad really believes that. Don't they have random drug tests basically all the time? Especially since manny is becoming more known in boxing i highly doubt he would be able to get away with it. curious to see the outcome

asshowl
12-07-2009, 02:34 PM
YAY!!!!! Another lackluster Boxing match. Boxing is blah now.

You should check out

Paul Williams vs Sergio Martinez
Juan Diaz vs Juan Manuel Marquez
Miguel Cotto vs Pacquiao
Andre Berto vs Luis Collazo
Mtagwa vs JuanMa Lopez
Mosely vs Margarito

All great fights that happened this year

Turbo Terrance
12-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Wheres the Poll?!?!?

CALIWEST
12-07-2009, 11:28 PM
manny wins, maywheater has been dodging big fights his whole career. he can't win them so he doesn't fight. and this will be a win for manny

lowazzcord
12-08-2009, 02:07 AM
i think mayweather still has it but pac is insane i think its a toss up

VIP Style
12-08-2009, 10:16 AM
fuck mayweather arrogant azz

Glides
12-08-2009, 03:05 PM
All great fights that happened this year

There is no such thing in Boxing anymore. Ever since the onset of MMA, Boxing is simply boring.

asshowl
12-08-2009, 03:35 PM
There is no such thing in Boxing anymore. Ever since the onset of MMA, Boxing is simply boring.

I enjoy watching both but to say that boxing is boring because mma came about makes no sense 2 sports with completely different rules

Glides
12-08-2009, 03:44 PM
I enjoy watching both but to say that boxing is boring because mma came about makes no sense 2 sports with completely different rules

It makes total sense. I find Boxing boring. I don't find MMA boring. :goodjob:

seriousb13
12-08-2009, 10:13 PM
March 13th! Its official that they are fighting. Mayweather's dad doesnt want him to fight because he thinks Manny is on Steroids saying he can't punch that hard for being like 120lbs without being on anything. Mayweather accepted the fight anyways.

All comments welcome on the fight! I personally think Mayweather will still KO him and is a VERY fast defender but thats just my opinion.

Is it really official or are they still trying to negotiate a deal. I heard rumors Floyd wants Pacman to come up to 154lbs to fight Floyd so that they will use 10 oz gloves instead of 8 oz. Mayweather will not KO Pacman.

asshowl
12-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Is it really official or are they still trying to negotiate a deal. I heard rumors Floyd wants Pacman to come up to 154lbs to fight Floyd so that they will use 10 oz gloves instead of 8 oz. Mayweather will not KO Pacman.

There were talks about Mayweather taking a tune up fight in the U.K against Hattons brother and Pacquiao going up to 154 and challenging Yuri Foreman who beat Daniel Santos of Puerto Rico in the undercard of Pac/ Cotto. I heard an interview with Floyd Sr saying that if he (Pac) fights someone else at 154 why not his son , at the end of the day i think the Mayweathers are just trying to get an edge in negotiations. I doubt the fight will take place at 154 come fight night we will see a welterweight championship fight with good ol' 8 oz gloves. The fight from what i hear is official but theyre still trying to figure out at what venue should this mega fight take place. Talks of " The Dome" here in ATL , Louisiana, and the new Dallas stadium are being discussed someone in Vegas even offered to build a 30,000 plus arena just for this fight, this is going to be a huge multi-million dollar event.

Master Shake
12-10-2009, 02:44 PM
i'm gonna say the pacman is gonna take this one. it should be close though. mayweather may come out on top though.

lowazzcord
12-10-2009, 05:03 PM
boxing just lost its edge since mma has came more mainstream. cause boxing was still popular as hell in '93 when the ufc started

Master Shake
12-10-2009, 08:17 PM
boxing just lost its edge since mma has came more mainstream. cause boxing was still popular as hell in '93 when the ufc startedit seems people are most interested in watching people just beat the living fuck out of each other over a straight standing fight.

i enjoy both quite well. 2 different types of fighting but yea.

cactusEG
12-10-2009, 10:16 PM

Boxing isnt boring at all. Its an exciting sport. Always been fun to watch then and now.
MMA on the other hand is boring and lame (IMO).
Just watch some of the up coming boxing matchs. Some good talent out there...

cactusEG
12-10-2009, 10:18 PM
i'm gonna say the pacman is gonna take this one. it should be close though. mayweather may come out on top though.
Im still nutural. But kinda leaning to the underdog Pacman..

cactusEG
12-11-2009, 09:06 AM
lol yeh i dont care neither since tyson been out im more of UFC but i thought it be interesting to share.

Tyson was a great fighter. If u liked heavy weight fights, then u should enjoy the matchs now. More middle and light weights. They tend to put on good shows with more punchs per round...

imbatman
12-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Boxing and MMA are 2 different sports. Boxing requires more skills and lots of training. MMA.. u can be a regular guy workin in an ice cream shop and become a MMA champ overnight. i still dont see how alot of guys get so excited watching 2 guys cuddling each other for 3 mins.

Verik
12-13-2009, 11:16 AM
u can be a regular guy workin in an ice cream shop and become a MMA champ overnight.

Lol is that what -"enter name"- did?

BJ Penn did? Last I checked he won the World Jiu-Jitsu Championship before entering MMA (after only 3 years of training mind you).

George St. Pierre did? Last I checked he's been training in kyoukushin karate since he was 7.

Anderson Silva did? Last I checked he was a tae kwon do black belt by 18, been a pro boxer as well as a pride fighter before stepping into the ufc. He's been fighting professionally in different organizations for the past 11-12 years.

Lyoto Machida did? He started training in karate at 3 and was a black belt by 13.

Brock Lesnar did? He's a D1 wrestling champion ffs. He's not just an average athlete from the streets that brawls at local bars.

cactusEG
12-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Boxing and MMA are 2 different sports. Boxing requires more skills and lots of training. MMA.. u can be a regular guy workin in an ice cream shop and become a MMA champ overnight. i still dont see how alot of guys get so excited watching 2 guys cuddling each other for 3 mins.

X2. Never been a fan of that "CRAP" and dont think I will be.
Plus the only reason I think it got big, because of that spike show...

bigdare23
12-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Back on topics guys....

So what round to you think Pacman is going get TKO in?!? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

cactusEG
12-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Talks about mayweather

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE_tsPatoBU&feature=related

imbatman
12-13-2009, 05:44 PM
^^exactly

seriousb13
12-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Back on topics guys....

So what round to you think Mayweather is going get TKO in?!? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I think by the 6-7th round, Mayweather will not be pretty no more. Stoppage in round 9. Well see how strong Mayweathers chin is.

bigdare23
12-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Second time I have been mis-quoted by a Pacman fanboy *shakes head*

I love all the PBF hate!!! That goes to show when you're on top, everyone always wants you to fall. People started hating Jordan for winning too much, Jeff Gordan, Tiger, and the list goes on... Honestly, can you PBF haters truly say Pacman is a better BOXER (and I said BOXER)? Can you truly say Pacman will be able to get through PBF defense when there has only been one person that has done that and they still lost? I actually like Pacman, but the odds are against him. Why? Because his style of boxing is wrong for a counter-boxer. PBF is one of the smartest boxers to ever fight, and he ranks towards the top in quickness. With that being said, Pacman is going to have to bring 300% to this fight to win. What he did in his previous match WON'T be enough. He got in a ring with people that wanted to go toe for toe, tick for tick with him, and he was quicker and more power then them which resulted in KOs. PBF will not do that. Pacman is not going to get in the ring and land power punch after power punch, a defensive fighter wont allow that. Just look at Bernard Hopkins. Anyways, I can't wait for March 13th!!!

Glides
12-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Boxing isnt boring at all. Its an exciting sport. Always been fun to watch then and now.
MMA on the other hand is boring and lame (IMO).
Just watch some of the up coming boxing matchs. Some good talent out there...

Hmm. Let's compare shall we, cause I like comparing.

Boxing. Technical of course, nobody ever said boxers were not skilled with their hands. But thats all you have to worry about.....an opponents hands. Styles are, at the end of the day, somewhat close to each other. Stand, throw punches, defend. When the other guy goes to the ground, the fight stops until he's up.

Boxing has mainly been a show during the late 80's early 90's. There is major talent in Boxing, don't get me wrong. But it is a sport whose appeal has waned alot based on what it is and the times. Boxing is beloved and always will be to some people simply for what it represents....."the Fair Fight". A stand up fight, no funny stuff. Unfortunatly for Boxing, times aren't all about that anymore. Back in the 50's, Boxing was it man, it was the pigs pickle. As times changed, Boxing waned, then came back in the 80s and early 90s with the Tyson wave, not because of the "Fair Fight" but because it was a show, on the level of WWF. Glitz and Glamour, mixed in with Tysons domination, made it popular.

MMA. Extremely technical, many different styles. Not only do you need to watch out for your opponents hands, but their feet, knees, elbows....and so on and so forth. If you can't beat a guy on his feet, you get other chances to do it on his back. It's fast, it's brutal and it's the times now.

The world is a much grittier place than it was in the 80s and 90s. Times are tougher, people are edgier and alot of aspects of our lives are alot different now. People are much more on their gaurd in these times. Fashion is changing from it, sports are changing from it and MMA is more of a sport of our times then Boxing is.

Anyway. That's what's going on. If you like Boxing, awesome. Keep it alive man. I have no place for it any longer. Though I do still have my Oscar De La Hoya signed glove from his Golden Gloves days. :goodjob:

DamnDisLaOsBoY
12-22-2009, 10:25 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-boximpasse122209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

interesting!

seriousb13
12-22-2009, 10:49 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-boximpasse122209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

interesting!

I believe that will be Mayweather's excuse if he gets KO'd. :yes:

"He never took my drug test." - Floyd

asshowl
12-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Pacquiao / Mayweather Update:
Arum says the fight is OFF!!
http://www.nowboxing.com/2009/12/update-pacquiao-mayweather-super-fight-is-off-says-arum/5709

DamnDisLaOsBoY
12-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Cancelled!

seriousb13
12-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Great.

cactusEG
12-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Cancelled!
That mother fucker bitched out ! God damn it. Mayweather and his big mouth...

RedGTS
12-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah MMA is boring, them me hold you on the ground.....now you hold me.....lame boring.

I love boxing, only reason i have showtime and HBO

cactusEG
12-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Yeah MMA is boring, them me hold you on the ground.....now you hold me.....lame boring.

I love boxing, only reason i have showtime and HBO

You're a good man ! +30

atlxpat
12-28-2009, 12:05 PM
fight may not happen
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4771718

bigdare23
12-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Here's a good article on Yahoo

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AlAMfQesxkR_FQ8coKC5rWmUxLYF?slug=ki-boxmess122909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Things are not always as they seem in boxing, which is par for the course. You’ll understand the confounding events that threaten the hotly anticipated fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao a lot better if you understand that in boxing, what one says publicly isn’t always what one means.

Leonard Ellerbe, the chief executive officer of Mayweather Promotions and the unbeaten star’s best friend, said he and Mayweather adviser Al Haymon came up with the idea for the random Olympic-style drug testing as a way to protect their fighter.

On the surface, it makes perfect sense. Who, after all, would want to fight someone who has been chemically enhanced?

Though Ellerbe vehemently denies suggestions it’s anything but that, one has to wonder.

Consider that Haymon is one of boxing’s most powerful figures. He is, in essence, Mayweather’s manager. He’s also the manager of a number of other elite boxers. He operates well below the radar and does not speak to the media, but his influence upon the sport is enormous.

Among the Haymon-managed boxers is Andre Berto, who is fighting Shane Mosley in Las Vegas on Jan. 30.

It would stand to reason that if Haymon were truly concerned about Berto’s physical well-being, as Ellerbe says he is about Mayweather’s, that he’d have already requested that Mosley submit to such testing.

Mosley, after all, actually has used steroids and other performance enhancing substances, which he testified to in a federal court hearing in the BALCO case.

Mosley testified that he inadvertently used two designer steroids, known as “the cream” and “the clear,” prior to his 2003 fight with Oscar De La Hoya in Las Vegas. He also admitted to using Erythropoietin, or EPO.

However, Mosley insisted he was misled by Victor Conte, the president and founder of the Bay Area Laboratory Cooperative. Conte emphatically denied misleading Mosley and said he disclosed to all athletes who worked with him what he was doing.

The facts are that Manny Pacquiao has never been found to use performance enhancing drugs; he denies vehemently any suggestion that he has, though just because he hasn’t been caught doesn’t mean he hasn’t used it.

Mosley managed to avoid detection and passed the post-fight urinalysis given to him by the Nevada commission in 2003 because the substances he used were undetectable at the time.

Yet, Haymon is insisting upon random testing to protect Mayweather, but he’s not taken the same action to protect Berto, who is fighting someone who is an admitted user.

“There has been no discussion at all about that kind of testing for that (Berto-Mosley) fight,” said Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission.

Absurdities abound in this fiasco, which has removed much of the luster from a fight that literally had even non-boxing fans captivated.

No one in this mess looks good.

Pacquiao created much of it himself by simply refusing to accede to the testing, which would include random blood and urine draws. If Pacquiao had agreed, the fight would be signed and he wouldn’t be complaining that his reputation has been damaged.

He claims he’s afraid of needles but has tattoos all over his body. He said he fears giving blood close to an event weakens him, but he gave a sample on April 8, about three weeks prior to his May 2 fight with Ricky Hatton, to fulfill his Nevada licensing requirements.

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, whose company is representing Mayweather, has consistently spoken out of both sides of his mouth. He’s sounded righteously indignant when discussing Pacquiao’s refusal to agree to the testing, but he flat refused to consider additional testing in 2008 when Zab Judah demanded it prior to his planned fight with Mosley.

In a March 25, 2008, interview with the Associated Press, Schaefer said Mosley would only comply with tests required by the Nevada Athletic Commission and nothing more.

“Whatever tests they (the Nevada Athletic Commission) want them to take, Shane will submit to that,” Schaefer said in the Associated Press story. “We are not going to do other tests than the Nevada commission requires. The fact is Shane is not a cheater and he does not need to be treated like one.”

When asked how he could justify his stance given his public comments regarding a partner in his company in 2008, Schaefer said he’s subsequently educated himself. Now, he said, Mosley is willing to take any and all tests requested, when requested, and has no issue with blood draws.

“The fact is, I’m not a drug-testing expert,” Schaefer said. “I know many media members don’t know the difference between urine and blood testing, either. The last few days, I really educated myself on this topic. It doesn’t make me an expert, but I know the difference now between blood and urine testing. Some substances are detected more readily in urine and others are more readily discovered in the blood. Now that I have this knowledge I have gained, I believe it’s important that Shane Mosley submit to any tests requested.”

Top Rank’s Bob Arum got so frustrated by the demands from the Mayweather camp that he initiated talks with representatives of Paulie Malignaggi.

How does that make sense given that Malignaggi is the one boxer who actually has accused Pacquiao of using performance-enhancing substances? If you’re Arum and you’re convinced Mayweather is using the testing request as a way to either harass or smear Pacquiao, why would you subsequently offer a fight with Pacquiao to the one guy who actually accused him of using PEDs?

And then there’s De La Hoya, who talks out of both sides of his mouth so often it’s not even funny. De La Hoya, who is the president of Golden Boy Promotions, continues to use his blog on the GBP-owned Ring magazine website as a personal propaganda tool.

He publicly contradicted himself in his Dec. 23 blog in which he questioned Pacquiao’s reluctance to do blood tests.

On Dec. 23, De La Hoya wrote in his blog, “So you have to do the blood work. If Pacquiao doesn’t want to do this and risk a possible $40 million payday because he’s afraid of needles or believes he’ll be weakened by blood tests, then that raises question marks.

“Now I have to wonder about him. I’m saying to myself, ‘Wow. Those Mosley punches, those Vargas punches and those Pacquiao punches all felt the same.’ I’m not saying yes or no (about whether Pacquiao might be taking performance-enhancing drugs); I’m just saying that now people have to wonder: ‘Why doesn’t he want to do this? Why is it such a big deal?’ A lot of eyebrows have been raised. This is not good at all.”

It would be a good point, if you could believe De La Hoya’s basic premise that punches from Mosley, Fernando Vargas and Pacquiao all felt the same. Both Vargas and Mosley are admitted steroids users and naturally bigger men than Pacquiao.

However, De La Hoya’s own words contradict him. Days prior to the Mayweather-Juan Manuel Marquez fight, De La Hoya did an interview with Yahoo! Sports in which he said Pacquiao’s punches were not that hard.

“Pacquiao is good, there’s no doubt about it,” De La Hoya told Yahoo! Sports in a 1-on-1 interview at the MGM Grand on Sept. 15. “And he’s fast. I thought there were 10 of him in there. I’m looking here and he’s over there. And I’m reacting to a punch from this way and there’s another coming at me from that way.

“Truthfully, he didn’t hit hard. He didn’t really hurt me. But the punches were so fast and they were coming from everywhere, it felt like there were 10 of him, seriously.”

The point here is that nobody in this mess has clean hands. The best thing to do would have been to clearly and succinctly lay out the position of each side and then work quietly toward a solution.

Instead, the endless back-and-forth has given the impression that boxing is a lawless sport run by those looking for what they can take out of it, not how they can build it.

Boxing needs Mayweather-Pacquiao. The attention the fight will generate is enormous and it will serve as an exhibition of the many good things that have been occurring, largely unnoticed, in the sport over the last several years.

Hopefully, those who stand to benefit the most from the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight will remember that, before the rest of us shrug our shoulders and move on.

cactusEG
12-29-2009, 05:04 PM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhzqkmYcLkKzctff9D

Tarzanman
12-30-2009, 02:51 PM
MMA might be the less refined sport, but its not a 1-hour bore-fest either.
If you watch a boring MMA fight, you've lost MAYBE 15-20 minutes of your life.
If a boxing match is exciting, its usually exciting for like 10 seconds a round.

Attention span and organization have a lot more to do with the rise of MMA than whether one form of combat is superior to the other.

They are different animals, and superiority has more to do with the skill of the fighter than their particular discipline

cactusEG
12-31-2009, 08:19 PM
MMA might be the less refined sport, but its not a 1-hour bore-fest either.
If you watch a boring MMA fight, you've lost MAYBE 15-20 minutes of your life.
If a boxing match is exciting, its usually exciting for like 10 seconds a round.

Attention span and organization have a lot more to do with the rise of MMA than whether one form of combat is superior to the other.

They are different animals, and superiority has more to do with the skill of the fighter than their particular discipline

My good man ur too late lol

VIP Style
01-01-2010, 09:50 AM
mayweather being pussy, straight up. I think he knows paciao can put him in his place.

cactusEG
01-01-2010, 01:09 PM
mayweather being pussy, straight up. I think he knows paciao can put him in his place.

+30

cactusEG
01-01-2010, 10:06 PM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh2cf5z3qS3B7JtR82

asshowl
01-10-2010, 07:28 AM
As of right now Mayweather / Pacquiao is DEAD.
Pacquiaos camp is in negotiations with stable mate Joshua CLottey and Mayweather has shown interest in fighting Mathew Hatton, yes that is Ricky Hattons brother.

http://pacejmiller.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/manny-pacquiao1.jpg http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/photos_large/2008/08/03/joshua-clottey-beats-zab-judah.jpg

http://pardonmyback.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Floyd_Mayweather_7.jpg http://www.saddoboxing.com/ylang/ja/boxing_images/matthew-hatton.jpg

asshowl
01-10-2010, 10:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV7-yUSVGho

This vid summarizes the Mayweather / Pacquiao fiasco til now very nice.

cactusEG
01-10-2010, 11:31 PM
I wouldnt pay shit to see Clotty and Pacman !

myfonti
01-13-2010, 10:31 AM
well, im gonna go fly to dallas and watch manny whoop clottey. mayweather is a pussy

cactusEG
01-14-2010, 04:17 PM
well, im gonna go fly to dallas and watch manny whoop clottey. mayweather is a pussy

Take as many pics as u can ! and yes Mayweathers is a pussy !:goodjob:

RedGTS
05-10-2015, 09:20 AM
Back from the dead