PDA

View Full Version : 93 civic VX - heater fan stays on sometimes when cars off

Schugg
12-06-2009, 04:36 PM
well it seems like everything is breaking on this thing at once, newest problem to add to my list is the heater fan/blower whatever sometimes will stay on after i take the keys out of the ignition. not a problem cause i can turn it off from the dash, but sometimes i dont notice and i dont want to end up draining my battery. sometimes the dash button lights will stay on if they are pushed too. the back lights of the instrument panel rarely ever work like most civics but im sure if they did they would stay on too. any easy cause of this or is there a chance im going to have to go wiring hunting?

Barefoot
12-06-2009, 07:18 PM
well it seems like everything is breaking on this thing at once, newest problem to add to my list is the heater fan/blower whatever sometimes will stay on after i take the keys out of the ignition. not a problem cause i can turn it off from the dash, but sometimes i dont notice and i dont want to end up draining my battery. sometimes the dash button lights will stay on if they are pushed too. the back lights of the instrument panel rarely ever work like most civics but im sure if they did they would stay on too. any easy cause of this or is there a chance im going to have to go wiring hunting?for the heater find the power wire. trace it and u should find where its crossing over with a 12 volt source.
as for the rest u might have to do the same.

MidLifeCrisis
12-07-2009, 04:26 AM
You may want to check something in the fuse box or the ignition switch.. maybe the climate control dosent realize the ignitions off.. as for the instrument panel lighting, do the tail lights work too? They both work off of the dimmer switch and it could be bad.. try swapping it out and see if that fixes the dash lights.

Barefoot
12-07-2009, 05:50 PM
What's with the pm ash on everything

STRteg
12-07-2009, 06:24 PM
What's with the pm ash on everything

X2 :thinking: