PDA

View Full Version : Need assistance quickly

STRteg
12-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Got up this morning took my girl to work came home and started changing out my clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder and now im struggling like crazy to bleed the clutch and get it back to normal so i can pick my girl up from work

STRteg
12-06-2009, 01:30 PM
anyone??

j0nbunklah0m
12-06-2009, 01:46 PM
so u need help bleeding your clutch or wat?

punkr6
12-06-2009, 01:58 PM
if you were on the southside I would hop on over, but Norcross is too far..G/L

STRteg
12-06-2009, 04:11 PM
so u need help bleeding your clutch or wat?

Its not bleeding right am i doing it wrong?pedal feels the same after 2 hours

Romeo
12-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Are you doing it by yourself?

STRteg
12-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Are you doing it by yourself?

Yeah I am

STRteg
12-06-2009, 04:21 PM
ok maybe i'm just flat out doing it wrong someone care to go through the proper steps

punkr6
12-06-2009, 04:23 PM
ok maybe i'm just flat out doing it wrong someone care to go through the proper steps

you need 2 people, 1 to hold the pedal down, then one to open the bleeder valve, then close it before you let the pedal up...

STRteg
12-06-2009, 04:25 PM
you need 2 people, 1 to hold the pedal down, then one to open the bleeder valve, then close it before you let the pedal up...

The process cant be done alone?

Romeo
12-06-2009, 04:27 PM
The process cant be done alone?
Not really... Unless you have something like a suction pump. :goodjob:

Barefoot
12-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Not really... Unless you have something like a suction pump. :goodjob:
u need like a mighty vac pump or something to do it by yourself.

STRteg
12-06-2009, 08:35 PM
u need like a mighty vac pump or something to do it by yourself.

Finally you decide to show up! man ive got my friend here and weve been going at it for hours its not getting harder

Barefoot
12-06-2009, 08:39 PM
make sure u all your lines tight. make sure when u push the pedal the piston is moving. also when he is pumping the pedal make sure he goes all the way to the floor.

STRteg
12-06-2009, 08:44 PM
make sure u all your lines tight. make sure when u push the pedal the piston is moving. also when he is pumping the pedal make sure he goes all the way to the floor.

well with the bleeder screw open when the pedal is pressed its pushing the fluid out of the slave cylinder so im pretty sure the piston is moving and hes pushing it all the way down to the floor do you have any other ideas bro?

Barefoot
12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
atm none.

STRteg
12-06-2009, 09:12 PM
atm none.

Ok can you go through the proper ways of bleeding the clutch system i wanna make sure im doing it right thanks:cheers:

Barefoot
12-06-2009, 09:38 PM
normally i have the person in side do 5-10 full slow pumps. then hold in i open valve. once fluid stops flowing close. then do that till i see no more air bubbles.

STRteg
12-07-2009, 12:35 PM
normally i have the person in side do 5-10 full slow pumps. then hold in i open valve. once fluid stops flowing close. then do that till i see no more air bubbles.

Ok do you know how to bench bleed the clutch master cylinder?

NEMO
12-07-2009, 12:45 PM
have you got it bled yet?

STRteg
12-07-2009, 12:55 PM
have you got it bled yet?

no Im tying to bleed it but its not working

NEMO
12-07-2009, 01:06 PM
is the clutch getting any pressure or is it just falling straight to the floor and not coming back up on its own?

STRteg
12-07-2009, 01:08 PM
is the clutch getting any pressure or is it just falling straight to the floor and not coming back up on its own?

feels like no pressure,when it goes to the floor it stays but if i pick it back up it stays but wont come back up on its own

gsrteg
12-07-2009, 01:09 PM
To bleed the clutch system is like bleeding the brake system.

1. make sure your reservoir tank is full of brake fluid
2. have a friend or neighbor inside to pump the pedal.
3. tell friend/neighbor to pump the pedal 5 time with the bleeder screw unreleased yet to build pressure. (of course, you might need to use your hand to pump the pedal, cuz it might not move back up, this ok)
4. pump the pedal 5 times, hold it on the 5th pump. then release the bleedr screw, and fluid will squirt or drip.then tighten.
5. then pull pedal back up, and repeat process of pumping, then releasing the bleeder screw. to build pressure in the clutch lines.
6. make sure you keep an eye on the reservoir tank, not letting it get empty, or else there will be bubbles in the line.
7. Eventually, after bleeding the system and pumping the pedal, the pedal will work its way back to normal (will raise back up on its own.)

Hope this makes sense somewhat.

STRteg
12-07-2009, 01:11 PM
To bleed the clutch system is like bleeding the brake system.

1. make sure your reservoir tank is full of brake fluid
2. have a friend or neighbor inside to pump the pedal.
3. tell friend/neighbor to pump the pedal 5 time with the bleeder screw unreleased yet to build pressure. (of course, you might need to use your hand to pump the pedal, cuz it might not move back up, this ok)
4. pump the pedal 5 times, hold it on the 5th pump. then release the bleedr screw, and fluid will squirt or drip.then tighten.
5. then pull pedal back up, and repeat process of pumping, then releasing the bleeder screw. to build pressure in the clutch lines.
6. make sure you keep an eye on the reservoir tank, not letting it get empty, or else there will be bubbles in the line.

Hope this makes sense somewhat.

Thanks i guess im going to keep trying that thats what ive been doing

STRteg
12-07-2009, 02:17 PM
no matter how much i pump the system when i release the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder it just drips out the same way pedal feel the same still sinking to the floor

MugenCrx
12-07-2009, 02:24 PM
get a bottle of brake fluid get a tube and stick it on the nipple and the other end of the tube must be in the bottle opene the valve and then keep pumping until u see none to minimun air bubbles repeat process until done

STRteg
12-07-2009, 05:14 PM
ok after reasearching this a looong time i'm going to remove the clutch master cylinder and bench bleed it and reisntall it and see if that helps

STRteg
12-08-2009, 02:58 AM
Problem solved I removed the clutch master cylinder took it back to autozone changed fo another one came back home did the bench bleeding process installed bled the clutch system everythings back to normal and kickin again!

Barefoot
12-08-2009, 06:46 AM
coolbeans

Tech5
12-08-2009, 01:12 PM
MAKE SURE YOU KEEP IT FULL OF FLUID TOO....IT TAKES A MIN. TO DO THIS BUT WHAT I LIKE TO DO IS

OPEN BLEEDER AND TELL SOMEONE TO PRESS TO THE FLOOR, THEN TIGHTEN IT, AND DO THAT ABOUT 10 TIMES,
THEN I LIKE TO HAVE SOMEONE PUMP IT LIKE 30ISH TIMES THEN HOLD, THEN I OPEN BLEEDER, THEN TELL THEM DO IT AGAIN.. I DO THIS UNTIL IT GETS REALLY NICE AND HARD....

ALSO I HAVE A POWER BLEEDER SO I CAN DO THIS ALONE.THEY COST AROUND 150 BUCKS , BUT YOU CAN GO TO AUTOZONE AND BUY A BLEEDER/VACCUMN PUMP FOR ABOUT 40 BUCKS AND YOU CAN DO IT ALONE ALSO