PDA

View Full Version : The Coldest F*cking Photoshoot SC has ever seen..........

MrGurley
12-06-2009, 02:27 AM
ok not really but it was 40 degrees and i was freezin my ass off. and i need a new tripod ftmfL........
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/nasty95integra/DSC_0147-2.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/nasty95integra/DSC_0163-1.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/nasty95integra/DSC_0167.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/nasty95integra/DSC_0177.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/nasty95integra/DSC_0183.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/nasty95integra/DSC_0186.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/nasty95integra/DSC_0190.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/nasty95integra/DSC_0198.jpg

imprtguy_94
12-06-2009, 02:37 AM
nice pics man. looks like cars are pretty clean. bump.

dallasb84
12-06-2009, 02:41 AM
im confused with that dash...... is that a lude???

JITB
12-06-2009, 02:44 AM
it started off good.. than i ended up a little dizzy! the 2nd pic is nice tho.. minus the dude's shoulder!

Dwisforme05
12-06-2009, 02:56 AM
NICE CARS.

pics need work tho lol

RL...
12-06-2009, 03:31 AM
pics suck...

speedminded
12-06-2009, 03:58 AM
im confused with that dash...... is that a lude???Do ya see any 'ludes in any of the pics? lol!

Sol-Badguy
12-06-2009, 04:27 AM
Do ya see any 'ludes in any of the pics? lol!
Somehow probably thought the AP1 gauges are from a Prelude?

I love how random people think anything Honda, they've never seen before, automatically means it's a Prelude.

If I had kept track of how many times I got asked if my delSol was a Prelude. :thinking:

bdydrpdmazda
12-06-2009, 04:44 AM
pics suck...
yeah, kinda

sprix!
12-06-2009, 05:34 AM

I love how random people think anything Honda, they've never seen before, automatically means it's a Prelude.

If I had kept track of how many times I got asked if my delSol was a Prelude. :thinking:

I agree... it seems like I always end up with the Hondas that confound people. Del sols, Preludes, and S2000s.
The pics aren't the best, but I love seeing the gauges in that car. Incredibly good looking swap.

quickdodge®
12-06-2009, 07:43 AM
pics suck...

I have to agree. And ....here it comes.......this wasn't a "photoshoot" lolol.

But in all honesty, these pics weren't that good at all. You only got a couple of pics where the you had the entire car in the pic. And there was no lighting so you really couldn't see the car. They were all off center; and for no good reason (like if it was being centered beside a monument or something). And the angles are very much not needed.

Overall not eye-appealing. Nicer pics of the Acura would be cool as from what I can tell, it probably looks pretty good. Later, QD.

Genji-Sama
12-06-2009, 08:54 AM
pic 6, I like :goodjob:. Some real clean cars like that all black theme

yungdz
12-06-2009, 08:58 AM
need to work on your lighting

first pics hot though

singhondeck
12-06-2009, 09:00 AM
i cant see what tey look like, there all darkk, all i saw was the half ass engine, and lights..lol

MrGurley
12-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks for all the c&c everyone. I am by no means a pro at this and don't really have that intention, but I will take all that in on future "shoots". Lol

Brian*
12-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Awesome!

u8myore0
12-06-2009, 12:58 PM
loving the first picture ;)

carbongs
12-06-2009, 01:46 PM
i have a headache from looking at these pics.

EL42
12-06-2009, 01:56 PM
I like the first pic and.....couldn't see the rest.

Sol-Badguy
12-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Word of advice.

If we have to turn our heads just to see what exactly you took a picture of, it's time to readjust..

Tree
12-06-2009, 03:55 PM
did you photoshop any of these?

MrGurley
12-06-2009, 04:12 PM
na these are just raw pictures. im working on photoshop now

MrGurley
12-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Word of advice.

If we have to turn our heads just to see what exactly you took a picture of, it's time to readjust..

haha aite thanks man

stubbyda91
12-06-2009, 05:11 PM
more pics of the DA plz

DustnU
12-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Pics are GREAT!! Love the DA

teh_mugen18
12-06-2009, 05:35 PM
ah i looked in this thread earlier, really liked it.. and forgot to comment on the cars. But now im back.

Good job, i honestly like everything i see. Lol. Very clean indeed. :goodjob::goodjob:

MrGurley
12-06-2009, 05:45 PM
thanks!!! i just ordered a new tripod so hopefully that will reduce my vibration problem, then i gotta work on lighting haha

sano240
12-06-2009, 05:53 PM
all black is the best color an you you did pics right

CHADbee
12-06-2009, 06:12 PM
dont take pictures of black cars at night. it doesnt work out well.

EJ25RUN
12-06-2009, 06:18 PM
pics suck...

I'm agreeing with him.

*runs to take a cold shower*

MrGurley
12-06-2009, 06:21 PM
dont take pictures of black cars at night. it doesnt work out well.

*noted* haha

again thanks everyone for all the comments good or bad. im still trying to learn the camera and pretty much have no idea what im doing. but i gotta start somewhere so hopefully ill get better!! haha

Sammich
12-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Awesome!
thats for sure...better than ur phone camera pics:crazy:

btw gurley pants...u made the maxipad look like tampax pearl..thanks bro:lmfao:

CHADbee
12-06-2009, 07:55 PM
*noted* haha

again thanks everyone for all the comments good or bad. im still trying to learn the camera and pretty much have no idea what im doing. but i gotta start somewhere so hopefully ill get better!! haha

its all good man, i was just thinking about my 1st shoot the other day and ROLF'd

everybody has to start somewhere and the best place to learn and it isnt IA, its photography forums *hint hint*

Sol-Badguy
12-06-2009, 08:10 PM
haha aite thanks man
I took angles like that when I started out too.

Don't doo eet.

87 Turbo II
12-06-2009, 08:29 PM
photography is awful

but keep working at it, we all sucked at one point :goodjob:

My tip so that my criticism is productive and constructive!

On this pic:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/nasty95integra/DSC_0190.jpg

You need to learn how to use partial, or spot metering. I see in the Exif Data you are using a Nikon D90. I unfortunately only know how the canon meters work, but I it is still a DSLR so I think the lesson should be easy to take as a Nikon adaptation.

If you look in the viewfinder you should have a bunch of AF points, and a somewhat large circle in the middle. Now usually when oyu push the shutter button in halfway, the camera meters and tells you how the picture will look on the meter(that thing in the bottom of the viewfinder).

(Crappy meter below)

..........V...........
<|iiiii|iiiii|iiiii|iiiii|>
-2..-1...0..1...2

you want the V on the top to be on the 0 EV for a proper exposure. You adjust the settings to put the V in the middle, or maybe a little on the negative side for black cars, a little on the positive for white cars

Your camera was probably defaulted on evaluative metering, which is a very bad system. It looks at all the bright and dark pixels in the shot, and averages them into a greyish blob (called 18% grey) then tells you how your current settings will expose the picture on the meter. Now your camera's viewfinder should have the Af points and circle like I said earlier. (it does, I googled a D90 viewfinder). Now if you set your camera to partial metering, next time, you can get the suggested shutter speed and aperture to expose what is IN the circle in the viewfinder and ignore the other pixels, in the background you don't care about and stuff. So you can hold the camera up, get the car in the circle, press the shutter halfway, look at the meter, THEN with the car still in the circle, adjust the settings until the meter is in the center and tells you the shot will expose properly, you can re frame with the car out of the circle, and leave the settings how they were then release the shutter and press it halfway again. If you want the camera to refocus. Spot metering is the same as partial, but it uses the pixels in the spot in the dead center of the frame. Play around with it and let me know how it goes. Oh by the way, metering symbols are usually as follows, or at least on Canon:

[ ] evaluative
[o] partial
SPOT spot

87 Turbo II
12-06-2009, 08:43 PM
P.S. you better read what I wrote and take it seriously, it took me a while to write it. You just got a free photo lesson haha.

MrGurley
12-06-2009, 09:39 PM
its all good man, i was just thinking about my 1st shoot the other day and ROLF'd

everybody has to start somewhere and the best place to learn and it isnt IA, its photography forums *hint hint*

haha yea im on mycanikon.com also but i dont really pay as much attention as i should.

photography is awful

but keep working at it, we all sucked at one point :goodjob:

My tip so that my criticism is productive and constructive!

On this pic:

You need to learn how to use partial, or spot metering. I see in the Exif Data you are using a Nikon D90. I unfortunately only know how the canon meters work, but I it is still a DSLR so I think the lesson should be easy to take as a Nikon adaptation.

If you look in the viewfinder you should have a bunch of AF points, and a somewhat large circle in the middle. Now usually when oyu push the shutter button in halfway, the camera meters and tells you how the picture will look on the meter(that thing in the bottom of the viewfinder).

(Crappy meter below)

..........V...........
<|iiiii|iiiii|iiiii|iiiii|>
-2..-1...0..1...2

you want the V on the top to be on the 0 EV for a proper exposure. You adjust the settings to put the V in the middle, or maybe a little on the negative side for black cars, a little on the positive for white cars

Your camera was probably defaulted on evaluative metering, which is a very bad system. It looks at all the bright and dark pixels in the shot, and averages them into a greyish blob (called 18% grey) then tells you how your current settings will expose the picture on the meter. Now your camera's viewfinder should have the Af points and circle like I said earlier. (it does, I googled a D90 viewfinder). Now if you set your camera to partial metering, next time, you can get the suggested shutter speed and aperture to expose what is IN the circle in the viewfinder and ignore the other pixels, in the background you don't care about and stuff. So you can hold the camera up, get the car in the circle, press the shutter halfway, look at the meter, THEN with the car still in the circle, adjust the settings until the meter is in the center and tells you the shot will expose properly, you can re frame with the car out of the circle, and leave the settings how they were then release the shutter and press it halfway again. If you want the camera to refocus. Spot metering is the same as partial, but it uses the pixels in the spot in the dead center of the frame. Play around with it and let me know how it goes. Oh by the way, metering symbols are usually as follows, or at least on Canon:

[ ] evaluative
[o] partial
SPOT spot

thanks man!! i reallly appreciate that and i figured out how to do it with my d90 and it does make a huge difference!!

i think im gonna take a few classes at a local college to get a better grasp on wtf im doing haha

MrGurley
12-06-2009, 09:41 PM
thats for sure...better than ur phone camera pics:crazy:

btw gurley pants...u made the maxipad look like tampax pearl..thanks bro:lmfao:

haha anytime fool!!!

CHADbee
12-06-2009, 09:41 PM
D90 FTW! thats what i shoot with too. its a very capable camera if you learn to use it.

MrGurley
12-06-2009, 09:44 PM
D90 FTW! thats what i shoot with too. its a very capable camera if you learn to use it.

haha hail yea!!!! after seeing a few of your threads your im inspiration (nohomo) lol

Sammich
12-07-2009, 07:31 AM
i think im gonna take a few classes at a local college to get a better grasp on wtf im doing haha
i call bs

Glides
12-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Lol more like the Darkest phto shoot SC has ever seen with a little blur thrown in for good measure. Decent cars though.

dallasb84
12-07-2009, 01:17 PM
del sol guages huh?

can i install them in a civic?

ash7
12-07-2009, 01:26 PM
I have to agree. And ....here it comes.......this wasn't a "photoshoot" lolol.

But in all honesty, these pics weren't that good at all. You only got a couple of pics where the you had the entire car in the pic. And there was no lighting so you really couldn't see the car. They were all off center; and for no good reason (like if it was being centered beside a monument or something). And the angles are very much not needed.

Overall not eye-appealing. Nicer pics of the Acura would be cool as from what I can tell, it probably looks pretty good. Later, QD.

i don't like how you've toned things down a bit lately...

nothing beat a little bit of the QD Classics.... which are - now sadly a thing of the past. :(

-jonathan

MrGurley
12-07-2009, 03:45 PM
del sol guages huh?

can i install them in a civic?

Lol that fail was more epic than my picture taking ability...
S2k cluster,,.

BKgen®
12-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah, uhh.... definitely can't see shit, captain. 404: Lighting not found.

dallasb84
12-08-2009, 01:10 AM
Lol that fail was more epic than my picture taking ability...
S2k cluster,,.

yeah ok ...... epic? not really

just didnt recognize the guages they look cool

MrGurley
12-08-2009, 10:37 AM
yeah ok ...... epic? not really

just didnt recognize the guages they look cool

Haha I was just kidding man!!

1SOL2NV
12-08-2009, 11:24 AM

or a mazda miata . id be rich for how many people call them preludes or miatas :no:

RBS
12-08-2009, 11:26 AM
s2k cluster, woot woot!

EG_Type_R-94
12-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Dope-ass pics man. clean engine bay too

FoolsDrifFWD
12-12-2009, 09:35 PM
whats the point of having a S2K cluster if you car docent rev that high?

MrGurley
12-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Dope-ass pics man. clean engine bay too

Thanks man!! If the weather would tighten up I'd get some better ones now that I've had some help from some people here/did some research on this beast!!