PDA

View Full Version : dash vin

BITCHING
12-06-2009, 02:23 AM
a friend of mine bought a car and the dash has been changed in the car.now the vin on the dash is not the right vin for the car.well he get in troble with the law sense the dash vin dont match the vin for the car.but all the other vin # for the car matches the title(DOOR JAMS AND FIREWALL ARE THE RIGHT VIN FOR THE CAR)

DeeAOne
12-06-2009, 02:24 AM
are you trying to ask us something...? you can do it, i know you can.

BITCHING
12-06-2009, 02:30 AM
THE DASH VIN DOES NOT MATCH THE VIN # FOR MY FRIENDS CAR BUT THE OTHER VIN# OR RIGHT FOR THE CAR. WELL THE COPS SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE VIN# BEING DIFF

DeeAOne
12-06-2009, 02:32 AM
most cops are dont look that hard. at least not around here anyway. if you were in cali, it would be a different story.

dallasb84
12-06-2009, 02:35 AM
it is not illegal to change a dash...... but it is illegal to tamper with vin tags so as to change vin of the vehicle.......

you would not get into trouble swappin vin plates... if they match registration, insurance, and title...

speedminded
12-06-2009, 03:40 AM
THE DASH VIN DOES NOT MATCH THE VIN # FOR MY FRIENDS CAR BUT THE OTHER VIN# OR RIGHT FOR THE CAR. WELL THE COPS SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE VIN# BEING DIFFWhich VIN is the car registered under, the chassis or the dash? Is there an affidavit disclosing and certifying both VIN's?

speedminded
12-06-2009, 03:53 AM
He can request a new VIN plate for the dash.

Form T-128 - Request for a Replacement Serial Plate
http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/forms/pdf/motor/MV_Missing_Serial_Plate_Affidavit_Form_T128.pdf

But first it would need to be inspected with this form filled out...

Form T-22B - Serial Plate Verification After Inspection by Law Enforcement
http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/forms/pdf/motor/MV_Serial_Plate_Verification_Form_T22B.pdf

B18c1Turboed
12-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Just swap them, the cops couldnt tell the diffrence. Is it against the law? YES Will you get caught? NO.

We have done Integra dash in a EG and we swapped the Vins and never ahd a problem. Even after getting the car towed for street racing, no problems!

BITCHING
12-06-2009, 10:08 AM
my frind can have two diff vin # on the car. the right vin is on the door not the dash

BITCHING
12-06-2009, 10:15 AM
what if the vin on the dash is from a stolen car . or something not saying it is but my friend bought the car like that allready done so he has not clue if it is or not

speedminded
12-06-2009, 12:18 PM
what if the vin on the dash is from a stolen car . or something not saying it is but my friend bought the car like that allready done so he has not clue if it is or notWhy do I even bother typing? Your answer is in reply #6 & 7.

DC2NR
12-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Why do I even bother typing? Your answer is in reply #6 & 7.

Just look at his user name ..