PDA

View Full Version : Sports Anyone thinks Kimbo would go against Brock lesnar soon?

jle254
12-06-2009, 01:33 AM
Now that the ultimate fighter show is over and Kimbo now really being officialy in the UFC after beating Houston in his debut, Anyone think Kimbo would be fighting Brock Lesnar anytime soon? I remember dana white trying to bring in this other guy from another fighting league to fight lesnar but they weren't able to work something out. Haven't heard anything about that deal ever since. Now that kimbo is in do you guys think it would be a match up soon? If they did fight then who do you think would win?

TicketRedBB6
12-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Kimbo weighted 212 last night at the fight. Lesnar weighed about 250ish when he fought Mir I think. Kimbo has no where near enough stamina to handle Brocks speed, and having less skills and being smaller than brock equals brock easily taking him down and doing gound-and-pound until the fight is stopped. Kimbo would have to land a perfect punch standing up, but Brock is too fast and big.
If it did ever happen, I think it would be awhile. I think Dana knows the fight would be huge ratings, but has to know that Kimbo is no where ready for that calliber of a fight. He's not gonna go from just starting off to a title shot like Brock did.

bdydrpdmazda
12-06-2009, 08:45 AM
it wont happen anytime soon

n2daizo123
12-06-2009, 10:06 AM
that "other guy" you are talking about is Fedor, the best heavyweight in the world. Kimbo would get killed by brock.

ka24boost
12-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Plus lesnar is not going to be fighting for a while atleast 6 months to a year

asshowl
12-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Kimbo weighted 212 last night at the fight. Lesnar weighed about 250ish when he fought Mir I think. Kimbo has no where near enough stamina to handle Brocks speed, and having less skills and being smaller than brock equals brock easily taking him down and doing gound-and-pound until the fight is stopped. Kimbo would have to land a perfect punch standing up, but Brock is too fast and big.
If it did ever happen, I think it would be awhile. I think Dana knows the fight would be huge ratings, but has to know that Kimbo is no where ready for that calliber of a fight. He's not gonna go from just starting off to a title shot like Brock did.

what he said
i personally will not be interested in watching this fight
Carwin vs Kimbo would be more interesting to watch for me

yunglaosta
12-06-2009, 10:59 AM
that "other guy" you are talking about is Fedor, the best heavyweight in the world. Kimbo would get killed by brock.

yeah it's Fedor, and yeah at the stage kimbo is in, i think he would lose. not saying kimbo isn't a great fighter but right now he needs to work more on his ground game

Double_0_Rusty
12-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Brock won't be fighting anyone anytime soon... He has some bad intestinal problems, and he hasn't been fighting at 100% for awhile. Just imagine when he is 100%, he'll be hella badass.

I want to see Kimbo fight Bobby Lashley. lol

ATLSRT8
12-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Fedor>Lesnar>Kimbo

Kimbo would get his ass handed to him if he tried to fight Lesnar right now.......and I would love to see it

I can't wait for the Carwin vs Lesnar fight. Should be really good; they are both the same size but Carwin has bigger hands

jle254
12-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Yeahh agree with all you guys. Just curious if anyone thought differently. Haha ohh mann bobby lashley. Wasn't he actually doing pretty well? Yeah that intestinal problem that he had seemed to be really bad.

jle254
12-06-2009, 01:06 PM
damn i didnt know hand could get any bigger than brocks. Yeah i guess that fight will be a good one

ekcivic1991
12-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Fedor would own Lesnar

But Brock lesnar was about to die like a month ago he wont be fighting for along time. his belt is going to be taken and given to the winner of shane carwin and another fighter.

Kimbo needs to keep training and get his knee looked at and possibly get it operated on if he plans on furthering his career in mma

jle254
12-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeahh that arthritis in the knee isn't so great, but at least there are ways for him to fix it. Yeah i think with the injury it is definitely gonna be a huge set back for lesnar. I could see him only fighting for a little while longer and retiring

ATLSRT8
12-06-2009, 01:38 PM
damn i didnt know hand could get any bigger than brocks. Yeah i guess that fight will be a good one

Yeah I was reading an article on Carwin and they said he wears 4XL gloves and they still have to cut them so his hand will fit in them

Turbo Terrance
12-06-2009, 03:29 PM
its too soon for those 2 to fight....

jle254
12-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Man thats ridiculous hand size. If he has some speed to him then that fight would be pretty tough for lesnar. We'll I guess with lesnar's condition right now he might not even fight for much longer

TIGERJC
12-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Wow kimbo wins one fight in the ufc and someone thinks he ready for a title shot (prolly never going to happen). He better drop a few more pounds and fight in the Light heavyweight class. Even there he prolly will only be a somewhat average fighter after he improves over 4 or more fights

jle254
12-06-2009, 09:33 PM
I dont think anyone said he was ready for a title shot. I was just curious if anyone had an opposing opinion for kimbo fighting lesnar. I do have to agree that he does need more experience just for a CHANCE at the title. Just curious if anyone thinks that he does deserves a shot soon.

TIGERJC
12-06-2009, 10:36 PM
I dont think anyone said he was ready for a title shot. I was just curious if anyone had an opposing opinion for kimbo fighting lesnar. I do have to agree that he does need more experience just for a CHANCE at the title. Just curious if anyone thinks that he does deserves a shot soon.
I dont see a title shot in his future. He is 35 with a bad knee and he has a long way to go when it comes to competing on the ground. Now if he was in his 20's than yea he has a chance, but at that age he does not have the skill level in order to climb the ladder to even face the top 5 in whatever division he is in.

Glides
12-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Now that the ultimate fighter show is over and Kimbo now really being officialy in the UFC after beating Houston in his debut, Anyone think Kimbo would be fighting Brock Lesnar anytime soon? I remember dana white trying to bring in this other guy from another fighting league to fight lesnar but they weren't able to work something out. Haven't heard anything about that deal ever since. Now that kimbo is in do you guys think it would be a match up soon? If they did fight then who do you think would win?

Lol....Lesnar would destroy Kimbo. He's 3 times faster than Kimbo, hits just as hard or harder, can take hits and has ground game that Kimbo will never have. He will rush Kimbo, maybe take one shot and Kimbo will be on the ground and out before the first round is halfway over. Lesnar and Kimbo will never be on the same level.

As for Fedor, I don't think he will coming to the UFC anytime soon simply because of the exclusivity of the UFC contracts. Dana White don't want his fighters fighting for anyone else and fador fights Sambo tourneys for his team. That's the entire reason. White can't pay Fedor enough to not fight in his homeland.

TSiFTW
12-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Kimbo vs Carwin. Just to see if Kimbo can even compete at high level. Alexander is no joke, but he wasn't on his game.

Glides
12-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Kimbo vs Carwin. Just to see if Kimbo can even compete at high level. Alexander is no joke, but he wasn't on his game.

Even Carwin outmatches Kimbo. Basically anyone with a wrestling background outmatches Kimbo. Take a look at Carwin:

2 time Division II NCAA Wrestling runner up in 96-97
Division II NCAA National Wrestling Champion in 99
Purple belt in Ju jitsu.
6'1" 260lbs.
Age 34.
80 inch reach.

Now look at Kimbo.
He has no formal training really except for some training under Bas Rutton.
6'2" 234lbs
Age 35.
77 inch reach.

Sure Kimbos decent....against mediocre fighters. But anyone with significant ground game will hobble Kimbo and beat him.

jle254
12-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Yeah comparing the stas i have to definitely agree. The age of kimbo does take have an affect on his ability. Now, if kimbo had been training in the past then I could see him having a chance. Well im just curious on another question. Comparing kimbo and all of the top fighters in his weight class he doesn't have that much of a chance. I'm not sure if dana white scheduled another fight for kimbo or not, but who would be a good opponent for kimbo's next fight other than carwin? Possible someone that just started also?

Glides
12-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Yeah comparing the stas i have to definitely agree. The age of kimbo does take have an affect on his ability. Now, if kimbo had been training in the past then I could see him having a chance. Well im just curious on another question. Comparing kimbo and all of the top fighters in his weight class he doesn't have that much of a chance. I'm not sure if dana white scheduled another fight for kimbo or not, but who would be a good opponent for kimbo's next fight other than carwin? Possible someone that just started also?

Kimbo is there for one reason. Fan Draw. That's really about it. Sure he can pull off an upset given the right circumstances, but those are rare against the talent in the UFC.

When Kimbo rose up so fast from the internet to the first MMA prime time network fight, Dana White hated that. So when Kimbo wanted to get into the UFC, White said the only way he could do it was through the Ultimate
Fighter. So Kimbo signed up, was taken in and lost his first fight, stupidly, but he lost basically cause the other guy was fat.

But what he managed to do was make people like him. he was ultra nice. He cooked food for everyone, he helped folks out, wasn't a dick like some others have been in the past....he basically was the opposite of what most people though he was. So by doing that, he pretty much garaunteed himself a spot. If you watched the show, every week they would hint that someone might be put out and Kimbo get to come back. That kept fans coming back to what was a so-so season of Ultimate Fighter.

So Kimbo is in now because Kimbo is liked. His talen is too raw for him to be a real threat to anyone who is established. His fights will be hyped against low to middle game players. Put him in the Octagon with anyone of substance and he will lose. The good thing about that is that he will be expected to lose and the lions share of his fans will not care. they just want to see Kimbo.

jle254
12-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I kind of believe thats why the league he fought for went down hard after kimbo lost that fight, but i can't lie I havent watched much of the ultimate fghter and I was one of those skeptics of Kimbo. I really thought he was just one of those dick heads that fights and show boats eerything. Seeing him in interviews, the shows etc. changed my thoughts about him. He's just another person just trying to establish himself and support his kids. It is good that he has a pretty strong fan base regardless if he wins or loses. Im thinking they would just make him drop weight. Lesnar on the other hand is basically M.I.A right now. havent heard a thing. Another thing I kind of see is that kimbo being in the ufc does draw inmore fans, but since many of the fans are mainly kimbo fans i think once he leaves they will probably go with him. With kimbo's age, im sure he has more years ahead of him but not much.

ATLSRT8
12-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Carwin would dominate Kimbo..........Fedor will never fight UFC bc he owns stake in another fighting league (forgot which one) and White won't help promote it. Fedor won't fight UFC for any amount of money; he is more worried about getting recognition for the league he promotes rather than the money he would rake in for a Fedor v Lesnar fight.

Sir_Christopher
12-07-2009, 12:54 PM
kimbo is not even good..... when we went against Houston that SHOWED!!! the first round both of them went in circles and the second round was the same until the last minute!!, and then kimbo got knocked down because he was kicked in the leg!, and houston didnt even attepmt a ground and pound? WHY???? worst fight in history.

PURP
12-07-2009, 01:26 PM
kimbo is not even good..... when we went against Houston that SHOWED!!! the first round both of them went in circles and the second round was the same until the last minute!!, and then kimbo got knocked down because he was kicked in the leg!, and houston didnt even attepmt a ground and pound? WHY???? worst fight in history.

not all the way true... Alexander was the one circling. Kimbo was just sitting there waiting for him to bang. He was getting very irratated at Alexander for doing so. I am a fan of both, but Alexander pretty much bitched up on that fight. He should have killed kimbo. Instead, he went with just leg kicks. And in the end, he paid the cost by not winning.

Sir_Christopher
12-07-2009, 01:41 PM
not all the way true... Alexander was the one circling. Kimbo was just sitting there waiting for him to bang. He was getting very irratated at Alexander for doing so. I am a fan of both, but Alexander pretty much bitched up on that fight. He should have killed kimbo. Instead, he went with just leg kicks. And in the end, he paid the cost by not winning.

yea, i was very pissed about it. alexander should have just started swinging intensely like he usualy does, he made his self look like a bitch and it made kimbo look like he needs to train more before steping back in a ring!, he missed 3 times in a row on the 3rd round.....
and when he had alexander on the ground just holding his arms, he would go to swing rear allllllll the way back and then hesitate then go for the shot.... made me mad.....

redblackfan
12-07-2009, 03:16 PM
whoever fights lesnar is going to get their butt whoop

Glides
12-07-2009, 03:27 PM
kimbo is not even good..... when we went against Houston that SHOWED!!!

Wait...you AND Kimbo went against Houston? Well that explains why he won, he had a pocket Internet Fan in his pocket. :D

ATLSRT8
12-07-2009, 03:31 PM
whoever fights lesnar is going to get their butt whoop

Fedor would walk all over him.....Carwin will be a good fight. He hasn't fought anyone good within 40lbs of him yet. He won't be able to ground pound Fedor or Carwin bc they are similar sizes.

jle254
12-07-2009, 04:20 PM
their weight being almost the same does make it more tough. Watching randy and lesnar fight for the belt before the mir fight, you can tell lesnar's weight helped him a lot. Randy had a really really difficult time trying to even pick up lesnar much less throw him to the ground. I think it comes down to ground game.

Sir_Christopher
12-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Wait...you AND Kimbo went against Houston? Well that explains why he won, he had a pocket Internet Fan in his pocket. :D

Bbbwwwaaaahahahahahahahhahaa!
I love you for pointing that out

ATLSRT8
12-07-2009, 04:47 PM
their weight being almost the same does make it more tough. Watching randy and lesnar fight for the belt before the mir fight, you can tell lesnar's weight helped him a lot. Randy had a really really difficult time trying to even pick up lesnar much less throw him to the ground. I think it comes down to ground game.

Yeah it was rough for Randy. What did Randy weigh in at, 235? and Lesnar was 265.....he was at least 270-275 by the time the fight came around. Think Lesnar walks around at 285-290 when he isn't training for a fight.

Think this is gonna be the biggest legit fighter for Lesnar (If he ever fights again)

Shane Carwin
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee22/ATLSRT8/carwin.jpg

jle254
12-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Yeah randy at 235 and lesnar at 265 then like you said by the time they actually fight both would be able to rehydrate so yeah basically by the time it started he was roughly 275. Haven't seen him fight much but definitely looks like a beast. It will be interesting. Both seem like very fast but also strong fighters. Truthfully, i was really surprised about lesnar's speed in his debut against Mir and everyone else he fought.

PSINXS
12-07-2009, 07:02 PM
No. he isnt that good yet for a title shot. that houston alexander fight was trash. i think Houston threw the fight purposely. houston barely threw a punch.

but this is sports entertainment world so yes it is probably already being set up for him and brock to square off.

redblackfan
12-07-2009, 09:19 PM
lesnar is a monster. what makes him the most dangerous is he don't care what happens

jle254
12-07-2009, 10:03 PM
lesnar is a monster. what makes him the most dangerous is he don't care what happens

Yeah but that can also hurt him. I know it was his first fight but thats what happened in his debut in the UFC against Mir. Hes definitely better and has gotten better but aggresiveness can sometimes bit ya in the butt.

PSINXS - Yeah we may never know what goes on behind close doors in the sports industry, but who knows it could have just been houstons corner game plan

boostedb16
12-07-2009, 10:29 PM
yea, i was very pissed about it. alexander should have just started swinging intensely like he usualy does, he made his self look like a bitch and it made kimbo look like he needs to train more before steping back in a ring!, he missed 3 times in a row on the 3rd round.....
and when he had alexander on the ground just holding his arms, he would go to swing rear allllllll the way back and then hesitate then go for the shot.... made me mad.....the fight i saw, kimbo slammed the shit out of alexander and punched the shit out of him for a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YeV-mHTv0w

Glides
12-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Fedor would walk all over him.....Carwin will be a good fight. He hasn't fought anyone good within 40lbs of him yet. He won't be able to ground pound Fedor or Carwin bc they are similar sizes.

I have to agree with that but it won't be as bad as you think.
The only way Fedor will take down Lesnar is by stealing his arm or leg and submitting him. With Lesnars training schedule, knowing he was fighting Fedor (If he's 100% after his illness) he would train his ass off to try to prevent that from happening. If Fedor and him go to the ground, it's gonna be interesting if Lensar can keep his limbs from being snatched. But Fedors victory won't come without a price. He will take some damage, but then again, Fedor always takes damage, it just doesn't bother him too much.

I would pull like hell for Lesnar though, Fedor needs a good beat down in my opinion. He's a wonderful, great fighter who will go down in History. But he needs a whoopin. He needs to see that there is talent in the UFC capable of putting him on his ass so that he sees it as a challenge enough to possibly join it.

Fedor is very skilled at fighting larger opponents. But his larger opponents have not been all that great of fighters. Hong man choi? Lol. But Fedor has vast experience, Lesnar does not. That will hurt Lesnar. Lesnars speed though, is vastly superior than any big man Fedors fought. That will suprise Fedor i'm sure.

Though....none of this really matters cause it ain't happening. :D

Glides
12-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Also....tidbit of info.

Brock was the second man to wear 4xl gloves in MMA. The first was....Choi Hong-man.

americanctm
12-08-2009, 04:27 PM
that "other guy" you are talking about is Fedor, the best heavyweight in the world.

lol at "that other guy". I can't tell you how bad I wanted Fedor to sign with the UFC this past August after Affliction tanked to see him take on Lesnar. The Rodgers vs. Fedor fight was awesome though.