PDA

View Full Version : moving to columbus! how are the cops there?

googoo
12-05-2009, 10:02 PM
yea so im moving to columbus in about a month i drive a 94 integra ls and i was wondering how the cops were down there im tired of all the shit head cops around peachtree city

ekcivic1991
12-05-2009, 10:12 PM
well as a majority most cops are punks. they were all picked on in highschool and the badge and uniform command give them instant respect so they are pretty much still all dick heads.

but there is not that many of them really

S.Brewer
12-05-2009, 10:45 PM
its not too bad. i go flying down the road and being a ricer revving to redline errywhere u go, u will get pulled over. they give us ALOT more play than we appreciate. Its not bad

1d10t
12-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Ive had ZERO issues. And I drive kinda hard.

googoo
12-06-2009, 09:22 AM
hell yea thats good news, well i guess i will be seeing you guys around in a month or so

98tegCHICK
12-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Haven't had too much problems with them...I've been pulled over so many times for speeding now and have gotten warnings every time... the last time I got pulled over, I was in hubby's car. Had gone up the street to McD's at 10:30 pm b/c my boys (hubby and son). So I jus went in my pj's. Didn't take my purse (with driver's licence), and hubby had insurance card in his wallet.. so I didn't have that either. Got pulled over for doin 60 in a 45 (on Milgen rd) and he let me go with a warnin lol

Some of them are dicks tho, just like anywhere...

S.Brewer
12-06-2009, 01:16 PM
wow^ good job!

99jdmLs
12-06-2009, 01:52 PM
not to bad- unless ur just being an idiot in a parking lot... or getcaught speeding in a scool zone

ive got 1 ticket here in 5 years... 84 in a 55. lol

ash7
12-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Police around here aren't terrible. They just do their job like any other cop would, 98% of them deserve our respect - be a responsible person and you won't have any issues.

-jonathan

googoo
12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
hell yea any of you guys live around north ave.(thats were my house that were renting)

Buttons
12-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Be careful on the highway. I'm not down there much anymore, but the last time I was a group of motorcycle cops stick together. One checking the speeds and the other 3 or so chasing after the speeders. Other than that, I really don't ever see cops in Columbus.

S.Brewer
12-06-2009, 06:57 PM
i live more downtown. I lust moved from the HC house i lived in for 10 years. its not bad.

LIKEG6
12-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Not too sure where north avenue is. The cops aren't too horrible down here. Some can be dicks like when they kick us out of sonic for no reason and some can be cool.

googoo
12-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Not too sure where north avenue is. The cops aren't too horrible down here. Some can be dicks like when they kick us out of sonic for no reason and some can be cool.
its like a minute away from pleasure world...lol

LIKEG6
12-07-2009, 08:21 AM
its like a minute away from pleasure world...lol

LOL So you won't be too far from me. I live kinda off armour road

98tegCHICK
12-07-2009, 09:15 PM
wow^ good job!

I gots the cop charmin skillz :D

Adam was pissed tho lol

S.Brewer
12-08-2009, 06:40 PM
i has cop charmin skillz too ;) lol. I want to get a sticker for my back glass that says either Cops Love Me or the I Heart with a cross through it Cops. I have the i heart slash through speedbumps. FKNLOW!!!

TangDang
12-24-2009, 12:20 AM
cops here suck donkley dick like the rest of them in the world!

smokincoupe
12-24-2009, 10:57 PM
cops do there job...how are they dicks?? They only say something when ur doing something wrong...

googoo
12-27-2009, 12:08 AM
i move on the 2nd cant wait!

LIKEG6
12-27-2009, 10:19 AM
cops do there job...how are they dicks?? They only say something when ur doing something wrong...

Wroooooooonnnnggg

quickdodgeŽ
12-27-2009, 10:22 AM

Egg-fucking-zactly.

Lolol @ talking shit about cops. All you that think cops are bad bring your thoughts on yourselves. If you'd play by the rules, I guarantee you wouldn't have your "problems." Later, QD.

-S Double C-
12-27-2009, 10:28 AM

no there fucking pricks, had a good friend one time he became a cop and now he acts like he's to good to talk to someone and always has a attitude.

ash7
12-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Egg-fucking-zactly.

Lolol @ talking shit about cops. All you that think cops are bad bring your thoughts on yourselves. If you'd play by the rules, I guarantee you wouldn't have your "problems." Later, QD.

i agree with this all the way. Although i too have had friends that became officers, needless to say - we don't hang out anymore because their attitude did take a turn for the worse.

-jonathan

LIKEG6
12-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Cops are not all bad, but here in Columbus they seem to have nothing better to do than just ride around and get mad at people for talking in a parking lot.

I walked out of a store at the strip mall one time and saw a really old friend when I was walking to my car. I stopped and stsrted talking to him. 10 seconds later 2 cops are walking by in front of the stores and start yelling across the parking lot for us to leave. I said "I'm just talkin to someone, I'll leave in a second." They said we couldn't stand in the parking lot and talk. I guess they want you to run straight to your car when you leave a store and not stop for anything.

That's one reason I say cops are dicks. Not all but a lot here are.

ash7
12-27-2009, 11:50 AM

Perhaps it's the strip mall owners/operators who are the dicks, since they lay down the rules for their property? The police simply enforce it.

-jonathan

quickdodgeŽ
12-27-2009, 12:27 PM
I guess they want you to run straight to your car when you leave a store and not stop for anything.

Perhaps it's the strip mall owners/operators who are the dicks, since they lay down the rules for their property? The police simply enforce it.

-jonathan

That cold very well be the case. Cops only do what they are told to do. If the property owners don't want loitering, then the police have to respect that. That's like you coming to my house and me getting the cops to tell you to leave. You should be pissed at me, not the cops because they wouldn't have done shit had I not told them to do so. But who knows, lolol. Later, QD.

1d10t
12-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I think the cops are much more relaxed than in PA where Im from. If youre not a complete ass clown, youll be fine

-S Double C-
12-27-2009, 05:36 PM
well hondalover has a interview/meeting whatever it is you do to become a cop like the 8th of jan. or so we will see if he changes or not.

Hektik
12-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Not sure how it is in Columbus. But id be much more worried about the thieves than the cops..

-S Double C-
12-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Not sure how it is in Columbus. But id be much more worried about the thieves than the cops..

lol there arent those kind theives here i cant tell you how many times i left the doors unlocked on my cars in middle of parking lots and stuff and never had anything stolen. Several boosted car were included in that. Hell my old boosted integra i didnt have a key to the door locks so i couldnt lock it.

ash7
12-28-2009, 12:20 AM
lol there arent those kind theives here i cant tell you how many times i left the doors unlocked on my cars in middle of parking lots and stuff and never had anything stolen. Several boosted car were included in that. Hell my old boosted integra i didnt have a key to the door locks so i couldnt lock it.

...probably not the smartest idea in the world to post this on teh intrawebz there Sean... :headslap:

brilliant
-jonathan

-S Double C-
12-28-2009, 10:52 AM
...probably not the smartest idea in the world to post this on teh intrawebz there Sean... :headslap:

brilliant
-jonathan

i dont care, i lock my civic simply cause there 15k under the hood, the del sol i dont give a damn about

ekcivic1991
12-28-2009, 09:13 PM
not true at all i have several stories of how most cops are dicks, without you breaking the law. Some do there job and i commend them for it, they deserve respect but not the average columbus cop.

And for the advice you dont need to worry about the cops around here unless its the end of the month, cause they are not gonna go out of there way to pull anyone over unless they gotta meet there quota.

ash7
12-28-2009, 09:41 PM
i dont care, i lock my civic simply cause there 15k under the hood, the del sol i dont give a damn about

cool, since you dont care about your del sol - you'll be perfectly fine donating it to me then - right? :rolleyes:

-jonathan

LIKEG6
12-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Lol at the quota. I'm gonna have to ask my aunt about that since she used to be in the CPD but now has moved on to the GBI.

-S Double C-
12-29-2009, 10:16 AM
cool, since you dont care about your del sol - you'll be perfectly fine donating it to me then - right? :rolleyes:

-jonathan

ill sell it for cheap or find me some 22's or 24's for my truck and ill trade! But im sure you wouldnt know anyone who rolls on something bigger then 16's lol

slimjim
12-29-2009, 04:05 PM
my buddy had some 22's on his truck

1d10t
12-31-2009, 03:48 PM
Paul! Where have you been fool???